APEX PREDATOR for 15.2. League = 102 points, 118 Goals.... playing 442

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried this tactic with the wolves and I am not disappointed! predicted 19th and ends first.

I just added (keep the ball) as suggested: Mr U Rosler

now I think it will be more difficult with the premier league..

media prediction :

http://hpics.li/0562351

final ranking :

http://hpics.li/eb510ba

Cup of England :

http://hpics.li/7f6b92e

Hi there, am playing with Cardiff and had a terrible start.

Can I ask you, are you using OIs? Pitch size? Team prep?

My pitch is standard, no OIs and Team Cohesion average and Att Movement at 30%

Tactic is not yet fluid.

Fingers crossed.

Blackburn (A) L 1-0

Newport (A) L 2-1

Huddersfield (H) D 0-0

Wigan (H) L 1-2

Wolves (A) W 0-2 :-)

Fulham (A) W 0-1 :-)

Norwich (H) D 0-0

Middlesbrough (H) D 2-2

Derby (A) D 2-2

Sheff Wed (H) D 0-0

Brighton (A) L 3-1

Blackpool (A) W 1-4 (Blackpool had a man sent off in 10th min)

Forest (H) D 1-1

Ipswich (H) W 4-1

Millwall (A) D 4-4 (Absolute joke. Was 3-1 up playing very well. They scored 3 goals in the 70s, I equalised in 90th)

Leeds (H) W 3-1

Bolton (A) W 0-1

Birmingham (A) L 1-0

Reading (H) L 0-2

Watford (A) D 2-2

Rotherham (H) W 3-0

i won championship with Blackpool - predicted mid table

in Prem, i added a few quality players, got a 500-1 outsiders shot for PL, favourites for relegation, after 6 games i've won 4 and drawn 2

As you can probably see I'm struggling to create. My tactic is now fully fluent apart from (I hope, tellingly) Creative Freedom which is at 3/4. Still it's a struggle.

Predicted 3rd, so far 11th after 9 games

Hi englandmanager, can I just check with you I'm not doing something stupid?

Standard tactic, keep it on control, retain possession ticked, standard pitch size, general training - team cohesion (average), match prep - att movement (30%), no OIs

Are you doing anything different? Have I missed something?

The reason I ask is that I'm happy to plug on if I'm confident it'll come good. My players are not ideally suited to the positions but are too good to be struggling like we are, in my opinion.

Thanks

Hi englandmanager, can I just check with you I'm not doing something stupid?

Standard tactic, keep it on control, retain possession ticked, standard pitch size, general training - team cohesion (average), match prep - att movement (30%), no OIs

Are you doing anything different? Have I missed something?

The reason I ask is that I'm happy to plug on if I'm confident it'll come good. My players are not ideally suited to the positions but are too good to be struggling like we are, in my opinion.

Thanks

i do team OI, i do the ones suggested from my ass man, usually it's putting a strong player tightly marked or weaker foot

i also do match tactic focus every game

and i do stick to players that know their roles more, like ball winning midfielders i think are very key and wide midfielders

also sometimes i have a terrible 1st half but i think team talks have a huge effect and i always put agressive not happy, to motivate and fire up

do you use shouts? if drawing or losing i sometimes put passionately "demand more" "push forward"

i do team OI, i do the ones suggested from my ass man, usually it's putting a strong player tightly marked or weaker foot

i also do match tactic focus every game

and i do stick to players that know their roles more, like ball winning midfielders i think are very key and wide midfielders

also sometimes i have a terrible 1st half but i think team talks have a huge effect and i always put agressive not happy, to motivate and fire up

do you use shouts? if drawing or losing i sometimes put passionately "demand more" "push forward"

Cheers mate, I'll give these a go.

Lost at home to Reading 2-0.

Players unhappy and called a team meeting. Unsurprising as we are awful.

if these don't work, i suggest trying a different set of players

the tactic works but maybe not for certain players

Well, I just had my first dominant display of the season, a 3-0 win against Rotherham at home.

That was my 20th game and I have a record of W:7 D:8 L:5 F:31 A:23

That Rotherham performance has given me some hope...dangerous words...

errr...next game beat Bournemouth away 6-0!

And...back to being rubbish

Into my fourth season with Airdrie now. Managed to hold together the majority of my side but lost big goal scorer Cameron Jerome. Ive been struggling a bit now the update has gone in but will take the necessary steps as outlined by Uwe and see how it goes.

Failing that I've just set up a Liverpool game. I'd quite like to rebuild them using the predictable players and this tactic.

I'm really struggling after patch, giving away too way to many goals with my AFC Telford in Sky Bet 2 but IMO that prove that this tactic is just really not good tactic but not broken one that is abusing ME... I'm ATM 14th place - media prediction is 24th. Should I really expect more from that tactic?

I'm really struggling after patch, giving away too way to many goals with my AFC Telford in Sky Bet 2 but IMO that prove that this tactic is just really not good tactic but not broken one that is abusing ME... I'm ATM 14th place - media prediction is 24th. Should I really expect more from that tactic?

Have you put retain possession on?

Try it with Radomiak... it might work better ;) Nothing else seems to ;)

Since putting on retain possession I haven't won a single game.... lots of draws (5) and 2 losses. The problem is the goals have dried up scored 6 and conceded 8.... worst run Ive ever had but Ill stick with it for now...

Maybe retain possession doesn't work so well with weak passing teams (this is the Conference)

Since putting on retain possession I haven't won a single game.... lots of draws (5) and 2 losses. The problem is the goals have dried up scored 6 and conceded 8.... worst run Ive ever had but Ill stick with it for now...

Maybe retain possession doesn't work so well with weak passing teams (this is the Conference)

Kinda same feeling from me, just not enough games to confirm it. Also I'm struggling with this complete forward position, my players are getting some ridiculously low star ratings there like half star...

So.. should i even expect this tactic to get me play-off spot ? :)

8cde860c7d.jpg

Not seen 2001 odds before, wonder how they calculate that?

No doubt you're struggling with the 'reputation' system following your promotion, i've just been promoted out of Conference South to the Conference, no Conference rated player will sign for me even if they've been released and have no clubs, very few Conference North/South players will sign for me, seems they lack the ambition to move up a division so i'm stuck with 'regional' players.

Still, we like a challenge..... ;)

Tactic seems a lot more inconsistent, some games it feels like the old patch while others it's leaking like a sieve - playing as City I just lost a game 6-3 v United on the back of 4-2 defeat to Everton (winning 2-0) but at the same time I've beaten Real Madrid 4-0.

Away from home it really struggles, have lost or drew against all the big sides away from home.

Need to add retain possession if you haven't already.

Yeah, I've added that and it's just not at the same level as previously (although still fun to run with) - 30 pts after 14 games in the league with City - 42 scored 19 conceded so it's definitely defensively where it's falling short of previously.

19 from 7 games at home (25 scored 4 conceded)

11 from 7 games away (17 scored 15 conceded), admittedly have played Chelsea, Arsenal, United & Liverpool all away!

Adding 'Retain possession' and changing from 'Fluid' to 'Flexible' has worked a treat for me on the latest patch.

done the retain possession but not the fluid to flexible

doesn't matter anyway i've started a save on fm14 last night, can't get over patch 15.3 myself

not slagging the game off, as i've enjoyed it for years but the only one i'm not liking is 15.3, to me it makes it impossible to enjoy due to a few things

done the retain possession but not the fluid to flexible

doesn't matter anyway i've started a save on fm14 last night, can't get over patch 15.3 myself

not slagging the game off, as i've enjoyed it for years but the only one i'm not liking is 15.3, to me it makes it impossible to enjoy due to a few things

Must admit, i can't get into it this year, not sure if its me getting older or the games just not as good as it used to be.

Might try the 'classic' version, at least that way i won't have to go through the same press conference for the 7,000th time.

Just won the title with 2 games remaining on my PSV save using this. Really brilliant tactic.

I think next year I will be able to do even better, as my players currently are not perfect for the roles in this. Memphis Depay has killed it in that left WM role though, 47 appearances, 37 goals, 23 assists.

Must admit, i can't get into it this year, not sure if its me getting older or the games just not as good as it used to be.

Might try the 'classic' version, at least that way i won't have to go through the same press conference for the 7,000th time.

With classic you also won't be forced through terrible player interaction as well. I recommend it, it's much better for your sanity and it brings back the fun of older, simpler times. :)

Hi all,

Just passing to say tks. Just toke Everton and tried this tactic. Playng in december 2016 and i'am 2 with same points as Chelsea. Not bad considering i've sold Stones and Lukaku(around 50 millions euros each :)) couldn't refuse! Was very short on money.

Just conceding too many goals, but it's normal defense it's weak and especialy keeper is bad!

Managed back to back promotions with Portsmouth using this tactic, currently in pre-season preparing to tackle the Championship, could I get back to the Premier League with another promotion?! Time will tell!

Great tactic, top work!

My main issue at the minute:

e325b2755fd9670925bf960131f37145.png

My two central midfielders are drawn to the ball and leaving so much space in the middle. Any ideas how to remedy this?

I've been looking at a few options, as soon as you drop the pressing you invite pressure on the edge of your own box, which is probably a bit worse.

i'd really love to drop in an Anchor Man in the DM spot so you have cover centrally, but the only way to get the extra man is to go 4141 which leaves the striker isolated (although i have had some good results with a 4141).

The main issue is playing stronger teams away, its very difficult to dominate them even with Man City, the best i can seem to manage is a 'shoot out' with 20 shots per side but we're on the wrong end of these games too often for my liking.

These games should be difficult, and we might just have to live with it, but as ever i will keep trying to find a away to tip the odds in our favour.

its not you UWE - the game is definately not the fun it used to be, fancy 3d graphics is not what Champ Manager / FM was about. This game is far more unplayable & unsatisfying that any before it. I'm going back to CM97/98 !!!!!!!!! :)

its not you UWE - the game is definately not the fun it used to be, fancy 3d graphics is not what Champ Manager / FM was about. This game is far more unplayable & unsatisfying that any before it. I'm going back to CM97/98 !!!!!!!!! :)

Must admit, i'm enjoying classic much more.

Its always been about the matches for me, on classic you just fly from match to match without the BS.

Looks like i might have a much improved version of this tactic on the way, although there's time for it to go wrong. Season 1, the away games at Tottenham, Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool are where you really find out if a tactic can cut it, only met Tottenham away so far and hammered them 8-2. They attacked relentlessly and have overwhelmed other tactics i've tried, but this one, the more they attacked the more i ripped them apart on the counter. Bodes well, but we'll see how it goes. 12 wins from 12 so far averaging 4 goals a game.

Must admit, i'm enjoying classic much more.

Its always been about the matches for me, on classic you just fly from match to match without the BS.

Looks like i might have a much improved version of this tactic on the way, although there's time for it to go wrong. Season 1, the away games at Tottenham, Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool are where you really find out if a tactic can cut it, only met Tottenham away so far and hammered them 8-2. They attacked relentlessly and have overwhelmed other tactics i've tried, but this one, the more they attacked the more i ripped them apart on the counter. Bodes well, but we'll see how it goes. 12 wins from 12 so far averaging 4 goals a game.

sounds good mate, yeah i'v been playing FMC for the last two versions - the full fat game is too much

I think it's time for an update and a big thank you to Mr U Rosler! This tactic is the best one i've ever used playing Football Manager :) It is extremely impressive considering the fact it uses two strikers, something i've always missed previously when playing 4-2-3-1 tactics.

Apologies in advance for the long post, but i just want to show you how brilliant this tactic has been for me.

First season with Nottingham Forest, season 2014/15:

Lufg8Oo.png

First season in Premier League, 2015/16:

Ugcd8E6.png

2016/17:

m8yHXmi.png

2017/18:

gFLDl08.png

2018/19:

FOTCTjx.png

2019/20:

UdQTl8o.png

2020/21:

evVEnYQ.png

2021/22:

qOSZNr9.png

2022/23:

VMpWm3I.png

2023/24:

ElQlUmC.png

2024/25:

YwDXzfk.png

The last season, 2024/25 was played with the lastest patch, with retain possesion added, and that was my best season ever! Not a single defeat, and i'm now currently on a 60 match unbeaten run in the Premier League:

sYeY6ZK.png

I've won the Capitol One Cup 6 seasons in a row, and i basically always use my second string team in this competition:

UjOBn4o.png

Won the FA Cup 3 times:

J2oDy3C.png

Champions League winners on three occasions:

ooxoJSS.png

So this is definately the best tactic i've ever come across playing FM, great work Mr U Rosler :) And i have not been cheating in any way whatsoever, even if the results indicate extreme cheating alert! The tactic is so good that the game has become way to easy, i just know that i'm going to win almost every game i play by a huge amount of goals, time for a new challenge i think....or maybe time to take a break from the game and get a proper life ;)

Thanks for the post Robbie.

Good to see it going well under 15.3, even though you will no doubt have an uber team by now.

Before you give up on the save i think i have a better version on the way, i'd be interested in seeing a comparison ;)

Archived