FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

I bought Dybala, cost me about £140 million in total with add ons, installments etc.  He got injured for 6 weeks 2 minutes into the Community Shield. :(

I did want Kane, and had a similar deal agreed with Spurs for him (and he wanted less wages than Dybala) but his agent wanted a £21 million fee, which I could only do about half of and he exited the negotiations as soon as I restricted it to my max amount. Greedy b*stard. 

Also got Luke Shaw for £8 million which I thought was a good bargain, didn't really need him but sent Robertson out on loan. 

As well as Van Dijk for about £45 million in total, around £20 million up front, he'd been listed all year. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started my second season on the beta and won all four trophies somehow in the first year and only purchased two central defenders, won the league on the last day of the season and got battered by Spurs in champions league but managed to knick it.

I sold Mane for £98M because I wasn't playing wingers but in second season have gone to a 4-2-3-1 formation and so far have won all four league games and drew with RBL in champions league but I have done quite a bit of business in the transfer market mainly signing youngsters but I have promoted Wilson to the first team as Salah is unhappy and Woodburn was brilliant last year and has started well although he is only a sub as I have Belotti who I basically got for just less than I sold Sturridge for.

Looking fairly solid at the back but need to tighten a bit and I spent £188M in the market and recouped £160M so still have over £100M left to spend but does not seem worth it although Mignolet has not started second season well after a great first season, so might be a change there.

You will notice Clyne was sold because Man City offered £37M and TAA was playing well and I have a guy from Poland called Gumny who is an excellent prospect as well as another one from my first youth intake.

image.thumb.png.0fd1eb4734e207600336e825fcb9cebf.png

2 minutes ago, badger100 said:

Not at the moment as I have just as good options but it is early days in season two and I only play two central midfielders so uts a bit of a squeeze getting him in but you feel like you have to play him because of his price tag.

by any chance do you have a screen shot of him.  How is Henderson looking in this version?  - I really want to play him being captain etc, etc and english, but I find I have better options, and with Keita coming.....

On 9/30/2017 at 22:13, MoxeysTheName said:

I've got a powerhouse midfield trio of Henderson, Milosevic Savo and Grujic...With Alena, Demirbay and Wijnhaldum as back up. Milosevic Savo also moonlights as a 20 plus goals a season target man

He is retired, and 44 LOL. Surely this is a wrong name?!

Just now, craigd84 said:

He is retired, and 44 LOL. Surely this is a wrong name?!

It's due to my bad eyesight, actually meant the guy from Lazio. I did actually think that was his name till I saw it spelt correctly on here but by then I couldn't be bothered to change it, same with the goalkeeper whose name I also spelt incorrectly but nobody seems to mind him being called Mingelot

3 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

HAHA i thought that is who you where on about but was like "nah Milenko Savic is a CM" 

I call Mingolet MONGolet... especially when he makes me angry!

He does a fantastic job as a target man when I play 4-3-1-2 with him and Moussa Dembele as my two

18 minutes ago, BoobyBlah said:

July start of season 2 and I've got 400m to spend and about 1m in wage budget. Not sure how it's happened, but I only need to buy 1 CB and thats it. Maybe upgrade GK as well

wow!!

Seriously considering carrying on with this save once game is released as I have got a good team who are playing well and the youngsters coming through look very good.

I struggled to enjoy the new UI and a few other niggles to start with but 95 hours in and I am hooked again and except for dnamics and unreasonable player requests, silly crossing mistakes in match engine and the new scouting page I like this version and the more I play the more I immerse myself again as I usually get bored pretty quickly.

Yeah my original budget was 303m then I sold a couple players (Can, Lallana, Ox, Wij, Matip the main ones). Its at 430 now, but I'm going to go crazy buying youth prospects so it should decrease soon.

It was weird coz near the end of last season, the predicted budget thing you get was like 120m which I was happy with, then they revised it to 300. Not sure why.

On 11/6/2017 at 22:07, badger100 said:

Comes out of the budget and nothing you can do about it.

Didn't seem to come out of the budget for me as far as I can remember, maybe they already adjusted for it but I had £121 million before he signed and still had that after. 

Archived