Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/12/2020 at 20:35, drhay53 said:

FWIW I'm also seeing extremely low ratings from the DLP in the Parisienne 4231 tactics. Like 6.1 every game. I don't have great players but it certainly feels like something unusual is going on there. Haven't dug deep into the stats to see where the bad ratings are coming from yet.

Might just be player suitability? Have you tried another player in the role? 

I have Nkunku playing there most of the time and Turhan is a regen thats being trained. Both seem to be doing well. 

image.png.0a06d8a86ec5299aac3a29d900020dbb.png for me and he seems to be doing really well.   

image.png.d5057658ec3c44fc138db51bdc5ad0d2.png

@LVercetti out of curiosity does he take your corners? That's certainly a lot more assists than I've been seeing.

As others have mentioned, it feels to me like player ratings are down across the board.

And as @knap mentioned, personally I would say the ME is in a real bad place right now. Defending is in a real frustrating place. 

15 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

@LVercetti out of curiosity does he take your corners? That's certainly a lot more assists than I've been seeing.

As others have mentioned, it feels to me like player ratings are down across the board.

And as @knap mentioned, personally I would say the ME is in a real bad place right now. Defending is in a real frustrating place. 

I have looked and i dont have any corner takers selected :S so not sure how I can check.

He has played a few games in the mezz role i have just seen so that might have impacted the ratings 

2 minutes ago, LVercetti said:

I have looked and i dont have any corner takers selected :S so not sure how I can check.

He has played a few games in the mezz role i have just seen so that might have impacted the ratings 

You'd just have to notice that he's taking the corners, or look back through some matches. From the player screen, if you click reports-analysis you can look through some games and see if he's taking corners. 

It's not that big deal, I just wanted to check if his ratings were high due to getting assists from corners. 

7 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

Seconded (thirded?) on the latter point. Granted I'm not playing as Liverpool or another elite team but it feels like even with suitable players recruited for the roles we're struggling a fair bit across whichever tactic I try (and I'm not just mixing and matching every three matches or anything!)

I think one particular area of concern is counter attacks off of set pieces. It's quite common to see your players just kind of jog around while the ball is rolling towards the touchline, while an opponent chases it down, runs around both defenders like they're nothing, and scores an easy goal. It's very important to put the right players as takers in each tactic to help on this, but even doing so, the defenders are just stupid in this scenario. 

At one point yesterday I actually said to myself "I would prefer not to ever have any corners or free kicks, the counter attacks off of them are so lethal"

29 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

I agree with you, player ratings are very low despite winning matches and dominating them. results are quite random because of defence. Im 3 seasons in with 155/160 CA defensive line and sometimes I win with clean sheet against top teams and other times i conceded 4 goals agains a team much weaker than mine. (using 433 dm wide preachin blues btw).

@LordAEM

I have an exclusivity agreement with the Baden Powell site. My tactics should therefore not be on any other site (excluding SI).

I will check with them  and get back to you.

You are welcome to post your twitch here, as long as that does not break SI rules.

@drhay53

It will normal leave you short at back if the game allocates a WB as corner 

Even if you have players back they stand there like lemons watching the AI break forward. Happens in the KASHMIR game video.

I had taken a few versions off, since FM17, I only picked up FM20 when it was free on the Epic store, before getting hooked on some of the new additions and picking up FM21. But it does seem like in the last few years SI have made it more rewarding to make smart, subtle tweaks during the match. I'm using the 4231 Parissienne with wingers, and in the last match I was up against a park the bus 442. My Mezzala kept getting the ball and driving into acres of space but there were no passing options ahead of him. I wanted the wingers to provide some options so I set them both to attack for a bit; just 3 minutes later, the Mezzala drives forward, picks out the run of the right winger with a long pass, who dribbled to the byline, driving all 8 defenders back really deep; this left the DLP unmarked on the edge of the area, and a simple cross led to a simple finish.

I try not to tinker too much, but I also think that SI have made it more rewarding to keep an eye on what's happening and make subtle changes to open/close spaces on the pitch.