FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

I essentially have an all-round team of world class players, who are mostly English and from the academy or home grown at the club.

I'm pretty much just being impatient, I think.  But I'm so nitpicky with some of the players.  Like Benteke and his terrible versatility, Milner and his high wages, Sturridge and his.. well tendency to just not essentially do much because he's injured all the time.

There's also the fact that with Sinclair and Rossiter gone, I have absolutely noone to really concentrate from the youth system.

Just too much stuff really, haha.  Maybe I should just wait until FM 2017 to be released.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried my hardest to get a release clause out of Ousmane Dembele's contract, could not do it, I already re-contracted him twice in a year to raise that release claus.

Could only get it to 56mil, but he is like god on the right wing for me and now real Madrid have bidded his release.

Now to try find someone as good!!

Won 3rd EPL in a row, with 6 games left, still got Champions League to play out, so will be resting a lot of players and throwing a few games. I have not lost an EPL game in 78 matches!! Would of not been so lengthy but I got kicked out of Europe early the last two seasons.

Had to sell Sturridge, he is maybe on the park for 10 games a season, just about to turn 29 years old, he is on the decline already due to injuries. 

With his high wages and the ability to still get 20mil or so for him, I had to do it.

I feel so sad.

How soon are people introducing youngsters into the first team. Just starting second season and have the likes of Rulli, Joe Gomez, Ojo, Thiago Maia, Andrija Zivkovic, Iver Fossum, Johannesburg Eggestein- they would all benefit from first team football but at the same time I need to remain competitive. 

5 hours ago, Shakey said:

How soon are people introducing youngsters into the first team. Just starting second season and have the likes of Rulli, Joe Gomez, Ojo, Thiago Maia, Andrija Zivkovic, Iver Fossum, Johannesburg Eggestein- they would all benefit from first team football but at the same time I need to remain competitive. 

Straight away if they are class, not as full time, just give them a match here and there, bring them on at half time and so on.

My game has gone nuts, 4 players with broken legs, of cause one of those is Sturridge.

Think your right and will try and do that. Just starting second season and sold Luan for £40mill, profit £32mill after one season and signed Embollo for £10mill rising to £17mill. 

Thinking of offloading Henderson, Balotelli, Mignolet, Lucas as they all seem surplus to requirements. And also Firmino wants to leave as we aren't in champions league. 

How has Henderson done for people? Still not sure what to do with him

22 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Can anybody recommended a midfield destroyer to sit as the dmc in my 4-1-2-3dm wide formation? Pre season of season 1 with around 20m available for this particular player unless there is one hidden at the club already. 

Lucas does a surprisingly good job at this in front of the back four, I have brought in Sven Bender who is playing there he is neat and tidy does a good job - and I have Maia for the future.

Just started second season, finished first in first season, after a bad start.

Promised board I will make Champions League Semi's, so went on a huge clean out, sold over 200mi worth of players and signed just as much.

Gimenez
Laporte
Yarmolenko
Sanches
Rodriquez
Horn
Donnarumma
Manea
Brandt

And quite a few more Younger guys to develop.

22 hours ago, Shakey said:

Lucas does a surprisingly good job at this in front of the back four, I have brought in Sven Bender who is playing there he is neat and tidy does a good job - and I have Maia for the future.

Maia the Brazilian? Bender always seems to start transfer listed so he may be worth looking at. 

After 3 consecutive titles, brother @ Arsenal beat me right at the end to the title last season. A home loss to Ipswich proved very costly, Ipswich!!

Had bit of a clear out at the end of the season getting rid of some older players.

2021/22 season is going well enough; looked to be a three horse race between Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea when I was greeted to a takeover message.

The club was having a takeover, and they wanted to bring in Klopp as the new manager! :O

Then it got even worse when I drew Real Madrid in the 2nd round of the Champions League.

After a few weeks or 'will they' or 'won't they', the takeover was completed, and I managed to just about keep my job. They have already injected some money into the club, and hoping for a bit more at the end of the season so I can finally afford Odegaard!

Have James Rodrigues coming my way on a free @ EOS, which I am quite chuffed about. Noone else of any interest was available on a free, but then again, am now at a stage where the regens are coming through, so is becoming a bit tricker. 

Coutinho having a poor season for me so far, not having scored in almost 3 months!

On the flipside, Clyne has been immense for me again. He's now 30, and I am dreading the day I have to sell him on!

Sturridge will be going at the end of this season, Henderson maybe a year later, but Clyne I am hoping to hang onto him for as long as possible.

On 05/09/2016 at 01:21, EnigMattic1 said:

Maia the Brazilian? Bender always seems to start transfer listed so he may be worth looking at. 

A couple of other good defensive mid-fielders you might want to check out -

Kristoffer Ajer (you will find him playing for Start in the Norwegian Leagues); and

Maximine Amrein (plays for Young Boys).

I've had Amrein out on loan since I signed him, Ajer is already in the rotation and his highly rayted as a defence midfielders. Ajer plays very well as a deep lying play maker, a regista or an anchor man.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing a Liverpool save for a few weeks now, since finding the Instant Result button skin thing. It's a blessing and the only way I will play from now on.

Anyway, used a transfer update db, but started mid window. Irrelevant now as I'm into my third season. Been fairly successful, won the league both times and looking good for it again but the cups have been a different story.

I edited a huge amount of players myself to make it more interesting. Mainly just boosting all young players to either the max of their random PA or higher if I thought they should be. I did it for as many players as I could though, not just mine, to make it fair. I just find it more fun when there are better players in the game.

KJSZFdd.png

Anyway that's my squad, but I don't like paying too much in wages (Origi exception coz I love him) so there will be some turnover this season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2016 at 11:27, glenn28 said:

Done 10 seasons in my current save & won the premier league 6 times not much luck in the cups though will do 1 more season then close the door on FM 16 to pre prepare for FM 17

I've done just about the same amount of seasons, won the premiership 6 times, had great success in the fa cup. I won the europa league but haven't had much with luck in the champions league. I am at the same point aswell ending this one and preparing for 17!

After 12 seasons ive decided to call my time on FM 16 enjoyed this save best ive had in any version of FM 16 now i look forward to FM 17 

Trophy Haul 

6 Premier league 

2 Champions league

2 League Cup 

1 Fa Cup 

1 Fifa World club cup 

5 Comm Shield 

15 hours ago, Staf9 said:

anyone got the Beta yet??

Ben Woodburn looks to be our best prospect from the youth and Chirivella has decent starting stats (hoping both have decent PA's)

Woodburn looks insane on my save, would have to say high 160's to nearly 170 PA!!

2 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Can't wait to get the game I don't play the beta as it's full of bugs I'll wait till Nov 4th 

only using it for a look around at our squad and a bit of scouting on targets that I have in mind.

this is the first season in years where I'm not looking to make 8/9 changes in the side.

Mane is definitely underrated in my opinion. Moreno is slightly overrated (13 decisions, what?). Coutinho should at least be competent as a central midfielde. Weird decision to have him as unconvincing there, especially when they've given Hendo a natural at DM. Overall the team looks to be in good shape, but I don't think it's that much stronger than it was last year.

Also, Ilori and Mignolet seems impossible to sell, at least in the first transfer window.

edit- and Joe Gomez' determination being as low as 5 seems very, very strange to me.

On 10/20/2016 at 17:28, Tullekunstner said:

Mane is definitely underrated in my opinion. Moreno is slightly overrated (13 decisions, what?). Coutinho should at least be competent as a central midfielde. Weird decision to have him as unconvincing there, especially when they've given Hendo a natural at DM. Overall the team looks to be in good shape, but I don't think it's that much stronger than it was last year.

Also, Ilori and Mignolet seems impossible to sell, at least in the first transfer window.

edit- and Joe Gomez' determination being as low as 5 seems very, very strange to me.

It's probably random, like last year.

I just downloaded the demo last night, the FM17 thread will be up tommorow I think, depending on how fast I type :).

I was thinking of doing a stats comparision from FM16 this year, maybe uses the ingame editor to create FM17 players and use the compare function.

I fancy a nice save with Liverpool this edition. Going through the Beta, I've made some plans already. As always there are some players who have been underrated a little bit with a few attributes here and there (there is a thread about it in the Data section). Hopefully some of them get sorted by the researcher, if not I will just use the editor to fix them myself. (example: Coutinho's free kick taking and long shots, positional ability)

The squad this year has seriously filled itself out, mind you.

dcbd16db7053a669833a41a226ed2177.jpg

I have only bought Willems for the first team.  Sessegnon was bought on a pre-contract, and I promoted Alexander-Arnold, Kevin Stewart and Brannagan from the Under 23s for added depth and to play in the cup games.

What do you guys think about Milner, by the way? I think he's very underrated and for his wage, should honestly be sold.  I can sell him for £13 million to PSG, but since it's PSG, I kinda think I should hold out because if a club like them want to buy him, then he must still have quite the ability.

Well I prefer to start with not allowing transfers in the first window. But in the Winter I always end up selling Milner and Can (on FM16). Haven't had time yet to start a save on the Beta with Liverpool. But when I do, I would most likely do the same. The team needs fullbacks/wingbacks big time. On the right we need cover for Clyne and on the left we need a quality starter. Ideally I would look for an attacking wingback on the left to match Clyne and another player who can cover both sides. So someone like Gaya, Grimaldo or Jorge plus someone like De Sciglio or Sidibe from Monaco.

And then I'll just look to snap Dele Alli and Dier from Tottenham and call it a day for couple of seasons.:D

Moreno is amazing on FM, no idea why anyone would sell him tbh. I bought De Sciglio who's a natural at both RB and LB, perfect fit and provides all the cover needed imo.

Just finished the first season, and sadly he now wants to be sold over broken promises (which are absolute bulls, I signed up 4 new top coaches right after his arrival and he still wasn't happy).. Think I'll try to get someone similar who I can use as backup both on the left and the right.

Can is also amazing in-game, but I find him really difficult to keep happy so if you want players that gets in line, I can see why you would want to sell him.

Finished second after a really rocky start. Had to change up my tactics quite a bit, but after the international break in November I went on an amazing run and only lost once in the league. Wasn't very impressive in neither cup. Moreno was my top performer with an avg. rating of 7.46 and 17 assissts, Origi my top scorer with 33 goals, 29 of them in the Premier League. Harry Kane with 30 was the league's top scorer. In addition to De Sciglio, I bought Donnarumma and Felipe Anderson. Neither have managed to become definite starters, but my plan is to use Karius for the cups and Donnarumma for the league next season. Anderson is also young enough to become a top player. Both Wijnaldum and Lucas has been unhappy with playing time, not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Lallana is on his way out already for the same reason.

The whole squad:

Liverpool_ Players Players.png

Transfers:

Liverpool_  Transfer History.png

League table:

English Premier Division_ Overview Profile.png

36 minutes ago, yonko said:

Not bad. Is that 35 up front + 20 over 48 moths?

I would go for Dele Alli too. I think he would be much better than Can as RPM.

It's 10 after 50 league apps, 5 for winning the league and 5 for winning champions league.

Yeah, I've been looking at Alli, but he'll demand £170k-£250k a week and Tottenham doesn't want to sell so he would be too expensive for me right now.

17 hours ago, Tullekunstner said:

It's 10 after 50 league apps, 5 for winning the league and 5 for winning champions league.

Yeah, I've been looking at Alli, but he'll demand £170k-£250k a week and Tottenham doesn't want to sell so he would be too expensive for me right now.

I reckon he would be worth it though. You can always structure the deal over 4 years with additional payments like for Dier. Deli would be a key player for at least 10 years at the club. The best English midfielder, bar none. Liverpool don't need much else to be honest.

On 10/25/2016 at 23:55, yonko said:

Looking good. When do you plan to start the FM17 thread if you don't mind me asking? And another question, what is the color code for the orange attributes that you are using?

TIA

I'll try tomorow evening or if not then the weekend.

• 7 months later...

Archived