Who is going to do something stupid and miss the World Cup Final?

Barry Cartman

We all know footballers are idiots, Pogba had a little swing out in the last game which a different referee or VAR could have resulted in a Red and missing the rest of the World Cup

Who do we think will either do something stupid or even sacrifice themselves ala Suarez to get their side to the final?  

I reckon Giroud or Fellaini 

Harry Kane to get sent off :D

Vardy's groin still playing up, Lingard or Sterling get suspended so Rashford takes their place and therefore we'll need to start with Welbeck up front :lol:

8 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

VAR has been a bit quiet during the knockout stage, I think it's all teed up for some sort of hilarious mistake and controversy that overshadows one of the results this week.

They genuinely used the group stages at the World Cup to trial and test VAR.  The lack of VAR controversy in the knock stages is a direct result of FIFA figuring out what works and what doesn't and relaying that back to officials. 

Interesting little stat from this WC, I've been thinking we're due a significant red for a while as there's been so few. Ronaldo elbow and Barrios headbutt still confuse me, as surely they were red or nothing but I'm not someone who has read the laws of the game after all.

Yes, the small amount of red cards this world is remarkable. Ronaldo's situation wasn't a red imo btw, but Barrios probably should have gotten one for his headbutt. I think the presence of the VAR probably also plays a huge role in the sudden decrease of red cards. Players know that if they do something stupid it will gets noticed and they are in trouble.

Archived