Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

dafuge

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd guess that a large proportion of those goals were conceded against the teams above us, like this :D

I think breaking into the top six is going to take some time. I just don't think we could currently afford to improve the squad enough to catch those five up.

That needs to go into the record threads! Excellent work, although I'm pleased to note that my 11-0 will still stand :p

If you can pick up good quality youngsters, you'll be fine, but forum opinion seems to be that it's a lot harder than in FM12.

It was relatively easy to buy talented yougsters in FM12 too, and thus far he has already signed a few decent boys.

Argh, that was a typo, meant FM12. Not saying it isn't still possible to sign young players, but clubs seem a lot quicker to sign them to pro deals, and have much higher asking prices.

Dafuge what would you say is your ideal squad size ?

Can i see a screenshot of your facilities ?

Any good youth academy players yet ?

What age are you selling players so that you are making a profit which you can use to ivest in more youtn n rinse n repeat ?

I like a small squad, so usually somewhere around 22-25. I don't like having players who don't get first team action and it makes the registrations a bit easier.

Facilities - we've had quite a few improvements recently so they are pretty decent.

None at all, every single one has been released.

I've not reached that stage yet, I'm still selling players in order to improve the squad. I usually sell at around 30 though.

So you transfer policy is to buy as young as possible develop and sell when they are 30. If so don't you keep anybody that could be a great mentor n become a part of your backroom staff ?

For your diamond formation. What are the roles of the AMC n the 2 ST's ?

Are the LM n RM on Winger attk or support ?

So you transfer policy is to buy as young as possible develop and sell when they are 30. If so don't you keep anybody that could be a great mentor n become a part of your backroom staff ?

For your diamond formation. What are the roles of the AMC n the 2 ST's ?

Are the LM n RM on Winger attk or support ?

Pretty much. I do make exceptions though, occaisionally I'll keep a player until he retires. Generally they make rubbish staff though.

Attacking midfielder, trequartista and poacher. ML/R are both wingers on attack.

My tactics are nothing special though, it is good players that helps me to win.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

Last season we made an impact in the Premier League but we were a long way off challenging the bigger teams in this league.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had hopes of the title at times during the season but once again the big teams proved too much for us when it came down to the crucial matches.

Capital One Cup - another unspectacular year in this cup.

FA Cup - a terrible draw for us, resulting in an early exit.

UEFA Europa League - despite rotating our squad for this tournament, we managed to go all the way beating Sporting Lisbon in the final.

Transfers - we spent big in the attempt to fill the gaps in our squad.

Squad - in time I think this squad is capable of winning the league.

Finances - looks ok, but we have renewed the contracts of our squad which has cost us quite a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Angel Castro - top scorer for the club.

Ante Jerbic - may have been top scorer if not for injuries.

Daniel Alvarado - was signed as backup but kept Sergent out of the team.

Isaac Rodríguez - had a stunning season on the wing.

Dietmar Ivanov - a winger with bags of potential.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners

Next Season

We managed to break the top four and qualify for the Champions League, so next season will be a tough one as we will need a squad capable of challenging on both fronts.

Great season. The Europa League win and the Champions League qualification should really have raked in the money.

Unfortunately the wage demands of my players are rising a lot faster than my attendances, so we are having to be careful with our finances this season :(

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2028/29

Last season we managed to qualify for the Champions League, so we were looking forward to entering that competition for the first time.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We managed to qualify for the Champions League again, but the gap to the top three has increased despite us pulling away from 5th.

UEFA Super Cup - Man Utd were just too good for us, we were lucky to make the game look close.

Capital One Cup - we were looking good until we had a shocker at Anfield. We came close to making the final but couldn't quite complete the comeback.

FA Cup - not a great year as we messed up at Blackburn.

UEFA Champions League - despite being third seeds we managed to top our group before looking good in the knockout stages. Sadly our trip to the Bernabeu did not go too well.

Transfers - as our wages increased we did not have the money to be active in the transfer market. Hopefully that will change next season.

Squad - we have a decent squad, but it just isn't good enough to compete with the biggest clubs.

Finances - it looks great now all the prize money has come in, but we had to keep things tight.

Key Player Profiles:

Angel Castro - top scorer once again.

Isaac Rodríguez - he didn't impress when he first signed but he's looking like a great player now.

Daniel Alvarado - he's keeping Sergent out of the team with his goals and assists.

Emre Korkmaz - he's probably our highest rated player by the coaches, but he's not quite hit form yet.

Kai Reule - he's still young but he could be a great player in the next few years.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         

Next Season

We badly need to increase our stadium, but the board stupidly think it is not necessary. Increased revenue is the only way we are going to close the gap to the bigger clubs.

How can't you afford a way to increase revenue by spending a few million when you have fourty million in the bank?

I've played through the transfer window, I'm now £800k in the red :D

The finances are flattering at the end of the season, the prize money always make us look rich. That all disappears quickly during the season through wages and transfer fees.

You seem to be really good at getting good young players. Do you use your scouts or the player search? If the scouts is there any method other than just hoping they find people?

I get all my scouts out roaming regions to get my scouting knowledge up, then use the player search to filter for players under 24 with a value more than £500k. This usually brings up about 3000 players. I then use my 29 scouts to scout them all, updating them every now and again.

I get all my scouts out roaming regions to get my scouting knowledge up, then use the player search to filter for players under 24 with a value more than £500k. This usually brings up about 3000 players. I then use my 29 scouts to scout them all, updating them every now and again.

That's clever!

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2029/30

Last season we had a great run in the Champions League but failed to make up the gap to the top three in the league. With the finances tightening this looked like a tough season ahead.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were a point ahead with a game to go. We lost.

Capital One Cup - nothing of interest in this cup.

FA Cup - it wasn't the most convincing run, but we made our way to the final. Which we lost.

UEFA Champions League - we blasted our way through the group stage and continued our high scoring into the knockout rounds. After leading 2-0 and then losing that lead, it looked likely that Man Utd were going to beat us at the death once again. Up stepped our big defender and sealed the win in extra time.

Transfers - I made a lot of changes as I trimmed the squad size down and brought in a couple of quality players and a few youngsters.

Squad - I've no doubt that this squad is capable of winning the league, but the contract renewals could be a stumbling block.

Finances - looks amazing now but we spent most of the season in debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Angel Castro - top scorer once again.

Dietmar Ivanov - he's becoming a superb winger.

Mamute - I broke the bank on wages for this defender, he repaid me in the Champions League final.

Isaac Rodríguez - he was having a stunning season until a bad injury.

Kai Reule - he was suspended for the FA Cup final and Premier League final day. We missed him badly.

Career Overview

2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners

Next Season

Once again the biggest issue is sustainable finances which will only come with a bigger stadium. Surely the chairman will increase it now?

Other than that I just need to try my hardest to keep these players at the club. Renewing all the contracts would bankrupt us so I need to start making some big money fast.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2030/31

Last season we had the disappointment of losing the FA Cup final and losing the title on the final day balanced out with a dramatic win in the Champions League.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were two points ahead with a game to go, we lost again. While we were losing to Man City, Man Utd drew with already relegated Villa, handing us the title.

UEFA Super Cup - this was a demolition.

FIFA Club World Cup - we were lucky to win this as our opponents outplayed us.

Capital One Cup - another unspectacular season in this cup as Man Utd beat us easily.

FA Cup - it was looking like a good run until Arsenal smashed us at Wembley in the semi final.

UEFA Champions League - this were looking great on the way to that superb 9-1 win over Real Madrid. After sneaking past Barcelona with a late goal we lost a tight final against Arsenal.

Transfers - I took a big risk in trying to cash in on our top scorer when a great striker became available. It backfired as I could not get a great price for Castro.

Squad - the youth system is starting to produce some decent players to provide backup for the first team, so the squad is in great shape.

Finances - looks good, but I took the plunge and renewed a lot of contracts so the wage bill has soared.

Key Player Profiles:

Renan - he was the big money signing. He had a decent season but I was expecting a bit more.

Emre Korkmaz - a superb supporting striker.

Constantin Deaconu - a stunning season in midfield.

Kai Reule - the rock in our midfield.

Isaac Rodríguez - the winger is getting better with age.

Career Overview

2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

The board have provisionally agreed a stadium expansion, so I'm looking forward to some news on the size of that. The facilities are otherwise excellent so the stadium is the only thing holding us back at the moment.

I'm amazed how you handle wages. How come you got top class players yet no one earns more than 98k p/w?!

I pay a lot in bonuses and agent fees to try and keep the weekly wages down, plus I always tie players down to long contracts and refuse any pay oincrease requests. It's getting harder though, the players are starting to ask for big money.

Last season I only had one player earning more than £40k p/w and we won the Champions League :D

Archived