The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

Second yellow card. Two fouls in quick succession, both yellow card offences. He could feel hard done by that you don't often see a player booked so quickly after the previous yellow card, but how often do we spend time lamenting referees for being lenient on players that do it?

Yeh just seen the second yellow again and looked much more like a yellow card so I take that back.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have the same couple of standout players in the final third as most good European teams right now but the real credit needs to go to that defence. Williams and Collins are giants. Davies was vital out in Andorra. Taylor leaves everything out on the pitch and Gunter raises his game when he plays with them. We've let in two goals in five games and one of those was a joke penalty against the Andorrans.

That's the platform that gets you into a final championship. We know we have the potential to score goals with players like Ramsey and Bale but in terms of defence I think we're probably on terms with the Belgians. It's going to be us and them in the top two.

Bosnia is £180 flights atm so tempted. I've been to holland and Belgium out of the last 4, got a credit for Israel as my dad's mate went but am missing Andorra. Don't think anyone who doesn't have Andorra will get one but I'm hopeful. I want to be over there anyway tbh. Tempted to book up

Didn't expect the tickets to sell out so quickly. Ought to have bought earlier in the week, but a stag this weekend had me thinking I'd wait until Monday. Oh well. Glad we've sold out though.

I may have a spare. Won't know until closer to the time but yours if it is free.

A win against Belgium and you might be seeded for the world cup draw :D

Apparently up to 22nd in the rankings. Amazing :thup:

• 3 months later...

Well happy with that group. Only two other groups I'd have slightly preferred and think we're capable of beating all of them.

The list of fixtures is also very favourable. Similar to this time around with a decent start before two tough games back to back in the middle - Ireland and Serbia away. Not a bad end either.

Can't wait! France would be better for a trip etc and it'll be carnage as it's the first major tournament in 58 years but Wales at a WC is still the ultimate dream for me!!

Austria and a Friday night in Dublin is going to have to be done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bale is flying, 2 goals and an assist. Rambo mom, need Taylor and Ashley, Ashley Williams to come through tomorrow

Doubts over HRK and Chester, everyone else seems to have come through

Could be heading into the most momentous week for Welsh football in nearly 60 years

Is chops in Cyprus already? :D

Archived