The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Owain Fôn Williams (Tranmere Rovers ), Danny Ward (Liverpool), Ashley Williams (Swansea City), James Chester (Hull City), James Collins (West Ham United), Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Paul Dummett (Newcastle United), Neil Taylor (Swansea City), Sam Ricketts (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Chris Gunter (Reading), Adam Matthews (Celtic), Danny Gabbidon (Cardiff City), Emyr Huws (Wigan Athletic), Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), Joe Allen (Liverpool), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace - on loan at Ipswich Town), Lee Evans (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), David Cotterill (Birmingham City), George Williams (Fulham), Tom Lawrence (Leicester City), Jake Taylor (Reading), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)

As good a squad as I can remember in recent times. Lacking a GK but ah well.

Shall be watching this weekend's football from behind the sofa!!

Not particularly. Doesn't fill me with confidence, I preferred myhill. He did well against Bosnia tho. Always remember that goal he conceded v Norway in speeds last game! Puts me on edge

**** that he's not playing as well. Don't like to wish injuries on people but when speroni went off last week I was hoping he'd be out for a few weeks so he could play ahead of Belgium.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29949384

Wenger agrees with me, so maybe I was wrong :D

In all honesty we can talk about how good he has been in the past and everything but all I'm saying is he needs to step it up a bit. Perhaps he's just one of those confidence players? He's going to be streaky for his whole career I think.

Could do with him blowing hot not cold in the next game.

Think kompany is touch and go

As much as I like joniesta, not too bothered as I wouldn't have started him. Would've been nice to have him off the bench if we were chasing a goal but other decent options. Ashley Williams went down twice in the swans game which wasn't great but seemed alright!

Bosnia struggling for strikers against Israel. Hopefully is 0-0.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29949384

Wenger agrees with me, so maybe I was wrong :D

In all honesty we can talk about how good he has been in the past and everything but all I'm saying is he needs to step it up a bit. Perhaps he's just one of those confidence players? He's going to be streaky for his whole career I think.

Could do with him blowing hot not cold in the next game.

Not sure Ramsey is streaky his issue at the moment is he is trying too hard and to do too much. Needs to go back to breaking the play up and then running into the box late

All true. I've never seen our players put in such a complacent, almost uninterested performance though. And what's with Mertens' no look passes? It was fun at first, but he's been doing it every game since Andorra, at Napoli as well.

Line-up confirmed.

Wayne Hennessey - (Crystal Palace)

Chris Gunter - (Reading)

Ashley Williams - (Swansea City)

James Chester - (Hull City)

Neil Taylor - (Swansea City)

Joe Ledley - (Crystal Palace)

Joe Allen - (Liverpool)

Aaron Ramsey - (Arsenal)

David Cotterill - (Birmingham City)

Gareth Bale - (Real Madrid)

Hal Robson-Kanu - (Reading)

C'mon Cymru!!!!

Subs

Danny Ward - (Liverpool)

Owain Fôn Williams - (Tranmere Rovers)

Ben Davies - (Tottenham Hotspur)

Paul Dummett - (Newcastle United)

Danny Gabbidon - (Cardiff City)

Emyr Huws - (Wigan Athletic)

Tom Lawrence - (Leicester City)

Sam Ricketts - (Wolves)

Adam Matthews - (Celtic)

Jake Taylor - (Reading)

James Collins - (West Ham United)

George Williams - (Fulham)

• 4 months later...

You going? :D I'm settling for Cyprus

Squad announced yesterday, great to see Vokes back but Chester is a huge miss I think

Always say this but this is such a massive game, any kind of result out there and things really are starting to look good

Really wish Bale didn't have the clasico on Sunday night, will be watching with everything crossed

I'm not going, couldn't afford it. Gutted now :(

Happy enough with the squad, I'd go 451/433 with Gunter - Collins - Williams - Taylor at the back. Not Collins' biggest fan but the best option with Chester out.

Presuming Coleman's comments about Vokes not being fit enough to play 90 are mindgames as he played 87 minutes for burnley against Man City last week and should definitely be starting next week. Bale and HRK either side.

Ramsey seems to be back in his rhythm at just the right time along with Allen who's playing his best football since joining Liverpool.

Real shame about George Williams tearing ACL.

Big plus is the under-21 squad. Players like Harry Wilson, Declan John, Jordan Williams and Lee Evans etc all chosen. So excited/nervous!!

He did get kicked out of revs one night though when 90% of the welsh squad was in there. David Edwards ended up buying us drinks and I woke up with his bank card. Messy night. Think other less successful countries were having friendlies Etc but super Chris the master of team chemistry organised a **** up instead

Bale is the daddy. :cool:

Harsh red though

Second yellow card. Two fouls in quick succession, both yellow card offences. He could feel hard done by that you don't often see a player booked so quickly after the previous yellow card, but how often do we spend time lamenting referees for being lenient on players that do it?

Archived