Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Hi!

I have created a custom database with one of the extinct nations (Upper Volta). I have done almost everything, League A (32 teams divided into two groups), League B (16 teams), League C (16 teams), but I am having trouble with the national cups.

I have created two cups, one called Elite Cup, where the top 8 teams from League A qualify directly based on positions 0 to 4 (considering the division of the two groups). The teams placed from 5 to 15 (24 teams) in League A qualify for Stage 1 of the Junior Cup.

All the teams from League B (16) and C (16) qualify for Stage 0 of the Junior Cup.

Basically, I need to create a rule that allows transferring the 8 teams from the Junior Cup to play against the 8 teams already qualified in the Elite Cup, to form a knockout tournament with 16 teams.

I have tried everything, but unfortunately, I always get the error "New stage 0 for Elite Cup can't find enough teams to be created, 8 teams found, 16 needed"

Does anyone know how to correctly set up the rule to identify the 8 teams coming from the Junior Cup in the "Teams" section? :confused:

Edited by Dygon

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Its my first time messing with the FM Editor and I am trying to create a "Global League"

I've created a new league (in Liechtenstein), added 20 teams, and it loaded normally. The issue that I am having is: how can I add a second, third, forth (etc) tier for this league? From what I could see, I can only create like a secondary league for the country, not a tier below for the league that already exists.. Can someone help me out on this one?

I will also be creating a Global Champions League. For me to do that, do I need to remove all the cups that the teams play in their countries (FA Cup, Carabao, Copa Del Rey, etc) from the database? How can I set this cup in a stage format (first round, second round, third, etc until the final)

Sorry if thats too much at once, and thanks in advance

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before, the content is so vast and this could be worded in a number of ways:

Is there a function on the pre game editor that enables certain players to become visible when the league is 'inactive' or 'view only'. 

e.g. Calegari for FLU was a go to DR for me in FM22 but to get him visible on FM23, it appears that I have to make the brazilian league 'playable'. Similarly for Julian Aude of Lanus in argentina (technically now for LA galaxy but you get the idea), was a great signing on a number of saves on FM22, but in FM23, i cant find him unless I make the argentinian league 'playable'. Its a huge faff - and drain on my game speed for just the odd player. 

So is there a tick box or something on the PGE that I can mark against the individual player / group of players to ensure that I can find them when I have a save game with only, say, the EPL; La Liga and Bundesliga 1 as playable?

- Additionally, Is there a way to search the PGE database for players trained at clubs like you can in game? what about people with an affiliation to a club? e.g. search for ex-players of Everton to find all people available so you dont have to search name by name to see if I have to create from scratch - andrei kanchelskis as a coach, thomas gravesen as a technical director etc...

Would really appreciate any help on these points, Thanks

You can search by non-playing history ("contains" "Everton") it just takes ages because the game has to go through everyone's histories and not just their name or whatever.

As for loading players, can't you load all players from certain divisions at game start? So just load everyone from the top divisions down there instead of making them playable 

What setting (if any) in the editor enables clubs to give players the % of next sale clause in their contracts? I've noticed most leagues have this feature, but some don't. However I cannot find any setting like this. 

Edited by trviggo

Hello, I am struggling to find a way to merge/import downloaded nation rules into my own edited editor data. The nation rules was made last year and used 23.0.0 database.
- I tried to merge directly both of them but the nation rules did no merged into my own data as I tried by creating a new game with the nation still has the original nation rules but my own data is normal.

- I tried to export the downloaded data then merged it with my own data but when I tried it, the players and staff that I added in my own editor data lost all their pictures and possibly it used older database even though I picked the latest database when I create a new game.

Is there any better way to do this? Currently I'm trying to just edit my own data and copy all the nation rules manually.
Thank you for your help.

On 26/06/2023 at 02:06, proco said:

Anyway to remove a nation? I have a pretty crazy idea that involves adding and removing nations and want to know if its possible. 

Hi

It's much easier to do something else.
If there are countries that you do not intend to manage in the future, you can edit a lot of things.

For example:
Change the nationality of all first North Korean nationals to South Koreans. Clear all North Korea leagues from clubs, edit these clubs to change to South Korean clubs. Change the affiliation of cities and regions. You can put ex-North Korean clubs into South Korean structures, just to give credence to a new country made of South Korea - named simply Korea.

Now you have one nation to create any country in Asia. For example, Manchuria, Tibet, North India or something else entirely.
Or, in this way, you can now repeat the process and move all the clubs, people, cities, regions, e.g. from Kazakhstan to former North Korea and thus you have a "free" nation in Europe!

Under old-Kazachstan You can combine Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia under one banner (e.g. Grand Duchy of Lithuania) and you will have three new "free" countries.

Looking at the example of Korea above, you can also separate Asian regions, cities, clubs, as well as people born in those regions of Russia and make the Asian part of Russia, e.g. Siberia.

Or add the Asian part of Russia to, for example, Mongolia and call them the Golden Horde.

It's time consuming and requires a lot of work, but interesting things come out of it.

In Europe, it is easiest to create from Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, Malta, and the Faroe Islands. You can easily add all these nations to Spain, Germany, Italy, Italy again, Scotland and suddenly you have as many as 5 empty countries to develop!

4 hours ago, cioldan said:

Hi

It's much easier to do something else.
If there are countries that you do not intend to manage in the future, you can edit a lot of things.

For example:
Change the nationality of all first North Korean nationals to South Koreans. Clear all North Korea leagues from clubs, edit these clubs to change to South Korean clubs. Change the affiliation of cities and regions. You can put ex-North Korean clubs into South Korean structures, just to give credence to a new country made of South Korea - named simply Korea.

Now you have one nation to create any country in Asia. For example, Manchuria, Tibet, North India or something else entirely.
Or, in this way, you can now repeat the process and move all the clubs, people, cities, regions, e.g. from Kazakhstan to former North Korea and thus you have a "free" nation in Europe!

Under old-Kazachstan You can combine Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia under one banner (e.g. Grand Duchy of Lithuania) and you will have three new "free" countries.

Looking at the example of Korea above, you can also separate Asian regions, cities, clubs, as well as people born in those regions of Russia and make the Asian part of Russia, e.g. Siberia.

Or add the Asian part of Russia to, for example, Mongolia and call them the Golden Horde.

It's time consuming and requires a lot of work, but interesting things come out of it.

In Europe, it is easiest to create from Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, Malta, and the Faroe Islands. You can easily add all these nations to Spain, Germany, Italy, Italy again, Scotland and suddenly you have as many as 5 empty countries to develop!

This is quite awesome advice. Thanks. :)

HI

I have a very rich customized DB, where the structures of the first 3 Italian leagues have been modified, while the lower leagues have remained almost unchanged.
I think I solved most of the problems but now I'm stuck with one of the youth leagues.
I'll post a screenshot of the error and attach the DB, in case someone is kind enough to help me.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

errore test editor 2.png

Utopic Ita D Eccellenza Giovanili MRCX.fmf

Pretty novice with the editor.

I am editing the USA structure to activate to tier 4. I was doing test and verification then jumped in game to see how it looked. I started with tier 2 and 3. I went to advanced rules* and verified each league. I’d like to add playoffs to the tiers but I can’t get into the “add nation rules” now and I’m not sure why. That is where you create a playoff system right? 

also I don’t want to add pro/rel yet. 

Having issue with adding unactive leagues in the USA structure. I am trying to active the MLS Next Pro (reserve league) and it says to set the league to competition level 5. which I did that and it is not registering...  set the main parent comp and the two sub comps to level 5.... please see the attachment. 

What could be my issue? 

Screenshot 2023-07-09 145614.png

11 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

Will data from 23 being able to be transferred to fm24 like game saves?

You mean editor data? Yes. You've been able to do that for ages now. I imported all of my FM22 editor files into FM23. They needed a few fixes here and there to be compatible, but it wasn't too much work.

Hey all. Wondering if anyone knows any way to implement a "Luxury Tax" or "Transfer Tax"?

Basically I want to take X% of every transfer, and re-distribute the money to other clubs in the division. PSG spends $200M for Neymar? Ligue 1 could then tax 10% = $20M, and distribute $1M to each team in L1. This would slightly even out the division from mega-rich clubs to lower-dollar clubs. 

I've read a lot from this thread, and there were some interesting ideas, but nothing that I was looking for. I might end up doing the tax concept, but that doesn't do redistribution. Thanks!!

Hi there! I have a question:

I started creating my team on the editor about 3 days ago, it went all Well till yesterday, when I found that everything I've done is GONE. The editor couldnt open the saved file, it looks like files are corrupted.

Is there a way to recover anything? Is there a way to prevent it? 

I hope you can help me doing my dreams' career

6 hours ago, piccolozebbetto said:

Hi there! I have a question:

I started creating my team on the editor about 3 days ago, it went all Well till yesterday, when I found that everything I've done is GONE. The editor couldnt open the saved file, it looks like files are corrupted.

Is there a way to recover anything? Is there a way to prevent it? 

I hope you can help me doing my dreams' career

First rule of editing, make multiple versions. :D

0.1 - Basic Information, 0.2 - adding Finances, 0.3 - Adding staff and so on.

I want to make the groups in the unders-20 World Cup exactly as they are in real life, except I didn't find where to do that

EDIT: Now I know where, but not how to do I, everytime I go into internacional rules, the "show rules for" just shows as other

Edited by Pedrike2021
add info

On 16/07/2023 at 16:34, Pedrike2021 said:

I want to make the groups in the unders-20 World Cup exactly as they are in real life, except I didn't find where to do that

Edit the team list to just reflect the 4 teams in group A, then the 4 teams in group B, etc etc. With no "draw rules" selected (so no "seeded group draw" or anything like that) the game should just assign teams in the order they're listed

How do you set the equivalent of draw rules for a group stage? 

In cup stages, under Rounds, there's an option in Draw Rules to set it so that teams not based in the competition's nation should be drawn away. I'm trying to do that through an entire World Cup style of tournament, so I need it in the group stage too. Unfortunately, I can't find that option anywhere in the group stage.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Friends, one question.
How to activate a player who is hidden in the database, realistically I tried a hundred ways but I didn't succeed, here's what it's about
Mateus Saldanha

He is a new football player of FK Partizan Belgrade, he officially signed yesterday for 1.3 million euros.

However, it exist under the ID 19371561 number in the database FM23.0.0, so I don't know if you can activate it in FM 23.4.0.

Thank you
Edited by AcaPxFxC
bad text in the end massage

7 hours ago, AcaPxFxC said:
Friends, one question.
How to activate a player who is hidden in the database, realistically I tried a hundred ways but I didn't succeed, here's what it's about
Mateus Saldanha

He is a new football player of FK Partizan Belgrade, he officially signed yesterday for 1.3 million euros.

However, it exist under the ID 19371561 number in the database FM23.0.0, so I don't know if you can activate it in FM 23.4.0.

Thank you

It's bc he went to Japan in between the updates, likely why they removed him. I'd just take the details from the 24.0 DB and copy and paste them into a created person on 23.4

I want to activate a few nations/leagues that are not playable right now, but are already in the database. Like the 1st and 2nd divisons of Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. Is there a simple way to do this?

Edited by Jorgen

Hi guys,

I am dabbling with the editor for the first time and can't seem to find a way to search for "Favoured personnel".

For example I want to search for all players that have Maradona as idol, but I can't find the correct filter in the player section.

Any tips? Thanks in advance for the help

I recnetly moved Rangers and celtic into the english championship ( swap for blackpool and Boltoin) . After a number of season we have now finished 3rd and 5th and on neither occasion did we qualifty for a queropean competition? Is there another step needed in teh editor to allow this to happen or is it a bug ?

3 minutes ago, MartinSpellacy said:

I recnetly moved Rangers and celtic into the english championship ( swap for blackpool and Boltoin) . After a number of season we have now finished 3rd and 5th and on neither occasion did we qualifty for a queropean competition? Is there another step needed in teh editor to allow this to happen or is it a bug ?

Did you switch their nation and continental cup nation to England?

3 hours ago, MartinSpellacy said:

Never did that. How do I do it ?

You go to the editor, find the clubs you want and make this change.

I'm a bit surprised you managed to make this work without doing this. 

6 hours ago, Yuko said:

You go to the editor, find the clubs you want and make this change.

I'm a bit surprised you managed to make this work without doing this. 

Nation would change automatically when moving teams, and is the only part required to make it work. Teams can have different continental cup nations than the country they're playing in, it's true for all the Liechtenstein teams for example. It just makes them ineligible for European qualification from that league.

Found searching this challenging - so please direct if you know of an existing post.

How do I edit the teams continental places given?

For example, I want to take Luxembourg and give it the coeffecients/places across continental competitions that the dutch league currently has and basically relegate all the others nations to allow for this.

I can see how to change teams registered for season - but believe this would do it as a one off? How would I set up to adjust the competition places given to each country? 

Assumedly with it changed, It'd be in rules editting to determine how they are distributed domestically. 

Hi, just wanted to ask:

If i moved the Russian teams into the Ukraine league, would that allow them to be in UEFA Cups?

I just started a save and it kinda sucks to have less content to play with (as in why manage in russia if there is no champions?), so if it's that easy a fix it's worth starting this 1day save again.

Thx.

On 31/07/2023 at 21:05, giglet13 said:

Found searching this challenging - so please direct if you know of an existing post.

How do I edit the teams continental places given?

For example, I want to take Luxembourg and give it the coeffecients/places across continental competitions that the dutch league currently has and basically relegate all the others nations to allow for this.

I can see how to change teams registered for season - but believe this would do it as a one off? How would I set up to adjust the competition places given to each country? 

Assumedly with it changed, It'd be in rules editting to determine how they are distributed domestically. 

Editing continental qualification places can't be done, it's hard coded.

If you want Luxembourg to have similar places as the Netherlands then you could go to the Nations section of the Database, find Luxembourg, go to the Information page and then edit the Euro Coefficients at the bottom to match the numbers for the Netherlands. That'll move them up the rankings to the same place the Netherlands currently are and they will therefore have the same places. Of course this is only a temporary thing and Luxembourg may well drop back down the rankings again (pretty much guaranteed to happen withing a couple years unless you immediately buff their teams).

1 minute ago, rusty217 said:

If you want Luxembourg to have similar places as the Netherlands then you could go to the Nations section of the Database, find Luxembourg, go to the Information page and then edit the Euro Coefficients at the bottom to match the numbers for the Netherlands. That'll move them up the rankings to the same place the Netherlands currently are and they will therefore have the same places. Of course this is only a temporary thing and Luxembourg may well drop back down the rankings again (pretty much guaranteed to happen withing a couple years unless you immediately buff their teams).

Thanks thats clear, it's part of a bigger nation creation project - if i swap up the teams in first year and sort the coeffecients then in theory that point on the ongoing performance will dictate if they get the places in the future.

By that logic, slightly reducing existing nations around this should also round out the overall 'logic' of the updated coeffecients right? A bit of save, holiday and testing to check I guess !

18 hours ago, rusty217 said:

This advice is gold, @rusty217. It solves an issue I had too that I thought I just had to accept (w/ Ireland's qualification spots), so I'm trying it myself. Thanks for sharing! 

Edited by AQ

Hey guys need a bit of help

With the fminside transfer updates im wanting to add 1 more transfer to it as the transfer happened yesterday. before i start my save id like the transfer done but when i tried to do it shows this (image linked)

i have no other database mods on only the fm inside update with my transfer saved any help would be massively appreciated

thanks in advance  

brokend database.PNG

Edited by Rizo252

Hello,so I Messed up and I removed the shirts from the "Edit Kit Details" provided by the in-game editor,what it caused was that now I can't put new kits,neither 3d ones nor minikits,someone suggested me to put shirts/shorts/socks but it didnt work,anyone that can help?

Apologies if this has been asked already, but in the default database there are two entries

UID: 20000000000 and 2000000002 that are in the US and Canada

The US one has Major League Soccer as a name and has Team X, Team Nemeziz and Team Predator but doesn't have a lot of other information filled out.

The Canadian one just has the title Canadian Premier League and has no sub teams involved.

Are these entries erroneous or are they required for some greater purpose?

On 12/08/2023 at 12:35, xbenjaminx said:

Apologies if this has been asked already, but in the default database there are two entries

UID: 20000000000 and 2000000002 that are in the US and Canada

The US one has Major League Soccer as a name and has Team X, Team Nemeziz and Team Predator but doesn't have a lot of other information filled out.

The Canadian one just has the title Canadian Premier League and has no sub teams involved.

Are these entries erroneous or are they required for some greater purpose?

Team Predator was (maybe still is?) used in the MLS Draft combine, where the draft picks play a bunch of games against each other. Load the US to check if it's still used that way, if so I wouldn't touch it. CanPL might be or was intended to be used for a similar purpose

This isn't exactly on topic, but I guess asking here would still be much better than opening a new thread!

With the info that FM24 will allow us to continue FM23's careers, do we know if that also extends to custom databases? I've been holding on going for a project because FM24 looms ever so slightly closer, but would definitely move forward with it if I can just continue it then.

13 horas atrás, themodelcitizen disse:

Not sure yet, and I expect that any cross-compatibility (and this will extend to saved games too) will be at the expense of full functionality with all the new features

That would be fine, I'd be happy to go back and troubleshoot any fields with no compatibility. At least I could do something in advance.

On 14/08/2023 at 08:41, themodelcitizen said:

Team Predator was (maybe still is?) used in the MLS Draft combine, where the draft picks play a bunch of games against each other. Load the US to check if it's still used that way, if so I wouldn't touch it. CanPL might be or was intended to be used for a similar purpose

Cheers I appreciate that

I have a gameplay question about editing. I would really like to do a small team to glory savegame where I start in the basement of the football pyramid and try to work my way up to the top division in a nation. I have found leagues from Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, Scotland and England where I can do this. I tried the England one. Even in holiday mode it is very very slow, though the star rating says full 5 stars when I set my game up. Is there something I can do to speed up a lower league savegame to get accaptable speeds, or is each and every lower league database doomed to be very slow?

In comparison: I can load 9 0r 10 nations at the same time, with in total 15-30 leagues and 70-100k players and still have a very good savegame. When I load the English level 14 database, it is like watching turtles run backwards 😅