FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, TheDefensiveOne said:

What are your transfer policies for hard brexit? Hoover up all british regens asap? I'm guessing city, utd et al, just go out and buy international players, and pick up brits?

I had been slowly preparing for hard brexit by buying a lot of British talents. However, I ended up getting soft brexit, so now I'm only focusing on getting CHG/HG players in general.

Got a very strange message last night saying that my affiliation with Leeds (who I send 2-3 players on loan to each season) had to be broken as both clubs thought it was pointless as Liverpool are strongly tipped for relegation this season.

My media prediction is first and I've won titles on the bounce for a number of years. Will post screenie when I'm home. 

1 hour ago, Plastic_Road said:

This was in my inbox.  

Rather strange as it is referring to me, and my nationality is England and my native tongue is English, so I'm bloody glad that I did pass the course :applause:

funnyme.png

This is a known bug :)

How is everybody doing. Just finished my first season, managed to come fourth with a last day win over man city. Have bought Harry Kane start of second season and he has been on fire with 10 goals in 5 games. Who has everyones best signing for Liverpool been??

2 hours ago, Phil23 said:

How is everybody doing. Just finished my first season, managed to come fourth with a last day win over man city. Have bought Harry Kane start of second season and he has been on fire with 10 goals in 5 games. Who has everyones best signing for Liverpool been??

Not too bad, start of 3rd season P11 W6 D5 L0, can't believe I've drawn so many to be honest.  My 3 Silva's are doing well Andre/Bernardo and Rafa, and Coutinho is playing very well but Firminho is garbage.  Wilshere who I got a freebie is doing well too, got a couple of youngsters, Ojo/Woodburn and Trent doing well, but unfortunately Gomez is injured for the season :-( other than that been a pretty good start to the season all in all.

12 hours ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Got a very strange message last night saying that my affiliation with Leeds (who I send 2-3 players on loan to each season) had to be broken as both clubs thought it was pointless as Liverpool are strongly tipped for relegation this season.

My media prediction is first and I've won titles on the bounce for a number of years. Will post screenie when I'm home. 

I had the same when Accrington got promoted to Championship - seems to be a bug.

sold markovic to PSG  for 45m. Jan second season, he only made 6 starts for me but was not so bad.  I was going to give him a chance but he PSG came in - hope I did the right thing but 45m is a lot for markovic I thought.

On 18/01/2017 at 02:05, gmulv said:

sold markovic to PSG  for 45m. Jan second season, he only made 6 starts for me but was not so bad.  I was going to give him a chance but he PSG came in - hope I did the right thing but 45m is a lot for markovic I thought.

That's a really good sale I think, quite a lot for him - though my view may be skewed by the fact that I normally immediately sell him before 2nd season starts for around £20m!

2 hours ago, A Double K said:

That's a really good sale I think, quite a lot for him - though my view may be skewed by the fact that I normally immediately sell him before 2nd season starts for around £20m!

I thought the same.  When I did play him he did perform quite well, but I thought with Mane and now Lincoln ahead of him was probably best to cash in on him.  Stats aren't that great .  But I'll keep an eye on him.  I very much doubt he will be a regular starter for PSG looking at their squad so I'm sure he will be unhappy and wanting to leave in the future!!

On 1/17/2017 at 19:27, Plastic_Road said:

Coutinho is playing very well but Firminho is garbage. 

I've never managed to get Firmino playing well, and I usually sell him within one season. He's actually so consistently God-awful that any time I have a player having a bad season I call it "having a Bobby" (and Bobby always has a Bobby for me, sadly).

Hopefully after the way he's playing IRL he'll get a boost in some mental attributes in the upcoming update, or for FM18.

5 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

I've never managed to get Firmino playing well, and I usually sell him within one season. He's actually so consistently God-awful that any time I have a player having a bad season I call it "having a Bobby" (and Bobby always has a Bobby for me, sadly).

Hopefully after the way he's playing IRL he'll get a boost in some mental attributes in the upcoming update, or for FM18.

I've still got him, he'll play well for one or two games, so I stick with him then he'll have a run of 5 or 6 where he is just plain pants!  

When you leave him out for a bit he gets the ump.  Can be a useful backup but that's all.

It is quite annoying as he plays really well in IRL but I have noticed that he doesn't play quite as well when Countiho isn't playing!

1 hour ago, nfornirvana said:

Goodbye Coutinho :( 

20170121022312_1.jpg

hehe I turned down 107m from PSG for him last window, now madrid are after him.  I've decided I'm just not going to sell him, he now holds the Liverpool for most goals, assists and MoM in a season!!!! from inside forward!!!

Firminho on the other hand......get a good bid for him and he has gone, he has lost his place to Lemar of late

So I'm 2/3s through my first season. I didn't sign anyone and stripped back the first team squad to only 17 players before the start. So have been horrible in the cups, although still in the FA by the skin of my teeth. We're top of the league on goal difference with 12 to go though, wish me luck lads. 

Also, all this chat of Coutinho. I play him CM as advanced play maker. He seems to get more out of the other players bit isn't outstanding there himself. Might put Lallana there and try Coutinho as an IF for a couple of games?

9 hours ago, gmulv said:

oh wow, Moreno wants 230k per week for his new deal and wont budge.  He is out of contract in a year.  I don't think he is worth that so is about to be shown the door.....

watch him accept a deal for half that at a new club

34 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

watch him accept a deal for half that at a new club

I know - I'm waiting for that to happen, Really annoyed as he is one of my best performers even though his stats aren't world beating.  I do have Tierny as well though and he is developing well and should easily surpass Moreno.

I'm tempted to give him his contract, but just had to renew most of the 1st team contracts so my wage bill almost doubled overnight renewing all these contracts.  No issue paying the others as I felt their demands were reasonable and they were willing to negotiate too....

Does anyone find Can difficult to deal with?

I just gave him a nice new contract as he is fantastic for me.  2 month later he is back saying he is a much better player and demanding another new contract.  Naturally I told him where to go but still I find this a bit odd??

well, Bayern just met Can's 80m release clause so off he went.....

Now Coutinho wants to leave as he just wants to win silverwear...... He has won every possible trophy at Liverpool now so I'm not sure how much more he wants?? We won 3 cups last year including the champions league

Finally finished my first season as have tried to go a bit more in depth with tactics than I usually do, paid off as I won the league by 19 points with my attempt at a 4-3-3 Gegenpress formation. Lots of adjusting and tweaking depending on the opposition but only two defeats, one of which was playing a weakened team in the last game of the season and conceding a ridiculous late goal courtesy of Karius forgetting he was allowed to take one step forward and clear the ball instead of waiting for Berahino to run in from 10 yards away and finish into an empty net!

End of Season

20170125173234_1_zps7rsqdxfj.jpg

Competitions

20170125173352_1_zpsir4jbnxd.jpg

Transfers

20170125173312_1_zpsrjs5jkeo.jpg

Tactics

20170125173926_1_zpseh8ra68e.jpg

Base Instructions

20170125173934_1_zpsh7e29ber.jpg

Coutinho was excellent after a very poor start, scoring 23 goals from an AML inside forward position, Firmino got 18 goals and 8 assists as a false 9, Luan got 11 goals and 10 assists from AMR inside forward and Milner 10 goals and 9 assists from midfield.

De Vrij and Luan were my only two big signings, De Vrij only because Lovren sulked his way to China, with most of my cash being spent on youth. Alex Grimaldo coming next season though for a hefty £30 million and I'm hoping to sign Xabi Alonso on a free and bring in Berahino also on a free.

Ajer is Can's replacement - got him for 7.5m - looks to have great potential will probably be better than Can who I sold for 80m.  On another plus note Grujic is developing at an alarming rate and is at least as good as Can was now.

I was gutted to lose Can, but suddenly wth the developing players and only outlay of 7.5m, the future is looking good again.

5 hours ago, cragswfc said:

Guys i need help how to get firmino playing good, how do your play him and tell me your player instructions 

I play him in the AMC role as a shadow striker just behind Dybala or Origi.  He does blow a bit hot and cold but I think most people find this issue with him.  For me he is either brilliant or just doesn't turn up.  Lemar has surpassed him in my team now as he is much more consistent.

I'm at the point I'd conisder selling him for the right offer but as I said, when he is on form he can be a match winner....

12 hours ago, cragswfc said:

Guys i need help how to get firmino playing good, how do your play him and tell me your player instructions 

I play him as a AM-A behind a CF-S or a AM-S behind a CF-A/DLF-A in a 4-4-1-1 and he has been immense.  I'm in 2020 and so far this season he has 12 goals and 9 assists in 25 games (14 starts).  He missed the first 3 months of the season and is averagine .74 goals/90 mins and .55 assists/90 mins.

I pulled THE BEST youth player i have ever seen Bernhard Peters is the man!! lol.

5 star potential the annoying thing though is that he is a striker, im in dire need of cb's however with the stats this lad came out with i was pleased.

dribbling 15

finishing 12

first touch 12

passing 11

most mentals 13 and above physicals quite decent.

Gave him a cup debut and he didnt score but in his first full debut at Anfield against Everton he scored in a thumping 8-0 win. 

Update on this season,

P38 W37 D1 L0 this has never happened to me before on any CM/FM and im sooo pleased. I also won all the cups including CL. Mauro Icardi scored 44 league goals.

My biggest gripe with this save is... Icardi despite all his goals and assists ( he had the most this season) he still wasnt fans player of the year, also last year he scored 63 and set up i think 12 and didnt win the Ballon'dor, Messi won it scoring a massive 22 in 45 and only assisting with 8... madness really!

SO  glad I bought Dybala.  first match of the season was against Man Utd.  He only goes and scores 4 very good goals in a 5-2 demolition.  My 2 conceded were both silly defensive errors.  The season ahead looks good and hopefully Coutinho will win the silverwear he has demanded to win to stay at Anfield (despite the fact we have already won everything there is to win!!).

Happy win my attack, now just need to work on the defence.

wow just sold Ojo for 24m (with a buy back).  He is not bad, but not developing quite as well as I liked and is currently 3rd choice so not getting games.  Decided to cash in on him.  If he does develop at least I can buy him back :)

Archived