*Official* FM 13 Update 13.2.3 - Match Engine v1339 Constructive Discussion & Feedback

It is only since this patch I have had a high percentage of set piece goals conceded, but of course that doesn't rule out that I can make a change to stop it.

It's actually a fairly simple change that gives you an extra marker in the area without losing the out ball for counter attacks, got to love the tactical light-bulb moments when they work out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to give some constructive opinion of mine but then I would have to write a whole new book, sorry.

What I can do is - Has anyone ever watched a full game? I dare ANYONE at SI to watch the FULL GAME. It just exposes absurdity of this ME. Irrational top-level players kicking the ball like they're 8yo at most. They don't have idea what to do, they know only one thing - at this action they can't score and they do the most to achieve their target (kick the ball outside the field with no reason or run straight into opposition player to lose the ball). This is not even near a real football.

They don't have idea what to do, they know only one thing - at this action they can't score and they do the most to achieve their target (kick the ball outside the field with no reason or run straight into opposition player to lose the ball.

So they can only do one thing, and they can't score - so how do you account for all the goals?

It is very clear the 3d visualisation of the ME doesn't look much like real football, but it is in my opinion a decent whack at it, and your comment goes beyond opinion and into the realms of nonsense, helping no-one.

I'd love to give some constructive opinion of mine but then I would have to write a whole new book, sorry.

What I can do is - Has anyone ever watched a full game? I dare ANYONE at SI to watch the FULL GAME. It just exposes absurdity of this ME. Irrational top-level players kicking the ball like they're 8yo at most. They don't have idea what to do, they know only one thing - at this action they can't score and they do the most to achieve their target (kick the ball outside the field with no reason or run straight into opposition player to lose the ball). This is not even near a real football.

Assume you're commenting on the 3D animation rather than the ME then? The animation will show the ball being kicked off the pitch because a player missed a pass (this does happen) or running into an opposition because he was tackled (this does happen). This is just like real football, the only problem is the 3D animation you're watching doesn't translate the ME correctly. If the 3D animation was as good looking as something like FIFA, and could show a players anguish at missing a pass, or the opposition attempt at removing the ball from an attacker, we wouldn't have half the complaints. The fact is the animation is still relatively new and needs work to accurately reflect what the ME is telling it.

I see that Herbert Fandel, one united etc. are still defending the game like everything was perfect. Seriously, how much do SI pay you? Also, I see you have a new defense strategy for the ME - its not the ME that is poor, its the animation! Yeah, sure. Now tell me something guys, if the animation is bad and the commentary is obviously misinforming and the statistics also lie often how are we supposed to play the game? The game will never look like real football but the flaws in this edition are shocking and yet you constantly disregard other people's feedback and say - I don't see this in my game or it's your tactics. Do yourself and us a favour and watch some real football. This game kooks like a different sport. The new patch did not fix anything, it just made the flaws less pronounced. This game has never been more than a beta and we all pay for it.

I'm not saying everything is perfect. I never have. There are still ways it can be improved. However, when people say the game is unplayable others will step in. The comments regarding the animation were offering an answer as to why a player might kick the ball out, for example. I mean, this does happen in football, right?

Last night I watched the United v Reading game. I saw players kicking it out by mistake. Players bumping into each other. Defenders being out of position. Poor marking. Poor defending. Poor attacking movement. If any of this happens in game it's a bug. You would be crying the Reading goal being a bug because the long ball forwards was watched by the United defenders except for one following the attacker. The other defenders stopped and watched it on the edge of the area letting another attacker roam free. When the ball was played back into the area, the attacker was all alone whilst two United defenders stood there and watched. Buttner eventually tried to tackle but it was too late. This was poor defending. I've seen similar in the game; static defending, poor marking and positional play.

You want the game to be perfect and all formations and tactics to work as they should then you're going to be moving much further away from real football than we are now. Real football isn't perfect. It never is and never will be.

The ME and the 3D engine need work. No one is denying that. However, a lot of the constructive criticism is lost amongst hyperbole. When people come out with 'all my players are injured' or 'opposition always scores from corners' or players are 'always getting sent off', this doesn't help because it's pure exaggeration.

There is no point in posting here as some members are obviously protégés and can write and insult anyone while the "mortals" have comments deleted for nothing. Now go ahead and ban me, Mr. Moderator, enjoy your "discussion".
This thread is full of criticism of the game, about 12 pages of it. Your post made a number of factually incorrect accusations. That doesn't equate to "nothing"

Really enjoying the patch SI :thup:

Not getting an excessive amount of injuries and havn't seen one red card in 10 games despite 7 of my players closing down lots and being told to tackle hard (just saying because a few other posters have said they have excessive injuries / red cards).

Something happened that I hadn't even seen in the 2012 match engine (wich I often acused of cheating :p)

I'm Anderlecht, I'm playing a slow tempo passing tactick, againsty Bayern Munich, all goes well right untill the first 5 minutes of the second half where Bayern scores a dubious 1-0 from a dubious corner (My defender had plenty time and space to pass the ball instead of giving away a corner but like a bumbling idiot turned and shot the goal into the stands)

Annyway I got 2 situations where I SHOULD have scored but ME weirdness happend and I actually threw my monitor on the floor (thank god it's not broken, don't know why but this game allways makes me violent towards my surroundings) annyway here are the two situations:

Bruno receives a great pass all he has to do is walk on to the goal and put it behind the goal keeper as he's alone. Instead he decides to shoot from waaaaaaaaaaaay outside the box chance ruined.

Second even weirder situation:

close to the edge of the box, Vargas gets a great through ball and is through on goal, goalkeeper rushes out and Vargas goes past him, STOPS and lets the ball roll on giving time to the Bayern defenders who somehow suddenly got super speed or teleport abillities to kick the ball away.

What the **** is that? I've been playing this same match for 3 days now for ****s sake and it's allways some freak occurence that kills me

I've noticed a bizarre increase in 'lobbed' passes. Especially into the box with. The players seem very skillful to constantly bring these passes down for one thing, but its usually easier to slot a ground pass through the middle than it is to lob all the time...
I've noticed this too, my players definitely discovered L1 + ∆ since the last update

It still doesn't look especially realistic though, to happen too often with a near complete absence of incisive ground through balls. At least it stops people complaining that the defenders didn't intercept the ball as it trundles past within 50cm of their legs though...

Perhaps this is why they are so prevalent? ;)

Something happened that I hadn't even seen in the 2012 match engine (wich I often acused of cheating :p)

I'm Anderlecht, I'm playing a slow tempo passing tactick, againsty Bayern Munich, all goes well right untill the first 5 minutes of the second half where Bayern scores a dubious 1-0 from a dubious corner (My defender had plenty time and space to pass the ball instead of giving away a corner but like a bumbling idiot turned and shot the goal into the stands)

Annyway I got 2 situations where I SHOULD have scored but ME weirdness happend and I actually threw my monitor on the floor (thank god it's not broken, don't know why but this game allways makes me violent towards my surroundings) annyway here are the two situations:

Bruno receives a great pass all he has to do is walk on to the goal and put it behind the goal keeper as he's alone. Instead he decides to shoot from waaaaaaaaaaaay outside the box chance ruined.

Second even weirder situation:

close to the edge of the box, Vargas gets a great through ball and is through on goal, goalkeeper rushes out and Vargas goes past him, STOPS and lets the ball roll on giving time to the Bayern defenders who somehow suddenly got super speed or teleport abillities to kick the ball away.

What the **** is that? I've been playing this same match for 3 days now for ****s sake and it's allways some freak occurence that kills me

I would love it if you uploaded some custom highlights of this game. Please do.

I alt+f4 out of every game as soon as I am behind and start over because I can't handle the tention for watching the rest of the game it hurts my head and heart and I think it's a waste of time to continue watching a lost match that I'm going to play again annyway, Also I think I just bruised my pinkie on my keyboard after the gazilionth screw up by my team.

about the lobbed passes, they annoy the hell out of me, Anderlecht in real life rely on through ball ground passes in the short spaces Not stupid lobs, and I've seen players lobbing in this game waste good opportunities, where a through ball over the ground would send players through on goal

Whilst you are free to play the game however you see fit, the way in which you play it does lead to questions as to how you hope to develop the tactical nous required to increase your chances of not going behind.

By reading up on other peoples tactics and tweaking downloaded tactics, It's becomming too complicated since fm2011 or so that was the last game in wich I was able to create a good tactic.

Problem with fm2013 is that it's hard to get certain philosophies translated to the ME like defend with the ball by passing it around (because players don't listen or make silly mistakes like standing still so the oponent can grab it from them) in my game versus Bayern, I'd prefer to watch my 2 central defenders and goalkeeper to pass the ball between them for 90 minutes rather than giving the ball away and giving Bayern a chance to score.

But the players don't understand this and the central defender who I had to put on the field (due to injuries my 5th choice had to play) just keeps playing long balls that go nowhere eventhough his passing is set at the shortest

This time I managed to score! yay, only to have my important DCM get an injury directly after that and Bayern scoring 2 right then and there needless to say: ALT+f4

And time to play that match again....

I have, Biglia, Vargas, Litmanen, Mathias Suarez, Yakovenko, Gillet and Bram nuytinck on the pitch and still Bayern walks over us as if we are an amateur league team it's ridiculous to watch Ribery walk past 3 men, or Gomez score as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

And the acuracy of their passes and ease of their through balls, it drives me insane

And the acuracy of their passes and ease of their through balls, it drives me insane
Sometimes I think the AI managers in my current save must be the same.

With him thinking the AI do too well, and you thinking your human team do too well, it is almost as if the ME doesn't know the difference between human and AI managers, and what you see on the pitch is a result of who has the better players/tactics combination.

Again, Chris_l is entirely free to play how he wants, but I don't see how anyone who quits after losing can hope to improve their teams performances, as the weaknesses are carried over from match to match, and it is only by replaying until the random factors go in your favour that you win. If you were to play properly and improve your tactics in reponse to conceding goals, then your tactics would get better and the occasions on which you conceded goals would greatly diminish, meaning less rage and less restarting for you.

Again though, play how you want.

just keeps playing long balls that go nowhere eventhough his passing is set at the shortest

Passing Style (short to long) is really badly worded. The correct name of this slider should be Passing Range. Imagine a circle with a certain radius around each player. The more the slider is to the right, the bigger that radius is. This means that you really did screw that game up yourself, since if there are no other players within a few meters of your central defenders, they have no other choice but to boot it as far away as possible when closed down. Your central defender was actually following your instructions to the letter...

This is where WWfan's advice is very handy. If you do not know what each slider does not only on its own but together with all the other sliders, do not touch them! When you download someone else's tactic, you have no clue why the settings are like they are, and any change you do to that tactic are as likely to upset everything as to fix things.

Open the TC, choose 442 (flat), don't change anything. Set the roles and duties to Full Back R/L Support, Central Defender DCL/DCR Defend, Wide Midfielder R/L Support/Attack (or vice versa), Central Midfielder MCR/MCL Support/Defend (or vice versa), Advanced Forward Attack FCL and Deep-Lying Forward FCR Support (or vice versa). Do not tick off any special instructions like Target Man or Playmaker, Offside Trap and Counter-Attack. Do not use Cover/Stopper.

That is, don't experiment with such things -yet-. This is a good starting point because SI has pretty much guaranteed that this setup is NOT a screwup. Granted, it should make no difference at all tactically, but at least it shouldn't be flawed in any way.

So then you know that if you still get absolutely awful performances from your players there are other things than tactics at play. FM has three "modes": tactics, squad building and team/man management. It is a fact that the last one of those three is outright sabotaged in the beginning of the game because of the idea that a new manager will have to earn the trust of his players before they will listen to him and do what he says. The sabotage-phase lasts as long as the manager's reputation is lower than that of the players and/or the club's, and the players haven't won anything under him yet.

Passing Style (short to long) is really badly worded. The correct name of this slider should be Passing Range. Imagine a circle with a certain radius around each player. The more the slider is to the right, the bigger that radius is. This means that you really did screw that game up yourself, since if there are no other players within a few meters of your central defenders, they have no other choice but to boot it as far away as possible when closed down. Your central defender was actually following your instructions to the letter...
The analysis of the situation is right, putting your players in situations with inappropriate settings is the main reason for those hoofs or long shots, etc... although the passing slider works differently IIRC. Short passing means short, direction irrelevant, direct passing means forward passing. That link describes it better than I can: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/193921-difference-between-direct-and-short-pass?p=4932721&viewfull=1#post4932721

This is where WWfan's advice is very handy. If you do not know what each slider does not only on its own but together with all the other sliders, do not touch them! When you download someone else's tactic, you have no clue why the settings are like they are, and any change you do to that tactic are as likely to upset everything as to fix things.

Open the TC, choose 442 (flat), don't change anything. Set the roles and duties to Full Back R/L Support, Central Defender DCL/DCR Defend, Wide Midfielder R/L Support/Attack (or vice versa), Central Midfielder MCR/MCL Support/Defend (or vice versa), Advanced Forward Attack FCL and Deep-Lying Forward FCR Support (or vice versa). Do not tick off any special instructions like Target Man or Playmaker, Offside Trap and Counter-Attack. Do not use Cover/Stopper.

That is, don't experiment with such things -yet-. This is a good starting point because SI has pretty much guaranteed that this setup is NOT a screwup. Granted, it should make no difference at all tactically, but at least it shouldn't be flawed in any way.

So then you know that if you still get absolutely awful performances from your players there are other things than tactics at play. FM has three "modes": tactics, squad building and team/man management. It is a fact that the last one of those three is outright sabotaged in the beginning of the game because of the idea that a new manager will have to earn the trust of his players before they will listen to him and do what he says. The sabotage-phase lasts as long as the manager's reputation is lower than that of the players and/or the club's, and the players haven't won anything under him yet.

He had short options, the goalkeeper, or the other central defender. And he wasn't closed down, it's just that wasylewski has a long pass ppm. But it's impossible to get it out of his system in 2 days.

Going to solve it by putting the players that need rest on the pitch anyway

Assume you're commenting on the 3D animation rather than the ME then? The animation will show the ball being kicked off the pitch because a player missed a pass (this does happen) or running into an opposition because he was tackled (this does happen). This is just like real football, the only problem is the 3D animation you're watching doesn't translate the ME correctly. If the 3D animation was as good looking as something like FIFA, and could show a players anguish at missing a pass, or the opposition attempt at removing the ball from an attacker, we wouldn't have half the complaints. The fact is the animation is still relatively new and needs work to accurately reflect what the ME is telling it.

Um this is just an excuse. What use is a 3D Match Engine if it doesnt show the player exactly what is happening? All this does is show that after 3 patches and 4 months we are STILL Beta testing FM13. Its a poor state of affairs and thats being kind. If it doesnt translate correctly then the ME is still flawed no matter how you dress it up.

I wonder if it is even possible to have a combination of the FifaManager 3D view & the FM match engine without the game only be available to high-end PC/Mac users?

EA hasn't been able to pull it off as their match engine does not calculate a full 90 minute match (all it calculate is the 6 minutes that you watch, it's laughable) & of course SI hasn't because the 3D view is rather limited in what it can display even though the full match is there.

What this game needs is a way to take control of the players because there's too much stupid actions. I've been trying to beat Bayern for 3 days now, that same game would be won by me on fifa 10000 times It's insane how my players fail to see good openings and fail to exploit space.

And don't tell me to change tactics, I'm training everyone's ppm in service of the Spain/barcelona 4-6-0 system I want to see since the start of the season, I can't change everything now.

I'm close to mental breakdown over this game, starting to bite myself and my psoriasis (stress related skin affliction) has acted up like never before since I have this game. I'm getting red spots and wounds in the face wich is a new one for me.

Would this be a bug?

[video=youtube;ZAc8JooS3MY]

Maybe this one?

[video=youtube;Im_sME-zlQA]

Concidering the latest gambling/bribing scandal, i might verry well be a "bug" the bribe bug

The analysis of the situation is right, putting your players in situations with inappropriate settings is the main reason for those hoofs or long shots, etc... although the passing slider works differently IIRC. Short passing means short, direction irrelevant, direct passing means forward passing. That link describes it better than I can: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/193921-difference-between-direct-and-short-pass?p=4932721&viewfull=1#post4932721

I have seen no evidence that the passing slider affects direction. That is up to mentality, tempo and time wasting. Creative freedom is a flair boost, making players ignore instructions to try "creative" stuff and increases fluidity. If you set passing to Long (20), he will simply look farther away for passing options as a rule. It is of course true that for a defender, the strikers are farther away and thus he tends to pass forwards, but two strikers set to Long passing will also look for wingers and midfielders etc - not only straight forward.

As constructive feedback goes, these things should be clarified in-game.

I wonder if it is even possible to have a combination of the FifaManager 3D view & the FM match engine without the game only be available to high-end PC/Mac users?

EA hasn't been able to pull it off as their match engine does not calculate a full 90 minute match (all it calculate is the 6 minutes that you watch, it's laughable) & of course SI hasn't because the 3D view is rather limited in what it can display even though the full match is there.

Fifa is all eye candy though. The quality of 3D view in FM is all about animations and the physics model. It doesn't have to look like fifa, indeed the models do not even have to be any different to the ones they have right now. There's room for lightyears of improvement without it ever having to strain the hardware too much. Especially as the thing right now is really poorly optimised.

What this game needs is a way to take control of the players because there's too much stupid actions. I've been trying to beat Bayern for 3 days now, that same game would be won by me on fifa 10000 times It's insane how my players fail to see good openings and fail to exploit space.

And don't tell me to change tactics, I'm training everyone's ppm in service of the Spain/barcelona 4-6-0 system I want to see since the start of the season, I can't change everything now.

I'm close to mental breakdown over this game, starting to bite myself and my psoriasis (stress related skin affliction) has acted up like never before since I have this game. I'm getting red spots and wounds in the face wich is a new one for me.

Concidering the latest gambling/bribing scandal, i might verry well be a "bug" the bribe bug

Dude chill. It's a game.

Bayern are tough to beat. I manage them and I'm unbeaten for about 50 games now.

Is this guy really ranting about not beating Bayern Munich ​with Anderlecht?

The pre match thing sais:

Anderlecht has the quality to beat bayern I expect them to win with a high margin of goals (translation)

And (without reloading) I'm undefeated thus far in the Belgian competition and I beat Olympiakos with 2-0 so why not Bayern, they don't have robben

Anderlecht has the quality to beat bayern I expect them to win with a high margin of goals (translation)

And (without reloading) I'm undefeated thus far in the Belgian competition and I beat Olympiakos with 2-0 so why not Bayern, they don't have robben

The pre-match prediction is broken. Completely, utterly, totally, 100% broken. It gives too much consideration to the home team.

It is possible to beat a much better team in Europe, last season my part time Linfield team put out the champions of Sweden, Finland and Austria (Red Bull, who just got revenge and put me out in the 3rd qualifying round this season... :() en route to Champion's League qualification, and managed a home win against Milan in the group stages. A 4-3-3, with two DMs and short passing enabled me to keep possession a lot, and seemingly frustrate the opposition. That, and a bit of luck. Anderlecht won't beat Bayern without a bit of luck. Or rather, a lot of luck.

You dont win just because you have Robben or you have Messi or you have Ronaldo. They are a facet of your tactic and strategy, they could have a bunch of nobody and still beat you if you don't get your tactics right.

If you have saved it the minute before the match starts, then you are going into each match with the same circumstances, such as press conferences, comments to the media, etc, that can all have a bearing on how the match pans out.

If SI are to be believed, then comments you make in the media can unsettle the opposition or gee up your own players and so on. IF you have saved right before the match then it will reload these the same every time. If they haven't gone well for you, then you will be loading that up every time too. This could affect the amount of times out of 100 that you will win the match compared to if it was just based on purely on-pitch issues. Despite that, if you reload enough times you will beat them, assuming you do the right things during the match as well. That is simple fact. It may take longer than you want, but it will happen eventually.

I also agree with john that the pre-match thing doesn't seem to be right. SI tried to explain it when I saw someone bring it up before by saying that it reflects the fact that the board, the fans, the bookmakers, the pundits all have different opinions, which sounds great in theory, but I'm not sure that that really explains what we see in-game.

You dont win just because you have Robben or you have Messi or you have Ronaldo. They are a facet of your tactic and strategy, they could have a bunch of nobody and still beat you if you don't get your tactics right.

You know that's bs and my tactics are fine, they served me well in the Belgian league and against Olympiakos, Bayern is just overpowered

You know that's bs and my tactics are fine, they served me well in the Belgian league and against Olympiakos, Bayern is just overpowered

It categorically isn't "bs" as you say. This forum is full of people complaining about losing to weaker teams that they should beat. But yet you say a weaker team can't win? Although I can't speak for everyone, I assume if you keep up with this attitude people will soon cease trying to offer you any help.

yay

2-2 two times I took the lead, 2 times they unfortunately came back.

It's not exactly the "underdog rises to greatness" hollywood fantasy I want from this game, but it's closer than losing

Herbert, in old games I could take the job at Anderlecht and win the Champions league, national league and cup in the first season, highly unrealistic but exactly the feel good distraction from the soul crushing piece of crap experience that life is that is to be expected from a GAME so yes, I do expect to beat bigger teams, there should really be a "hollywood story" difficulty setting to this game.

This should be a fun game making us feel better about ourselves, not a full time job that requires a masters degree in statistics and analyzing

Also this is the criticism thread so I think I'm allowed to rant

yay

2-2 two times I took the lead, 2 times they unfortunately came back.

It's not exactly the "underdog rises to greatness" hollywood fantasy I want from this game, but it's closer than losing

Herbert, in old games I could take the job at Anderlecht and win the Champions league, national league and cup in the first season, highly unrealistic but exactly the feel good distraction from the soul crushing piece of crap experience that life is that is to be expected from a GAME so yes, I do expect to beat bigger teams, there should really be a "hollywood story" difficulty setting to this game.

This should be a fun game making us feel better about ourselves, not a full time job that requires a masters degree in statistics and analyzing

Also this is the criticism thread so I think I'm allowed to rant

Actually no you can't rant. What you can do is offer constructive feedback.

Any criticism needs to be constructive, so far you've just moaned about being unable to beat one of the strongest clubs in the game despite reloading your save.

You're last post does offer an insight into why you are not happy with the game & I'm afraid to say that you are unlikely to enjoy future versions of FM as SI strive to produce as realistic a representation of football management as they can & the end result of that is that every year it should get a little bit harder, if there was no new challenge then the game could eventually cease to be made.

Actually no you can't rant. What you can do is offer constructive feedback.

Well my constructive feedback is that visually this game is the best so far, but gameplay wise, I prefered 2012 and 2011

The training is a source of confusion to me, and the tactics sliders don't do what they did before anymore.

Look, this game has steadilly improved ever since Championship mannager 1997 (the Game I started with back in the day) but in this installement my frustration is often so high that I'll soon need heart medication I fear.

The latest patch has fixed a lot of things though, and I'm ready to admit I need to reschool myself to get a masters degree in fm2013 studies I just didn't expect this much trouble after finally getting an understanding of fm2012 on a bachelor level.

And I'm about to shoot myself when I think of all the amounts of reading I'll have to do, I still have my management studies, my girlfriend, my daughter and my pet rabbit to attend to

But the players don't understand this and the central defender who I had to put on the field (due to injuries my 5th choice had to play) just keeps playing long balls that go nowhere eventhough his passing is set at the shortest

This time I managed to score! yay, only to have my important DCM get an injury directly after that and Bayern scoring 2 right then and there needless to say: ALT+f4

Ahh thats why i love this thread...its always good for a laugh before I go to bed.

Finally started my long term save after weeks of waiting and played 5 pre season games and 10 league/ cup games. All I have seen are red cards, injuries galore, players who can't seem to pass along the ground, defenders who can't mark or tackle and although I'm not losing everygame there just isn't any fun to playing. I'll play till the end of next season but if it's as much of a chore as it feels now I think that't it for me this year :(

Hey Chris, do you think Arsene Wenger's pressed Alt+F4 yet?

This is a game, it's supposed to distract us from the hardships of life and why we all want to shoot ourselves not add to the stress...

Wenger gets payed millions to put himself through the stress, I don't, I payed 60 euro's for a fun distraction that will make me feel good about myself and distract me from having failed in life.

huge difference

I'll stop ranting and take my losses as a man as soon as SI payes me Wenger's salary :p

I have seen no evidence that the passing slider affects direction. That is up to mentality, tempo and time wasting. Creative freedom is a flair boost, making players ignore instructions to try "creative" stuff and increases fluidity. If you set passing to Long (20), he will simply look farther away for passing options as a rule. It is of course true that for a defender, the strikers are farther away and thus he tends to pass forwards, but two strikers set to Long passing will also look for wingers and midfielders etc - not only straight forward.

As constructive feedback goes, these things should be clarified in-game.

Hard to prove it, as players won't act like robots, but I've utilized the linked theory and it has worked (for me, so subjectivally ofc) very good. But there are so many other things and variables that affect passing decisions, so...

And yes, that needs in-game clarification, as I thought of direct as more "one-touch", which I can only create properly with more tempo & less time wasting.

It seems since this update has been downloaded into my saved game my players have all stopped marking. I am managing York in my second season and was 3rd and since the update I am losing every game by 4 or 5 goals as all my players leave their men when defending. All my defenders and midfielders are set to mark opponents tightly. Has anyone else had this problem and if so can you help please? Thanks

I stand by this and I always say that:

You need to be a tactical genius to play this game and get consistent results.

Also the gulf in Home and Away Performances are just silly. Away from Home the players just don't know how to pass a ball anymore.

Fed up of this game.

Archived