FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

Budget? Lemina has been a great BBM for me. What's your budget for a striker? If you can afford Dybala, sign him. He's scored 98 league goals in 83 for me. Just signed Luciano Vietto as well, he's got off to a good start.

Marko Grujic is a good BBM midfielder as well.

Marko Grujic_ Overview Attributes.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Moelyn5 said:

For next year I'm after a BBM and a top class striker. Any recommendations?

For immediate impact or the future? For the future, I'd look at Federico Valverde and Atakan Akkaynak for the BBM. Not sure how easy any of them are to get though.

1 hour ago, dan99 said:

Budget? Lemina has been a great BBM for me. What's your budget for a striker? If you can afford Dybala, sign him. He's scored 98 league goals in 83 for me. Just signed Luciano Vietto as well, he's got off to a good start.

Marko Grujic is a good BBM midfielder as well.

Marko Grujic_ Overview Attributes.png

60m available to spend but should be able to raise at least 50 through sales.

Seen some on here quoting stupid fees for Dybala though- how much did you sign him for.. 

Thought about Icardi, but he went to Arsenal in Jan.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tullekunstner said:

For immediate impact or the future? For the future, I'd look at Federico Valverde and Atakan Akkaynak for the BBM. Not sure how easy any of them are to get though.

1 hour ago, Tullekunstner said:

Thanks for this. Will have a look.

2 hours ago, Moelyn5 said:

Currently in my 2nd season and 2nd in the league.

For next year I'm after a BBM and a top class striker. Any recommendations?

I got Witsel in on a free and he's been absolute class for me as a BBM with Lallana as CM-a and Emre as DLP-s in my midfield. As for a striker I got Vietto in for something like £14.5m and he's hit 25 goals in all competitions so far this season. 

Comfortably sitting 1st 9 points clear with a game in hand with just 8 games to go, however my team, who have the best attacking record in the league have suddenly decided to make ridiculous decisions e.g.; shoot from 30 yards when there is a simply 5 yard pass available on one side and players bombing into space around them. My players have also seemed to forget that they are actually allowed to aim for the goal.

On April 27, 2017 at 03:49, ChrisBones1990 said:

lallana wants 250k to resign end of first season and eric dier wants 300k a week to sign thats ridiculous 

The way I avoid this problem is by resigning everyone I intend on keeping at the start of the first season/start of the save. They usually ask for a small increase. Later, when they or their agent wants a new contract or bigger salary, I simply say that they have plenty of time on their current deal. They always understand and we move on.

In my 3rd season, my highest earners are Coutinho, Firmino and Mane - each at 200k euro a week until 2023.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:13, eastley said:

Grujic becomes as good if not better than Henderson, so keep him peeps, use him!

he becomes the Beast!! i rotate him and emre as CM roaming PM and it suits both perfectly

On 01/05/2017 at 11:13, eastley said:

Grujic becomes as good if not better than Henderson, so keep him peeps, use him!

8 hours ago, Staf9 said:

he becomes the Beast!! i rotate him and emre as CM roaming PM and it suits both perfectly

I unfortunately had to sell him, couldn't get a work permit for his new contract :(

Was either that or let hium go for free. I was really annoyed as Markovic got a work permit no problem!

Has Anyone had any problems failing FFP for wages in the BPL But the FFP is fine for the continental competitions.

If So whats the punishment and is there an easy solution to avoid it. I Havnt gone overboard with signings only signed Dele and Dier from spurs. But have given biggish contracts to coutinho firmino and lallana resigning them.

22 hours ago, dan99 said:

Just won my 3rd Champions League out of a possible 3. Beat Bayern for the second year in a row. And look at where I won it :D

FC Bayern v Liverpool_ Overview Overview.png

Love it,  can't beat winning the Champions League in United's own back yard :D

590b92f37e232_LFC2-0ARS.thumb.png.84561c48f5b5aa0c3a8424032a416c1e.png

11 hours ago, ChrisBones1990 said:

Has Anyone had any problems failing FFP for wages in the BPL But the FFP is fine for the continental competitions.

If So whats the punishment and is there an easy solution to avoid it. I Havnt gone overboard with signings only signed Dele and Dier from spurs. But have given biggish contracts to coutinho firmino and lallana resigning them.

Every year the board states I'm failing Premier League FFP by spending too much on wages, yet by the end of every year I pass FFP. Start of my 5th season and it's the first time I'm projected to pass both domestic and European FFP haha

Got Hard Brexit, started again as it wrecks the game.

Players like Grujic, and few others no longer got work permits, could not sell them at all either so I had like 5-6 players sitting in my club wasting wages.

9 hours ago, Nazdroid said:

I managed to re-sign Gerrard!!! (I'm playing the original database) start of 2nd season and he's came back as a player/coach. So happy!!!!

It's first thing i do now on my saves, bring Gerrard back he's currently my under 18s manager. :)

Won the league in season 2 with 3 or 4 games to spare. Then played a very changed side against Burnley and won 4-1 with a hat-trick for Woodburn(I think that's the first hat-trick any of my players have scored in this save)

I have an FA Cup final against Man City and a Europa League final with AC Milan still to look forward to as we look to add some extra silverware to the league title.

Looking at a big money move for Dele Alli once th transfer window opens and will be looking offloading a few players who haven't made the grade. I'll also be looking at a new left back to provide cover/competition for Moreno.

On 5/8/2017 at 16:43, Plastic_Road said:

Not seen this before, I have seen absent from training but not because a player has been out on the **** :lol:

awol.jpg

LOL, that's great! Love little details like this that really immerse you into the game. Hope you fined his ass :lol:

1 hour ago, vpn75 said:

LOL, that's great! Love little details like this that really immerse you into the game. Hope you fined his ass :lol:

I did, he complained like hell, so I sacked him :-) 

Wasn't a very good player hopefully he will now know the error of his ways 

Season 2019/20 and it's neck and neck with me and Man Utd for the league. We are currently leading by 3 points in the middle of March, but it's been back and forth all season.

Just knocked out Monaco in the first knockout round of the UCL.

Asensio is a young God.  Ze Gomes and Felipe Anderson both came in this season and are insane. I'd recommend all 3 very highly

End season 1 (finished 3rd), only signing was Donnaruma I was happy with that.  Just sold Mane to Madrid for 70m - I hopefully got the better end of that deal!! 

In my second save with Liverpool I won the title In my first season with a very strange formation. I NEVER change from my tried and tested 4-5-1 In any of my saves only usually adapting my team instructions but the formation below worked absolute wonders. At the start of the game Liverpool have so many cm/cam and no wingers other then Mane and Ojo, so my plan was to simply go with this try to get top 4 then bring the wingers In the following season and go back to 4-5-1.

591c257264f69_Screenshot2017-05-1711_24_59.thumb.png.82f8bc3652275d36b0fbe004ae6d3ef1.png

As expected I never conceaded many and with two of my cm playing as advanced playmakers and my cam also playing as an advanced playmaker there were goals In the team,Mane as good as I knew he was played about 5 games all season then I sold him. I had a blip around xmas and was still planning to go back to my 4-5-1 come the end of the season however Firmino with Coutinho just behind and the brilliant Clyne and Moreno and at wing backs things took of In the second half of the season, had so many clean sheets too. Camacho and Milinkovic-Savic were two very big signings for me too they were outstanding.

591c28d9810f2_Screenshot2017-05-1711_40_28.thumb.png.f18f50a169d6da2f6b03309de55c14b0.png591c28ac90ec2_Screenshot2017-05-1711_40_06.thumb.png.4b7f5667342e166c455e6ea21076eeed.png

I saw on here how bad Coutinho was on most peoples saves but he was excellent for me In this role 85m from PSG though he had to go so I could get Alli, hoping Correa can step up In CAM now. My transfers for both seasons are above, had a massive overhaul In the summer but kept my formation. I need a new GK for the good but not exceptional Karius and maybe shouldn't have let Lovren go but I'm happy with things. One of the big problems I have found at the start of the game is the lack of home grown talent for future European competetion so I planned In advance, bought a lot of youngsters, Alexander-Arnold went straight Into the first team an was very good put Gomez out on loan and now he's one seaons away from home-grown, Woodburn is my third striker now who's stats have grown rapidly so I'm covered there.

591c2c7d28aaf_Screenshot2017-05-1711_56_29.thumb.png.0423780404dc72d457c13c1f25731ab5.png591c2c9f1bf94_Screenshot2017-05-1711_54_45.thumb.png.e31c2b44150e7ae787cada4312098b9e.png

18 games In this season had so many injuries which have affected me find myself in third place 10 points behind an outstanding Man Utd who have only dropped 5 points. Just squeezed through my CL group I'm debating going back to 4-5-1 again next season as I do struggle to score goals at times, I really should have kept Mane.

I have a few questions, how good does Woodburn really become? Will he ever develop to play up top on his own. Has anyone bought Vietto? I really like the look of him and could be looking for a ST. Should I go back to 4-5-1. I need top quality left wing back to replace either Amavi or Moreno as very good as they are and with Sessengnon not ready just yet. Oh and a keeper for the end of the season.

Screenshot 2017-05-17 11.54.55.png

10 hours ago, gmulv said:

End season 1 (finished 3rd), only signing was Donnaruma I was happy with that.  Just sold Mane to Madrid for 70m - I hopefully got the better end of that deal!! 

Wow I sold him for 10m to he same club, to be fair he didn't fit Into to my formation of no wingers played like 5 games In a whole season and I wanted him off my wage bill but still 70m!!!!.

13 hours ago, Kingkestrel said:

I have a few questions, how good does Woodburn really become? Will he ever develop to play up top on his own.

See my post just above yours to see how good he can get. He plays IF on the left for me, but I've been very impressed.

Has anyone found that this time trying to get into the top 4 is a lot more difficult?  I'm struggling to break the dominance of Man City, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal.  They all seem to have unlimited spending power and are dropping insane amounts on some very good players!!!

Not complaining I actually prefer this as is more of a challenge!!

Guys, I just started a Liverpool save. From your posts I guess I have to plan for hard Brexit in the future. Can anyone please tell if home-grown (club/nation) foreign players will get work permits? Or must they be British?

6 hours ago, yonko said:

@eastley That's a proper domination/destruction of opponents. How are you set up?

Just a 4-2-3-1, DL's as Wing Backs on support, both Central Defenders as there preferred role but in support mode.  A DLP and BBM, IF each side of the AP-S in the AM position and a CF..

Nothing special.

Impressive......

I'm finally beginning to build a nice team....I have changed my setup now to a back 3 with wingbacks and so far so good.

GK - Donnarumma

CB - Sakho, Laporte, Giminez

WB - clyne, Moreno

CM - Can, Henderson

AM - Coutinho, Firminho

ST - Dybala

that is my starting 11 1st choice and they are starting to wreak havoc now - 4-0 decimation of Barca is testement to that.....lets see if it lasts 

2 hours ago, gmulv said:

Impressive......

I'm finally beginning to build a nice team....I have changed my setup now to a back 3 with wingbacks and so far so good.

GK - Donnarumma

CB - Sakho, Laporte, Giminez

WB - clyne, Moreno

CM - Can, Henderson

AM - Coutinho, Firminho

ST - Dybala

that is my starting 11 1st choice and they are starting to wreak havoc now - 4-0 decimation of Barca is testement to that.....lets see if it lasts 

Where is Origi? He is as good as Dybala if not better. Grujic, Woodburn, Ojo and Trent still in your team I hope? Even Wisdom is pretty good in my game.

2 hours ago, eastley said:

Where is Origi? He is as good as Dybala if not better. Grujic, Woodburn, Ojo and Trent still in your team I hope? Even Wisdom is pretty good in my game.

yep still have all the above, origi and dybala tend to rotate but I find dybala just that bit better.  Grujic rotates with Can, Ojo is still developing and Trent is on the verge of ousting clyne as 1st choice.....

Wisdom was sold as I was offered 15m for him - I did insert a buyback clause though as I was not sure about him leaving.

Origi is trying to engineer a move to Bayern and I have already rejected an 80m offer for his as I agree with you he performs only a whisker under dybala.  Thing is Dybala regularly bangs in 70 goals a season and woodburn is really starting to develop well.  Soon I will have 3 world class strikers and i'm not sure if I can keep them all happy.  So if Origi is set on a move to Bayern and they offer me enough........

On May 25, 2017 at 17:30, eastley said:

Just a 4-2-3-1, DL's as Wing Backs on support, both Central Defenders as there preferred role but in support mode.  A DLP and BBM, IF each side of the AP-S in the AM position and a CF..

Nothing special.

"both Central Defenders as there preferred role but in support mode"

What do you mean by that?

Can you post a screnie of your first team? Instructions?

This is my first team and stuff..

Defenders are BPD-D, sorry I got that wrong, I thought they were on support, they are on Defend Duty. Depending on who is my main defender, I may change that to CD-D or what ever.

newteam_28-5.JPG

instructions_28-5.JPG

I'm in my 5th season and Mignolet has said he wants a new challenge, so I need a new "backup" keeper.  I have a regen in goal at the moment who is very good, even at the age of 19.

Any suggestions to a decent backup?

8 hours ago, eastley said:

This is my first team and stuff..

Defenders are BPD-D, sorry I got that wrong, I thought they were on support, they are on Defend Duty. Depending on who is my main defender, I may change that to CD-D or what ever.

newteam_28-5.JPG

instructions_28-5.JPG

Interesting....

You play Structured and the ST is on Attack duty. Are most of your goals scored from crosses?

Which season is that, btw?

On 3/12/2017 at 03:25, Guerrier_ said:

Anyone else want to share their achievments with Liverpool in their FM saves?

My first Season:

EFL Cup: Lost 2-1 in the 3rd round, to Man United :mad:

FA Cup: Lost in the final to Watford, 3-2

Premier League: Winners, by 1 point over Man United! Liverpool are on their way to the Champions League once more!!

58c4bbbfd6db3_Season1prem.thumb.png.4d52b5b8851d88c329bd7c760b0cb665.png

Season 2:

Community Shield: Winners! Liverpool 6-1 Watford, revenge is sweet..

EFL Cup: Winners, only managed a 2-1 win against Brighton

FA Cup: Lost in a replay to Crystal Palace in the 5th round

Premier League: 2nd. Unfortunately Arsenal took an early lead in the league, couldn't catch them

Champions League: Back where we belong, on the world european stage! What could we do?

58c4bd8b68297_Season2prem.thumb.png.5cc266f049ec5f762590cafd31d89a2e.png

So, our Champions League run...no defeats, only 1 draw, 36 goals scored, and a notable 4-0 victory over Atletico Madrid! And yea, we won the thing :D I was in actual shock by the end of the game haha

58c4bd68a5f69_ChampLeaguerun.thumb.png.baab34abd04b948c4d781b88a2477f5d.png

58c4bdb4d585e_RM0-5LFC.thumb.png.91454dbb559285d0651e96b1307fe514.png

I was expecting to get beat, it is Real Madrid after all, Henderson was injured for the final, and had to play Grujic alongside Can. However our guys pulled it out of the bag! Grujic scored 2 goals as well!! Definitely one of my proudest achievements on FM.

Season 3: Currently at the end of September, unbeaten in all comps, and if you hadn't noticed, I managed to snag the France managers position, currently 2 wins from 2 :)

Would you mind sharing player roles, team instructions etc? 

Really struggling to perform with Liverpool this year

1 hour ago, yonko said:

Interesting....

You play Structured and the ST is on Attack duty. Are most of your goals scored from crosses?

Which season is that, btw?

Second season.

And yes a lot of my goals are from crosses. Should I not be structured? Should I be something else?

Archived