'Unto The Breach!' My 4-1-3-2 for FM15

I'm struggling to stay up, with my awful Dulwich side - first year in the Conference. This tactic is giving me a fighting chance. At the moment I'm using the Away version non-stop, also dropping down to Counter at time to make sure I don't get shredded too often. Things are looking solid and I'm on course to save myself despite winning, I think, once in the first 10 games (with a different tactic).

One thing though - I'm finding my fullbacks smashing aimless diagonal balls across the field to concede play quite a lot. Anybody else getting that?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm struggling to stay up, with my awful Dulwich side - first year in the Conference. This tactic is giving me a fighting chance. At the moment I'm using the Away version non-stop, also dropping down to Counter at time to make sure I don't get shredded too often. Things are looking solid and I'm on course to save myself despite winning, I think, once in the first 10 games (with a difference tactic).

One thing though - I'm finding my fullbacks smashing aimless diagonal balls across the field to concede play quite a lot. Anybody else getting that?

yep, i have sevenoaks at level 9 but using away version for all matches

That's the ME not the tactic. It will probably get patched.

It's not really the ME, more indicative of corner defending not being changed from default. Things improved for me when taking a man off the far post and having 2/3 men zonally mark the six yard box. Have conceded one goal in 14 league games from a corner (including follow ups to the initial corner).

It's not really the ME, more indicative of corner defending not being changed from default. Things improved for me when taking a man off the far post and having 2/3 men zonally mark the six yard box. Have conceded one goal in 14 league games from a corner (including follow ups to the initial corner).

Ok I'll change to that then thanks.

Alright, finished 1st with Udinese, 6th place. Signings: Jorge Enriquez, Mammana on loan and Kramaric. What can I say...I started to score more after I removed retain possession indeed and a great end of season. Best attack in the league but the defence was weak, need to change corner defending instructions for the next season, way too many goals conceded from corners. Overall pleased with the tactic, good job. :applause:

4kfki9.jpg

Alright, finished 1st with Udinese, 6th place. Signings: Jorge Enriquez, Mammana on loan and Kramaric. What can I say...I started to score more after I removed retain possession indeed and a great end of season. Best attack in the league but the defence was weak, need to change corner defending instructions for the next season, way too many goals conceded from corners. Overall pleased with the tactic, good job. :applause:

4kfki9.jpg

Thanks for the post :thup:

What was your media prediction by the way?

People keep suggesting we zonally mark the 6 yard box, we already have 3 people doing that in the instructions i put in. I think corners are an acknowledged issue.

Feedback on my Birmingham save...

PL14 W8 D3 L3, currently 5th in the league on 27 points.

G/D + 17 ...2nd best behind Derby who are ******* the division as expected.

Brought in 2 loans and spent £1.5 mill on Lyle Taylor from Scunny.

Was expected to avoid relegation by the board so punching above my weight :thup:

All in all the tactic is working very well for me seeming we have one of the weakest squads in the division ( thanx Lee Clark) lol

Nice one Mr Rosler, great tactic upload

:thup::applause:

i`m a fellow bluenose currently using this tactic,top of the championship coming up to christmas sold 4 players brought in 7 with 2 loans i`m finding it a bit of a struggle though.

Hi mate,

Yeah I remember chatting on the old Birmingham City thread :thup:

So your game hasn't crashed yet? :p

I too sold 4 players

Novak

Packwood (should of kept)

Shinnie

Arthur

All for a combined £3.4 million

Reese Brown/Mark Duffy are must keeps average rating of 7.43...7.48 respectively

Lyle Taylor was a very good acquisition even though I took a risk paying £1.5 mill for a League 1 player (especially our funds are really restricted)

Hopefully someone will create a Bcfc thread :lol:

no yet lol,sold novak.spector,shinnie and robinson for aeound 2m signed niang on loan from milan,radosevic on loan from napoli,then went on my scandinavian shopping trip signed thern 100k,diskerud 100k,shala 100k,bengtsson 75k,strandberg 350k and soderqvist for 50k,most of these had only 6 months to run on their contracts otherwise they would cost a fortune and finally i brought lewis macleod from rangers for 250k.whats your line up with duffy and brown

Haha need to scout them Scandinavian markets for a bargain!

I play both Duffy and Brown as Central Midfield attack as per the formation on the tactic, I just changed it slightly with Brown and used him as a Roaming CM support.

Still gotta try and fit in Demarai Gray into the squad so I'm currently using him as a sub Inside forward if Donaldo is having an off game

this my line up and i`m struggling to score a lot

gk randolph

rb caddis

lb bengtsson

cb strandberg

cb edgar

dm radosevic

cma thern

dlp diskerud/macleod

cma shala

f9 soderqvist/niang

duffy,donaldson,cotterill,thomas,gray,davis and gleeson have hardly played yet

My Line up -

GK - Randolph

RB -Caddis

CB -Edgar

CB -McCarthy (loan from palace)

LB - Hancox

AM - Davis

DLP -Baker (loan from Chelsea)

CMA -Duffy

CMA -Brown

F9 - Donaldson

F9 - Taylor

I usually go with both forwards on F9 but if it aint working I go with Taylor as a Poacher and if need be bring on Gray as an inside forward, all 3 scoring 19 goals so far between them.

Try it out :thup:

I do.

but if I'm away and things are going to plan ( e.g I was winning 0-3 away to Charlton @ half time) I went all defensive and they pulled one back @ 49 mins, then I went back to the original formation and selected - auto assign roles- and ended up winning 1-5

This version seems to be alot of tactical adjustments depending on play which I like even though I hate creating a tactic so I'm glad I can use this one as a good solid tactic and adjust as needed :thup:

A thing I noticed about the tactic is that I only scored 8-10 times from headers. Maybe changing one to adf would help with that. Also I only conceded 5 goals or something from corners (without rebounds that is I assume) and only scored 6-8 times from then. Last thing, it really helps if you have mc's like Guarin, Romero, Hernanes and M'vila who can all score with long shots. Scored around 18 goals from long shots iirc. Makes up for the high amount of long shots I think.

At the end of the season i missed Icardi and Palacio 2 months at the same time and my backup rb broke his leg so I'm pretty happy with the results the last 10 matches. Hired that Mayuka from Sothon who did surprisingly good.

Mr. Rosler , do you also have issues with a lot of Long Shots?

Yes, some games more than others.

That's what prompted me to originally put retain possession on as it cuts this right down, however I think the cure is worse than the disease as we score more allowing the long shots to happen.

Hoping this gets a tweak in the next ME update.

Struggling defensively with this. Opponents are getting a lot of shots away. Contemplating switching retain possession back on. Or maybe switching from attacking to control or standard.

If those shots are from range i don't mind that too much, stronger opponents will always get shots away and score of course and you can get undone by a set piece or a bit of individual brilliance by anyone at anytime.

That's not to say the tactic can't be improved, i'm working on the 4-4-2 at the moment, fairly satisfied the 4132 is performing at a decent level. Once the 4-4-2 is up i'll do my final formation the 4231 (DM/AMC) after which i'll revisit them all to see what we can do to improve them. A new update may well be out by then anyway.

Chances are i'll uncover a few things building and testing the other 2 tactics which can be applied here, i've already got a more potent looking striker set up in the 4-4-2 that potentially could work better than the 2 F9's we use here.

Additionally other people could come with something on here with their own tweaking which could be incorporated.

So still very much a work in progress :thup:

Greetings from the Belgium 3rd Division!

My team, which was picked to finish 15/18 is now sitting in 3rd place two-thirds of the way through the season, currently on an 11 match un-beaten run.

A couple of changes I made:

1. I usually run with retain possession off, but will turn it on when protecting a lead late, or up against tougher competition.

2. Most of the time my fullbacks are both set to attack, but will usually only change one to support when protecting a lead. I've found that a lot of teams start throwing their DL/R into attacking mode when behind and it's not uncommon for me to get a good counter-attack and late goal to pad the lead because their wide defensemen are so far forward.

3. I changed one of the strikers to an advance forward attack. I was having issues with the opposition moving their defensive-line up and hassling both my forwards out of the game. By changing one to AF(a) he keeps their defensive line pushed back and honest. This allows my F9 to work the space in between the midfield and defense and hold the ball or dribble around while my center midfielders catch-up. My AF isn't great and really isn't involved in play much, but I feel he is still crucial in creating space.

Overall, this has been great for me so far. My F9 is tied for the league lead in goals with 15 through 20 games. I signed a new attacking fullback who was a AMR/MR that I am having to retrain for DR, but he has the highest rating of all my players.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about giving up corners. I've given up 2 this season so far. 3 of my best headers mark tall, 2 good markers marking small, 3 decent headers marking the 6-yard box, my best passer at the edge of the box and my fastest, best dribbler stays forward. Seems to work well, but I have a lot of players who are pretty good at heading so your mileage may vary.

I'm playing as Chelsea. Signed Destro to play up top with Costa. After a 12 goal scoring streak at the start of the season (6 games), he's gone a bit quiet, but then he did get injured.

I'm absolutely battering teams with chances 20+ a game. The most I can remember was 37 against QPR - a 1-0 defeat. And therein lies the problem. I dominate, dominate and then dominate a bit more, but I'm just not putting games to bed. Frustrating.

When i have time i will do a more detailed post, but at the minute, i'm too tired and frustrated. I cannot seem to get this tactic set working for my team (west ham). It could well be my players but what i'm noticing from extended highlights (i know they arent the best) my team seems to be chasing shadows and miss passing a lot. Now the tactic is fully fluid with them, just the idoits that are the players don't seem to want me in a job.

frustrating to say the least at the moment. BUT i will persevere until i get the sack, which doesnt look too long off.

Looks promising Mr U however your tactic is the latest of 5 to fail against the 'mighty' Scunthorpe in the Capital One Cup first round with Leeds - don't get it, I even followed your pre-game press conferences too.

Scunthorpe had 8 shots, 4 on target, 1 CCC, 40% possession, 3 goals

We had had 26 Shots, 10 on target, 0 CCCs, 60% possession, 2 goals - the 2nd in the 91st minute.

Do you use the home tactic against weaker/lower league teams? I used the away one until the last 10 minutes. Apologies if I missed it in the Original Posts. Plus, I know Silvestri isn't as good on this compared to real life, that's why I signed Andre Hansen, Is he any good to you guys, got strongly recommended on the Leeds Forum but he's always conceding like a schmuck. I tried to sign Amelia but he went elsewhere for less money.

My team by the way V Scunthorpe bare in mind that I had to rest half of the team due to the first game of the season

GK Hansen

DR Berardi

DRC Bellusci

DLC Pearce

DL White

DMC Austin

MRC Bianchi

MC Murphy

MLC Cook

SRC Montenegro

SLC Doukara

2-1 down at half time went 3-1 down on 54 mins so moved Bianchi to DM and Brought on a tired adryan in the RCM slot and Sharp on for Montenegro, Still couldn't hit a barn door, then I brought on Byram for the tiring Berardi thinking thats where most of our crossing comes from. Would anyone else have done anything different? I.e. Resting players? Most were about 88% Condition, I took Austin off cause he was on the magic number of Condition (69%).

Archived