Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

Simple TC tactics don't allow lots of the things one may want to do. Even combined with shouts. And tend to be "very English".

Not true, tbh. Though it is difficult to make tactics that tend towards the extreme styles of play.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone think any youngsters manage to play this game? They must get so confused.

I think the most confused will be those from previous versions who aren't open to the possibility of having to rethink how they do things. When you do things for so long, it can be very hard to change your ways and you find yourself doing things automatically, for example.

Someone who's not played the game before will come at it completely openly.

And kids these days are born with iPhones. They already know more about games and computers than we do :/

Not true, tbh. Though it is difficult to make tactics that tend towards the extreme styles of play.

Needs so much tweaking that are no longer "Simple TC tactics" but "über tweaked TC tactics", and make shouts useless. Building them is so similar to using classical tactics that, for that case, the TC is useless.

Just having a "free" DC who comes really deep for the ball, holds it and acts somehow as a playmaker inside an offensive team, is something I've never been able to make in the TC, except if I tweak nearly everything in that particular player. You may say that's a Trequartista, but is "too ofensive" and tends to risk the ball too much. If I want time for the rest of the team go higher in the field, I need him to keep it safe for a while. For this particular case I've found that what works better is "low mentality+mid-high creative freedom+ultra short passing+no pressing+no run forward+sometimes run the with the ball+no long shots+sometimes try through balls+no crossing+freedom of movement+hold the ball"(the related PPM is also pretty important), which I don't think can't be obtained through the TC in any kind of offensive formation.

That's just a particular example, but there are lots. Like, for example, ultra wide formations focused on the center, where you play wide to make the opposite defense to defend wide and create space in the center. That needs tweaking that invalidates a couple of shouts.

I reckon you could do something like that with a supportive deep lying forward (I'm assuming you meant FC and not DC, unless the terminology is different in different countries) with the relevant PPMs obviously helping as you say. You may need to make a few changes to the individual instructions as well, but that won't stop the shouts/team instructions from working unless you've heavily instructed your other players as well.

Anyway, we're getting way off track here. The tactics forum is the best place for this kind of chat.

I reckon you could do something like that with a supportive deep lying forward (I'm assuming you meant FC and not DC, unless the terminology is different in different countries) with the relevant PPMs obviously helping as you say. You may need to make a few changes to the individual instructions as well, but that won't stop the shouts/team instructions from working unless you've heavily instructed your other players as well.

Anyway, we're getting way off track here. The tactics forum is the best place for this kind of chat.

Yeah, FC. I was thinking in spanish (DC - Delantero Centro).

But you are right, this is quite offtopic.

Also, i have noticed a few times that my defenders are not challenging for headers from goal kicks/long passes. They will be tight to the player but then will just move backwards to allow the other player to easily win the header or control the ball

PKM examples of that would be handy.

Too many dribbling. Every player just seems like c.ron or robbon, cut inside dribble to middle and long shot. Defender dun know how to defend them.

I just think the original ME13.13 is okay, if can fixed some bug of defender and keeper.

Now, just crazy

I totaly agree,

I thought the last update was much better (ME13.1.3) . There were some small issues with it but it surely did not need a major change.

This major change unbalanced the game a little. Too many goals. Dribbling is extreme. In weaker teams the shots are very bad, just like passes to the keeper.

Gosh, I really don't know where to start with this without going on a total rant. I thought the 1st match engine was appalling, then the 2nd was somehow worse and now the latest effort is somehow worse again!

Seen numerous players within 2 or 3 yards of the ball but the opposition get there 1st despite being 15 or 20 yards away. Average wingers get past defenders at any point they run with the ball. Defenders making mistakes you see at youth level. As for goalkeepers, flap at everything, poor distribution of the ball and in 1 instance my keeper stood on his line letting an opposition striker have a free header in the 6 yard box!

That is all on top of the 40+ shots in a match!

I am sorry but this is just totally awful. Not only SI owe us all an apology for their worse effort at making FM in the history of the game but I think we are all owed our money back for having to put up with what has been a disgrace of a game.

At the moment, I can honestly say I don't even want to play FM13 until we get a new engine (which will probably be worse again!) and I am not going to give SI another penny of my hard earned money.

More issues from my game are mainly defenders incapable of defending indirect freekicks, just anything lobbed into the box finds static defenders and an unmarked attacker with a clear chance in most games, anyone else noticing this or maybe its just me?

What I've definitely seen is my team have a freekick on the edge of the box in effectively a short corner position which Pjanic blasts way out of play for a throw while the commentary says "Pjanic makes the clearance" and an opponent have a goal disallowed from the aforementioned indirect freekick situation for jumping unfairly with my keeper when he didn't go near my keeper and just headed into the net with no one within 2 yards of him.

Edit:

Definitely a problem with these freekicks for me, 53 goals in Serie A from them so far while only 7 in Prem and 6 in Spain.

Every player thinks he's Messi, idiotic defending, three/four players chasing the player with the ball, ridiculous score lines. All of which reminds me of Primary School football. It's a poor excuse for a Football Manager game.

Too many amazing individual efforts for me. Even average players can dribble 4-5 players and score while gareth bale just receiving the ball from his own goalkeeper and scoring after 80 meters dribbling. Not even yet encountered messi though.

Poor SI. Working deep into the holidays just to please you lot.

If they get something out before Xmas you guys better be grateful!

Would be VERY grateful. Don't think it's likely though. To be honest I'd happily wait until early January if it meant they got it right and I could finally settle in to a game and just play some Football Manager.

http://i.imgur.com/ZE2ks.png?1?2030

http://i.imgur.com/PQm9k.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/JqaKv.png?1

There you go, stats which have gone through the roof since the patch for me (EPL only)

Exactly the same results as the screenshots I provided yesterday. They really should release a hotfix to rectify these ludicrous statistics. I really cannot understand how this patch got past QC.

Poor SI. Working deep into the holidays just to please you lot.

If they get something out before Xmas you guys better be grateful!

We can wish!

Poor SI? Well they do have our good money that we paid for the game to enjoy there xmas with, whilst we have a shambolic game to play over xmas.

Guys, please upload your save games on ftp so we can have better ME in the next update

I think SI should have all the evidence they need by now. Some of the stuff I'm seeing on my save and some of the stuff I've seen on here is insane. How was it not noticed before 13.2 was released? It took me a dozen games at the most on just one save to see something was more than a little wrong.

Hi, Steam installed the latest patch automatically, and I've noticed that available jobs no longer appear in the 'available jobs' box when unemployed. The insecure jobs side of the box is normal. This makes it almost impossible to apply for jobs since they're not visible unless you're 'on holioday'.

All development of complex software is the same and for the same reasons, this starts with Windows itself and applies to ALL major software not just games.

No software developer is capable of testing all possible configs of application and/or hardware other software configs, which is why windows 7 is still being updated even after therelease of Windows 8.

The only difference between products is the willingness of the developer to continue fixing and supporting the application after release, imo SI are second to none in that respect.

So yes, every time you buy any major software you are a guinea pig, there isn't any other way for it to work.

If you feel so strongly about it wait until March before you decide whether or not to buy, though there are actually many who will always buy on release and a good few of those actually enjoy playing a part in shaping the gameand fixing the problems.

I agree that those peed off should wait until March every year but the rest of the attitude sucks to be honest. Have a word with Miles for one of his FM14 you tube vids next year to put that little disclaimer in. Corporate suits in marketing will love him but not as much as us; telling how it is and all. Milking us..... :)

That's how they get away with it. We should thanks them. :facepalm:

I agree that those peed off should wait until March every year but the rest of the attitude sucks to be honest. Have a word with Miles for one of his FM14 you tube vids next year to put that little disclaimer in. Corporate suits in marketing will love him but not as much as us; telling how it is and all. Milking us..... :)

That's how they get away with it. We should thanks them. :facepalm:

It's not an attitude, it's reality in the software development field for the reasons I gave, there really is no other way it can work when applications are this complex.

I don't even watch the vids just like I don't read reviews, the reasons are obvious.

It's not an attitude, it's reality in the software development field for the reasons I gave, there really is no other way it can work when applications are this complex.

I don't even watch the vids just like I don't read reviews, the reasons are obvious.

And they call it progress. :)

More issues from my game are mainly defenders incapable of defending indirect freekicks, just anything lobbed into the box finds static defenders and an unmarked attacker with a clear chance in most games, anyone else noticing this or maybe its just me?

This has been an issue since beta stage.

As if that wasnt enough, the same issues now happend in my last CL-round:

http://i.imgur.com/Rl7cG.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/5zoCC.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/aRToy.png?1

The other big leagues (None of which i manage in) the ratios are still normal.

So, it only happens in the competitions i manage in (EPL and CL).

Wierd.

19 tackles per game, just wow!

All development of complex software is the same and for the same reasons, this starts with Windows itself and applies to ALL major software not just games.

No software developer is capable of testing all possible configs of application and/or hardware other software configs, which is why windows 7 is still being updated even after therelease of Windows 8.

The only difference between products is the willingness of the developer to continue fixing and supporting the application after release, imo SI are second to none in that respect.

So yes, every time you buy any major software you are a guinea pig, there isn't any other way for it to work.

If you feel so strongly about it wait until March before you decide whether or not to buy, though there are actually many who will always buy on release and a good few of those actually enjoy playing a part in shaping the gameand fixing the problems.

Great post, I think people underestimate the significant challenges that the testing team et al face.

Personally i think that the game this year has shown that SI need to simply slow down. Bring the game out every 2 years instead of every year and just release the database changes. At the end of the day we paid a lot of money for this game and it's nowhere near the quality you expect when paying over £30 for a game. The only other option is to dramatically reduce the price of the game over the next few years because people will stop buying a game for so much with so many problems. There hasn't even been massive improvements because there are new bugs every update

Archived