FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dannysheard said:

Would anyone judge me if I just edited out Coutinho's long-shot PPM?

It feels like such a badly overpowered PPM that makes him sh*t!

Judge you?  No.  I've done that before and it's hard to unlearn, but he's been really good for me.  Not Firmino good but really good as a wp-a at ML or an AP-a at amc.  

11 hours ago, niklas1907 said:

Hey mate. Maybe a chance you can upload your tactic? Looks like fire!

Hope this works ???

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1J38OSY31tucVFib3ZsZENXbmc/view?usp=sharing

This is a tactic that someone else built around 2 years ago, I have only made slight changes to it so I will not take much credit. I do however change the WIngers to their favorite positions, such as Countinho as an Advanced Play-maker support in the AML position, and if using Mane on the right, change to AMR Wing Support etc..
Also change to the AMC position to suit whom ever you wish to play there, I use Woodburn as AMC-SS.

Basically your backline will do it's job, but you need fast good defenders, minimum 14 pace. The DLP is important position, he will be the back playmaker who will link it to your BBM then onto you AMC, the AMC must always be in attack, your wingers are always on support, they will hang back a little, I try to have one of the as IF-S though so an extra man can cut inside when the time to do so is there, I use Berardi as he is simply awesome for this tactic.
Coutinho AML AP-S and Mane AMR W-S worked ok though.

13 hours ago, dannysheard said:

Would anyone judge me if I just edited out Coutinho's long-shot PPM?

It feels like such a badly overpowered PPM that makes him sh*t!

Some people will but it's your game; do with it what you wish.

I occasionally use the in-game editor to "fix" things that I deem unrealistic or borderline game ruining. For example:

Ronaldo Vieira had just recently signed a great new contract as a 19yr old (his second raise in a single season) but after a few decent performances his agent came calling wanting yet another new contract. I clicked on the "ask Vieira to sack his agent" button which brought me to the interaction screen so I could make the suggestion. He fully agreed with me and when I was taken back to the news feed, a new news item appeared at the top saying "Ronaldo Vieira sacks agent whats-his-face and signs with whatever-you-call-him", but the previous agent contract demand was still there as a must respond, so I simply clicked "walk away" (which makes sense as that bloke is no longer his agent).

Immediately Vieira wants to discuss a personal issue with me, and long story short; he's now unhappy I won't give him a new contract  :idiot:

Anyway, I used the in-game editor to remove his unhappiness. In real life if a player sacks his agent, I can't imagine that agent still nagging the manager for a new contract for his ex-client.

17 hours ago, yonko said:

Just a little suggestion to anyone trying to bring up the youth players. Don't send them out on loan! If you want them to develop, keep them. Train them at the club, tutor them and give them some playing time. If you can't give them playing time and send them on loan, do so but not for more than 3 months. And make sure that the player will be first team and played in the position he should be or your want him to play. And always with an option to recall from loan. But I repeat, it is always best that the most highly rated youngsters stay at the club rather than go on loan.

I only really loan out players who I don't think will make it, and it's really just to keep them happy. I sill insist on first team/key player status at the loan club and I closely monitor their performances and playing time.

If I have highly rated kids at my club I play them in the Premier League first and foremost; throw them in at the deep end :D

Darn Brexit!!

I am now having young talent from European nations fail work permits..

Actually a lot of players are, my attempt to sign Lucas (DL) from A.Madrid failed as he could not get a work permit.

Also, any decent player will cost you 100m by the year 2020, and since you can't get young guys from different countries no more, the game has hit a point of restart, and sign EVERY decent young player you can for the first 2-3 seasons.

I finished the first season, won the EFL Cup, second in the FA Cup and third in the Premier.

IN

Marcus Edwards 1.6M (Tottenham)

Josh Berrett 2.5M (Reading)

Kuki 750k (Malaga "B")

Dayot Upamecano 2.5M (RB Salzburg)

Sander Svendsen 500k (Molde)

Jordan Larsson 1.8M (Helsingborg)

Alexander Isak 2M (AIK)

Lautaro Martinez 3.5M (Racing Club)

Pierre Zebli 2M (Perugia)

Maxi Romero 3M (Velez)

Out

A lot of loans. (+30)

Second season.

IN

Pau Miguelez free (Racing Santander)

Iker Muniain free (Athletic)

Sead Kolasinac free (Schalke 04)

Ezequiel Barco 3M (Independiente)

Malang Sarr 5M (Nice)

Kik Pierie 750k (Heerenveen)

Mitchell van Bergen 3M (Vitesse)

Exequiel Palacios 2M (River)

Out

A lot of loans (+60)

Adam Bogdan 200k (Stoke)

Jack Dunn 20k (Burton)

Alexander Manninger retired.

Lucas Leiva 3.8M (OM)

Ragnar Klavan 2.3M (Juventus)

Andre Wisdom 3M[4.5M) (Norwich)

Coutinho has just damaged his cruciate ligaments, out for 6-7 months :( January first season, so he'll probably miss the start of next season. Top of the table after 24 games, 5 point lead, so it's not all bad. Origi is a great striker.

10 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

For everyone struggling with Coutinho, in my second season i have him on 35 appearances 20 GOALS and 11 assists,

I play him AML (ap s) i will be uploading my tactic for you all later.

I've got him playing as an IF on the left, hes got 13 in the last 13 for me. :D

this is what I have come with, based on Ö-zil to the Arsenal! and what i believe is Klopp's tactic for Liverpool

this is a very fluid, attacking tactic.

The wide forwards have player instructions to get further forward when the team have the ball, my reason for them to be on support is because i want them both to track back to help out in midfield but still get forward when the attack is on.

Both CM/S also get further forward making the attack into a front 5.

Switching to a defensive mentality during a game when they have all the possession works really well to get them on the counter with out changing any other team instructions.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 17.42.11.png

Alright lads been a while since I've been on the forums properly had a lot going on, but just picked FM17 up and gonna have a go with the mighty reds like the old days. Any of the lads still around from when i was last on here properly ?

Must say like the new layout of the forums :applause:so much easier. Anyway i will be playing on the touch version of the game, up the reds 

Has anyone had any luck shifting Mignolet and or Karius first season? I signed a GK to be my first choice on day one. Then two weeks in and Lloris became available for 32m which I couldn't turn down so now I've got him and my GK I signed. I desperately need to get rid of Mig & Karius now as they are wasting a large chunk of my wage budget between them

On 07/12/2016 at 08:31, lfc7 said:

Alright lads been a while since I've been on the forums properly had a lot going on, but just picked FM17 up and gonna have a go with the mighty reds like the old days. Any of the lads still around from when i was last on here properly ?

Must say like the new layout of the forums :applause:so much easier. Anyway i will be playing on the touch version of the game, up the reds 

Still around but you noticed it's not active like it's been in recent years judging by the number of comments in here 

36 minutes ago, glenn28 said:

Still around but you noticed it's not active like it's been in recent years judging by the number of comments in here 

Yes very suprised how inactive the whole forums are, very very quiet

1 hour ago, Legendary Manager said:

Would you sell firmino for 99m pound?

I sold Coutinho for 74m, so yes, 99m for Firmino seems like a very good deal. He's a fine players but you should be able to get an equally good replacement for that amount

wqiKsV.jpg

Going okay so far; 3 ridiculous losses including a home loss to Leicester (who you can see there right at the very bloody bottom!) are the biggest downfalls this season. Lost to Leeds aswell, so seems to be the weaker teams I struggle against.

Beating Real Madrid 3-0, and a 5-0 win against Arsenal were the definite highlights, which came after a dry spell of no goals in 300 minutes!

Got Dolberg, Sessegnon and a young Argentinian striker (Martinez) heading my way in a few weeks, which will helpfully provide me with a few more attacking options, although they were all purchased with the future in mind. 

Origi and Lincoln have been super for me so far. Lincoln, especially, has this knack of pulling something special out of the bag when you need it. Plus he is the only players I have who doesn't spoon his freekicks 30 metres over the bar. His are 25 metres, tops.

In further news, Klopp is back in the Premiership as manager of struggling Chelsea...

OK, started a new game as previous one was second after 10 games, but didn't like the football (not attacking enough) and didn't like the signings (particularly Wijnaldum who is bang average).

I've edited the squad to go back before the transfer window started, so it feels like I was given the job at the start of the Summer.

Going to go for a 4-1-2-2-1 attacking I think ☺

Right. Time for me to get a proper LFC game started up after messing about with a few local Danish clubs, and starting an Edinburgh save.

I play with no transfers in first window, for once, so there'll be no moving in/out, beside possibly a few additional loans.

Staff, however, has been MASSIVELY revamped to fit with my long-term plan of creating the ultimate academy and training facilities. Highlights being Liam Brady new HoYD, Tony Daley new Head of Sports Science, Nick Worth new Head Physio and Hans-Martin Kleitsch new Chief Scout. Also, Robbie Fowler and Danny Murphy have both been signed as coaches. Mostly because it's them.

Staff in/out overview:
uoEPve.jpg

Tactics-wise, I'll go for the tried'n'true 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1/4-1-2-3, whatever you want to call it, really.

My overview, and my best-11+second string:
NurG7R.jpg

Team Instructions:
dlRMfm.jpg

My thoughts here are the following:
First of all, when we have the ball, I want us to play a patient, probing, possession game, while still maintaining the famous British intensity/pace of the game. So not quite as patient as Barcelona.
When we do not have the ball, I want my team to push up and stress the opponents, especially the one with the ball. I want to be full-on "in your face", scaring them into bad passes.

My biggest worry from the start is whether I can pull of having a regista and two APs. I love the idea of Hendo being the regista, but I'm not sure I'll be defensively solid enough. Time will tell.

I have decided to only focus on a single tactic from the start, as to increase familiarity. My plan is to, eventually, develop a more defensive/counter tactic for the big away games.

My first game's coming up - time to see if I'm actually capable of creating a decent tactic :p

21 hours ago, Siven said:

Really quiet in here compared to last few years :(

Just downloading the game now, start soon :)

Too quiet

16 hours ago, Legendary Manager said:

Would you sell firmino for 99m pound?

Yes my mate sold Coutinho on his save for £99M to R.Madrid

11 hours ago, MrMungo said:

wqiKsV.jpg

Going okay so far; 3 ridiculous losses including a home loss to Leicester (who you can see there right at the very bloody bottom!) are the biggest downfalls this season. Lost to Leeds aswell, so seems to be the weaker teams I struggle against.

Beating Real Madrid 3-0, and a 5-0 win against Arsenal were the definite highlights, which came after a dry spell of no goals in 300 minutes!

Got Dolberg, Sessegnon and a young Argentinian striker (Martinez) heading my way in a few weeks, which will helpfully provide me with a few more attacking options, although they were all purchased with the future in mind. 

Origi and Lincoln have been super for me so far. Lincoln, especially, has this knack of pulling something special out of the bag when you need it. Plus he is the only players I have who doesn't spoon his freekicks 30 metres over the bar. His are 25 metres, tops.

In further news, Klopp is back in the Premiership as manager of struggling Chelsea...

Some good wins

1 hour ago, ThunderZtormDK said:

Right. Time for me to get a proper LFC game started up after messing about with a few local Danish clubs, and starting an Edinburgh save.

I play with no transfers in first window, for once, so there'll be no moving in/out, beside possibly a few additional loans.

Staff, however, has been MASSIVELY revamped to fit with my long-term plan of creating the ultimate academy and training facilities. Highlights being Liam Brady new HoYD, Tony Daley new Head of Sports Science, Nick Worth new Head Physio and Hans-Martin Kleitsch new Chief Scout. Also, Robbie Fowler and Danny Murphy have both been signed as coaches. Mostly because it's them.

Staff in/out overview:
uoEPve.jpg

Tactics-wise, I'll go for the tried'n'true 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1/4-1-2-3, whatever you want to call it, really.

My overview, and my best-11+second string:
NurG7R.jpg

Team Instructions:
dlRMfm.jpg

My thoughts here are the following:
First of all, when we have the ball, I want us to play a patient, probing, possession game, while still maintaining the famous British intensity/pace of the game. So not quite as patient as Barcelona.
When we do not have the ball, I want my team to push up and stress the opponents, especially the one with the ball. I want to be full-on "in your face", scaring them into bad passes.

My biggest worry from the start is whether I can pull of having a regista and two APs. I love the idea of Hendo being the regista, but I'm not sure I'll be defensively solid enough. Time will tell.

I have decided to only focus on a single tactic from the start, as to increase familiarity. My plan is to, eventually, develop a more defensive/counter tactic for the big away games.

My first game's coming up - time to see if I'm actually capable of creating a decent tactic :p

:lol: Good luck

Is it just me or is there some ridiculous goals conceded by the GK's ? also Can and Lovren both unhappy cause i wont let them join Spurs am sorry but no way that would happen. Had some shocking results so may start again once am happy with my tactic

24 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Too quiet

Yes my mate sold Coutinho on his save for £99M to R.Madrid

Some good wins

:lol: Good luck

Is it just me or is there some ridiculous goals conceded by the GK's ? also Can and Lovren both unhappy cause i wont let them join Spurs am sorry but no way that would happen. Had some shocking results so may start again once am happy with my tactic

I sold Lovren to Spurs at the start of first season.

I then bought Alli, Walker &  Dier!

Then they bought Sakho! It's like a merry-go-round.

It does seem that Spurs and Liverpool enjoy doing business together.

I have noticed it's a lot easier to sell players on this version compared to '16.

I haven't noticed any major differences between weird goals being conceeded on this version as opposed to last year's. I conceeded some absolute howlers last year.

What sort of goals were they? Keeper errors (did you play Karius?), bad luck, or stupid backpasses? Teamwork could help if it's the latter, I guess.

8 minutes ago, MrMungo said:

I have noticed it's a lot easier to sell players on this version compared to '16.

I haven't noticed any major differences between weird goals being conceeded on this version as opposed to last year's. I conceeded some absolute howlers last year.

What sort of goals were they? Keeper errors (did you play Karius?), bad luck, or stupid backpasses? Teamwork could help if it's the latter, I guess.

How much did you pay for Dier, Alli and Walker?

4 hours ago, Welshace said:

There are a few issues with the gk's for sure...which will no doubt be addressed in any upcoming updates.. hopefully successfully.

:thup:

4 hours ago, MrMungo said:

I meant spurs came in for Lovren i said no he put transfer request in same as Can that would not happen.

Goals ranging from keeper not reacting  and defender will do a back header which is way short and there is no reaction from keeper who just looks at st as he puts it into the net

3 hours ago, craigd84 said:

@MrMungo I find it ridiculously hard to sell players. I have Lallana at the top of his 156 potential and i kid you not, but i cannot even sell him for 0 with me contributing 60k of his wages... which is garbage.

That's interesting. The one thing that frustrated me about FM '16 is that it was so hard for me to dispose of players. In the end, their contract just expired, and they ended up going out on free transfers.

I think I have been able to be a lot more active on the transfer market on '17.

But maybe it's just down to luck.

Will see at the end of the season when I try and get rid of Lallana/Milner!

So, off to a pretty decent start.

My own tactic gave me all wins in the friendlies - expected, as all the other teams were minnows (Racing Santander and Catania being the biggest teams), but still. I tended to have possession and LOADS of shots. Not that many shots on target, or CCC's though, which is a bit concerning. We'll see what happens once we become properly fluid in the tactic.
In the meantime I've added a backup tactic for the teams that try to play possession 4-3-3 against me. Teams like Arsenal, City and such- It's the 4-3-1-2 Game Breaker, from the Steam Workshop. This will also be my backup in case Mane is injured or unavailable, as it has no wingers, and otherwise acts very similarly to how I intend to play.

The first league games:
Home vs Manure: 2-1, (50/50 pos, I had 18/10 shots/on target and 1 CCC) - Acceptable result. A bit low on CCCs, but can't expect much v United.
away vs Boro 2-0: (60% pos, 25/10 shots/on target and 1 CCC) - A bit more concerning that I couldn't convert my dominance into results. I did hit the woodwork 3 times though. Too soon to tell if it's bad luck or a consequence of the tactic
Away vs Port Vale: 3-1 (60% pos, 20/9 shots/on target and again just 1 CCC) - I am not happy with my lack of CCCs.
Away vs Arsenal: 7-1.  (53% pos, 18/11 shots/on target and 3 CCCs) - This was with the Game Breaker tactic, however, so not something I can use to analyze my own tactic.

Update:
Home vs Bournemouth: 4-0 (57% pos, 19/11 shots/on target, 1 CCC) - back to regular tactic. Finally Mane and Lallana decided to perform, and Hendo got his first goal too.
Away vs Leicester: 2-0 (55% pos, 11/4 shots/on target, 2 CCCs) - got helped a bit by an early red card to Huth. Other than that, we were in complete control.
Away vs Coventry: 3-0 (52% pos, 16/7 shots/on target, 1 CCC) - Another easy EFL-cup win by my reserves.
Home vs Sunderland: 3-2 (59% pos, 14/8 shots/on target, 0 CCCs) - Defoe was a constant threat to my high defensive line. Very worrying that I'm still not creating CCCs, however.
Away vs Burnley: 3-0 (57% pos, 17/9 shots/on target, 2 CCCs). Was leading 1-0, swapped to Game Breaker for the last 20 min.
Away vs Watford: 3-1 (59% pos, 17/ shots/on target, 2CCCs). Used Game Breaker for second half, as Mane was playing like a sack of potatoes.

Another update:
Home v Southampton: 1-1 (54% pos, 16/6 shots/on target, 2CCCs). It was one of those games. Soton scored in injury time on their only shot on target.
Away v Gillingham: 3-1 (56% pos, 21/6 shots/on target, 0 CCCs). Full reserve team.
Home v Hull: 4-0 (54% pos, 27/14 shots/on target, 3 CCCs).
Away v Man City: 0-0 (52% pos, 7/2 shots/on target, 0 CCCs). Not a great game, but we managed to keep them from scoring. I'm happy enough with that.
Home v Everton: 4-0 (63% pos, 23/13 shots/on target, 6 CCCs). Total domination.
Away v Spurs: 0-3 (59% pos, 13/7 shots/on target, 1 CCC). Honeymoon ended with a bang. We played well enough, but my defense couldn't stop Kane/Lamela/Eriksen.

Yet another update:
away v Chelsea (League cup): 3-0 (53% pos, 14/8 shots, 4 CCCs)
home v Palace: 4-0 (62% pos, 21/11 shots, 1 CCC)
away v Hammers: 2-2 (oh the irony. 54% pos, 22/11 shots, 3 CCCs)
home v Chelsea: 3-2 (55% pos, 20/11 shots, 5 CCCs)
away v Swansea: 1-2 (60% pos, 23/7 shots, 2 CCCs)

I'm coming in towards November/December, so I need to start formulating a plan for my transfer windows. I have decided to create the following self-imposed rules:

I cannot sign a new foreign player unless another foreign player first leaves the club. Ideally, the number of foreign players attached to Liverpool FC will become smaller in each transfer window.
Preferably sign at least one English player per window.

So, for my first transfer window, my primary targets will be:
Matthew Targett - young English left-back, perfectly capable of taking over Alberto Morenos back-up role, and in time take over completely for Milner. Ideally I'll manage to sell off Moreno at the same time.
Will Hughes - do I need to say more? I'm a bit thin in central midfield, and Hughes is an obvious choice here.

I do have a few foreigners I'd like to get my hands on, but that depends a lot on whether anyone leaves. Donnarumma, Rugani and Thiago Maia are obvious choices here.

7 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Just splashed out 36mill for Butland will replace Karius at the start of season 2

I signed Donnarumma in the 1st season and Sunderland got relegated after season 2. I jumped all over Butland and got him for 6 million to split time with Donnarumma.  I'm trying to be a modern manager and play one gk in the league and use the other in the UCL and domestic cups.  

3 hours ago, jakem016 said:

I signed Donnarumma in the 1st season and Sunderland got relegated after season 2. I jumped all over Butland and got him for 6 million to split time with Donnarumma.  I'm trying to be a modern manager and play one gk in the league and use the other in the UCL and domestic cups.  

Bummer I wanted a English keeper as long he performs no complaints from me 😂

12 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Trying to sell Migonlet no offers Sold Sakho,Stewart &Lucas signed J Williams.Peruzzi & Klaassen tried to sign Wistel but he got injured & failed the medical 

Don't do it, man!

Witsel does nothing but whinge, whinge, whinge!

He wants a better squad, he wants to play more matches, he doesn't want to train so hard, he doesn't like the accents, blah blah blah!

Archived