Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Hmm..I do not think they already have a " final " ME release, considering the patch will be out roughly a week after January 31st I assume the ME is still far from its final release stage.

Stop guessing at dates fgs :D you don't have a clue, the final (DB included) update won't be released till February/March, hot fixes (not just for the ME) can be released anytime.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Far Post Crossing and Far Post Corners are so overpowered on this game. This may be hard to believe but at least 80% of goals conceded from the AI are either Far Post Corners and Crosses.

Agreed, I have tried multiple tactical tweaks and wingers still fly in completely unmarked to score at the back post, this happens all the damn time.

the crossing never works for me, never. my players get on the end of the cross and somehow head it over or miss from about 1-3 yards.

AI happens all the time.

i'm wondering how i get this sort of performance at home

2FADEDDB814F1309A673C9F5F5687C7C83B09D19

completion rate of passing usualy 80%+ at home but away you create hardly anything because your passing turns sloppy.

See, it's statements like this that aren't helping. I can only speak for the posts I've seen over the past few days (although comments from some indicate that there's little new being said), but no-one is treating the FM13 engine like a Holy relic. Even the staunchest supporters of the new engine admit that it has some significant issues in its current form. If you'd actually read any of the 80+ posts on the current page, you'd have noticed this.

I'm not trying to have a pop at you specifically, as you seem fairly moderate in your views, and I can understand why you prefer the FM12 engine compared to the current FM13 engine - horses for courses and all that. However, it's this assumption that both sides seem to harbour that's causing a lot of this - people are assuming that if you prefer the finished FM12 ME to the early-life FM13 engine that you're just bitching, and if you prefer the FM13 engine (or just consider it to have a better potential, it seems) that you're some kind of sheep who unquestioningly supports SI. Neither of those statements is anywhere near the truth.

Actually I have read EVERY post, I wonder how many others have? - and to be fair I can understand why reading the 12th making of an identical point would put some off. Actually the holy relic to which I refer is not the ME per se but was meant as a metaphore for something (FM13) that is sometimes too intensly worshiped (perhaps an uncalled for swipe at those that are too radical in their views). Maybe I was a little harsh but the Offical view repeatedly encourages us to play FM13, trouble is Im not having fun with it and wont until it is as "playable" as FM12.

FM13 has really made me appreciate FM12 all the more, and I always thought it was as near perfect a day 1 product as you could realitically ever expect.

@RTHerringbone

Don't be like that. Everyone has the right to write what pleases. We may not agree...

You're probably right, I was just basing my response on a history of limited constructive feedback from that poster.

I look forward to their detailed response as to what precisely it is that justifies the comment "the worst ME on FM history".

It is a brand new ME which produces some of the most fluid football ever seen on FM.

It has issues which means that it isn't the most enjoyable ME yet, but the constructive feedback in this thread can contribute to ironing out those issues.

I have also been drinking beer.

My favorite part in this ME is when your striker(s) after hitting all these shots from all over the place (despite the work into box shout, the rare in long shot etc) starts droping his ratings and around the 60th min is substituted with a below 6 rating even though you are dominating the game. His sub, also finishes the match wth 6.1-6.2 rating because of his crazy shooting.

My favorite part in this ME is when your striker(s) after hitting all these shots from all over the place (despite the work into box shout, the rare in long shot etc) starts droping his ratings and around the 60th min is substituted with a below 6 rating even though you are dominating the game. His sub, also finishes the match wth 6.1-6.2 rating because of his crazy shooting.QUOTE]

Why bother come to the forum to leave that feedback full of sarcasm? You are not helping anyone... specially you. If you help SI with a good feedback, perhaps they can make a game that you will like more? no?

I gave em a good feedback and they gave me this shots bonanza for an ME.

Furthermore and just to make things worst it seems they wont admit that this and many other issues the ME is facing, makes the game from being no fun at best to total screw up, at worst.

Furthermore and just to make things worst it seems they wont admit that this and many other issues the ME is facing, makes the game from being no fun at best to total screw up, at worst.

Out of interest, what "good feedback" did you give "em"?

You can obviously write so why do you have a problem reading?

The issues you mention (and many more) are all registered in the bugs forum and PaulC himself has acknowledged the shots problem.

They dont admit? Common man, are you serious?

PaulC, come to the forum saying that they admit issues in the ME (the long shots issue, the issue related with the excessive dribbling, etc) and they are working night and day to fix them. We are days away (i hope) of getting a new patch to fix those issues... so how can you say they dont admit that the game have issues?

Dont be unfair with SI.

Edit: ups... kriss in "luke luke mod" beat my repply!

You can obviously write so why do you have a problem reading?

The issues you mention (and many more) are all registered in the bugs forum and PaulC himself has acknowledged the shots problem.

By suggesting that people sould play FM12 is that how you acknowledge it? Mind you, i dont want the old ME back.

By saying that ball physics are better now, is that how you acknowledge it?

By almost constantly keep bringing up the ''look to your tactics'' moto, is that how you acknowledge it ? (mind you, just promoted Crystal Palace to EPL so no sour looser here)

Dominating a game against a team playing a basic diamond 442. Outnumbering defense in attacking positions with many passing options but my players are afraid to progress beyond 20 yards and opt to shoot despite strict instructions by all to rarely take long shots. Also no one with long shot trait.

Dominating a game against a team playing a basic diamond 442. Outnumbering defense in attacking positions with many passing options but my players are afraid to progress beyond 20 yards and opt to shoot despite strict instructions by all to rarely take long shots. Also no one with long shot trait.

Known issues (which the ME fix list implies have been investigated) about limited movement around the ball carrier in the final third, plus imbalance of shots vs. passes.

As with Hunter T comment, it is more than just a case of setting long shots to rare or using the "Work Ball Into Box" shout.

apologies for the rant but this is just FUBAR!!!!!

okey, here it is. i play a return game in UEFA 3rd qual round. lost first 1-0. i lead second game 2-0 for 60 minutes and have 62% possession. its obvious that AI needs a goal. so what do i get??? in space of ten (10!!!) minutes (62 to 72) i get 4 yellow card and one red, AI scores later 2 goals!! i had no cards prior to 62nd minute! and i´m out!

dont you dare telling me its my tactic, dont you dare......

rant over....

apologies for the rant but this is just FUBAR!!!!!

okey, here it is. i play a return game in UEFA 3rd qual round. lost first 1-0. i lead second game 2-0 for 60 minutes and have 62% possession. its obvious that AI needs a goal. so what do i get??? in space of ten (10!!!) minutes (62 to 72) i get 4 yellow card and one red, AI scores later 2 goals!! i had no cards prior to 62nd minute! and i´m out!

dont you dare telling me its my tactic, dont you dare......

rant over....

I'm sorry to say this... but...

It's the ME man! The ME and those wicked guys from SI. I tell you, with steam they can monitor any game they want. I'm sure they pick your game today.

They look at your game, and decide to input a bug in your team for the 4 yellow cards and the red one.

Oh, and the 2 goals you conceded... uh... it's PaulC work... i'll bet my life on it!

wicked... just wicked man!

:D

Having kept a break from FM13 for a couple of weeks I decided to give it a go again.

I've had huge problems with amounts of long shots and opposition wingers/full backs. So I read a few posts about what might handle these issues.

All I changed was Marking from Default to Man Marking and my Advanced Forward to Poacher. Nothing else has changed nor tactics familiarity.

Amount of long shots has changed from 60-75% to 30-50% and opposition wingers and full backs are actually now closed down and tackled (not always of course but it's much better).

Also I'm not seeing the high amount of dribbles and tackles a lot seem to encounter. Amount of goals also seem fine.

However happy I am seeing these changes I still have a few issues:

- My Wing Backs are too influential (I'm not using wingers). They are a part (assist or score) of 70-80% of all my goals.

- I see practically no deliberate assists from my midfielders. Only when the ball accidentally drops down to them and they can make an easy pass to a striker in a free position.

- Penalty kicks could be executed better by ten year olds. The worst I've seen was when my GK calmly walked to the ball and collected it. I'm not even sure the ball would have crossed the line. The kicker had 19 in Penalty Kicks, 15 in Finishing and 17 in Composure.

- Too many long shots from strikers that are under pressure. Instead of holding up the ball and pass to a team mate they launch the ball for an easy GK collect.

- Strikers always hold up the ball and pass backwards when their fellow striker is in a through ball position.

All this being said I actually think I kind of enjoying the game. I won't be too optimistic though as I've not been happy earlier on :) (hence the break from FM)

Edit: Hmm, funny how when you write these kind of things karma turns around and hit you straight in the face. What a crap match I just had :(

Was trying to enjoy my eredivisie save with groningen. However 30 shots & 25 of them being outside the box is just ridiculous and for this reason i really cannot justify playing on until its fixed. What SI need to understand is people have invested time into saves to build squads, hire & fire staff, scout youths etc.. all with a view to get that first 11 clicking on game day. Now if the ME is broken (im sorry but it is) then everything else becomes pointless.

My favorite part in this ME is when your striker(s) after hitting all these shots from all over the place (despite the work into box shout, the rare in long shot etc) starts droping his ratings and around the 60th min is substituted with a below 6 rating even though you are dominating the game. His sub, also finishes the match wth 6.1-6.2 rating because of his crazy shooting.

It's bad with normal players unbearable with players that have shoot from distance ppm.

I just hope SI don't go to another extreme with the next patch. Every patch so far has either had too much of something or not enough.

I'm thinking the next patch every pass will be a through ball but with only 5 shots a game. There'll also be no dribbling just through balls.

Impressive rant...

Either bad luck, it happens...

Or a change in your opponents playing style causing more aggressive tackles...

Surely you aren't suggesting the ME had it in for you?

Do you believe in any other conspiracies too? UFO's? No moon landing?

Change in oppo playing style is a likely and realistic reply.

"Bad luck" is as often a cover-all excuse for a badly programmed game as it is a statement of truth.

By the way NASA and International Governemental authorities spend millions investigating UFO's and if you break down the acronym I would be surprised if less than half the worlds population have see at least one "UFO".

Dont you love it when a simple Mexican farmer reports that his cattle have been slain and disected bloodlessly with surgical precission unknown to medical science only to be told that it was done by a weather balloon!. (yep Tiger believes in UFO's and he thinks the FM13 ME aint all that, I would suggest he is at least half right) :)

Just slam on the brakes and they'll fly right past...
Change in oppo playing style is a likely and realistic reply.

"Bad luck" is as often a cover-all excuse for a badly programmed game as it is a statement of truth.

By the way NASA and International Governemental authorities spend millions investigating UFO's and if you break down the acronym I would be surprised if less than half the worlds population have see at least one "UFO".

Dont you love it when a simple Mexican farmer reports that his cattle have been slain and disected bloodlessly with surgical precission unknown to medical science only to be told that it was done by a weather balloon!. (yep Tiger believes in UFO's and he thinks the FM13 ME aint all that' date=' I would suggest he is at least half right) :)[/quote']

well, that mexican farmer is still lucky man. i mean that they told him it was a weather balloon. they could have said: hey, its your tactics man! :D

(just kidding)

well, that mexican farmer is still lucky man. i mean that they told him it was a weather balloon. they could have said: hey, its your tactics man! :D

(just kidding)

So this Mexican farmer believes anything he's told, but if he isn't told anything he just makes something up, sounds familiar ;)

So this Mexican farmer believes anything he's told, but if he isn't told anything he just makes something up, sounds familiar ;)

yeah, well, perhaps he thought: oh well, in a day or two NASA will send me a new balloon to PATCH my cow so i just go on and chew on my tortilla :D sounds very familiar :)

Any word on a patch? Im getting the feeling it will be rolled out after transfer window shuts. I really want to continue my save game but cant watch another 30 longshots in one game. I just dont understand how tactical instructions worked in previous iterations but not in 2013, it just seems bizarre that the ME has regressed a bit. Yes there are more fancy animations & it looks better aesthetically, however under the hood it just seems a bit of a mess & i have never had an FM series where tactical instructions just plain dont work.

Please SI this & only this should be your priority & not fm classic / DLC. Really hope SI dont go down the EA sports route & only care about their ulitmate team mode (ie cash cow mode)

Any word on a patch? Im getting the feeling it will be rolled out after transfer window shuts. I really want to continue my save game but cant watch another 30 longshots in one game. I just dont understand how tactical instructions worked in previous iterations but not in 2013, it just seems bizarre that the ME has regressed a bit. Yes there are more fancy animations & it looks better aesthetically, however under the hood it just seems a bit of a mess & i have never had an FM series where tactical instructions just plain dont work.

Please SI this & only this should be your priority & not fm classic / DLC. Really hope SI dont go down the EA sports route & only care about their ulitmate team mode (ie cash cow mode)

Couple of pages earlier, PaulC posted this link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320432-Next-match-engine-update-fixes-so-far...(-updated-10th-January-)?p=8178724#post8178724

Just because you don't play FM Classic doesn't mean others don't, and I haven't heard any mention of DLCs. Besides, the ME and the rest of the game appear to be (largely) independent when it comes to patches, so you needn't worry.

So, after playing about 4 seasons as Arsenal in the latest ME watching all extended highlights and doing ok in the game (champions league win, domestic cups wins and #2 in the league 2 times..with manchester getting over 100 pts per seasons..), i have some findings about the game:

1. Too many long shots.

2. Too much running with ball...you can minimise issues of #1 and #2 by messing with mentality/creative freedom, but that also limits options in how you design your tactics.

3. Very little of through balls..and very bad movement off the ball to receive it, with also very bad first touch.

4. Players run too fast with the ball at times.I got 14 pace players that run incredibly fast, and often go unchallenged til they score. Defenders just sit there looking.

5. Most goals come from crosses, whether it's an actual cross, or some loose ball in the area, this is how goals are scored in this ME. Anything else is just a very small minority/exception.

6. Bad passing all around, a lot of undershot passes (regardless of your width, player availability to receive, or pass strength on the slider).

7. Players on your team often have their back to the player with the ball, the ball hits them in their back..we're talking 3-4 meters here...Players also run with ball into each other, despite being on the same team..they do not see the player with the ball, do not get out of the way..and this is not a matter of gelling of your team at all.

8. Considerable blunders at the back, hard to stop them from happening no matter how much you fiddle with mentality/creative freedom/pass strength.

9. Variety in goals is very minor.

10. Ball and players with the ball simply glide..does not look realistic.

11. Marking on crosses is questionable at best..you are outnumbering 3 to 1 and they still can't seem to mark properly.

12. Close range headers happen too often and miss too often.

P.S If you want to do well with tactics, get ready to try and find a way to work around/minimise all these issues with the ME...that will be your priority...get ready to set run with ball/long shots on low..small creative freedom/mentality..and such and such..or you could go with a tac that focuses on having wingers dribble everyone and cross the ball..i imagine that would work well too..

Having the keeper set to passing to full backs only seems to make the game want to make my defence make a mistake every 4-5 games by either

a) causing the keeper to throw/pass ahead of the fullback allowing them to be tackled

b) player passes back to the keeper but underhits it and the keeper is tackled and concedes

pretty lame

To be fair he was probably strapped to a table at El Ministro do Investigatios with electrodes attcahed to his gentalia, which is frankly what it would take for me to accept the current ball physics as better than in FM12!

To be fair he was probably strapped to a table at El Ministro do Investigatios with electrodes attcahed to his gentalia, which is frankly what it would take for me to accept the current ball physics as better than in FM12!

Hahahhah, i cant believe that people still believe this!!

Meanwhile, in Bundesliga.

231pqu.jpg

So, after playing about 4 seasons as Arsenal in the latest ME watching all extended highlights and doing ok in the game (champions league win, domestic cups wins and #2 in the league 2 times..with manchester getting over 100 pts per seasons..), i have some findings about the game:

1. Too many long shots.

2. Too much running with ball...you can minimise issues of #1 and #2 by messing with mentality/creative freedom, but that also limits options in how you design your tactics.

3. Very little of through balls..and very bad movement off the ball to receive it, with also very bad first touch.

4. Players run too fast with the ball at times.I got 14 pace players that run incredibly fast, and often go unchallenged til they score. Defenders just sit there looking.

5. Most goals come from crosses, whether it's an actual cross, or some loose ball in the area, this is how goals are scored in this ME. Anything else is just a very small minority/exception.

6. Bad passing all around, a lot of undershot passes (regardless of your width, player availability to receive, or pass strength on the slider).

7. Players on your team often have their back to the player with the ball, the ball hits them in their back..we're talking 3-4 meters here...Players also run with ball into each other, despite being on the same team..they do not see the player with the ball, do not get out of the way..and this is not a matter of gelling of your team at all.

8. Considerable blunders at the back, hard to stop them from happening no matter how much you fiddle with mentality/creative freedom/pass strength.

9. Variety in goals is very minor.

10. Ball and players with the ball simply glide..does not look realistic.

11. Marking on crosses is questionable at best..you are outnumbering 3 to 1 and they still can't seem to mark properly.

12. Close range headers happen too often and miss too often.

P.S If you want to do well with tactics, get ready to try and find a way to work around/minimise all these issues with the ME...that will be your priority...get ready to set run with ball/long shots on low..small creative freedom/mentality..and such and such..or you could go with a tac that focuses on having wingers dribble everyone and cross the ball..i imagine that would work well too..

Wholeheartedly agree.

Not to sound offensive or anything but people are pretty much saying the same thing about the ME. No new discussions and every page from 1-23 is people virtually complaining about the same thing. Time to lock this off maybe?

To be fair it has turned into a casual wit-fest and a dustbin for "wens dat nxt patch owt" requests - and it serves an excellent purpose in that respect.

To be fair it has turned into a casual wit-fest and a dustbin for "wens dat nxt patch owt" requests - and it serves an excellent purpose in that respect.

This :thup: better one thread than the several hundred which would appear if we closed this.

Hahahhah, i cant believe that people still believe this!!

Meanwhile, in Bundesliga.

231pqu.jpg

It's exactly this issue, that SI and PaulC have already acknowledged and hopefully will be fixed when the next patch is released!

But you already know this, so why do you insist in this sort of posts?

It's exactly this issue, that SI and PaulC have already acknowledged and hopefully will be fixed when the next patch is released!

But you already know this, so why do you insist in this sort of posts?

There is a name for it :D

Which does beg the question why I, and with all due respect "you", spend so much time in here! I blame the screens they put around the scene of car carshes now days.

;)

I'm here because somebody has to filter out the worst of the insults, you however have a choice :)

Archived