FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good option for left full could be jonathan Silva (argie LB playing in Portugal with sporting I think)

Check out José Luis Gayá as well if you can't get Jonathan Silva. Silva's club is being an arse for me at accepting anywhere near a reasonable rate.

As IRL the main problem with LFC is trying to get all of your best players in their best positions in the team at the same time. Trying to find a formation that suits them all is difficult. Brendan has found this out.

The defence more or less takes care of itself, as does the CMd or anchorman. It is the attacking part which seems to cause the problems. We have the following, who I regard as the teams best players. Sturridge, Balotelli, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling, Markovic, Henderson, although, for me, he is not as good as last season, Lucas.

It seems impossible to have all of those players in their best positions in the first eleven at the same time, no matter which formation you choose. I am wondering if the best option is a wide 4-2-3-1 but I'm not completely convinced. How do others see it? I would be very interested to know.

I don't think you can fit them.

In the 3-1 using your suggested formation you could try playing Sturridge (lw) - coutinho (cam) - Sterling (rw) with Balotelli ahead, leaving you Markovic and Lallana as back-ups / rotation options. The only problem with that is Markovic seems to be one of the better players in the game this year, but as with the current real-life Liverpool team there is no good way to feature them all unless you use regular rotation.

As IRL the main problem with LFC is trying to get all of your best players in their best positions in the team at the same time. Trying to find a formation that suits them all is difficult. Brendan has found this out.

The defence more or less takes care of itself, as does the CMd or anchorman. It is the attacking part which seems to cause the problems. We have the following, who I regard as the teams best players. Sturridge, Balotelli, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling, Markovic, Henderson, although, for me, he is not as good as last season, Lucas.

It seems impossible to have all of those players in their best positions in the first eleven at the same time, no matter which formation you choose. I am wondering if the best option is a wide 4-2-3-1 but I'm not completely convinced. How do others see it? I would be very interested to know.

I use 4-2-3-1/4-2-4/4-3-3 and do find that everyone doesn't get to play although Lallana, Lambert, Enrique and Lucas have been poor and will be sold in the summer

Crazy game shame i lost 22b3dd5f8df664e15303c5b31289fc7a.png

I find Lallana quite effective when played, but he is just injured so much to the point he hardly ever is able to get 100%. He starts off injured and in my game has picked up 7 injures in the course of 1.5 seasons, all but one of them being 2 weeks + out.

Always keep him till he retires

I'm at end of first season and have not offered him a contract and was not planning on either however after reading discussions here I may have to rethink matters?! (that's if he will accept at this late stage)

R7Tgvmw.png

Just recieved a 60M bid for him, which was his transfer clause that I couldn't negotiate out of his contract.

And my no.1 target for replacing him, Berardi just signed for Real Madrid.

Sad times.

He was 1 year away from becoming HG.

Finished my 1st season came 5th in the league 2 pts off 4th, went out of domestic cups in qtrs and CL in group stage then euros in qtrs. Was sorting my tactics 1st season so was hoping for a top 4 finish but ahwell.

Sold Johnson (£9.5M) and Toure (525K) at start of season then in Jan brought in El Shaarawy (£12.5M)

has anyone found a good keeper to target from the start to replace Mignolet? or are you better off just improving your back up keeper at the start
I sell him in season 2 with either Koval or Horno don't rate him & IRL I don't rate him

Haven't been on the forum since FM14 good to see some familiar names still posting on the forum, think i will need a name change now the genius is gone.

Haven't played the Beta or Demo have Alienware laptop on its way any stand out players for Liverpool in this years game?

I sell him in season 2 with either Koval or Horno don't rate him & IRL I don't rate him

don't rate him either, good shot stopper and that's all.

want to replace him early but want it to be a long term buy who can go straight into the team.

I sold him straight away for £9.5M and purchased Horn for £3.8 M release clause figure. He has been very good and I am top of the league on New Years Day with only one defeat.

It all looks nicer on the ME but still issues with keepers rooted to the spot and attackers shooting into the side netting from the by-line when a man is unmarked on the six yard box.

I have Oblak coming at the end of the second season, hoping to pick up £15m or so for Mignolet, who won Golden Glove in the first season.

I have somehow managed to get the best out of Balotelli. He demanded to leave the club when he couldn't get into the first team for first 8 or 9 games of the season. Almost immediately afterwards, Sturridge and Lacazette got 2/3 month injuries, so I was forced to play Balo almost all of the time. Something clicked and he started scoring. He's not been amazingly consistent, but I praised him publicly and privately after he got 3 in 3, and un-transfer-listed him. The next day, Pochettino (still at Spurs) publicly spoke about him, so I responded by saying he was not available. Checked his morale, because I thought it might have been a bad idea, and it had shot up, from Fairly Good to Superb! Next game, he scores twice against Plzen to get us into the knockout stage of the Champions League. 3 days later, he's just got his second to put us 2-1 up against Newcastle. 15 minutes to go, and I have a week off before the next game. I'm going to leave him on. He deserves a hat-trick.

Also, Sturridge is now back from injury, so I've switched to a flat 4-4-2 against any teams that also play a flat midfield. Sterling and Depay on the wings, Allen and Delph - who will be replaced by Henderson when he gets back from injury - in the middle. It seems to be a good set-up.

Finally, I have deals for Oblak and Wanyama to sign at the end of the season. Signing them in January wouldn't work, my squad is full and it's tough to offload players in January when they aren't being chased.

Decided will start a new game tomorrow when the full release is out want to start fresh

haven't done more than 2 months in the beta. always wait for full release to start a new save

have 3 tactics saved and a transfer shortlist of about 150 players :). have an idea on the staff I want to bring in as well

haven't done more than 2 months in the beta. always wait for full release to start a new save

have 3 tactics saved and a transfer shortlist of about 150 players :). have an idea on the staff I want to bring in as well

Did 3 months in this save I'm mostly going for youth & devolp a team of champions

Did 3 months in this save I'm mostly going for youth & devolp a team of champions

that's going to be my plan as well. 1-2 over 21yo signings and the rest quality youth to develop into a great team

have 10-15 genuine targets in mind for the start that I want and a couple that I know I will have to wait for season 2 before going for.

haven't decided on the keeper and not sure how easy it is to sell Mignolet from the start so may just target a decent Number 2

Fullbacks - I will be selling Johnson as 15m is good money from the start. not sure about Enrique yet but in the Beta I did buy Rodriquez to leave my LB slot very strong so might do that. Danilo or De Sciglio are the 2 major buy options for RB

Centre backs - will sell toure and Skrtel and target Mussachio and Balanta from the off, Lovern will go in season 2 to allow for Ilori coming back

Midfield - this is where I have major youth targeted and will depend on funds. Lucas Silva, Lucas Romero, Saul & Ruben Neves along with my must buy of Veratti are all targets.

AMR/L - don't need much here really. will look at either Depay or Brandt from the start or maybe keep money and try for Rues in Jan

Striker - I might keep Borini for the first season unless there is a must buy youth from the off in the game. this is 1 area where I will wait for season 2 to make big changes, only sturridge will survive into season 2 in this area

and after typing that I think I have but far too much thought into my game already

I managed to hold on and win the league on the final day of the season. Utd ran with me from January onwards but ended up losing on the last day so i finished top by 5 points on 89 points.

We were the highest scorers on 92 but conceded 49. Stand out performers were Sturridge on 34 goals in all comps and Borini who hit 21 and 13 assists in 29 games.

Sterling was awful for me the first half of the season but came alight in the second half, contributing 15 goals and 16 assists. One thing i've noticed on this years beta i'm coming from behind to win games way too often. The amount of times i've been 2-0 down with 10-15 mins to go and then scoring 3 goals in the last 5-10 minutes of games is unbelievable...

We also won the Champions League after only just scraping through what should've been an easy group. All 4 English teams were in the Semi's, beating City 6-1 Away in the second leg to claim an 8-1 Aggregate win and beating Arsenal 4-3 in the Final...

At the start of the second season i've just won the community shield and Super cup before the start of the season.

Transfers in were Rulli and Inigo Martinez from Sociedad (both 25.5 million release clauses) and Depay for 23.5 million and Bakkali for free.

Transfers out were Enrique (10 mill) Allen (10 mill) Coates (3.6 Mill) Assaidi (3.3 mill) Alberto (4 mill) Lambert (600k) Ilori (13.5 mill) and Aspas (5.5 mill)

Every player that left has a 20% future fee (not profit) clause inserted also.

My starting 11 (4-4-2 with Romero holding, Hendo pushed slightly more forward and the wingers as IF's) will most likely be:

Rulli

Moreno, Balanta, Martinez Flanno/Clyne

Romero

Hendo

Depay Sterling

Sturridge Balotelli

Bench:

Sakho or Lovren, Clyne or Flanno, Gerrard, Tielemans, Coutinho, Origi, Borini

Gonna have some fun playing it today to see how the new signings pan out, but i'm thinking that won't be far off the team i look to put together tomorrow.

The only position i'm not 100% sure on is Balotelli. I have Origi back who looks promising and Ings was on fire when he joined in January.

started a season with liverpool yesterday, have only played 3/4 friendly games so far (including a tour of Uruguay) sold kolo toure to west brom, have offered out the likes of lambert, jones, johnson, mignolet, borini etc but no offers made for them yet (a bit of interest from a few clubs) ive only brought in 2 players so far - mastour from ac milan (very cheap but a great prospect imo) and delph from villa results havent been great in the few games ive played so far. lambert has been in brilliant form for me so i might keep him now.

not impressed with liverpool so far tbh, was either liverpool or southampton and i feel ive made the wrong choice.

Assistant manager choice?

Hi lads, since i sold Kolo Toure i am a bit short on central defenders and i looking for good young british/irish center halfs, can you guys name me a few? I tried Steven Caulker but Q.P.R do not want to sell him and i prefer "home grown players" hope you can help with a few names :)

Hi lads, since i sold Kolo Toure i am a bit short on central defenders and i looking for good young british/irish center halfs, can you guys name me a few? I tried Steven Caulker but Q.P.R do not want to sell him and i prefer "home grown players" hope you can help with a few names :)

Apart from the big names (Stones, Jones, Caulker, Chambers) the only other I can think of is Souttar, wont go straight into your team but good potential. Nathaniel Chalobah has good potential too but probably have to pay a whack for him

Gutted. Ended up losing the league by 2 points. I wasjoint top with two games to go but drew 2-2 with Everton at home. I went on to beat Burnley away but it wasn't mean to be. I only signed Dele Alli and Tielemans but sent him out on loan immediately.

Undecided whether to start from scratch tomorrow when the game is released or continue with my liverpool save.

Having a look through the editor and it seems a lot of the youth players from last version have been downgraded to -8s, Sinclair, Rossiter, Wilson, Ibe which irritates me beyond anything.

English youth have been downgraded across the board tbh.. in line with Englands recent-ish plight and co-efficients etc.

Archived