FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am balancing on a thin rope when it comes to squad happiness and approaching summer 2016, Gerrard's contract is coming to an end (100k/week currently). How have people on here handled his contract situation? Are you guys releasing him and if so, how are the fans and the squad reacting to that?

In the coach report of Gerrard it says that the fans have great affinity towards him, which is no surprise of course.

Ideally, I think it makes sense for the club to let him go at this point as he is declining and his coach stats are not that great.

Always keep him till he retires

Always keep him till he retires

In the end, I offered him a 45k/week one-year deal and he accepted. Pace and acceleration both 9 now, but last season when a lot of hate came my way because something like 4 different players wanted to move to Real Madrid, his morale was always very good and he actually played quite a lot of games for me in order to raise average moral of the first 11. We ended up wining both domestic cups and now the players are happier.

I only use classic to test tactics prefer the full version makes the game more real

Nah don't think it makes it anymore real myself, too much going on in the full game for me plus even if i wanted i wouldn't have time to play any saves with the full version. Prefer classic but each to there own i suppose, some like the full game some like classic.

Feb 14th and top of the league by 11 points in the first season. Just put 7 past Man Utd to put them out of the cup. Strurridge already on 31 goals (24 league) after 27 games. To be honest it's so easy it's not really enjoyable. How I long for some tense 1-0 leads, hanging on in injury time as they throw the kitchen sink.

Does probably mean that by release the game will be impossibly hard however!

Nah don't think it makes it anymore real myself, too much going on in the full game for me plus even if i wanted i wouldn't have time to play any saves with the full version. Prefer classic but each to there own i suppose, some like the full game some like classic.
Plus cant use the editor in the classic version might play it in the future if that happens reminds me of playing the old CM games :D

Transfers (2nd season) :

osTLTXh.png

Lucas Romero - upgrade on Lucas

qL101c1.png

Kevin Strootman - upgrade on Allen. Might be injury prone.

uSIVgRR.png

Jan Oblak - Valdes got homesick and I promised to let him leave next season.

9Tbzvzs.png

Nicolas Nkoulou - takes Kolo Toure's place in the team as 4th BB. Retraining RB for cover

vbHsCEe.png

Nicola Leali - 3rd goalkeeper

JJMDGW9.png

Walter Montillo - best tutor available. Model pro.

t4O1LNT.png

Sterling = God..

3rd season just finished.

Sterling 27 Goals, 14 Assists, 13 PoM, 7.67 Average.

That is League, not all competitions.

We won the EPL, Semi in ECC, Won CoC, Won ECS, Semi FA.

We only lost one EPL game, was late in season and had tired first team players. Scored 105 and conceded only 27, best attack and fence.

Sterling was best player, Sturridge netted 21 goals and Berardi 19.

Sterling = God..

3rd season just finished.

Sterling 27 Goals, 14 Assists, 13 PoM, 7.67 Average.

That is League, not all competitions.

We won the EPL, Semi in ECC, Won CoC, Won ECS, Semi FA.

We only lost one EPL game, was late in season and had tired first team players. Scored 105 and conceded only 27, best attack and fence.

Sterling was best player, Sturridge netted 21 goals and Berardi 19.

Where do you play him? Inside forward on the left wing matbe ?

Anyone tried Munir? Young striker from Barca (10.25) release clause, looks absolutely amazing, got In January but I'm yet to play him..

Apologies, I see Cesar has him (post 223)

He's not bad, but at the moment both Balotelli and Sturidge are really good and he got injured right when there were enough games for me to give him some time.

Started my second season after a great first one. It's been a little bumpier, sitting in 5th with 12 points from 7 games. Not great. I did make large changes at the back though - sold Albiol (£6m) and Skrtel (£9m), my two best centre backs in season 1 - and replaced them with Caulker, the promotion of Wisdom, and Balanta, who arrived in January. Skrtel had wanted to join City in January but got injured, and as he only had one year left I thought it was worth cashing in. Albiol had signed for £11.5m in the first summer, so it was a shame to lose him for so little. He had become unhappy. He was the stand-out defender through the first half of the season, but got injured. By the time he came back I had signed Balanta, and Skrtel had become a proper leader at the back. He couldn't get back in the team and got unhappy, forcing a move.

Adrien Rabiot and Fernando Pacheco (back up GK) came into the first team squad on free transfers. Zakkaria Bakkali and Dele Alli also joined but have gone out on loan for the season. Also sold Coates, Ilori, Aspas, Yesil and Assaidi for about £18m combined.

First team squad is now

GK - Mignolet, Pacheco

Mignolet has been OK, but is never amazing. I'll look to sign a better keeper at the end of the season.

RB - Johnson, Flanagan, Manquillo (still only on loan, not convinced)

LB - Moreno, Jose Enrique

Johnson and Jose Enrique were two of my best players in the first season. Has anyone else seen full backs get really high ratings, consistently?

CB - Balanta, Lovren, Caulker, Wisdom, Sakho

I like this group, feel like I could be well stocked for the next few seasons

Midfield - Gerrard, Lucas Leiva, Henderson, Delph, Allen, Rabiot

Decent, but not great, Henderson and Allen have been very good. I would like Gerrard to retire at the end of the season. I need someone better than Lucas Leiva. Delph is OK and English. Rabiot could be good. Emre Can is on loan at winless Villa.

Wingers - Sterling, Markovic, Depay (Borini, Lacazette)

Sterling and Depay have been great. Sterling as a Raumdeuter on the right, Depay as Inside Forward on the left. Still not convinced about Markovic. I would like to play Borini and Lacazette up front, but they get most of their minutes on the wings.

AMC/Playmaker - Lallana, Suso

Both have been excellent, scoring and making goals. I was slightly concerned about losing Coutinho in January, even though I was rarely playing with an AMC. These two made me change my tactics.

ST - Sturridge, Balotelli (Borini, Lacazette)

Sturridge has been regular if not prolific. Balotelli has been average and scores in bursts. Therefore, Balotelli gets the easy games when Sturridge needs a rest, keeping Lacazette and Borini on the wings. Balotelli has to go in January.

Good squad, I think. I extended Johnson's contract to 2017, as I'm still unsure about Manquillo and Johnson's form last season was excellent. Jose Enrique is in his last year. I'm holding off on a new contract because A) He was in such great form I thought he would want a pay rise and B) I want to have a look around in January because I don't think Moreno is goin go to be *amazing*.

And Balotelli has to go. Always siding with complaining players, always moaning about not playing but not doing anything when he does play. 1 in 3 goalscoring record. Not very happy.

Also, I drew Real Madrid and PSG in the group stages. Managed to beat Madrid 3-1 at Anfield, and followed it up by hammering Viktoria Plzen at their place to get that "tricky away fixture" out of the day. 2 wins in 2, with a +6 goal difference is good, but I'm about to go to the Parc des Princes 3 days after a gutting 1-1 draw with Arsenal.

Off work till thur and thought id have more time to play but been busy glenn mate ha, just at start of feb 1st season
Wont be on much because Advanced Warfare comes out tomorrow but might try more when the full release comes on friday

Started my second season after a great first one. It's been a little bumpier, sitting in 5th with 12 points from 7 games. Not great. I did make large changes at the back though - sold Albiol (£6m) and Skrtel (£9m), my two best centre backs in season 1 - and replaced them with Caulker, the promotion of Wisdom, and Balanta, who arrived in January. Skrtel had wanted to join City in January but got injured, and as he only had one year left I thought it was worth cashing in. Albiol had signed for £11.5m in the first summer, so it was a shame to lose him for so little. He had become unhappy. He was the stand-out defender through the first half of the season, but got injured. By the time he came back I had signed Balanta, and Skrtel had become a proper leader at the back. He couldn't get back in the team and got unhappy, forcing a move.

Adrien Rabiot and Fernando Pacheco (back up GK) came into the first team squad on free transfers. Zakkaria Bakkali and Dele Alli also joined but have gone out on loan for the season. Also sold Coates, Ilori, Aspas, Yesil and Assaidi for about £18m combined.

First team squad is now

GK - Mignolet, Pacheco

Mignolet has been OK, but is never amazing. I'll look to sign a better keeper at the end of the season.

Johnson and Jose Enrique were two of my best players in the first season. Has anyone else seen full backs get really high ratings, consistently?

Decent, but not great, Henderson and Allen have been very good. I would like Gerrard to retire at the end of the season. I need someone better than Lucas Leiva. Delph is OK and English. Rabiot could be good. Emre Can is on loan at winless Villa.

Sterling and Depay have been great. Sterling as a Raumdeuter on the right, Depay as Inside Forward on the left. Still not convinced about Markovic. I would like to play Borini and Lacazette up front, but they get most of their minutes on the wings.

Both have been excellent, scoring and making goals. I was slightly concerned about losing Coutinho in January, even though I was rarely playing with an AMC. These two made me change my tactics.

Sturridge has been regular if not prolific. Balotelli has been average and scores in bursts. Therefore, Balotelli gets the easy games when Sturridge needs a rest, keeping Lacazette and Borini on the wings. Balotelli has to go in January.

Good squad, I think. I extended Johnson's contract to 2017, as I'm still unsure about Manquillo and Johnson's form last season was excellent. Jose Enrique is in his last year. I'm holding off on a new contract because A) He was in such great form I thought he would want a pay rise and B) I want to have a look around in January because I don't think Moreno is goin go to be *amazing*.

And Balotelli has to go. Always siding with complaining players, always moaning about not playing but not doing anything when he does play. 1 in 3 goalscoring record. Not very happy.

Also, I drew Real Madrid and PSG in the group stages. Managed to beat Madrid 3-1 at Anfield, and followed it up by hammering Viktoria Plzen at their place to get that "tricky away fixture" out of the day. 2 wins in 2, with a +6 goal difference is good, but I'm about to go to the Parc des Princes 3 days after a gutting 1-1 draw with Arsenal.

I'd really recommend keeping an eye on Oblak as a keeping recommendation. Young, great stats and has a £17m release clause - cheap wages too.

First team squad is now

GK - Mignolet, Pacheco

How is Delph for you?

I've always wanted him, but he never turns out good enough to justify a place.

If anyone is looking for a similar, fast CM, I found this guy, Carlos Gruezo.

Younger and better in every way.

AWTOevT.png

OucPMMB.png

Suarez returns to Anfield for a 3-3 thriller.

5EkQrlW.gif

Question :

The gif above is 11 MBs. How is everyone's internet?

I usually post goals like this, but if the gifs are too big, I can also use another format like this, with the disadvantage that it takes an extra click.

I'd really recommend keeping an eye on Oblak as a keeping recommendation. Young, great stats and has a £17m release clause - cheap wages too.

Aha, he does look superb. I might put a bid in now, just in case he signs a new contract before the end of the season.

EDIT I've just submitted an acceptable contract offer. His initial request included a non-negotiable £33.5m release clause, which kind of sucks. However, I did manage to get rid of the 15% sell on fee, got his agent's fee down from £3.8m to £3m and his wages down from £88k/week to £70k/week. I think it's a decent contract, but it's going to take a pretty high weekly wage to get him to drop the release clause I think.

How much did you get Caulker for and when?

£13.75m. QPR were relegated, as expected. He looks good, though maybe not as good as on previous FMs. Only £45k wages though.

How is Delph for you?

I've always wanted him, but he never turns out good enough to justify a place.

Decent but rarely spectacular. He was brought in for solid, British cover, as he can cover both Henderson and Allen's positions. He averaged 7.09 in 15 league games last year, two goals and two yellow cards.

Also tying up a deal to sign Wanyama at the end of the season for £15m. Would really like Gerrard to retire, and I'll be aiming to shift Lucas Leiva too. Any suggestions for a left back? I'll probably let Jose Enrique run down his contract. Ideally someone of similar age and quality to Moreno so I can rotate nicely.

Update

I finally got around to the PSG away game after a lot of scouting and negotiation and tweaking. They were missing Zlatan, Cavani and Verratti. I decided to rotate for fitness, so started a front three of Markovic, Depay and Balotelli, really putting all my eggs in Depay, metaphorically speaking. My tweaks were poor, Moreno was skinned way too often by Lucas Moura, who got them two goals inside twenty minutes. I changed the game by focusing the attack on Balotelli rather than Depay, going more direct and using him as target for Depay and Markovic to run off. Markovic got me a goal back on 35 minutes (Huzzah!) through one of these plays.

The problem is, I was still 2-1 down after 75 minutes - which is fine - but I decided to go to 'Overload', I brought Rabiot on for Delph because Delph was knackered, and put Johnson on for Flanagan to give a bit more attacking impetus behind Markovic. Didn't change any of the forwards because we had created some good chances in the first 20 minutes of the second half. The only direct change on how the team would attack was going from Attacking to Overload. Watching on Extended Highlights, PSG had 5 good, if not clear cut, chances and I barely got out of my own half. I don't understand why this would happen; Balotelli was dominant in the air, the attacking players all had above 80% fitness, and PSG had no cause to attack, 2-1 up against a very good team, approaching their 2nd win from the first 3 Champions League games. There was no reason for them to attack, and yet their chances didn't even come from counterattacks, they were just dominant.

I'm not complaining that I lost 2-1. They had twice as many shots as we did, 57% possession, and they had a great first 30 and last 15 minutes. But, I don't understand why my team would go from being so dominant and threatening to apparently giving up the game. I was even doing encouraging touchline team talks, to see if they work.

I just don't get it.

Another Update

Balotelli just had a cracker, scoring both goals in a 2-1 win at Forest. Changed to 4-4-2 to fight their flat 4-5-1. He played like Didier Drogba in his prime, winning everything, trying every shot. Got a twenty-yarder from a good counter, and a really good header. I've got United in the League Cup in three days, I hope he is fit enough to start.

Also tying up a deal to sign Wanyama at the end of the season for £15m. Would really like Gerrard to retire, and I'll be aiming to shift Lucas Leiva too. Any suggestions for a left back? I'll probably let Jose Enrique run down his contract. Ideally someone of similar age and quality to Moreno so I can rotate nicely.

good option for left full could be jonathan Silva (argie LB playing in Portugal with sporting I think)

Archived