'Unto The Breach!' My 4-1-3-2 for FM15

Thats impressive Mr U. I'm using your 4132 but the 442 looks to be even better! Looking forward to testing this when its out

To be fair there's no way i will hold onto 3rd spot, i've managed 5 clean sheets in a row and nicked a load of games 1-0, my luck is gonna change at some point.

I don't know if its me but every tactic i work on turns out to be pretty defensive, even with an attacking/fluid mentality although we create and miss a lot of chances.

There's no way West Brom should have 30 shots against anyone, SI have had a load of stick for high scoring games, i think the Match Engine lends itself to chance creation so they have had to make finishing woeful to prevent unrealistic high scores.

This can make watching games pretty frustrating.

Interested to see how it goes with Man City when i test it, the large rise in player quality should result in a decent number of goals even with poor finishing.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scunthorpe had 8 shots, 4 on target, 1 CCC, 40% possession, 3 goals

We had had 26 Shots, 10 on target, 0 CCCs, 60% possession, 2 goals - the 2nd in the 91st minute.

Thats just the way it goes sometimes, i think FM14 was far worse in this area, constantly shafting you, it doesn't seem to happen as often on FM15. Does happen quite a lot in real life.

Its quite hard to create clear cut chances at the moment, without being defensively negligent. This is something i'll spend a lot of time looking at after the next update which i dont think is too far away.

having said that, i see a lot of CCC's missed anyway and your game had 5 goals with only 1 CCC in the whole game so you can score from anywhere, anyway.

As i said earlier, Tactic will remain a work in progress as long as the ME is a work in progress :lol:

Since then I've had a 3-0 loss to boro at Home due to going down to 10 on 30 mins, although it was 1-0 at the time.

3-0 win v Brighton at Home

2-1 loss v Watford away - Close game sadly went the other way

6-1 win v Bolton - not many chances each though, 9 shots, 8 on target, 2 CCCs only 39% possession, they had 8 Shots, 2 on target, 1 CCC

Hopefully turning a corner, the tactic is just about completely fluid.

Since then I've had a 3-0 loss to boro at Home due to going down to 10 on 30 mins, although it was 1-0 at the time.

3-0 win v Brighton at Home

2-1 loss v Watford away - Close game sadly went the other way

6-1 win v Bolton - not many chances each though, 9 shots, 8 on target, 2 CCCs only 39% possession, they had 8 Shots, 2 on target, 1 CCC

Hopefully turning a corner, the tactic is just about completely fluid.

Im really finding it hard with leeds as well with this tactic,im into jan and sitting 10th,very hit and miss at the moment

I fully expect some games to have one team dominate and the other team nick it with their only chance of the game, but this has now happened in four games on the bounce.

I've got the likes of Hazard, Costa, Destro, Shurrle, Oscar, Fabregas all involved at some point, 30+ chances and half of these on target, and no goals. It's ridiculous.

I'm not one for blaming the ME but there has to be something up my players aren't that terrible at finishing/unlucky to have this keep happening.

When using a very top team (Champions League) you might be better off leaving 'retain possession' on.

The problem with retain possession is that you hold onto the ball until a clear pass is on. With weaker teams this means you spend a lot of time going nowhere as your players are not skilled enough either to cleverly find space or to pick out and deliver a killer pass. So with weaker teams you generate fewer shooting chances using retain possession and generally score less.

However with a top team and elite players they are good enough to adopt a patient approach and deliver killer passes frequently enough for you to create a lot of good shooting opportunities.

I would try a few games with 'retain possession' on and see what happens.

I have tried 'work ball into box' but that seemed to really blunt the attack, you can also set some or all or some of your attacking players (strikers & attack minded midfielders) to shoot less often.

I've yet to fully get to the bottom of this but will do :thup:

I know you will! Just good to rant to likeminded individuals. I'm off to walk the dogs to let off some steam before sliding back into the managerial chair!

I'm going to fiddle with some attacking settings but suspect the ME is at fault for the copious number of misses and we'll not find a way to solve it. Which is a shame.

Finding it very hit and miss with Stoke - mid table after half a season but losing to bad teams and drawing with good teams.... I will keep plugging away because I feel like it might be the players. They're not of a quality good enough for the tactic if that makes any sense? I've yet to try it with 'retain possession' off so I might do that also.

Finding it very hit and miss with Stoke - mid table after half a season but losing to bad teams and drawing with good teams.... I will keep plugging away because I feel like it might be the players. They're not of a quality good enough for the tactic if that makes any sense? I've yet to try it with 'retain possession' off so I might do that also.

With Stoke, you'll definately go better with it off.

1 goal up with 20 minutes to go put it on again to protect your lead.

Getting very mixed results, went very well for stockport until about December. Then i got into a big slump. Lost 5 in a row.

At that point i switched back to the 4-3-3 variant that i've been using with success. I love the soccer from this tactic though.

Long shots can be taken care of by setting the Strikers and attacking mids to shoot less often.

Still with a lower league team the aim is not good/consistent enough for a whole season it seems.

Seems to be a general issue with a lack of genuine creativity, you shouldn't really have to put shoot less often on strikers or be forced into using retain possession. Not sure if its a tactic thing or a ME thing, getting similar issues with the 442.

Completely disjointed in attack, every player running forward and rushing everything. In defence the team is like 10 headless chickens chasing the ball around the pitch at all cost, and no care for position. It's so easy for opposition to just pass around you and into space - usually the wings, where cross after cross desends into the box or gets blocked for a corner.

Why do you have higher tempo, play wider, and shorter passing all together. All this is doing is making players rush shorter passes over longer distances? All I'm seeing is that my players are just rushing like crazy to make a pass, all other players are either too far away in supporting roles or running forward in attacking roles. Player with the ball gets slighest bit of pressure and loses the ball.

Defensivly all I am seeing is cross after cross reign down on my goal. Most of which are being defended, no more than normal in percentage terms are being scored. But the sheer numbers of them sees me concede like crazy.

odd, i'm using this with AFC Wimbledon... media prediction 18th.... now 3rd of march, curently 4th in the table.... matt tubbs one of my strikers has 29 goals in 36 appearances this season, my other striker has 10 and the 3 midfielders have 9,7,7... plenty of clean sheets as well. I have also run a counter attacking version of this with the 2 CMs on auto and the fullbacks on support with the strikers split as AF and DF

personally i'm enjoying it... shame my wingers arnt :)

Why do you have higher tempo, play wider, and shorter passing all together. All this is doing is making players rush shorter passes over longer distances? All I'm seeing is that my players are just rushing like crazy to make a pass, all other players are either too far away in supporting roles or running forward in attacking roles. Player with the ball gets slighest bit of pressure and loses the ball.

Defensivly all I am seeing is cross after cross reign down on my goal. Most of which are being defended, no more than normal in percentage terms are being scored. But the sheer numbers of them sees me concede like crazy.

The attacking mentality and higher tempo increase the passing range, the formation is fairly compact anyway. Shouldn't really be any issue with passing.

The Center Backs and Anchor are set to close down less, the rest of the team will press...... that's the idea.

Not my finest tactic for sure, but its early days and some people are going well with it, if you don't like it, don't use it.

There's a v2 in the works, changed some of the roles and more importantly a total re-think on the Team Instructions and 1 or 2 key player instructions.

Long shots no longer an issue and a lot more Clear Cut Chances being created. Looks more solid all round.

Will finish season with West Brom to confirm all is good. Friday could be 'update' day, if that happens will have to start all over again.

Also got a really solid 442 waiting in the wings but think i can really improve upon the current 4132 so will update this first.

There's a v2 in the works, changed some of the roles and more importantly a total re-think on the Team Instructions and 1 or 2 key player instructions.

Long shots no longer an issue and a lot more Clear Cut Chances being created. Looks more solid all round.

Will finish season with West Brom to confirm all is good. Friday could be 'update' day, if that happens will have to start all over again.

Also got a really solid 442 waiting in the wings but think i can really improve upon the current 4132 so will update this first.

Can't wait to see them both.

I struggled with tactics last season, made 1 myself which I gave out to the community but always pref to use others that know what they are talking about.

Can't wait to see them both.

I struggled with tactics last season, made 1 myself which I gave out to the community but always pref to use others that know what they are talking about.

Thanks, things have changed a bit this year so its taking me time to adjust, getting to grips with it now i think :thup:

Thanks Jim Beam, been a few people struggling on here, the tactic can definitely be improved but i think there's a lot more to being successful this year than just plugging in a tactic.

So some people might struggle no matter what.

Thanks Jim Beam, been a few people struggling on here, the tactic can definitely be improved but i think there's a lot more to being successful this year than just plugging in a tactic.

So some people might struggle no matter what.

that's what was said about fm14 too..

not sure if this works higher up yes you go, but made sure I gave good rest in between games in lower leagues, (played res/young players in cups). new players seem to play better after 6-12month at the club.

so far have gone....

2nd, 1st, 11th, and this so far(finished top with 86points in the end, lost 8 times).

Leyton_zps20db5d09.jpg

Wanted to pop on and say thanks Uwe, Just finished season one with Man City (I play with a big team until all the patching settles down before a long term Nottingham Forest save!) and I've absolutely smashed the league, 99 points. Champions League final against Bayern to go.

99 points, 78 scored, 19 conceded!! 31 wins, 6 draws and only 1 defeat in the league (Everton Away). Out of the FA and League cup to QPR in both but hey ho, you can't win them all, but if you use this tactic you can come darned close!

How's v2 looking Mr U?

Getting nowhere fast!

Struggling to get anything consistent with West Brom, can't even replicate my original result with my original tactic.... very puzzling.

Spent a lot of hours testing stuff but haven't had that 'lightbulb' moment yet :mad:

Will persist and still have loads of things i want to try!

Wanted to pop on and say thanks Uwe, Just finished season one with Man City (I play with a big team until all the patching settles down before a long term Nottingham Forest save!) and I've absolutely smashed the league, 99 points. Champions League final against Bayern to go.

99 points, 78 scored, 19 conceded!! 31 wins, 6 draws and only 1 defeat in the league (Everton Away). Out of the FA and League cup to QPR in both but hey ho, you can't win them all, but if you use this tactic you can come darned close!

Well done, that was a better League result than i had :thup:

Thanks for the feedback.

V2 looking REALLY, REALLY good.

I've got West Brom putting on a defensive masterclass, not lucky results, actually controlling games and restricting opponents to 5 or 6 shots. Should be unreal with a big team.

mHvQR8s.png

And i've only had 1 fit Striker for a month :lol:

Will finish season tomorrow and unless it collapses i'll put it up.

Skipping pig it's definetely not worthless for LLM. I used it at Stockport and had a decent start of the season. 5 Losses in a row made me switch back to

the previous tactic i was using though, but it works even in LLM, with the 2 false nines.

I've got West Brom putting on a defensive masterclass, not lucky results, actually controlling games and restricting opponents to 5 or 6 shots. Should be unreal with a big team.

mHvQR8s.png

Looking Good U, how did the rest of the season go?

mHvQR8s.png

Fantastic results. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Hi,

I've just started a Southampton save using v2 tactic and so far so good. Started with a 1-0 home win against Newcastle which we battered them until the last 10 minutes where I got a bit lucky but didn't tell them to retain possession. Then we beat Arsenal at the Emirates 0-2. Quite a comfortable win although they did have a dubious disallowed goal. Anyway, I'll keep reporting back but it's definitely controlling the game better.

As ever, 'retain possession' seems to be the key instruction. With 'retain on' it adds a defensive quality to the tactic but you do have games where you don't get many shots away.

With 'retain off', you certainly get at your opponent more but long shots start happening in numbers and you are more vulnerable at the back.

I don't really like either option to be honest and i'm trying to find a way to keep the defensive qualities granted by using 'retain possession' with the more incisive forward play you get with 'retain possession off'.

Archived