The All New FMCU Quiz! (And Scandinavian Music Thread)

deltablue

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just marked my answers for Round 2 and I get a whopping 2 , (that's a 100% improvement on Round 1 by the way so watch out), but my question is would I have got the chemical symbol for snow, (or a bonus point), for my answer of "H2cOld"? :lol:

So that's me up to 3 points after 2 rounds. :rolleyes:

Oh yes. You may now call me Mr Consistency as I add another single point from Round 3 to my tally. :lol:

4 points from 3 rounds. I'm on fire!

Wow that's poor! Which is saying a lot given how I'm doing. Given you're clearly not claiming more marks than you would get we should add you to the scoreboard :D

I might not have done completely terribly on this round.

1. Which 90's hockey player was known as 'The Russian Rocket'? Pavel Bure

2. In which film would you suffer a 'drive-by fruiting'? Mrs Doubtfire

3. Who performed the soundtrack to 'Tron: Legacy'? Daft Punk

4. Which city has the highest population? Tokyo

5. How many men have walked on the moon? 12

6. What soup has a calf's head as it's main ingredient? Mock Turtle Soup

7. In what US state did armed militiamen/terrorists recently take over a government building? Oregon

8. What comic book series featured the first ever appearance of the symbiote Venom? Ah, this one.. The first EVER appearance of the symbiote was in Marvel Secret Wars #8. HOWEVER, that is chronologically, the first FULL appearance was in The Amazing Spiderman #300. Since no-one got it, I will bow and accept 'Spiderman'

9. Which city is served by Pierre Trudeau International Airport? Montreal

10. In my FM16 thread, who broke the RKC record for most league goals scored? I'm shocked at how many of you don't read my thread.. ;) It was Thierry Ambrose

I had a number of 'funny' answers for the hockey question, but the best answer goes to LeedsUnitedFan2 for his 'Beef Bonce Soup' answer

So, the scores

LeedsUnitedFan2 3(+1)

dafuge 2

DB08 3

Maaka 9

Jimbokav1971 1

dllu 6

deltablue 5

Pompeyboyz 9

cplpeters1900 6

swooperproop 6

Nobby_McDonald 2

Maw74 4

Raware 6

The current overall leaderboard

Swooperproop: 27

Pompeyboyz: 25

Maaka: 21

Deisler: 18

Dllu: 18

EvilDave: 17

Maw74: 17

Dafuge: 16

LeedsUnitedFan: 16

Nobby: 15

Raware: 14

Wavelberry: 13

Deltablue: 11

DB08: 9

cplpeters1900: 9

Noikeee: 7

Rithas: 5

Round 5

1. Name 3 of the 5 clubs that I managed in my previous career thread 'It all began in the Scotish Lowlands'.

2. Which country has won the most gold medals in men's field hockey in the Summer Olympics?

3. Which American singer released the single 'Fire n Gold'?

4. How many Oscars did the film 'The Dark Knight'win?

5. Which Liverpool player made his Wales debut at the age of 16 and spent time on loan at Crewe Alexandra during the current season?

6. How many teams have won the European Cup/Champions League more than 3 times?

7. What is the chemical formula of Ozone?

8. How many FA Cup finals were played at the Millenium Stadium?

9. When did the Boston Tea Party occur? (Mentioning only the year is enough)

10. What was the name of the first 'Tom and Jerry' episode?

My answers are in but not very confident.

I'm shocked at how many of you don't read my thread.

I didn't even read the question right.

and Pavel Kozlov >>> Pavel Bure ;)

Round 5

1. Name 3 of the 5 clubs that I managed in my previous career thread 'It all began in the Scotish Lowlands'. Any 3 of Falkirk, Aberdeen, Freiburg, Shakhtar, West Ham.

Only 4 got this right. A couple of you got one right and I think I would have given you the marks if you had got 2 right.

2. Which country has won the most gold medals in men's field hockey in the Summer Olympics?India.

7 of you got this right. 4 of you guessed Australia which was close but not not close enough.

3. Which American singer sang the song 'Fire n Gold'?Bea Miller

I'm surprised that hardly anyone got this right. Only one or two. I think some of you mentioned Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.

4. How many Oscars did the film 'The Dark Knight'win? 2 - Best Sound Editing and Best Supporting Actor (Heath Ledger).

There were all sorts of guesses from 0 to 8.

5. Which Liverpool player made his Wales debut at the age of 16 and spent time on loan at Crewe Alexandra during the current season?Harry Wilson.

Probably a bit difficult but quite a few of you got it right. Some of the answers were funny - dafuge went with Billy Jones and Maw74 and LeedsUnitedFan2 went with Joe Allen (!).

6. How many teams have won the European Cup/Champions League more than 3 times?6 - Ajax (4), Barcelona, Bayen Munich, Liverpool (5 each), Milan (7) and Real Madrid (10).

I said more than 3.

7. What is the chemical formula of Ozone?O3.

This was easy but still didn't stop some hilariously bad answers. dafuge made it O2H2 (at least reverse would have got you hydrogen peroxide) and LeedsUnitedFan2 went with H4O2N14 (wtf?).

8. How many FA Cup finals were played at the Millenium Stadium?6 - 2001 to 2006.

One of the easier ones.

9. When did the Boston Tea Party occur? (Mentioning only the year is enough)16th December 1773

Many of the guesses were close but not quite the exact year. Credit to Deisler for getting the correct date as well. Nobby doesn't get anything for putting it a hundred years later (1873).

10. What was the name of the first 'Tom and Jerry' episode?'Puss Gets the Boot'.

Only swooperproop got this correct. 'Cat and Mouse' and 'Tom and Jerry' were popular guesses.

Bonus point goes to Pompeyboyz for his answer to question 9:

9. When did the Boston Tea Party occur? (Mentioning only the year is enough) sometime after the Boston Lunch Party

dafuge - 0.

Jimbokav1971 - 4.

Pompeyboyz - 4+1

Deisler26 - 6.

Maw74 - 0.

Maaka - 5.

swooperproop - 8.

LeedsUnitedFan2 - 1.

dllu - 5.

cplpeters1900 - 4.

Nobby_McDonald - 1.

deltablue - 4.

Raware - 4.

Yes a big fat 0, at least I wasn't alone.:lol:

and as for

3. Which American singer sang the song 'Fire n Gold'? Bea Miller

I'm surprised that hardly anyone got this right. Only one or two. I think some of you mentioned Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.

Really? even now I have the answer the name means nothing to me.

Archived