Who will you sign on FM09

Having done a search and found nothing along these lines I wanted to know who you will be signing on FM09 and whether you will start with transfer budgets enabled in the first window.

For me I will be starting with my beloved Spurs (sigh). I wont have budgets enabled in the first window so Jan will be the first time I will get to splash the cash. I reckon I might try and pick up Ronaldo and Appiah on frees to give me a bit of backup. Ronaldo cant be any worse than Frazier Campbell can he!

As for Januray, I reckon I will have 3 main priorities, firstly a striker, so maybe Zaki or Owen possibly Podolski as well. A holding midfielder will be next, I might have a go at signing Carrick back from United or Hargreaves as neither seemed to have become too entrenched at old Trafford, Veloso is also an option. Finally I think I will go after a left winger too, Matias Fernandez was outstanding for me last year, so he would be top of the list.

Whatever happens I will be splashing the cash. I just hope the boards expectations have been toned down a notch this year, last year they wanted champions league in 2 seasons.

well for my first game I always go with my beloved Inter!

So first thing i'll do is sell as many players as i can because we have waaayyy to many players in the squad.

then i don't think i'll need to many players so i'll try to buy aguero and a handful of young players :)

try to get a good affiliate club and hoping that the youth team of inter are given decent stats as they are really good so i can send my youngsters on loan.

will try to buy a couple of decent italian players for the champions league rule as well :)

I think I'm going to start with either Hull or Stoke! I always like finding bargain players on a tight budget so either of these I'll go for.

I want to buy Arshavin desperately, he was always my first signing on the old game when I was a PL team. Sadly, I don't think that will be possible this time around.

I'm going to check out Kikin Fonseca and Salvador Cabanas, see if they are still available on the cheap. I too am going to try and getting Stephen Appiah to bolster my midfield.

It depends how the statistics have changed but I'll be checking out Gasbarroni, Defour, Leonardo (despite his work rate), Samba, Mathieu, Chretien and a whole load more!

I'll probably start off with Either Liverpool or Atletico Madrid.

With Liverpool I'll probably try to buy Antonio Lopez from Atletico.

Ironically, if I start with Atletico I'll try to buy Emiliano Isua from Liverpool. :cool:

I'm going to be the chelsea, but also brentford as they are my local club

Want to sign Bojan, jack Wilshere, try for messi as usual, Cristiano ROnaldo, and Michael Owen(yes, i still rate him)

Not sure who brentford can afford....lol

But I'll probably end up going crazy and changing over my whole squad like in 08...I like Silva, David Villa, Cesc fabregas...and how good will walcott be? I like Micah Richards and Marcelo, but will they still be as good...i can't wait!

This is the first time I want to run Man City in FM.

I believe its financial resources should be richer than before, and I will get Mills, Garrido, Ball, Vassell, Benjani and Caicedo transfer-listed immediately after I take the hot seat to create more cap space for buying 2-3 intriguing defenders, particularly Marcelo, Esparza (hope the work permit doesn't bother too much) and Mertesacker. Certainly I will lure Sakho to join as a long-term project.

My team has a desperate need on quality DM too so I will eye Javi Martinez and Zapater as ideal additions.

I don't see any immediate need to add another player or two upfront, but I won't mind to buy a scoring insurance on Huntelaar, a quality understudy of Robinho in Lulinha and certainly, Saivet.

Neither Hart nor Schmichel are reliable starting GK at the moment, but I am willing to let them competing with one another, though I could sell more players and dumping Schmichel in return for Frey's service, with Ochoa and Akinfeev as alternatives. Bouzanis is under my radar too as another understudy.

Last but not the least, I will retain all the key local products like Richards, Johnson, Onouha, Ireland and Hart, and of course Wright-Philips.

well for my first game I always go with my beloved Inter!

So first thing i'll do is sell as many players as i can because we have waaayyy to many players in the squad.

then i don't think i'll need to many players so i'll try to buy aguero and a handful of young players :)

try to get a good affiliate club and hoping that the youth team of inter are given decent stats as they are really good so i can send my youngsters on loan.

will try to buy a couple of decent italian players for the champions league rule as well :)

oh yes and if the situation in defence is as precarious as it was in real life at the beginning of the season i might need to sign a defender.

As Newcastle, I'll probably look at whole- sale changes. Hopefully my first signing will be tying down Michael Owen on a new long-term deal. I'll probably give Duff, N'Zogbia, Ameobi, Barton, Cacapa and Jose Enrique the boot to make funds and room for a creative midfielder and a new centre half to challenge Collocini and Taylor for places. Can't wait.

Since I will start playing with Atlético Madrid I don't need to buy Agüero, and I think Atlético has a good squad already so I will try to find new wonderkids or something in that way to build up new players for the future.

I'm gonna start with The Mighty Spurs, I'll show Levy that Comolli is'nt needed. I'll start of by trying to get Arshavin as a playmaker and mate for Pavlychenko. Then Lassana Diarra or Owen Hargreaves to bolster the midfield. A Defender who will play more games than King (5 should do it) I'll probally try and offload a few midfielders as we're a bit overloaded there, depending on the budget could get rid of Modric or some of the other foreigners, I want a strong British backbone. You listening to any of this Levy??

I'm gonna start with The Mighty Spurs, I'll show Levy that Comolli is'nt needed. I'll start of by trying to get Arshavin as a playmaker and mate for Pavlychenko. Then Lassana Diarra or Owen Hargreaves to bolster the midfield. A Defender who will play more games than King (5 should do it) I'll probally try and offload a few midfielders as we're a bit overloaded there, depending on the budget could get rid of Modric or some of the other foreigners, I want a strong British backbone. You listening to any of this Levy??

Welcome to the forums:)

You're plans sound good TBH! Not sure if all will be achievable, but if you can pull them off you would have a great team!

On the topic of who I'll sign first, I'd like to first add that I'll edit Cray Wanderers into a position where I can either take them over immediately, or control them after a year. This is because, apparently, teams 2 leagues below the last playable league can't go up. I think I'll replace Tooting (we should've beaten them in the playoff final). Anyway, first player I'll sign is Jon Main. LETHAL striker, should be in FL. I'll probs try to get Sam Wood on loan, too. I wonder if Ross Lover'll be in the database too...

i will be either walsall or gillingham, so i will try to get Kieran McKenna on loan from Spurs and Kristian Nemeth, Stephen Darby from Liverpool and Jamie Ward from Chesterfield. Then i will scout and sign some young players to either use them or sell them (board interventions) or general player unhappiness (i don't like unhappy players).

probably liverpool: my team. New quality full backs top of the list with all the useless players gone to raise what meagre funds they can. It will be interesting to see how well dossena is ratedi dont expect degen to have any change so is probs still rubbish. I might also go for a quality right winger to replace kuyt.

Gonna start with Juventus. Got a small dilemma, first off i need to see how good my 3 gems are; Giovinco, Marchisio and Criscito.

Gonna start building a new base for the next generation of Juventus.

What matters is ofcourse that Criscito is reliable, got good defensive stats - Machisio on the under hand could be the control on MC - but important that consistency, work rate and passing is high. Ideally i want to get Giovinco to replace Del Piero on the long run, so similar stats would be appreciated. Although in FM08 his stats are more similar to Camoranesi than Del Piero i would like to retrain him to FC if needed.

Buffon is a sure choice in goal, and hopefully Criscito and Andrade can keep the defence safe along with Chiellini and Grygera/Molinaro.

Although Nedved is getting old i believe he still has something to contribute with. Sissoko (Poulsen) and Tiago/Marchisio for MC.

Will play a 4-4-1-1:

| FC

AM (farrow)

ML-MC-MC-MR

DL-DC-DC-DR

So the AM will be rotated between Del Piero and Giovinco while the FC will be a 3 man competition with Trezeguet/Amauri/Iaquinta.

Don't really see the big need with major signings at the start, although a backup at DC might be looked into or perhaps a new creative MC if Tiago/Marchisio fail. Otherwise a guy like Rosina to cover ML/MR. But thats for the Jan. window.

My plan is to have Italians for the majority of the squad. Thats why i rely on guys like Giovinco/Criscito/Marchisio. In the longer run Di Silvestri (lazio) for the RB and Fazio for CB might be looked into.

my first game will be with a random team, but when i start a game as my beloved q.p.r my first signing will be a striker,

going from real life, and wanting young talented and english Jermaine Beckford

will be top of my list (providing they dont give him dog poo stats)

I doubt if Diaby will be. He was injured for the majority of last season, so if anything he will be more injury prone. I really doubt if his stats will be improved.

If you haven't already, please remember to post in the GPTG Awards. It's the first time this has been done, and we would like to get as many votes as possible.

As celtic i will first of all get rid of a few players that are on high wages (balde , killen etc ) then hopefully i will be able to sign Appiah and wait until january before signing steven fletcher and a quality left back.

I think almost everyone is going to be signing Appiah!

If you haven't already, please remember to post in the GPTG Awards. It's the first time this has been done, and we would like to get as many votes as possible.

I'll of course start as Arsenal:D, and I will be buying and playing mostly youth players.. Most likely Saivet, Sakho, Sankhare and Wijnaldum..:p

I'll try to involve Wilshere, Lansbury and Merida in the first-team too, and maybe buy a CM/DM like Blaise Matuidi...

But I'm NOT going to sign Appiah:D:D

I'll of course start as Arsenal:D, and I will be buying and playing mostly youth players.. Most likely Saivet, Sakho, Sankhare and Wijnaldum..:p

I'll try to involve Wilshere, Lansbury and Merida in the first-team too, and maybe buy a CM/DM like Blaise Matuidi...

But I'm NOT going to sign Appiah:D:D

Liar! Everyone will sign Stephen, the big-headed, huge-ego'd, better-than-everyone guy!

I want to know who will be the new prospects, for all we know Wijnaldum could be rubbish!

Hi, Im going to start a game with Valencia. I do not start the game with transfers allowed so starting in Jan I am going to try and sign as many Spanish players as possible with a sprinkling of South American (Limited to Brazilian, Argentinian, Chilean and Uruguayan) as well as some Europeans, mainly from Portugal. I want to strengthen the fullback positions, central midfield and build squad depth. some of my possible targets will be Zapater, Javi Martinez, Zarate, Veloso, Camacho, De gea, Asenjo, Aquino, Matias Fernandez, Vidal, Fazio, Insua and some other young players.

Gonna start with Juventus. Got a small dilemma, first off i need to see how good my 3 gems are; Giovinco, Marchisio and Criscito.

Gonna start building a new base for the next generation of Juventus.

What matters is ofcourse that Criscito is reliable, got good defensive stats - Machisio on the under hand could be the control on MC - but important that consistency, work rate and passing is high. Ideally i want to get Giovinco to replace Del Piero on the long run, so similar stats would be appreciated. Although in FM08 his stats are more similar to Camoranesi than Del Piero i would like to retrain him to FC if needed.

Buffon is a sure choice in goal, and hopefully Criscito and Andrade can keep the defence safe along with Chiellini and Grygera/Molinaro.

Although Nedved is getting old i believe he still has something to contribute with. Sissoko (Poulsen) and Tiago/Marchisio for MC.

Will play a 4-4-1-1:

| FC

AM (farrow)

ML-MC-MC-MR

DL-DC-DC-DR

So the AM will be rotated between Del Piero and Giovinco while the FC will be a 3 man competition with Trezeguet/Amauri/Iaquinta.

Don't really see the big need with major signings at the start, although a backup at DC might be looked into or perhaps a new creative MC if Tiago/Marchisio fail. Otherwise a guy like Rosina to cover ML/MR. But thats for the Jan. window.

My plan is to have Italians for the majority of the squad. Thats why i rely on guys like Giovinco/Criscito/Marchisio. In the longer run Di Silvestri (lazio) for the RB and Fazio for CB might be looked into.

Arrows are gone in FM09.

Will probably look to buy young players again.

Perhaps Jimenez, Aguero most probably. Not sure.

Archived