Anyone played a gane with all the leagues from all the nations?

And a large database? If so, what kind of Monster Machine did you use to pull it off. And does operating system affect it? I'm running fairly decent hardware on xp and keep hearing rumours that xp is capping just how much oomph my computer can deal with...

I tried it with my decent specced Dell laptop. It's an i7 quad, but probably one of the mobile chips that isn't quite as powerful. 8Gb RAM, but an OS that badly needs cleansed. I didn't give it much of a chance as I can't seem to settle on any save, let alone one that's a lot slower than I'm used to, but may try it come FM15.

My current save is around 190k players on a SMALL db while loading all default leagues (bar the Indonesian 3rd tier :D - which would bump my player count closer to 200,000).

ASUS laptop - i7 - 2670QM, 2.2 GHz, 6 GB ram. It's not as stable in 2031/32 (where I am now) than at the start of the game, but it's doable.

Large and loading every nation would be impossible on my system.

I run an all leagues save that has a 300,000ish person database in full detail on an i7-920 clocked to 4Ghz with 6GB of RAM running at 1600Mhz & an old school 7200rpm HDD, of course having a nice new Haswell-E would be ideal (I'm planning to get one next month) but it is not a must to run an all leagues save.

A season can be done in a little over 24 hours of play if I paid full attention to FM when it's running.

Looking forward to see if the Haswell-E would outperform the 4790k on FM!

You just need a computer with a decent processor like an i7-5960X

Pretty decent mid-high range graphics card.

I'd bump the ram to 16gb

SSD would be a must

Also make sure it has an excellent cooling system.

Decent processor "like the 5960x"............... Seeing its the best intel has to offer right now its a bit more then decent.

Mid-high end gpu...... not a chance adding more leagues doe snot make the game require higher end GPU. I am running a 5770 and I can run everything on high no problems at all. so a LOW end gpu.

16gb ram, seeing that FM< can only adress roughly 3.2gb of ram being a 32bit program, 16gb is mad over kill. 8gb is almost too much as well seeing that it would leave you roughly 4.8gb of unaddressed memory for the OS to use.

ssd would be a huge help with load times, but not much else.

Why have an excellent cooling system? Stock fans on a non overclocked CPU are tested in factory for 24 hour run times at full throttle so they can withstand the heat from a un OC'd cpu.

Yeh it's 32 bit at the moment - nothing to say it won't be 64 bit in November or in a years time.

More RAM in case you might like to play other games, or watch a video online while playing FM, or do something else high-end while playing FM - who knows.... but if you've got 8gb RAM - 2gb is used on OS, 3.2gb on FM, leaving 2.8gb for other activities on the computer - why not get a bit extra?

Nice graphics card in case you'd like to play other games... or in 5 years time FM might have better graphics that was my only line of thought there. I'm fully aware fm doesn't have amazing graphics, but I wouldn't want to split the gpu within the cpu if you were multitasking

Excellent cooling system so that the processor doesn't overheat - a lot of leagues, every nation, and every club, with a huge database of players, that's a massive amout of processing, you want your processor to run at it's best speed, even overclocking where possible. It won't overclock if it's overheating.

All of the above - why would spend €2k on the above and not go with slightly above normal for a bit extra and future proof the computer.

Every computer I've bought has lasted well over 10 years.

Eugene Tyson always suggests doubling up on RAM, I'm starting to think he works for Crucial Memory*. :D

*Other companies are available.

Can't beat a bit'o-ram

Honestly, I was never a believer in it until I put 32gb into my current computer, which is an i7 4770 - and I couldn't be happier. But I do graphic design as well so it's good for me to have plenty of RAM to share about all my applications.

The more programs you have on the computer the more the RAM is loaded on booting - why not have in excess? It's a beautiful thing to just turn on the computer and it's ready to go.

SSD really helps.

Decent processor "like the 5960x"............... Seeing its the best intel has to offer right now its a bit more then decent.

I'm well aware it's their best one - why would I point to one that's 2nd best?

Will everyone forgive me for saying the word "decent" - thanks.

i7-3820 @3.6GHZ

8GB RAM

3TB HDD 7200rpm

I've loaded 144k players and i'm in 2061 now.

I did not start off with that though. I just decided to complete my original setup with all leagues not too long ago.

Have played somewhere between 7-10 seasons (i think).

There are a few slowdowns when clicking on staff members, job centre (depending on which league i'm managing in) and June 30th.

In spite of the few slowdowns it actually goes rather smoothly.

I have the detail levels set on default.

So if there aren't any major changes in the minimum specs for FM2015 i'll probably start off with all leagues from the start next time. Hoping it'll last me a year.

Yeh it's 32 bit at the moment - nothing to say it won't be 64 bit in November or in a years time.

More RAM in case you might like to play other games, or watch a video online while playing FM, or do something else high-end while playing FM - who knows.... but if you've got 8gb RAM - 2gb is used on OS, 3.2gb on FM, leaving 2.8gb for other activities on the computer - why not get a bit extra?

Nice graphics card in case you'd like to play other games... or in 5 years time FM might have better graphics that was my only line of thought there. I'm fully aware fm doesn't have amazing graphics, but I wouldn't want to split the gpu within the cpu if you were multitasking

Excellent cooling system so that the processor doesn't overheat - a lot of leagues, every nation, and every club, with a huge database of players, that's a massive amout of processing, you want your processor to run at it's best speed, even overclocking where possible. It won't overclock if it's overheating.

All of the above - why would spend €2k on the above and not go with slightly above normal for a bit extra and future proof the computer.

Every computer I've bought has lasted well over 10 years.

I have a decent idea that FM won't be 64 bit in November or even next year, the gpu is easily upgradable at a later date so why bother adding something to the cost now that you don't actually need right NOW? All it seems you have done is picked the best of everything and just saying "go with that"

2011 MacBook Pro i7 2.7GHz

8Gb RAM

SSD

227000 players loaded with custom J-League contents added and all continental players retained. Runs relatively fine and now in 2025. The speed is acceptable (or shall I say, I have never run less than all leagues since the option of multi-league save!) I always remove low leagues globally when I am sure I am not going to visit those levels so it may help with the long term run, but at the moment all leagues are still loaded in 2025.

Somehow crash dump is non-existent in OSX version and very happy with the setup :D

Personally I'd only recommend running an all leagues save on a desktop, the limited cooling capabilities of most laptops would always concern me.

In general, I agree - but I am running all nations/leagues, huge (advanced) data base, on a laptop with a desktop Core i7 920 processor in it, with no heating issues at all. SSD and 6 GB RAM. Granted, it's not a "regular" laptop :p

But there are plenty of other laptops on the market that I'm pretty sure could handle the stress and the heat ... depends on the budget and the quality.

Btw; game speed is sufficient, for me, but more impatient gamers may think otherwise.

I have a decent idea that FM won't be 64 bit in November or even next year, the gpu is easily upgradable at a later date so why bother adding something to the cost now that you don't actually need right NOW? All it seems you have done is picked the best of everything and just saying "go with that"

Would you rather I pick the worst of everything? If I had, people would nitpick at that.

Who cares - give your own opinion.

Definition of forum.

Haswell i5 would be more than enough for fm, even ivy bridge and the best range of processors aren't exactly value for money. 8gb ram is more than enough since fm is only optimised for 32 bit, 16gb is overkill and by quite a margin. Even the idea of adding a medium/high end gpu for fm is laughable when even the integrated chip on the haswell line cpu is good enough, buying something just because it's the best or most expensive is generally not the best idea as they are aimed at a specific audience and games are aimed at the most general audience allowing as many people as possible to play.

Thanks for the replies folks. Shelling out roughly 3k Euro on a new rig I'm picking up tomorrow :-D I've gotten my I-5 xp antique to run the game with all leagues in full detail and max database to mid desember. Highly unstable and crashes a lot, but doable if you are stubborn enough. I have to save and exit the game before every match, otherwise it crashes on leaving match

The 920 was amazing. It helped that the X58 chipset was pretty bulletproof.

It is worth upgrading to a 970 if a cheap one appears. I've gone through a 920,970,2600K,3770 soon to be 4790 and although the memory bandwidth of the xBridge stuff is amazing, the heavyweight core benefits of a 970 still give good results.

Although the 5960X is as much of an improvement over the 920 as the 920 was over a Q6600, so if you win the lottery or lose a great Aunt, go for it.

I'll put my daily job knowledge away now.

I think that's the route most of us took. P3, Thunderbird, AMD X2, Q6600, 920. If you're only discussing 3D Games, a Pentium Anniversary will match anything you bring to the party. But the 60GB/s bandwidth of the new Haswell-E, alongside the Xeon-like threading performance, just can't be beaten. Especially in titles like FM. REALLY interested in how the hexcore Haswell-E goes. But that's enough of my OC3D journalism.

• 2 weeks later...
Eugene Tyson always suggests doubling up on RAM, I'm starting to think he works for Crucial Memory*. :D

*Other companies are available.

well, I had 4Gb, now I have 16Gb and seeing FM takes something under 2Gb makes me sad, probably I should look to use RAM-drive shadow-copy to speed-up savegame

I play with all leagues and all enabled

i5 2320, 8gb ram and GTX560

really?

what db size though?

I play with about 15 loaded (with a i5 2400 instead, but identical others) and it can be laggy at times - probably more due to the 240k players i've loaded though :p

I think that's the route most of us took. P3, Thunderbird, AMD X2, Q6600, 920. If you're only discussing 3D Games, a Pentium Anniversary will match anything you bring to the party. But the 60GB/s bandwidth of the new Haswell-E, alongside the Xeon-like threading performance, just can't be beaten. Especially in titles like FM. REALLY interested in how the hexcore Haswell-E goes. But that's enough of my OC3D journalism.

You do realise the xeon is essentialy an i7 with the grafix disabled, which is no problem if you have a gpu and is significantly cheaper.

The new intel chips are quicker mostly due to memory bandwidth and bigger cache.

Archived