The All New FMCU Quiz! (And Scandinavian Music Thread)

deltablue

Sorry for b!***!n' 'bout this, but I believe the hanger in question were at the Van Nuys Airport, which is within the city limits of LA.. (I really want my point :p :p :p)

https://www.google.no/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=where+is+the+hangar+used+in+the+opening+sequence+of+Blade+Runner+located - The 5th link, Douglas Trumbull, as you can see on the google page, it says "(...) California, and inside an airplane hangar at the Van Nuys airport in the San Fernando Valley." - However, I cannot find this exact sentence when I click the link, so I cannot provide conclusive evidence, only "circumstantial" as they would say on "Columbo" or "CSI"..

Computer says no.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be a pain in the ass myself but sheppeeton studios was used for post production and model shots.

http://www.thestudiotour.com/productions.php?id=04

Doesn't specify the opening scene but as it was a model, it might have been there...which was my answer

My answer to the Blade Runner question was..... Tokyo, so as I do not have a vested interest in the answer, (well it's not Tokyo is it), then my opinion is that if it is agreed that the opening shot was actually of a model, (that's for others to decide), and if it is agreed that the model shots for the film were taken at Shepperton Studios in Middx, (I think it is), then Shepperton/Middx should be the correct answer.

The IMDb page for Blade Runner filming locations doesn't list Van Nuys Airport, it lists the Warner Brothers Burbank studios (several stages) for unspecified scenes, and it lists Shepperton studios in Shepperton, Surrey. As Burbank is a city in Los Angeles county, and since none of us can say where this scene where filmed (this particular model were not your regular "model shot", so there's no conclusive evidence that it took place in Shepperton), I think that Burbank, Los Angeles, Shepperton and Surrey (and Middlesex) should count as valid answers (or as Pompey states, the question in question should be voided.)

It's really up to the round's host, or the "lord almighty" (Delta) of this thread to decide...

But now I've been bit***n' about this for approx. 2 hrs, and since I've gotta be at work at 6:00 in the morning (CET, it's 23:00 here now), I really gotta let it go, and go to bed. I believe in y'all to find the right solution to this case :D, and look forward to the next round, which hopefully will be here sometime tomorrow. Good night, my fellow FM'ers (and especially to my fellow nit-pickers :brock:)

I reckon that we agree that the question was a poor one but it's happened now and in the grand scheme of things we should probably not quibble that much over a point or two especially as it was an honest mistake.

Else I could always take the nuclear option of voiding points of all critics like some kind of mad dictator (also why nobody is out youtubing Shaun Bartlett's goal rather than being here is beyond me).

So many people said Big Gaz and I do love him so I am going to award a point to everyone who did however one person did get the name of my true favourite of Kieran Forbes so they can have two and if you don't like that tough.

Cheers :D

(BTW, I would've had 6 if I didn't misread COUNTIES as COUNTRIES in question 8 :p)

I reckon that we agree that the question was a poor one but it's happened now and in the grand scheme of things we should probably not quibble that much over a point or two especially as it was an honest mistake.

Else I could always take the nuclear option of voiding points of all critics like some kind of mad dictator (also why nobody is out youtubing Shaun Bartlett's goal rather than being here is beyond me).

Because Charlton :D

Well you're not going to get anything this time as it's your round ;)

Updated the OP to put Nobby in his rightful place.

I wish I had realised earlier, I've been busy all weekend and don't have my questions ready yet.

I've got one busy week at work and then a week off, is there anyone who could swap weeks with me?

Questions:

1) Karelia is a region split between which 2 European nations?

2) Panzerkampfwagen VI is the official title of which German Second World War tank?

3) In Arsenal's Invicibles season, which 2 teams did they fail to beat in the league?

4) Dave Mustaine is lead singer with Megadeth. Which other top heavy metal band was he with before them?

5) Which Game of Thrones actor/actress had a brief cameo in Christian Bales first Batman Movie?

6) Michael Hickenbottom was the real name of which hugely popular WWE wrestler?

7) Who is the creative mind behind the Elite series of computer games?

8) Who was Prime Minister of Britain at the outbreak of World War 2

9) How many US Presidents have there been?

10) In the film Frozen, who sings the main song Let it Go(not the character but person)??

Apologies if these are too easy but short notice and all that.

Gentleman(ladies if there are any) start your engines.....

Nah, it's fine, I don't want to change the answer. I don't know the person who sang it, which is why I wrote the character instead.

You sure it can make all the difference ;)

Thanks for that. I should be ok to get my questions sorted for next week.

You can take my place that was booked in a few weeks to have longer to prepare if you want

I have no problem with voiding the question, but if it is still counted, I think my answer ("in a studio using miniatures") should be considered correct enough to warrant a point.

Yes, in case you hadn't guessed by now I'm a bit of a quiz nazi... ;)

Have to say this round was a bit easier (for me, at least). Two I had no clue whatsoever about, and turns out I missed by miles on both of them, not a fan of WWE, only heard of a few guys. But the rest were pretty straightforward in my book. :thup:

1. Reasonable guess.

2. 50/50.

3. I know 1, the other, not so much.

4. Meh! 1

5. Meh! 2

6. Meh! 3

7. I think I know this one, but I have a 2nd name on the top if my tongue. What's the betting I have remembered the wrong surname out of the 2?

8. I'm pretty sure I know this.

9. I know which number President Jed Bartlett would have been, so......

10. Meh! 4

Questions:

1) Karelia is a region split between which 2 European nations? - Finland and Russia

2) Panzerkampfwagen VI is the official title of which German Second World War tank? - Tiger

3) In Arsenal's Invicibles season, which 2 teams did they fail to beat in the league? - Portsmouth and Man Utd

4) Dave Mustaine is lead singer with Megadeth. Which other top heavy metal band was he with before them? Metallica (not Spice Girls Nobby or Aqua Deltablue or Monkees Wavelberry

5) Which Game of Thrones actor/actress had a brief cameo in Christian Bales first Batman Movie? Jack Gleeson(Joffrey) (Deisler I needed the actor so sorry even though you gave me the character :( and Dafuge, you picked the wrong movie)

6) Michael Hickenbottom was the real name of which hugely popular WWE wrestler? Shawn Michaels (jimbo I take it you don't like Wrestling ;) )

7) Who is the creative mind behind the Elite series of computer games? - David Braben (allowance given on spelling errors) (maaka.....I am sure Miles would love to have made it and Wavelberry Ian Bell worked on the first game but only David Braben has been consistant)

8) Who was Prime Minister of Britain at the outbreak of World War 2 - Neville Chamberlain (not Longbottom swooperpoop :D )

9) How many US Presidents have there been? - 43 (although Obama is cited as President 44, Grover Cleveland had 2 terms that were separated and count individually in that state so there are only 43 distinct POTUS)

10) In the film Frozen, who sings the main song Let it Go(not the character but person)?? Indina Menzel (spelling errors have been given allowance again but sorry simbion, I had to draw a line somewhere :( )

Archived