FMT 2018 on Nintendo Switch - Official Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, BuenosTheRover said:

So have played a few hours on this now which included saving me from a potentially very dull train journey

*On the whole runs quite smoothly and able to get between matches better now that i am slowly getting used to interface. I do sometimes find it hard to precisely and quickly reach the button/name etc  needed with occasional slow down, particularly when in match the cursor lags a little. Also wonder if there could be a cursor speed option somewhere as, although this is contradictory with struggling with precision, it does take a while to get from one side of screen  to the other. Using the D-pad in the sidebar menu  is also taking a lot of getting used to and i find quite slow. . 

*As someone mentioned above when playing just with touch its a shame there is no little icon for pulling up side bar without clicking joycon shoulder button

* Is there a way of adding players current season stats to their profile screen rather than clicking through the sidebar menu to career stats/form?

Those are the admittedly little things i can think of now

Other than that very much enjoying leading Blackburn back to where they belong - struggling in the Championship.

This, definitely this.

Surely one of the user chooseable drop down boxes on the player profile screen could be season stats?

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

On 15/04/2018 at 23:16, PaddyTaka said:

scouting 2: can’t seem to find the option to “scout for similar players” - really useful tool on pc which I miss on my switch  

If you view a player's profile then bring up the Actions menu with the R button there is a 'Find Similar Players' option in the Misc section, does that cover what you're after? You can also get to that option by pressing the X button to bring up the context menu when you have a player highlighted in a table or when you have the cursor over the player's name.

Praise players: would be helpful to build morale after they’ve had a good game. 

We're always wary of adding more player interaction into FMT as it's something that can end up requiring a lot of micromanagement in the full game and the focus in FMT is on tactics, transfers and playing matches. As the game currently is, your assistant will suggest a team meeting if results and morale are particularly bad so you can try to give the players a boost, or if they're particularly good just so you can give players the praise they deserve or try to guard against complacency, but the user is only required to pick one option from a few different ones (rather than the longer meetings you get in FM) to keep it nice and quick.

Sort function: on the squad page, it’d be helpful to be able to sort by player rating or ability for example rather than just by position. 

The tables in the game work in the same way as on PC, so you can add new columns with the + icon at the end of the header row and you can change the current view to one containing the information you want to sort by using the view drop-down menu in the top left. Once you have the column you wish to sort by displayed, just select the column header to sort.

On 16/04/2018 at 12:09, Radiantforce said:

I’d like to play Fm touch on the Switch without the joycon. Most things seem to work but I am missing a way to call up the sidebar as well as the ability to “go back”. Basically, the left side buttons on the joycon. Am I missing something? Having the sidebar permanently there like on the ipad would be great. 

There isn't a way to open the sidebar or go back using the touch screen currently, no. We were very much focused on getting the Joy-Con controls working as well as possible so that the game could be played docked and handheld. It's not possible to have the sidebar there permanently as screen space is at a premium on Switch but having a way to bring up the menu using the touch screen is definitely something we should look into.

On 16/04/2018 at 13:08, BuenosTheRover said:

Also wonder if there could be a cursor speed option somewhere as, although this is contradictory with struggling with precision, it does take a while to get from one side of screen  to the other.

Believe me, getting the cursor speed right was a tricky balancing act! Some people think it's too fast and some too slow (I'm in this camp!) so it's very hard to please everyone. After a lot of testing we got as close as we could to a "Goldilocks zone" in terms of balancing precision and speed. I personally think it's worth revisiting the top speed though... :D

On 16/04/2018 at 13:08, BuenosTheRover said:

* Is there a way of adding players current season stats to their profile screen rather than clicking through the sidebar menu to career stats/form?

On the Player Profile Overview screen you can use the little arrow icon in the top right of each sub-panel to change what the sub-panel displays. The closest to what you're after would be the Form sub-panel which then has a button on it allowing you to go to the more detailed Form panel.

Switch saves can't be backed up anywhere, no matter the game.  One of the two big limitations the system design has.

As for further feedback, it's definitely a good port job.  Still impressed by the little navigation tricks they've put in and how they've worked with the controls they have, and still impressed by how smooth it gets (as long as you don't throw too much at it, as with any FM game).  Only thing is the part that will always be a limitation of a console version.  The Switch has been tremendous for me since I had my first kid - I don't need to sit down in front of a console for hours to play the latest "I've got 400 hours of gameplay" open world nonsense, but I can fire up the Switch very quickly and play 10 minutes of a decent Indie port, or keep enjoying the ludicrously brilliant Mario Odyssey.  But FM has never been this type of game.  The setup has made it far far better than any other version just by being available on the Switch, but you can't really change how the game is at it's Core, and it's going to need more time than other ones.

As a huge PC Gamer, I have been thuroughly enjoying my Switch - the fact I can take it with me and play the system wherever I please is something that fits in to a busy or hectic lifestyle well.   Last night I picked up the system for the first time in 3 weeks or so and noticed Football Manager Touch 2018 was on the eShop!  I have been a fan from the very first Football Manager game so I jumped at the chance to play it on the Switch.

I am enjoying it so far and runs relatively smoothly.  However, it takes quite some time to boot the game up if I have fully exited the application, the controls could use some more fine-tuning as I feel they just aren't as intuitive as they could be, I'd like to have the option to run more than a few leagues and have even more save slots.

Enjoying the game otherwise!

Have to say, although there have been quite a few detractors here (as well as those with constructive feedback), I've been nothing short of very impressed by this version. Once you have spent an hour or so surfing various pages, the control system seems very intuitive - I actually find myself barely using the touchscreen because it's a little too fiddly with my adult fingers :D

It's a difficult balancing act brining such a complicated UI to such a small screen but I feel it's handled pretty much spot on.

Hopefully there'll be an FMT 2019 Switch version too!

The 3D engine isn't smooth at all, stutter all over the shop. It feels like it's an unlocked frame rate, surely you can give us a locked 30 at least? 

And I really really wish we could talk to players during the game and give a team talk. I agree it's best not to have training and press conferences in this version but it feels like you've removed an important part of a match which doesn't make the game any slower. 

I regret buying this big time.  

I just played my first game - a pre-season friendly.  It took 9 minutes and 54 seconds to get through the game.  There wasn't even that many highlights.  It stutters, runs so slowly that it is just not worth playing for me.  I wish I could get a refund. 

I thought for ages about buying this, having been a fan of the PC version for decades, shame I got it on the eShop so can't send it back.

My son got a switch for Christmas and it hasn't been played for a few months 😡  Having seen FMT out on it I'm tempted to try it, and prove to myself that buying that console was not a waste of money!!

However I have some questions that I've been wondering about  

How many countries and  leagues can you load from the start of the game?

Is there a limit to the player database size?

Are the above two questions, factors in any stuttering and slowness that some people are experiencing?

Do all teams have graphics (e.g. Badges, and kits)? If not, can they be added like on the pc version?

If no custom graphics can be added can I assume fake team names are a permanent fixture?

And finally, can you add and remove leagues?

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, Jongii said:

I regret buying this big time.  

I just played my first game - a pre-season friendly.  It took 9 minutes and 54 seconds to get through the game.  There wasn't even that many highlights.  It stutters, runs so slowly that it is just not worth playing for me.  I wish I could get a refund. 

I thought for ages about buying this, having been a fan of the PC version for decades, shame I got it on the eShop so can't send it back.

Are you installed to SD card? If so I would recommend installing to internal storage where possible, it should be faster.

15 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

How many countries and  leagues can you load from the start of the game?

A maximum of three countries, with as many leagues as you like in those countries (down to whatever the lowest level is in the full game).

Is there a limit to the player database size?

Yes, for memory reasons there are fewer players loaded than you can have on PC.

Are the above two questions, factors in any stuttering and slowness that some people are experiencing?

DB size shouldn't generally cause "stuttering" and hard to be certain what the causes of slowness are, but obviously, as on PC, the game will take longer to process as you add more countries and leagues, and some nations have more leagues/players than others and so slow the game down more (e.g. England, Spain, Italy, Brazil).

Do all teams have graphics (e.g. Badges, and kits)? If not, can they be added like on the pc version?

For licensing reasons not all teams have official kits and badges and there is no way to add custom graphics to the Switch game.

17 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

If no custom graphics can be added can I assume fake team names are a permanent fixture?

Yes, again for licensing reasons some teams don't have real names (don't quote me on it but Brazil and Germany are the places that don't have the real names if I remember correctly).

17 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

And finally, can you add and remove leagues?

Not after the game has been set up.

• SI Staff

It isn't included due to technical limitations but if we can find away around that then yeah definitely something that would be nice to add in the future.

I have 3 countries loaded, N.Ireland, England & Scotland, all to the bottom playable league. I have started unemployed and I have set N.Irish clubs as the only manageable teams to begin with. I have gone on holiday indefinitely and set to return upon a job offer from a bottom division club. I have been offered 2 jobs but they are both from England. This shouldn't happen as I should only be getting offers from N.Irish teams. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I have 3 countries loaded, N.Ireland, England & Scotland, all to the bottom playable league. I have started unemployed and I have set N.Irish clubs as the only manageable teams to begin with. I have gone on holiday indefinitely and set to return upon a job offer from a bottom division club. I have been offered 2 jobs but they are both from England. This shouldn't happen as I should only be getting offers from N.Irish teams. 

Please post this in the bugs forum and we can look at it. Thanks.

3 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I had always wondered why you'd want to restrict manageable teams (thinking it must be for multiplayer), and never thought of combining it with the holiday function! Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I had always wondered why you'd want to restrict manageable teams (thinking it must be for multiplayer), and never thought of combining it with the holiday function! Thanks!

Yeah, But it doesn't seem to work on the switch version LOL

May have been covered here before so sorry if so, but how do I change how I see matches? Not interested in 3D highlights etc just want to see the tactics screen with the game being described below on the bottom bar. How do I change how I see them? Button bashed for ages on my last game but couldn't work it out :lol:

Edit: I'm an idiot and have worked out what I was doing wrong :lol:

Really enjoying the game. Surprised how well its running considering I've maxed it out and 3 nations all the way down the lowest league. Keep up the good work guys, looks like I'll be pouring some serious time into this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Injuries seem mental on this version. I haven't even finished pre-season in season one yet i already have 8 first teamers out injured and have picked up 2 injuries in EVERY game pre-season game i've played so far :eek:

edit: and literally as i finished typing this and pressed submit, i simmed on another day to find THREE more injuries waiting in my inbox. This is ridiculous.

Bugs on Game Engine?

I played both FM18 on PC & FMT 18 on iPad (family device)

iPad version was bought 2 weeks before Switch released so don't ask why buying twice - I'm a FAN

I do not have trouble with both PC and iPad so far but the Switch got me concern.

The inconsistency is just too much on the Switch model.

With United I was winning and losing randomly.

My attack : Dybala, Sanchez, Bale

Midfield : Pogba, Matic, Sergej Milinkovic

But my strikers are missing open goals and midfield can't hold

Losing to bottom teams and if top league teams 4 / 5 goals.

This continues for 3 seasons.

Worse is the opponent always scores far post goal regardless of team.

Tried:

1. Using only 1 or 2 formation per season

2. Using the role which fits for players but depending on tactics i used

3. Even watch the whole match and tweak accordingly.

...again I have no issue with PC and iPad platform

• SI Staff

The Match Engine in Switch is exactly the same as the iPad and PC versions aside from some minor performance-related changes. There is absolutely no difference in terms of the match AI or how the matches play out.

21 hours ago, PleasedToMichu said:

Injuries seem mental on this version. I haven't even finished pre-season in season one yet i already have 8 first teamers out injured and have picked up 2 injuries in EVERY game pre-season game i've played so far :eek:

There are still fewer injuries in the game than in real life (I believe the figure is about 30% fewer but I'm not 100% sure). The reason you might feel like there are more in this version is because we added very short-term injuries to FM18 and FMT18 which weren't in the game before, so you'll see more players out for say 1-3 days with e.g. a tight groin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2018 at 08:01, d27K said:

Bugs on Game Engine?

I played both FM18 on PC & FMT 18 on iPad (family device)

iPad version was bought 2 weeks before Switch released so don't ask why buying twice - I'm a FAN

I do not have trouble with both PC and iPad so far but the Switch got me concern.

The inconsistency is just too much on the Switch model.

With United I was winning and losing randomly.

My attack : Dybala, Sanchez, Bale

Midfield : Pogba, Matic, Sergej Milinkovic

But my strikers are missing open goals and midfield can't hold

Losing to bottom teams and if top league teams 4 / 5 goals.

This continues for 3 seasons.

Worse is the opponent always scores far post goal regardless of team.

Tried:

1. Using only 1 or 2 formation per season

2. Using the role which fits for players but depending on tactics i used

3. Even watch the whole match and tweak accordingly.

...again I have no issue with PC and iPad platform

I am also having completely random results. Watched every game, tweaked tactic over 3 seasons don't know what else I can do to improve it. Went on a 7 game unbeaten run winning 5 drawing 2 then suddenly lose 5 in a row and not just lose I get demolished like they have 25 shots to my 5.  It's like I am using  a different team all of a sudden even though morale is really high.  It has been similar patterns for 3 seasons now, really frustrating!!

It does seem more inconsistent than the desktop version, but perhaps they’ve made it that way to make it more challenging. 

But I have found that it’s incredibly difficult to get a high shot on target ratio. Even if you use the same tactic as the desktop, you get slightly different results. 

• SI Staff

We literally haven't changed anything to do with the match AI for the Switch version of the game compared to the desktop or tablet versions.

There are so many different factors at play which determine how your team performs from match to match, so even small differences between how your team is set up, the players you have, the opponents you're facing etc. in your game on Switch and your game on desktop can cause performance to vary significantly. Bear in mind that the match engine generally does require you to adapt your tactics to the opposition unless you are a significantly better team. In Switch you can change the highlight mode to Full Match - if your team is really struggling I would set it to Full Match for a while and try to identify weaknesses in how your set up or areas your opponent is consistently exploiting, then tweak based on that.

For more tactical help, the Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion is a fantastic resource: https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

On 25/05/2018 at 13:54, Alex Pitt said:

We literally haven't changed anything to do with the match AI for the Switch version of the game compared to the desktop or tablet versions.

There are so many different factors at play which determine how your team performs from match to match, so even small differences between how your team is set up, the players you have, the opponents your facing etc. in your game on Switch and your game on desktop can cause performance to vary significantly. Bear in mind that the match engine generally does require you to adapt your tactics to the opposition unless you are a significantly better team. In Switch you can change the highlight mode to Full Match - if your team is really struggling I would set it to Full Match for a while and try to identify weaknesses in how your set up or areas your opponent is consistently exploiting, then tweak based on that.

For more tactical help, the Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion is a fantastic resource: https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

I understand how you haven't changed anything but surely there could be a bug?  You can literally take one of the super tactics on these forums and copy it into the switch version and still see the same inconsistencies that we are seeing that are not present on the desktop version.  Just might be worth a look.

On 27/05/2018 at 08:58, avfc_number1 said:

I understand how you haven't changed anything but surely there could be a bug?  You can literally take one of the super tactics on these forums and copy it into the switch version and still see the same inconsistencies that we are seeing that are not present on the desktop version.  Just might be worth a look.

Those "super tactics" often only really work with a decent team that has been playing together for a while and has perfected their knowledge of the tactic and developed the relationships between the players. You honestly can't judge if there is a difference between the Switch and PC versions of the game based on copy/paste tactics.

• 2 weeks later...

tbh i think its pretty decent, only bought it as my laptop going away for repairs, but i have 3 leagues running, england rop 3 divisions and spain and france top 2 divisions and it seems to run fine for me..........only think that really annoys me is you cant add a new manager for multiplayer and you cant train a new player to learn a new position which annoys the hell outta me lol

• 1 month later...

I've just bought this (first FM game I've bought for nearly 10 years).

Really enjoying it so far. I don't find the interface very intuitive but am getting used to it.

Is there a way to get the director of football (or assman as it used to be) to handle all the contract extensions etc so I don't even see that side of things?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 10/06/2018 at 01:31, Rossco# said:

you cant train a new player to learn a new position which annoys the hell outta me lol

You can retrain positions. Go to Individual Training (either from Training in the left sidebar or through the Player's Profile), use the tickbox to take control of their original training, then under Position/Role, select a role for the position you want to retrain them to and it will retrain the position over time. If you remove any Additional Focus and New Player Trait training so they are 100% focused on the Position/Role then the retraining will be quicker. Likewise, playing the player in that position will make them comfortable in the position quicker. Training in this way allows you to get the Player to Accomplished in a position (as long as they are adaptable enough to be retrained), but in order to go from Accomplished to Natural in the position the player needs to be regularly playing in that position.

On the player's individual training there is a comment from your assistant about their general performance in training - if a player is particularly capable of retraining to a particular position your assistant will also mention that in this section. If your assistant says that about a player (e.g. "the player could successfully be re-trained as a defensive midfielder") then the retraining usually won't take too long (about six months to a year generally).

On 13/07/2018 at 09:02, Mushtaq said:

Is FMT19 for Switch likely?

We can't comment on potential new game releases - keep an eye on official channels like forum announcements and the @FootballManager and @SI_games twitter accounts for announcements of new games.

On 15/07/2018 at 21:13, Senoj Lihp said:

Is there a way to get the director of football (or assman as it used to be) to handle all the contract extensions etc so I don't even see that side of things?

There's no way to set the DoF to deal with all contract renewals automatically in the Switch version but you can ask your DoF to negotiate contracts for you on an individual basis by selecting Contract > DoF Negotiate Contract Renewal from the Actions menu (R button) when viewing a Player or Staff Profile.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear SI,

Shortly after recovering from injury, the status icon "Slt" appeared next to Sadio Mane, he "wants a chance in the first team". His status is first team, but due to his 13.8 Stamina, and rain at almost every match (seriously), he's played more than every other game when fit. So, after calling him an idiot, I carried on playing him whenever he's fit and has anything less that "High" injury risk.

Out of the blue there's a news item - he's unhappy, not had enough first team football, gone public blah.. - right, seven options and only one that remotely makes sense "I'm prepared to give you a chance in the first team, but I expect you to work hard to stay there." Putting the fact he's been playing in the first team and is on the sheet for the next game aside, I choose the top option, and suddenly I've made him a promise!

What is this promise? He wants First Team football, he's had First Team football and will continue to get it whenever possible, what can go wrong?

Well, everything. Apparently I've broken my promise, he's unhappy and wants to leave. Why all of a sudden? I was given no indication there was a time limit to this promise.

There is nothing in game about promises and there is no mention of promises in the FM Touch manual. There is in the full game manual, but you are provided with tools to manage them in the full game. Also, I have never seen an official explanation as to what constitutes First Team football in FM, but there's no need is there, it's obvious - unless it's been changed to fit this lame interaction.

So SI, when a player refers to First Team football in this interaction, which games (starts and/or subs) are recognised by the player as counting towards fulfilling your promise, and how are we supposed to know there is a set amount of time to fulfil said promise?

I'd also like to know if players recognise the second half of the statement (in italics) they take as a promise, and if they don't "work hard" are they deemed to have broken their "promise"?

Apart from a few things I love this version of the game. Just please remember that if you leave remnants of features that require certain actions within a given time, then also leave a remnant of the tools necessary to try to deal with it...(over-confidence in warm up... erm, just watch as it escalates)

xxx

PFMM

Edit: Short Version:

So SI, when a player refers to First Team football in an interaction that sees you making a promise to give him a chance in the first team, which games (starts and/or subs) are recognised by the player as counting towards fulfilling your promise, and how are we supposed to know there is a set amount of time to fulfil said promise?

On 13/04/2018 at 08:09, Alex Pitt said:

Football Manager Touch 2018 is now officially out on Nintendo Switch!

Please leave any and all thoughts and feedback you have on the game here.

FAQ: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-touch-2018/nintendo-switch/

Manual: https://community.sigames.com/manual/football-manager-touch-2018_172/

Switch bugs forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/598-bugs-found-on-switch/

What is missing for you to launch the dlc the adds of football manager?

• 2 weeks later...

When a player approaches me for an enhanced contract, I am given the option to point out he has ages left on his existing contract, and a new one won't be forthcoming. But when an agent tries the same thing my only option is to walk away - I haven't done that yet, but I'm guessing it won't improve our relationship. Just walking away is most unsatisfactory.

And why are players even approaching me for improved contracts when they have agents?

Also, are the massively inflated transfer fees due to the very small database available in this version? I've looked around, and players of quality, and/or with potential are costing at least double that paid in the full game, and others not for sale, when readily bought in the full game.

• 6 months later...

Loving this version tho am I the only one that’s noticed the over inflated transfer values and the lack of the home grown rule in English leagues and the squad registration. I find it a little weird that I have been playing against teams like Liverpool 3 seasons in and the line up had not one English player or even home nations player in it subs included . It’s 2019 switch version btw .

• 4 months later...

Archived