The All New FMCU Quiz! (And Scandinavian Music Thread)

deltablue

So the scores on the doors

Deisler26 - 8

DB08 - 1

simbion - 4

dllu - 7

Nobby McDonald - 2

cplpeters1900 - 7

swooperproop - 4 (1)

Maaka - 8

Jimbokav1971 - 3

Koetzer - 4

deltablue - 5

LeedsUnitedFan2 - 1

dafuge - 1

Maw74 - 3

Wavelberry - 2

I gave swooperpoop the bonus for Neville Longbottom as Prime Minister :)

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scoreboard

Swooperproop: 51

Maaka: 46

Pompeyboyz: 45

Deisler: 45

Dllu: 41

Maw74: 33

cplpeters1900: 30

Deltablue: 28

Raware: 23

Nobby: 23

Dafuge: 21

LeedsUnitedFan2: 21

EvilDave: 17

Wavelberry: 15

DB08: 14

Jimbokav1971: 14

simbion: 9

Noikeee: 7

Rithas: 5

Koetzer: 4

1. Who was the top goal scorer at the 1998 FIFA World Cup hosted by France?

2. Which artist created the composition known as 'The Scream'?

3. Ouagadougou is a city in which country?

4. Next month India host the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 tournament. Which nation won the 2014 tournament?

5. y is inversely proportional to the cube of x. If y = 4 when x = 3, what does y equal when x = 2?

6. What was the name of Roni Size/Reprazent's 1997 Mercury Music Prize winning album?

7. In November 2015, Ronda Rousey suffered the first defeat of her MMA career at the hands of Holly Holm. In which city did this take place?

8. 'The force needed to extend or compress a spring by some distance is proportional to that distance' is a description of a law named after which physicist?

9. Which actor played Bond in 'The Living Daylights'?

10. These are the attributes of a well known player from a newly started game of FM16. Who is it?

4. Next month India host the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 tournament. Which nation won the 2014 tournament?

5. y is inversely proportional to the cube of x. If y = 4 when x = 3, what does y equal when x = 2?

6. What was the name of Roni Size/Reprazent's 1997 Mercury Music Prize winning album?

7. In November 2015, Ronda Rousey suffered the first defeat of her MMA career at the hands of Holly Holm. In which city did this take place?

8. 'The force needed to extend or compress a spring by some distance is proportional to that distance' is a description of a law named after which physicist?

10. These are the attributes of a well known player from a newly started game of FM16. Who is it?

Some easy some hard questions in there...I am only looking for a 5 I think this week

1. 50/50 for me.

2. That is not art!

3. I think I know what part of the World, but that's about it.

4. Yes, I know this.

5. I had a damn good go at this, but not convinced I remember how it works correctly.

6. Not a clue.

7. Again, I know what part of the World, but not precisely.

8. No, I don't know this so have guessed with a famous Physicist.

9. I know this.

10. I'm at an enormous disadvantage here because I never player with big clubs, but I have at least worked out what type of player it is and had a guess.

1. I think I got this right despite being born a few months after the tournament.

2. Had no idea.

3. Got the region right, country wrong.

4. I'm hopeful. Unfortunately I stopped following cricket 5-6 years back.

5. My maths exam is tomorrow. :D

6. Never heard of it.

7. No news of MMA in my country.

8. Pysics exam next Monday. Preparation clearly lacking because I'm sure it was in the Elasticity chapter.

9. Didn't watch it but had a good guess.

10. Same as Jimbokav.

Ah! My previous comments about Anglocentric questions notwithstanding, I'm one of the 10 people outside the Commonwealth who think cricket is an interesting sport, so this one I am actually sure I got right... :D

1. I know this :)

2. My baby last night. Couldn't calm her down. :(

3. I know this :)

4. Had a stab at this as 95% of the world is crap at cricket. Even England look good in this sport.

5. Can somebody please translate.

6. Never heard of them.

7. I've heard of Micky Mousey

8. Slinky

9. I know this :)

10. It's not a Manchester United player, he's far too good.

Answer: Davor Šuker

Everyone got this correct, even someone who wasn't born!

Answer: Edvard Munch

10/13 for this one.

Answer: Burkina Faso

9/13 got it. Three others were close, the other one not so much.

Answer: Sri Lanka

7/13, with lots of sensible guesses.

Answer: 13.5

4/13. If anyone's interested, y = k/x^3 so 4 = k/3^3 meaning k = 108. y = 108/2^3 so y = 13.5

Answer: New Forms

Just one person got this, Diesler26. A bit obscure maybe, but I'm glad at least someone had heard of it.

Answer: Melbourne

5/13, a few went for the wrong Australian city and a few others gave a good guess of Las Vegas (where the UFC usually hold their big events).

Answer: Robert Hooke

4/13. A lot went for Newton, I guess it does sound a little bit like one of Newton's laws. dllu got the bonus point here for Slinky J. Slinkerton.

Answer: Timothy Dalton

12/13 got it.

Answer: Mesut Özil

3/13, which surprised me a bit. Jimbokav1971's answer was brilliant, gave his complete thought process then nailed it at the end.

Scores:

Pompeyboyz - 5

Maaka - 7

Koetzer - 6

Jimbokav1971 - 5

DB08 - 2

Deisler26 - 7

Maw74 - 3

dllu - 7 (+1)

cplpeters1900 - 5

swooperproop - 6

Nobby_McDonald - 4

deltablue - 6

LeedsUnitedFan2 - 5

Scoreboard:

swooperproop - 57

Maaka - 53

Deisler26 - 52

Pompeyboyz - 50

dllu - 49

Maw74 - 36

cplpeters1900 - 35

deltablue - 34

Nobby_McDonald - 27

LeedsUnitedFan2 -26

dafuge - 21

Jimbokav1971 - 19

DB08 - 16

Koetzer - 10

Answer: Davor Šuker

Everyone got this correct, even someone who wasn't born!

Of course that's me. :D I was born a few months later.

I've no idea how I came up with 4.5 for Q5. Should have multiplied by 3 maybe.

For the last one, Ozil was one of those I thought about seeing the stats but somehow decided with De Bruyne and I have no idea why.

Answer: Robert Hooke

4/13. A lot went for Newton, I guess it does sound a little bit like one of Newton's laws. dllu got the bonus point here for Slinky J. Slinkerton.

I believe my full answer was Dr. Slinky J. Slinkerton, FRS. :p

Answer: Mesut Özil

3/13, which surprised me a bit. Jimbokav1971's answer was brilliant, gave his complete thought process then nailed it at the end.

Being an Arsenal fan, I just took a complete punt at a midfielder from a club I support. But hey, my point is worth just as much as Jimbo's... :D

P.S.: Just so I can maybe prepare a bit in advance: Am I correct in thinking that my round of questions is due on March 6?

Well EvilDave's just confirmed to me that he can't do a round, and I think from this point on there'll be a rule that you still have to be still actively taking part (as in having taken part in the previous round at least) to be eligible to set questions, given it wasn't in place before I wanted to give ED a fair chance. That means Nobby should be next if he's able to. Once we have got something sorted I'll recalculate the order.

I know I wasn't close with the answer to the maths question dafuge but...... putting your teachers hat on for a second, was my thinking even close to correct and I just screwed up somewhere along the line, or was I just a maths shambles?

Your method was pretty close, you just used addition and subtraction when it should have been multiplication and division.

Here we go chaps... A mixture of straight forward, the obscure and the somewhat bizarre... and no golf in sight!

1. Where was the Football League founded? (the place, not the building)

2. Where in the human body is the coccyx?

3. Where is the coastal settlement of Monkey River Town?

4. Name all the permanent hosts of Countdown. (This does not include the 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown spin off).

5. Three parts... On my epic FM11 save...

5a - How many seasons did I spend at Newcastle Town?

5b - How many seasons did I spend in the Premier League?

5c - How many times was I relegated?

I shall award half a point for two right and the full point for all three

6. When was the Battle of Bosworth?

7. How did a man from Eyemouth beat a man from Stoke-on-Trent in 2015 and 2016?

8. What is Italian for 'thank you very much'?

9. What does OBE stand for?

10. What is the name of the blimp like vehicle in In the Night Garden...?

I had better clear my inbox...

Looks like my good run is coming crashing down. I know Bosworth and that's pretty much it, maybe one of the multi-part question, which I'm really not keen on but since there's nothing in the rules against them I'll let it pass just this once.

Really?

I'm averaging about 2 points per round and I think I might know 8 of them! wowee!

1. I'm pretty sure I know.

2. I didn't know it was spelt like that, but I know exactly where it is.

3. Guess.

4. I think I know them.

5. ***Insert rude word***

6. Yes. I know that.

7. I'm almost positive I know that.

8. I'm not 100% positive I've got it exact. It's close/similar, but I don't think I have what is written down.

9. I think I know this.

10. It's 50/50 between that and the Train carriage thingy.

1 - educated guess

2 - having a doc in the family teaches you stuff

3 - if I got this right, something's not right

4 - sayonara

5 - it's been a while, but I think I remember these ones

6 - educated guess

7 - say what?

8 - "facile"

9 - the one I'm 99,99% sure about

10 - I know which one it is, and I know which one's the train, but I hope the name is similar (or the same) as we got here in Norway, where the series' dubbed..

Fun round, althoug I won't get anything close to 10 this time either, hoping for 5..

Archived