The All New FMCU Quiz! (And Scandinavian Music Thread)

deltablue

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swooperproop needs to be one of those to make it fair on the leaders. Maaka did last week, deisler is this week and I'm next so maybe Swooperproop in the first free slot

1. Who was the first teenager in NBA history to record a 'double-double' in his first two NBA games? (Double-Double is 10+ in two of the following; Points, Steals, Assists, Rebounds) Karl Anthony Towns

2. Which country would you be stood in, if you were the absolute furthest from any coastline? China (it is almost right on the Kazakhstan border, but not 'in')

3. Name the ride that has recently reopened at Alton Towers? The Smiler

4. What does Jon Snow know?

5. Name two Marvel symbiotes? You could have Venom, Toxin, Carnage, Anti-Venom or Hybrid to name, but a few..

6. What is the state capital of Delaware? Dover

7. What was the number 1 grossing film in the US in 1986? Top Gun

8. Name me one of the producers of the 1998 track 'Music Sounds Better With You'?

was produced by one of Daft Punk, who was Thomas Bangalter. The other was legendary French producer Alain Braxe This answer scored 0%. NO-ONE got this right.

9. There is a road that is over 1,300ft below sea level on Earth. Where is it? It's Highway 90 in Israel. I won't accept The Dead Sea.

10. There is a sea with no shores. Name it. The Sargasso Sea

Winner of the answer that made me smile the most: LeedsUnitedFan2 with 'Basket McBallface'

Special mention to Raware who managed to get an answer purely by luck (He was talking about the wrong person) and then talked himself out of a right answer (He said Jordan/Israel for the road question, then plumped for Jordan)

Scores on the doors

DB08: 6

Maaka: 8

Pompeyboyz: 7

Bitner: 2

Deltablue: 4

dllu: 6

swooperproop: 4

Nobby_McDonald: 2

Jimbokav1971: 4

cplpeters1900: 6

Koetzer: 3

dafuge: 2

LeedsUnitedFan2: 3 (+1)

Raware: 5

Table!

Pompeyboyz - 83

Swooperpoop - 80

Maaka - 80

Deisler26 - 77

dllu - 75

cplpleters1900 - 55

deltablue - 51

Jimbokav1971 - 45

DB08 - 44

Raware - 40

LeedsUnitedFan2 - 38

Nobby_McDonald - 36

Maw74 - 31

Dafuge - 30

Koetzer - 28

EvilDave - 17

Wavelberry - 15

Simbion - 9

Noikeee - 7

Rithas - 5

Bitner - 2

...Special mention to Raware who managed to get an answer purely by luck (He was talking about the wrong person) and then talked himself out of a right answer (He said Jordan/Israel for the road question, then plumped for Jordan)...

Damn it! I knew it was a country around The Dead Sea...50/50 chance and went for the wrong one :mad:.

As for the answer by pure luck...The real Jon Snow is a journalist and a presenter on Channel 4 :D...I've never seen Game of Thrones so had no idea who this other Jon Snow was who you were talking about. It looks rubbish by the way :D

I'm happy with 5 though :)

Questions for this week - Enjoy

1) In Star Trek, what class of ship was the USS Voyager? -

2) What constituency was Margaret Thatcher the MP for? -

3) Which Asian player has scored the most goals in the Premier League? (for the purposes of this question, Australia and Israel are not counted as Asian) -

4) In what year did the last Japanese soldier surrender from World War 2? -

5) 2πr is the calculation for what? -

6) The Stephen King novel 'The Body' was called what as a film? -

7) Which country do The Cheeky Girls come from? -

8) Why would Ursus Maritimus not eat a Spheniscidae?

9) Aside from Earth, which is the only planet in our solar system not named after a Roman God(or Goddess)? -

10) The Anoa'i family is best known for what? -

1. I know this.

2. That's where I'm from, (almost).

3. Not sure if the bloke from the 1st Country is classed as African or Asian so picked a 100% Asian too. Not sure my answer will be accepted.

4. I know it's after a certain date so I was able to make an educated stab.

5. This is really annoying. I should know this but don't.

6. I know this.

7. I know this.

8. I think I know this, but not sure that it's the answer that is needed.

9. Seems pretty simple which makes me think I've got i wrong.

10. Not a scooby.

6 submissions so far

1 question took till the 6th person for the right answer...although I am considering a previous persons answer as well.

No questions have a 100% correct answer

Average score is 5.5

Lowest Score 3

Highest Score 8

4. What does Jon Snow know?

Scores on the doors

DB08: 6

Maaka: 8

Pompeyboyz: 7

Bitner: 2

Deltablue: 4

dllu: 6

swooperproop: 4

Nobby_McDonald: 2

Jimbokav1971: 4

cplpeters1900: 6

Koetzer: 3

dafuge: 2

LeedsUnitedFan2: 3 (+1)

Raware: 5

I got three right. You never specified which Jon Snow so my answer is also correct. :)

1) No interest in anything Trekkie.

2) I know this

3) No idea, not even a guess could come to mind

4) Don't know for sure

5) Easy innit

6) No idea

7) Ashamed to say I know this one!

8) Who and what?

9) Think I know this

10) I know this

I know four, might get a couple of others. Probably my best round yet.

6 submissions so far

Your inbox is full so my message won't send.

I probably won't be next online until Thursday night so you'll have to wait until then unless you're able to post to say you've freed space in the next few minutes.

1 - got it

2 - probably didn't get it, I know quite a bit of UK politics, but not at this level..

3 - educated guess

4 - remember this one (not "remember" as in "I was there" but as in "I've read about this" - I'm not that old)

5 - come on!

6 - good movie!

7 - no idea what this is

8 - nice twist

9 - *hums moderately*

10 - what?

banking on 6, with a little luck 7, with a lot of luck 9 or 10.

After doing some research, I see that my answer for #7 arguably could be right, as you didn't specify which answer you were looking for. I'll pick this up again when the week's up, or if you PM me, mr QM :D

After doing some research, I see that my answer for #7 arguably could be right, as you didn't specify which answer you were looking for. I'll pick this up again when the week's up, or if you PM me, mr QM :D

Hmmmmm after careful consideration....you're still wrong!!!! :brock:

Hmmmmm after careful consideration....you're still wrong!!!! :brock:

You can't hide the fact that I'm actually right, since what you actually asked for was where the group were from, not the actual members, and the group were formed where I gave my answer :herman::brock:

OK, Swooperproop, you should really do a round under the circumstances. You've still got a few weeks to think up of questions. Assuming you take the Week 18 slot (this is week 15) and I finish up that just leaves Round 19 open. I know LeedsUnitedFan2 expressed interest earlier so I just thought I'd check on that before penciling him in for that one.

11 submissions so far

No questions have a 100% correct answer but 1 has 10 right and 1 wrong.

1 question has only 4 correct answers.

Average score is 5.91

Average score per question is 6.5

Lowest Score 3

Highest Score 8 by 2 people

Quick pointer for you guys.

I am going to be out moat of Sunday and will be busy watching live Wrestlemania on the night so highly unlikely to post results that day. So the question is, do you want me to do it Saturday evening or Monday morning?

Saturday evening in Leeds is Sunday for me anyway.

I'd prefer Saturday because my school reopens on Monday for the new term (I have to reach school by 7.15 a.m.) but then I think some people won't be able to submit their answers till late on Saturday or Sunday, so, I won't complain if you post them on Monday.

Monday morning fits better with the way we've been doing it, plus I'll be back in England so I can follow everything a lot better (how on earth do you people manage to use Internet on your phones so easily! ;) ) , though it's not a big deal.

Monday morning fits better with the way we've been doing it, plus I'll be back in England so I can follow everything a lot better (how on earth do you people manage to use Internet on your phones so easily! ;) ) , though it's not a big deal.

I use this forum at the office's computer haha.

Cheers,

Bitner

Last Call for answers

I shall do the calculations at midnight......

Being the hyper organised twit that I am, I have put everything into excel for quick and efficient posting.

Archived