APEX PREDATOR for 15.2. League = 102 points, 118 Goals.... playing 442

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU

I do like to build my own tactics and had up and down success with a 4-1-2-3 which I persisted with for 2 seasons. I then decided to give this tactic a go and although it didnt 100% fit my personnel it was magic.

Beat Real Madrid to win the CL final 4-1 and have had a great run of results over 1/2 a season so far with it (beat Barca 5-2, ManU 4-0, Tottenham 6-0 etc)

The attacking movement is the beauty of this tactic and it has shown me that players like the WMa can be attacking and at the same time seem defensively responsible, also its nice to see the CMd and CMs also contribute to both facets of play even though they sit quite deep. It is a joy to behold the players all linking up on attacks as the defense turns to attack after the BWM get you the ball back.

They key to getting this tactic humming for me is a quality CDc (Balanta is a stud here) and quality BWM (I even use Ozil as the BWMs with good success, in fact i would recommend an attacking CM here) good wide playmakers dont hurt either.

ANyway, as I said wanted to pop in and say thanks and recommend this tatic to all to try, even if you dont use it long term it gives you a nice insight into what you can do with roles.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've not actually played FM for 6 weeks, waiting for the final patch before starting my long term save with Weston Super Mare in Conference South.

Update should come soon, i will be updating this tactic and probably adding a couple of others post the update.

This is by far the best tactic I have used so far. I am currently Ebbsfleet United in the conference south and I am top clear by 21 points. Excellent football is being played by the team. I really do hope you update this post update.

Thanks again mate.

Playing with the 'flexible' tweak and my Leicester team in the first season finished in 4th. Now, this time last year with your Silk and Steel tactic, I also had similar success but as soon as the final patch arrived, it killed it for me.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen this time too.

does anyone know how to tighten the defense when playing away, i have to play the team in structured i think its called(used to be rigid) but i either scrape a draw or get destroyed by 3-5 goals not won away in 15 games even with a fully fit first time out.

my keeper and defenders are young and i signed 4 new center backs so but they seem to perform well at home or in a draw just i get destroyed in some games

Get defenders and keepers who match the tactic and try and get fast defenders. You might find (as I have) that moving to structured, turn off offside and turn on drop deeper. I have found my team a little more balanced by doing this. I start out like this and then revert to the base tactic if I go behind.

Into my third season with Airdrieonians after two successive promotions and a Scottish League Cup victory. We are now sitting a comfortable third in the table. Both of my strikers score barrel loads and my wide midfielders are doing very well. I agree with the point of having a more attacking minded centre midfielder in the team to be more creative through the middle, I even changed to DLP(s) and it hasn't been doing too badly. The only thing is, when we lose we seem to capitulate, losing by three or four goals most times.

Goals wise, Calvin Miller (Celtic) will turn into a very good player to fit into the AF role in this tactic. He has acceleration, pace, composure, but his finishing attribute can be very low (7), none the less, he scored 27 in 36 in his first season on loan with me, and is on 15 in 21 in his second season on loan a division higher. He also gathers a lot of assists from the AF role.

Unfortunately the scope of what I can do with my team in Scotland is limited - such is the micro-economy which operates under a Celtic team featuring Martin Odegaard and Jordan Ayew. Still, my low wage Airdrie team are holding their own - at times though its just impossible to compete. I do intend to make it to the Champions League with this team though, I did it in FM12 with Dundee Utd and their conveyor belt of talent & FM14 with Inverness' good team.

Into my third season with Airdrieonians after two successive promotions and a Scottish League Cup victory. We are now sitting a comfortable third in the table. Both of my strikers score barrel loads and my wide midfielders are doing very well. I agree with the point of having a more attacking minded centre midfielder in the team to be more creative through the middle, I even changed to DLP(s) and it hasn't been doing too badly. The only thing is, when we lose we seem to capitulate, losing by three or four goals most times.

Goals wise, Calvin Miller (Celtic) will turn into a very good player to fit into the AF role in this tactic. He has acceleration, pace, composure, but his finishing attribute can be very low (7), none the less, he scored 27 in 36 in his first season on loan with me, and is on 15 in 21 in his second season on loan a division higher. He also gathers a lot of assists from the AF role.

Unfortunately the scope of what I can do with my team in Scotland is limited - such is the micro-economy which operates under a Celtic team featuring Martin Odegaard and Jordan Ayew. Still, my low wage Airdrie team are holding their own - at times though its just impossible to compete. I do intend to make it to the Champions League with this team though, I did it in FM12 with Dundee Utd and their conveyor belt of talent & FM14 with Inverness' good team.

Yeah, i've started a save with Weston Super Mare, probably the toughest job in the English leagues (without mods), predicted to finish bottom of the league (conference south) in first 2 seasons finished 8th & 8th which is pretty good. 3rd season i'm top of league with 15 games to go predicted 3rd from bottom.

Thing is, i get frustrated, when i lose, i lose heavy but then i remind myself most of my players are rated decent for the Ryman league! and i have no right to be competing for promotion.

With your rapid promotions your team is likely outclassed in most positions week in week out, but its hard to keep a lid on expectations!

Im having real issues with the left midfielder (BWM-D) Ive tried Sergi Samper, joao moutinho, Dembele, Ander Iturraaspe and Micheal Bradley but not one of them plays over a 7 rating. Have you guys out there got a hidden gem or advise on how to make it work

You could play 'god' in that position and he would get poor ratings.

Quite simply, the good work he does breaking up attacks does not contribute to a high rating, he very rarely assists or scores as thats not his job.

Doesnt mean he not contributing, just SI lazily rewarding goal scoring and assists over anything else and not recognizing good defensive work.

You could play 'god' in that position and he would get poor ratings.

Quite simply, the good work he does breaking up attacks does not contribute to a high rating, he very rarely assists or scores as thats not his job.

Doesnt mean he not contributing, just SI lazily rewarding goal scoring and assists over anything else and not recognizing good defensive work.

Cheers, thought it seamed like a waste of a guy. Great tactic btw

MR U - great tactic as usual!

Has anyone had any luck playing against 4-1-2-1-2 formations? They are very narrow packing the midfield. I tried switching to exploit the flanks but this didn't seem to have any impact. I went from being unbeaten against all the big sides to getting beaten 6-0 by Man Utd. They are a better side but my players looked totally useless against them.

Any help appreciated.

How you can post tactic and as prove that it works using teams like Man City or Man Utd? Seriously this is just plain stupid... Use lower leagues teams or teams who are suppose to be relegated and do fine with them...

Oh great you won a league with team who have best squad... that proves ... well nothing TBH

How you can post tactic and as prove that it works using teams like Man City or Man Utd? Seriously this is just plain stupid... Use lower leagues teams or teams who are suppose to be relegated and do fine with them...

Oh great you won a league with team who have best squad... that proves ... well nothing TBH

The SECOND picture on the VERY FIRST post shows WEST BROM finishing 4th.

And YOU are calling ME stupid :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and here's my main save showing my media predicted 2nd from bottom WSM side WINNING Conference South.

http://i.imgur.com/v0TLbJ8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D9dIggP.jpg

Anything else i can do for you??

No thank you :) Forget my manners I'm little upset today.

Btw : I didn't called you stupid , just providing Man City save/screen as proof that tactic is good - bad for me i reacted too quickly. Sorry.

Apology accepted, thanks for being man enough to do that.

I put a lot of work into my tactics and the forum to have its dismissed like that.

Testing with a Strong team is still valid, i had a lot of good Tactics with Man City but didn't post until I had hit some very demanding targets,100+ Points, 110 + goals.

Apology accepted, thanks for being man enough to do that.

I put a lot of work into my tactics and the forum to have its dismissed like that.

Testing with a Strong team is still valid, i had a lot of good Tactics with Man City but didn't post until I had hit some very demanding targets,100+ Points, 110 + goals.

Will give it a try with my Tellford AFC - i like classic 4-4-2 formation for a change :)

I just cant seem to get this one to work for me anymore... had amazing success gettting wimbledon to the prem with it, went great guns until christmas in the first season and now... just can't buy a win... not scoring and leaking goals like mad

even though i've bought a few key players for the squad i'm now in the second season and it's even worse... not sure what i can do to shore things up... i've even found that going back to the old 4132 seems to be better...

any suggestions on tightening things up?

I just cant seem to get this one to work for me anymore... had amazing success gettting wimbledon to the prem with it, went great guns until christmas in the first season and now... just can't buy a win... not scoring and leaking goals like mad

even though i've bought a few key players for the squad i'm now in the second season and it's even worse... not sure what i can do to shore things up... i've even found that going back to the old 4132 seems to be better...

any suggestions on tightening things up?

Did you change to flexible from very fluid?

Mr rosler, congrats on developing an amazing tactic. I've been using this tactic with multiple teams over the course of my save. Chelsea, Marseille, Spain, Germany and now a championship Liverpool. For me this tactic is a diablo tactic, if anythingit's just too good! I basically win every game and it's always by a big number of goagoslsgoalsals. over 40 shots per game. If anything I'm bored playing with this tactic because it's that good! Bravo! The only changes I made are mcr to box to box and mcl to roaming playmaker. You literally can't lose and score bucket loads

New update today. How's the tactic holding up?

Can't really tell ATM since I'm loosing almost everything today but I'm AFC Telford in Sky Bet 2 in my 2nd season - my squad is really bad for that league....

This tactic won promotion for me when media predictions was 24th... that was before patch tho

havent won a game got sacked fae my hudderfield carrer after update to 15.3 late last night :(

Not had a look at it yet, will re-run the City test starting tonight, should be obvious to me fairly quickly if the tactic is redundant.

Not had a look at it yet, will re-run the City test starting tonight, should be obvious to me fairly quickly if the tactic is redundant.

I'm still managing to stop the update downloading. I was three games away from taking my crappy Gainsborough team to the North title and now trying to build for new season in the conference. Im going to hold off on that update as long as I can...

If my limited test is anything to go by I'd say that this tactic could even be better under 15.3.

Managing Chelsea (I did say that it is limited proof) I've played the first three EPL fixtures of the 2014-15 season with the following results:

Crystal Palace (H) 6-0

Man Utd (A) 5-1

Aston Villa (H) 6-0

Goals for 17; goals against 1 - pretty impressive even for Chelsea especially when the team are still less than 50% familiar with the tactic.

One difference I've noticed so far is that crosses are more likely to be blocked by defenders.

Mind you, Chelsea do have a near perfect team for this tactic from the start:

STL - Remy (bought Fierro as backup and future)

STR - Costa (4 goals, 3 assists, 8.80 avg rating)

ML - Hazard / Schurrle

MCL - Matic (bought Lucas Romero as backup and future)

MCR - Fabregas (3 goals, 2 assists, 22 key passes, 8.74 avg rating) / Ramires

MR - Oscar / Willian

DL- Luis (Ricardo Rodriguez bought to complement Luis)

DCL- Cahill (Zouma future replacement)

DCR - Terry (bought Balanta as future replacement)

DR - Azpilicueta / Ivanovic

GK - Courtois / Cech

Still a cracking tactic I think. Well done Mr R.

I switched to this tactic on my Portsmouth save at beginning of 2nd season, I got promoted from League 2 season before! I am currently a quarter of the way through December, 2nd in league having been set a target of lower to mid table, in the quarter finals of Capital One Cup having beaten Southampton and Middlesborough of the Premier League along the way, have Derby County at home next, fairly confident! In the final of Johnstone Paint Trophy and in the 3rd round of FA Cup.

I have a fairly young squad, signed Zack Clough on a season long loan from Bolton, has been sensational up front, 27 goals already, 6 of which came in one game against Telford in FA Cup 2nd round in a 7-0 victory, also set a new club record for most goals in one came!

Other stand out players for me are Jed Wallace, Danny Hollands and Jack Whatmough.

Tactic had been perfect for me since the 15.3 update!

No news from Uwe? Does that mean good news... still staying offline until HE speaks so the update doesn't work.

Found it to be a bit leaky under 15.3.

Its OK, but the 'edge' has gone in my opinion.

I'm looking at something new.

Archived