FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

On 13/12/2016 at 19:17, Plastic_Road said:

I'm in my second season.  Played 7 won 7 so far. 

My transfer history for the last window

Finished last season 4th just but won the FA Cup. 

transfers.png

And my fixtures and results.

fixtures.jpg

Neves :thup: tried to get him myself but too dear

On 13/12/2016 at 20:27, Brads-Wigan said:

Hi guys, started what I hope will be a long term, successful save!  Had a good start, just reached boxing day! Second in the League and Semi Finals of EFL Cup!

Dont know why Klopp is having defensive problems, currently conceded the fewest goals in the league and Mignolet is currently on a 9 game clean sheet run in the league... Karius is my cup goalie!

Coutinho started off injured but hasnt really done anything for me along with Wijnaldum! 

I had summer transfer window turned off, so got 75 million to spend, dont really know what to do, maybe a left back? Ive had a look at Donnarumma but they are unlikely to sell! 

League 

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-13%20at%2020.09.

Fixtures 

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-13%20at%2020.08.

Squad

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-13%20at%2020.08.

Good luck :)

On 14/12/2016 at 15:27, ThunderZtormDK said:

Right. My first proper summer transfer window is over.

Out went:
Can, £70M (PSG)
Lallana, £30M (Marseille)
Lovren, £20M (PSG)
Sakho, £19M (Barca)
Mignolet, £8M (Milan)
Karius, £8M (Sheff Wed)

In came:
Thiago Maia, £10.5M (Loaned out due to work permit)
Isco, £24M
Dele Alli, £50M
Gareth Barry + Wayne Hennessey, free transfers
Maicon, £7.5M
And a couple of teenager-newgens.

I tried to grab Dybala for £80M, but Juve didn't even want to negotiate.

Season has started okay with a Community Shield win over Man U, and league wins over Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle + a draw v Sheff Wed.

Just got Dybala myself for £57M about £35M upfront

On 15/12/2016 at 15:46, DH. said:

Starting a save with Liverpool, wish me luck. I've been having a little look over my squad, and these are my first thoughts:

GK - I'm initially going to rotate Mignolet/Karius until one of them establishes themselves as first choice (hopefully Karius due to age), and I'll look to offload the other at the start of my second season. I'll then use Ward as my backup goalkeeper when he returns from loan due to his HG status, whilst also keeping an eye out for a young no. 1.

RB - Clyne is going to be my undisputed RB, although I'm planning on giving Alexander-Arnold 10-15 games in the first season in order to allow him to develop. Think I'm going to offload Randall. Once Flanno returns from loan then I'm going to attempt to retrain him at CB and DM in order to use him as a backup jack of all trades type. I'm not planning on signing anybody for RB any time soon unless AA doesn't end up developing as I hope.

LB - Moreno is going to be my first choice LB, with Milner, Gomez and Klavan able to act as backup where needed. Might try to look for a young HG LB to develop.

CB - Going into the season its my intention to have Matip and Lovren as my first choice, with Sakho as my first backup. Gomez will be rotated across the back four, although long term I definitely see him as a CB. Klavan is going to be kept to cover the CB and LB position, but Ilori will be sold.

CM - I'm planning on using a central midfield two, with a Regista in behind which I feel that Can will be perfect for, with Hendo filling in for him at times. I'm then planning on having two of Hendo/Wijnaldum/Lallana in front of him as my strongest midfield. I'm then going to develop Chirivella as a regista, and planning on giving him 5-10 games this season, and Grujic as a part of the midfield two. I'm planning on hopefully giving Grujic 15-20 games, and Ejaria around 10. I can't really see Lucas getting too much game time, but I am definitely going to keep him round as a backup DM/CB, and use him as a tutor.

AM -  In the attacking midfield roles, I'm planning on using a winger and an inside forward. Mane will be my first choice winger on the right hand side, with Coutinho on the left as an inside forward (or possibly an advanced playmaker). I'm going to try to give Ojo 15-20 games, whilst hopefully Kent will develop whilst out on loan, ready to get some game time in the second season. I'll have Firmino/Wijnaldum/Lallana who can also play here when needed, although I'm planning on using them in other roles. I might try to look for a young wide player to bring in to develop.

ST - Up top, I'm planning on using Firmino as a F9 (although I'm not the best tactically so this experiment may fail!). If not Firmino, then I'll have Sturridge as back up, whilst also giving Origi quite a bit of game time. I'm planning on sending Ings out on loan for the season, and giving Woodburn a run out in a few of the cup games.

Whilst that's quite a brief overview, you can see from this that I don't feel that there are any positions I need to go out and make a big signing for straight away, so my main focus will be bringing in a couple of youth players. While I have underlined a winger and a LB to bring in, I will be looking to strengthen the use squad all over - particularly if I can bring somebody in who can go on to become a HG player.

The formation I'm looking on playing will look something like this...

GK

RB           BPD                  CB             LB

R

BBM             AP

W                                                 IF

F9

Although as previously mentioned, I'm not too great on the tactics front, so may end up opting to switch the Regista for a Deep Lying Playmaker and the F9 for a Complete Forward. Look forward to keeping you posted on how I get on!

Good luck :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/12/2016 at 21:31, lfc7 said:

Alright lads been a while since I've been on the forums properly had a lot going on, but just picked FM17 up and gonna have a go with the mighty reds like the old days. Any of the lads still around from when i was last on here properly ?

Must say like the new layout of the forums :applause:so much easier. Anyway i will be playing on the touch version of the game, up the reds 

Hello mate, long time :) , glad to see you back.

I had started my new save and after a so-so start, 2 draws, a 0-0 and a 2-2 comeback against City, I beat Spurs 4-1, Origi having a crazy 11 mins where he scored 4 in the first half. Hopefully that kicks off my save! On the back of that, he's my no1 striker. 

42 minutes ago, ThunderZtormDK said:

I think I may have found a new super-super star. Found this wee lad in France. Been kind of forced to play him as both Firmino and Origi's been injured, but he has not disappointed, as you can see. 10 games, 8 goals to his name.

127drZ.jpg

Wow he looks incredible for 16! Why do I never get players like this :( lol 

On 12/12/2016 at 05:54, ThunderZtormDK said:

Right, the January transfer window is over, and I managed to splash some cash in the end.

Ins:
Matthew Targett, £19M.
Daniele Rugani, £30M
Joey O'Brien, free transfer on a 6-month contract.
Gianluigi Donnarumma, £50M
Andre Dozzell, £5M

Outs:
Lucas, £11M
Tiago Ilori, £1.5M
Ragnar Klavan, £7M
Alberto Moreno, £15M

I tried to grab Will Hughes, but City got to him first.

I'm curious: Why get rid of Moreno?  He is amazing in the game.  I'm into my 3rd season and he has been amazing.  I've noticed a lot of people selling him in this thread and I can't fathom selling him so early.  I'm playing him as a fb-a behind Coutinho as a wpm-s in a 4-4-1-1 and he has been a key player in my team.

What do you think of this newgen?  I've got him on loan this season and he has a reserved/media friendly media-handling style so he has a high professionalism rating as well.  He's on loan at Fulham at the moment, but I'll be incorporating him into the 1st team next year,

WLkq2m.jpg

3 hours ago, jakem016 said:

I'm curious: Why get rid of Moreno?  He is amazing in the game.  I'm into my 3rd season and he has been amazing.  I've noticed a lot of people selling him in this thread and I can't fathom selling him so early.  I'm playing him as a fb-a behind Coutinho as a wpm-s in a 4-4-1-1 and he has been a key player in my team.

To be honest, because he's not British. There are a few English left-backs who can take Moreno's role - Targett, Sessegnon etc - and I decided for a British core :)

2 hours ago, jakem016 said:

What do you think of this newgen?  I've got him on loan this season and he has a reserved/media friendly media-handling style so he has a high professionalism rating as well.  He's on loan at Fulham at the moment, but I'll be incorporating him into the 1st team next year,

WLkq2m.jpg

I'd definitely be giving him regular game time. Looks like a proper talent, that.

6 hours ago, jakem016 said:

I agree... I always look at replacing him, but then the obvious replacement of Ricardo Rodriguez isn't actually any better overall, and wants crazy wages.

I keep trying to convince myself to buy Will Hughes, but apart from the fact he's English, you can buy better players that are younger and cost half as much?

3 hours ago, dannysheard said:

I agree... I always look at replacing him, but then the obvious replacement of Ricardo Rodriguez isn't actually any better overall, and wants crazy wages.

I keep trying to convince myself to buy Will Hughes, but apart from the fact he's English, you can buy better players that are younger and cost half as much?

English matters. Remember, brexit is coming. 

1 hour ago, ThunderZtormDK said:

English matters. Remember, brexit is coming. 

That's random, right?  Regardless, Moreno will be fine by then.  He's playing for Spain and he he'll have enough time in England to get citizenship.  Having said that, I'm worried about Grujic.  He's been played as a backup for 2 years and has been dropped for the Serbian national team.  I really want to keep him, but his work permit was rejected when I tried to resign him.  He's got a 18 months left on his current deal and I'm gonna have to sell him next summer if he doesn't get a permit.  I'm playing him way more than he deserves at the minute to try to impress the Serbian manager.

38 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Do you have to get rid of foreign players already in your squad when the Brexit 'ting kicks in, or does it just make new signings difficult?

First of all, it depends which Brexit scenario your game gets. There's three options, two of them won't "hurt" your game in any way. The hard brexit (most likely scenario in the game), however, will mean that everybody non-British will require work permit for new contracts. So contracts started before Brexit are okay, but any contract after that will require work permits, also for current squad.

20 hours ago, A Double K said:

Hello mate, long time :) , glad to see you back.

I had started my new save and after a so-so start, 2 draws, a 0-0 and a 2-2 comeback against City, I beat Spurs 4-1, Origi having a crazy 11 mins where he scored 4 in the first half. Hopefully that kicks off my save! On the back of that, he's my no1 striker. 

Hi mate :D don't have an awful long time to play, but shall update and be in forums whenever i can

Origi was great for me first season playing as striker and AMR, but then i got Dybala in for £57M overall and with sturridge gone and Lacazette as backup, it was hard to say no when bayern offered £55M 

Des Miller_  Inbox-8.png

18 hours ago, ThunderZtormDK said:

I think I may have found a new super-super star. Found this wee lad in France. Been kind of forced to play him as both Firmino and Origi's been injured, but he has not disappointed, as you can see. 10 games, 8 goals to his name.

127drZ.jpg

11 hours ago, jakem016 said:

WLkq2m.jpg

:eek:

15 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Just drew first game of first season 3-3 at home to Arsenal, having been 3-0 down to three pretty soft goals.

I've just equalised away at Sunderland in second game but wife has made me pause game to watch Strictly...I just want to p!ay 😬

Here we watch stuff on the big screen while I have FM running on the secondary monitor. She will typically be busy modding Skyrim or grinding quests in an MMO as well.

My times with FM are the days we catch up on TV-shows and movies :p

2 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

I'm a bit OCD, so I have to 100% concentrate on FM...no TV, no radio, on talking.

I'm one of the ones that does press conferences with myself in the car on the way to work...that's right, I pretend to answer questions, out loud, as the real me manager 😂

I think most serious FM-players have done that. Don't worry, you're not a special snowflake :D

Oh ffs.

30 games unbeaten in PL, and then Spurs away shows up. Record's now 24-6-1 after a 1-2 loss in London. As long as they have Kane, they'll take me out.

Seems the spring bad form has returned to haunt me. Nervous players not dealing well with being title favorites. The loss at Spurs was followed up by a 0-2 loss in Monaco (4-3 win aggregate tho), and 1-1 home v Sunderland.

Next up: Man City and Norwich, both home. Need to get out of the bad form fast as I've also got an FA Cup semi v Arsenal and a CL semi v Barcelona coming up..

Finally completed a season after 6 weeks finished 5th back in Europe but poor in both cups knocked out early Firmino was on fire at the start of the season then got injured & missed 10 weeks now hes gone 26 hours without scoring will reshape my squad & staff in season 2  

Just beat Everton 7-0 at Anfield.  This result sent them into the drop zone (granted only after 12 games in the 3rd season), but they proceeded to fire their manager, Ryan Giggs. When asked about this in the post-match press conference, Liverpool manager Jesus de la Cruz responded that "Everton will be better off without Ryan Giggs as manager".  This was one of my proudest FM moments yet.  It is a close 2nd to when I cozied up to an under fire Mourinho in a club and country save a couple of years ago and convinced him to manage the Spanish U23s and then fired him the day after he resigned from Real Madrid.  

265168d1344396355-ultimate-mind-game-aga

39 minutes ago, jakem016 said:

Just beat Everton 7-0 at Anfield.  This result sent them into the drop zone (granted only after 12 games in the 3rd season), but they proceeded to fire their manager, Ryan Giggs. When asked about this in the post-match press conference, Liverpool manager Jesus de la Cruz responded that "Everton will be better off without Ryan Giggs as manager".  This was one of my proudest FM moments yet.  It is a close 2nd to when I cozied up to an under fire Mourinho in a club and country save a couple of years ago and convinced him to manage the Spanish U23s and then fired him the day after he resigned from Real Madrid.  

265168d1344396355-ultimate-mind-game-aga

Love it.

Mourinho is a Class A Kunt.

Jan transfer window in the first season.

Selling Wijnauldum to Man city for 21.5million.

But i think i need a Right winger.

Currently only Mane is good there. While Lallana and Milner can play there, they are slow so dont fit my style. 

Do i tough it out till next season and stick to Mane and youth, or buy a right winger?

I could get Thomas Lemar for 12million and retrain him to right wing. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Siven said:

Jan transfer window in the first season.

Selling Wijnauldum to Man city for 21.5million.

But i think i need a Right winger.

Currently only Mane is good there. While Lallana and Milner can play there, they are slow so dont fit my style. 

Do i tough it out till next season and stick to Mane and youth, or buy a right winger?

I could get Thomas Lemar for 12million and retrain him to right wing. Thoughts?

Lucas Moura seems to end on the transfer list pretty early on. I managed to snatch him for £16M.

Right. Second season over.

I won the Premier League, EFL Cup and Community Shield. Semi-finals in FA Cup and Champs League. All in all a pretty good season:
HFfj8x.jpg

I gave a LOT of youngsters their debuts this season. I know some of them will never cut it here, but I do like giving them the chance, if nothing else to make them sale material.

I've already agreed deals with a few players, the biggest one being Alex Grimaldo, who's going to solve my left-back problem, leaving Milner free to be a squad player.

Other than that I'm signing a couple of newgens. Real is seriously hunting Coutinho, while Barca's after Firmino. Both of these are for sale - I've promised Coutinho that I'll accept £80M, and I'd expect around the same for Firmino too.

Well, I started third season. In the second season I won Premier, UCL, EFL and FA Cup.

In

Draxler (28M) from Wolfsburg

7 regens (4M)

Out

Sturridge (22M) Marseille

Kolasinac (26.5M) Atletico

Ings (11M) Bournemouth

Markovic (30M) Milan

Shamal George (10k) Birmingham

Ryan Fulton (100k) Derby

Muniain (16M) Monchengladbach

Milner (1.5M) Leeds

Lloyd Jones (2.6M) Barnsley

Ilori (5.5M) Espanyol

Randall (150k) Coventry

Stewart (1.5M) Preston

Williams (2.3M) Wigan

And +50 loans.

Right, the summer transfer window of 2018 is over. Only big sale was Coutinho, who went to Real Madrid for £80M. In instead came Thomas Lemar for £40M, Butland for £10M, Grimaldo for £33M and a whole bunch of mostly British youngsters.

So, as per September 1st, my 22-man first team squad is like this:
q5UW4M.jpg

3 Club Homegrown + 8 Country Homegrown. And Donnarumma becomes Club homegrown next summer. Half of my first team squad is British. That is acceptable.
(Comparison at this point: Man Utd 5/23, Chelsea 1/23, Man City 5/23, Arsenal 4/23, Spurs 7/23)

My current U23-squad has 32 players. 19 are Club Homegrown, 4 more will be Club Homegrown by summer 2019, 2 more by summer 2020, and finally another 3 by summer 2021. Meaning that out of the 32 talents on my U23-team, only 5 of them will never be Club Homegrown. All of those five are without work permit anyways, and have been bought to make money, basically.

My U18 squad has 25 players. All of them, even the ones I signed this summer, will eventually be club homegrown. 

In other words, I shouldn't have any problems with homegrown quotas in the foreseeable future.

The other big story of this transfer window was Chelsea. They ended 6th in both 16/17 and 17/18 - two years without CL-football means mutiny. First year saw Hazard, Remy, Atsu, Moses, Ivanovic, Matic, Cahill and Marcos Alonso leave. Second year was even worse: Courtois, Danilo, Azpilicueta, Diego Costa and Batshuayi all left. Their first game of the season? Vs Liverpool, and we hammered them 4-1.

15 minutes ago, Siven said:

i really hate that Coutinho and Grujic wont unlearn long shots trait.

I may have to use an editor...

I agree that they are sometimes game-breakingly sh*t... I know people say 'it's your tactics' and to a point that's true, but it shouldn't be the case that if your tactics aren't quite 'right', that your team takes 15-20 long shots in a game, even when you have instructions like Work Ball into Box and you specifically ask Coutinho to shoot less.

3 hours ago, dannysheard said:

I agree that they are sometimes game-breakingly sh*t... I know people say 'it's your tactics' and to a point that's true, but it shouldn't be the case that if your tactics aren't quite 'right', that your team takes 15-20 long shots in a game, even when you have instructions like Work Ball into Box and you specifically ask Coutinho to shoot less.

It's not that there is one thing to tweak to fix that ...

If you keep getting too many long shots there is something fundamentally not working correctly.. your players aren't finding any other options open to them other than shooting long... work from there and tweak to open space up for them to pass into or players open to pass to.

Also.

2016/17 Was restricted due to financial fair play.

End of season, got the word it is all good, was looking forward to be able to buy some players again.

Next day, I cannot adjust budgets or anything, I cannot make signings as I have massive negative wages and I am under financial fair play AGAIN!!

I am only spending 2.4m per week on wages too.

I just got into January of my 3rd season and I think I'm going a little overboard on Eastern European youth transfers.  I currently have 12 Czech and 3 Croatian players in my U23 squad.  I'm gonna send some on loan and move some to the u18s team, but Czech Republic is creating some ridiculous newgens.

XYxGc1.jpg 

jgF1IN.jpg

OIUyjw.jpg

5qrmty.jpg

Dyk3G7.jpg

anTubg.jpg

2CavOG.jpg

It was Austrian regens for me in '16. Must see what my scouts can find in Czecho!

In the summer of '18 on mine - still, thanks to a crash dump! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Picked up Gerrard as a coach, made some big improvements to my scouting/coaching team (best in the league in all areas now), Peñaranda as my big summer purchase (for me!), along with a whole host of regens. About 8 or 9 I think of varying talents. A few to be flipped in a few seasons time possibly, but most look like they could be solid first team'ers with a bit of luck.

Picked up a tasty looking 15 year old, which I am quite excited about.

I feel like I should rephrase that sentence but sure you know what I mean!

Right, in March 2019. Got kicked out of both EFL and FA cup. Met Real in 1st knockout round of CL, and lost 4-3 on Bernabeu in the first leg.

I'm leading PL quite securely though, which is what really matters to me. The loss of Coutinho hasn't really hurt me, as Lemar has basically slotted straight in. In some ways he's a big improvement, as Lemar is very, very dangerous with his free kicks and corners.

In January, I sold off Origi for £60M. He was doing quite well, but he was backup to Firmino, and young Wilfried Thomas could do the same job Origi did anyways.

There are rumours abound that PSG wants Rugani, while Barca is looking at Mané and Thiago Maia. We'll see. If I get a good offer for Mané, I'll probably sell. He's good, but also very inconsistent. Plus, I have a few VERY talented right wingers coming up.

Right. My third season as Liverpool boss is over, and what a season. I managed to win the PL again, and also won the Champions League, beating Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and finally Leverkusen (!?) to win it.

Now I need to figure out my  squad for next year. A few changes will happen, as always, but I'm planning on a more relaxed transfer window than I've had previously.

I've grabbed Will Hughes from City for £10M and John Guidetti from Bayern for £20M - those two will do the trick for now, I think. So far, from the surplus store, I've gotten rid of Cathcart, Kent and Grabara

Per July 14th 2019, my 23-team first team squad looks like this - as you can see, 5 Club Homegrown and another 9 Country Homegrown. 12 English players and 11 foreigners.
XAcP48.jpg

Archived