Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

dafuge

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2048/49

Last season we won the FA Cup but fell just short in the Premier League and Champions League. The upcoming season looked like it would be tough for my squad of youth products.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite a shaky start we stormed the league with just a single loss three games from the end against Fulham.

Community Shield - we were unlucky to lose this.

Capital One Cup - we had a good run but suffered a loss on penalties in the final.

FA Cup - another good run but yet another loss at Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - Barcelona ran us close, but we made the final comfortably. In a repeat of the 2048 final, we faced Arsenal, but this time we came out on top.

Squad - with a number of players over 30, the squad is started to look a bit weak in certain areas.

Finances - another loss, we just can't afford to keep going like this.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - he wasn't our top scorer, but still had a great season for a 33 year old.

Ousseynou N'Diaye - he had a superb season, top scoring despite playing some games in midfield.

Tom Mayo - rated by my coaches as the best player in my squad.

Ian Penney - the first decent youth player to come through is hanging up his boots.

Léopold Agbodossinji - another retiring legend.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners

Next Season

I think next season may well be my last as a youth-only squad. That gives me one last shot at the World Cup before going back into the transfer market to take this club in a new direction.

Great season, unlucky with the finances. Will you keep youth-only if you get a new stadium granted this season?

I doubt it. I just feel like the time is right for a change.

Hopefully the World Cup will provide a nice end point to do that from with me either winning it or getting sacked. Unfortunately I can see us getting to the quarters/semis with FA happy and leaving me with a difficult decision to make.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2049/50

Last season we completed a league and Champions League double, despite some obvious weaknesses in our squad. This season is likely to be our last as a squad of youth products as I go back into the transfer market to take the club in a new direction.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The title looked unlikely, but we finished the season in great form and managed to overtake Man City thanks to a thrilling 5-3 win over them.

Community Shield - it was an even match but we got the win.

UEFA Super Cup - this match looked over in the first half but we let Milan back in to make it close.

FIFA Club World Cup - this was a lot closer than we were expecting.

Capital One Cup - we fell at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - Arsenal were too much for us in the replay.

UEFA Champions League - we stormed our way to the final which turned out to be us against Arsenal for the third time in a row. We took our early chances and got the win.

Squad - the injuries could have destroyed our season if they were a few weeks earlier as we lost both DMs, with our first choice out for nine months.

Finances - we roughly broke even, but we are under £200m for the first time in years.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - at 34 it is looking like he will struggle to get into the side again.

Ousseynou N'Diaye - another superb goal scoring season.

Spencer Rush - not really rated by the coaches, but he had a blinder.

Fredrick Onyango - he'd just become my first choice DM, so this injury was devastating.

Chimaobi Ibrahim - another youngster who has recently broken into the first team.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The World Cup is coming up with England, which is likely to be my last tournament with the national team. Once that is over I will be looking at the transfer market to fill the gaps in my squad.

England - FIFA World Cup - Australia 2050

This was it, my final shot at winning the World Cup with my squad of locally produced players. Hopefully this will go better than our last attempt.

Qualification - we kept a 100% record as we topped the group easily.

Tournament squad - the biggest worry is the lack of a DM as both are out with long term injuries.

Group draw - this looks like a decent draw, but Russia and Ghana could be tricky matches.

Pre tournament friendlies - a good warm up without any further injuries.

Ghana v England (group stage)

A great start, although the makeshift DM didn't have a great game getting sent off.

England v Russia (group stage)

Another convincing win which means we have qualified for the next round.

England v Bahrain (group stage)

I rested a few players for this thrilling match. Stokes once again showed that he is not really a DM.

Group Table

No problems as we topped the group. The draw looked good as we meet Albania in the next round.

England v Albania (2nd round)

It felt like a horrible repeat of four years ago, but a late own goal saw us finally break them down to seal the win.

Turkey v England (quarter final)

This was not supposed to happen. Absolutely gutted.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2050/51

Last season I brought the youth only era to an end. It wasn't quite the fairy-tale ending with England I was hoping for, but the club had won two consecutive league and Champions League doubles. This season was all about getting back into the transfer market and rebuilding the squad with better players.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We struggled with the games in hand, but we eventually caught up and won a third consecutive title. It wasn't convincing though, so hopefully we can score more goals next season.

Community Shield - we made hard work of what should have been an easy match.

UEFA Super Cup - we got stuck in to complete a great comeback from a goal down.

FIFA Club World Cup - this was a lot closer than it should have been.

Capital One Cup - after the amazing comeback against Man City we made it into the final, but we blew it.

FA Cup - there were no such problems in this competition as we won every match, including a close final.

UEFA Champions League - we looked set to make another final but we threw away a 5-2 first leg lead in Madrid, getting knocked out on away goals.

Transfers - it was a busy transfer window as I brought in a large number of new players. It wasn't easy though, as we lost out to Arsenal on my number one target.

Squad - a lot of the youth products are still making the first team, but I've filled in the weak positions with some new players.

Finances - I was always going to make a huge loss this season as I splashed out on a lot of players. Hopefully this will improve as I start buying and selling again.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - using him sparingly was having amazing results, but a bad injury cut his season short.

Michal Lauko - the new striker, who had a decent debut season.

David Speed - probably my top signing, he made a huge difference to the team.

Lee Furness - he's always been a backup striker, but he's pushing for a first team place.

Matt Ashe - another solid season from the defender.

Career Overview

2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists

Next Season

The squad is so much stronger than last season, but we didn't quite hit top form. Hopefully next season I can add a few more players and get this team playing like a unit.

The board keep rejecting the new stadium which is a worry, maybe I'll need to raise the cash again to make that happen.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2051/52

Last season I went back into the transfer market but we failed to win the Champions League for the first time in three years.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We broke the 100 point barrier for only the second time ever as we stormed the league, dragging Man Utd with us all the way.

Community Shield - it took a late goal, but we got the win.

Capital One Cup - another early exit in this cup.

FA Cup - we stumbled against Spurs but we dominated the final.

UEFA Champions League - we won every match before making a mess of the final, losing on penalties.

Transfers - there was very little action but I did manage to pick up a winger I missed out on last year.

Squad - we could do with a couple of new strikers, but the squad is fairly strong now.

Finances - financing the new stadium has been hard work, but it should pay for itself in time.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - still no retirement plans, but he's still scoring when called upon.

Michal Lauko - another great goal tally from our main striker.

David Speed - another superb season from the midfielder.

Hudson Maicon - the big money signing finally hit form.

Fredrick Onyango - not bad for someone who missed nine months not long ago.

Career Overview

2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

The new stadium is due at the end of next season, so hopefully I can improve the squad in time to open it.

What sort of wage budget were you getting in the BSP Dafuge? I've just been promoted from the BSS and I'm onl getting a 4k pw budget and I'm around 500k in debt :(.

I was in the BSP with Basingstoke very recently, and my wage budget (and debt) were quite similar.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2052/53

Last season my newly bought squad won the league but lost the Champions League final on penalties. This season we wanted to go one better.

League Table

League Positions Graph

United and City pushed us all the way, but they faded as the season drew to a close.

Community Shield - despite going behind we got a big win.

Capital One Cup - we got a bit further than usual, but lost out in the quarter finals.

FA Cup - Man City gave us our biggest test as we made our way to a final which we won with ease.

UEFA Champions League - nearly a perfect campaign, topped off with a great comeback in the final.

Transfers - there were a couple of big sales as we made a decent profit.

Squad - it isn't perfect, but it is getting better.

Finances - financing the new stadium has been tough, but next season we should start to see the benefits.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - still no retirement plans.

Michal Lauko - a stunning goal tally.

David Speed - a bad injury hit us hard as he is a key player.

Hudson Maicon - a superb season from the winger.

John Bakker - a solid defender.

Career Overview

2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The new stadium is due in a few weeks, so next season needs to be a good one to open it.

Really great read dafuge.

Must ask about your transfers last season what happened to Ricci Foreman? You bought him for 20m on 2.9.52 and then free transferred him a day later on 3.9.52?

I see he hasn't got an i icon next to him so he must of retired or something?

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2053/54

Last season we completed an amazing treble, so it was a perfect time to open our new stadium 'Dafuge Arena'.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The Manchester clubs chased us, but we were far too strong at the end of the season to let them catch us.

Community Shield - a decent win to kick the season off.

UEFA Super Cup - another one sided trophy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it took us a while to break them down, but we got the win over the Egyptians.

Capital One Cup - we looked good to win this one until a spectacular loss at Spurs.

FA Cup - possibly the most embarrassing loss of my career as we went out to League 1 Colchester.

UEFA Champions League - we were unbeatable, although the final was tricker with ten men. This saw us overtake Real Madrid with 13 titles.

Transfers - another big profit as I brought in more talented youngsters to replace the fringe players.

Squad - the squad is in superb shape, with two great players for each position. We've even picked up a decent looking striker through our youth system.

Finances - a small loss, mostly due to expensive contract renewals.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - his final season, where he played for the reserves. He'll be staying on as a fitness coach.

Michal Lauko - couldn't quite keep up his early season form, but still a great year.

Jordan Brady - he's challenging Luako for the main striker role, and succeeding.

David Speed - a superb midfielder.

Javi López - he was expensive but he's proving he was worth it.

Career Overview

2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The squad is getting stronger, so it is about time that we were able to challenge in every competition we enter.

Another great season. When you get that stadium, your finances will rocket.

The stadium was built at the end of last season, so this was my first year in the new ground.

I think my finances will take a while to sort themselves out, I don't think I'll start making profits until I start selling some of the players I've bought in a few years time.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2054/55

Last season we won our second successive league and Champions League double. With the squad getting better and better, this should be another successful season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

After 23 consecutive wins it looked like we could complete a perfect season, but we started dropping a few points in the final third of the season.

Community Shield - Blackburn kept the scoreline down as we dominated them.

UEFA Super Cup - this was all over by half time.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was a miracle that we only scored four.

Capital One Cup - we had a rare good run in this cup, with a demolition in the final.

FA Cup - the first three matches were far from spectacular, but we made our way to another easy final win.

UEFA Champions League - we had a bit of a wobble in the group stage, but we soon found our form as we stormed to another final. It was close, but a last Brady goal sealed the win for us.

Transfers - not a lot of action as I couldn't find anyone who I thought could improve my squad.

Squad - we could possibly strengthen the defence, but the squad is great in all areas.

Finances - another round of expensive contract renewals stopped us from making a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Michal Lauko - top scorer yet again.

Jordan Brady - another superb goal tally for my second striker.

David Speed - an injury cut his season short, but he's still brilliant.

Ousseynou N'Diaye - I was thinking about selling him, but it is hard when he plays like this.

Fredrick Onyango - for someone who missed an entire season through injury, he's doing well.

Career Overview

2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

It was a perfect season in terms of trophies, so all we can aim to do next season is to repeat it.

How do you get through seasons so quickly?

I let my assistant do the team talks and press conferences and watch the matches in commentary only.

I've also been off work for the last two weeks so I've had loads of free time :D

New stadium, complete sweep of trophies.....what is there left for you to do? Surely you must be getting a little bored of this save now, I know i would be (not that I would of even got this far into a game haha)!!

Going back into the transfer market for the first time in years has made the game feel fresh again, I forget how much I enjoy just buying and selling players.

No doubt I'll look for another challenge after a while, maybe even going back to youth only to try and get another shot at the England job I couldn't finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2055/56

Last season we won every trophy possible, so all we could hope to do was repeat that.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a great season but Manchester United chased us all the way.

Community Shield - we robbed them taking it on penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - 'it was a game of two halves' didn't really apply here.

FIFA Club World Cup - complete dominance but it took tow late goals to settle it.

Capital One Cup - with a stronger squad we have a much better chance in this competition, as we showed by winning it.

FA Cup - FC Halifax gave us a scare but we hit form and won a close final.

UEFA Champions League - we looked great until a 3-0 loss in the Camp Nou. We returned the favour, but lost on penalties.

Transfers - just one youngster brought in.

Squad - the squad is superb, but I'm starting to get to the stage where some of the players will need replacing.

Finances - we've still not managed to turn in a big profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Jordan Brady - top scorer, despite playing as the supporting striker.

Michal Luako - another great season, but he may be under pressure for his position in the team.

David Speed - yet another stunning season, I just hope the injury does not affect him too much.

Joe Slowe - a youth product who looks like he has the talent to become my main striker.

Fredrick Onyango - still putting in the performances.

Career Overview

2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners

Next Season

Losing in the Champions League in the quarter finals was a big blow, we need to make sure that doesn't happen again. Next season will be all about retaining our title while bringing the younger players through.

Do you think you need to selling players to clean up balance ?

Probably, yes.

I've not really sold anyone recently so hopefully as I start selling a few of my older stars and replacing them with youngsters I can make a profit.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2056/57

We missed out on the Champions League last season, so this season was about looking to rebuild the squad.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were not on top form as Manchester United pushed us all the way. It took a last day win to secure the title.

Community Shield - the two early goals settled it.

Capital One Cup - I rotated the squad as usual but we lost to Arsenal.

FA Cup - Hayes & Yeading gave us our biggest test as we edged out Arsenal in a close final.

UEFA Champions League - United came close to knocking us out, but we beat their rivals City in a thrilling final.

Transfers - it was a busy window as I looked to replace older players with talented youngsters. This will continue in the summer.

Squad - the squad is in great shape, although there are a few young players who need a bit of time to improve.

Finances - the player sales improved the finances, hopefully that will continue.

Key Player Profiles:

Michal Luako - top scorer once again as he regained the main striker role.

David Speed - an amazing player.

Jordan Brady - a decent return for a second striker.

Fredrick Onyango - he's working his way back into the first team.

Javi López - the winger is really hitting form.

Career Overview

2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning the treble was huge as the squad is going through a bit of a transition at the moment. With s a few more transfers I think the squad could be in a very strong position in a few years time.

You have done it again. Any former players becoming good managers or apart of your backroom staff ?

Andrew Flynn (a youth product who spent 10 years at the club before being sold to Man Utd) is manager at Chelsea. Nader Al Wahaj (youth product who retired at the club) is at Championship Birmingham.

You have no former players in your backroom staff ?

Can i see Andrew Flynn career stats and managerial stats and managerial journey ?(I want an idea of how he developed over years as a player ,turning into a manager who is now at chelsea.

Archived