Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

dafuge

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2034/35

Last season we were one match away from completing an historic treble, could we go one better this time?

League Table

We didn't run away with it last season, but we still won the title with games to spare.

Community Shield - a last minute penalty won us this one.

UEFA Super Cup - it took us until extra time to really come to life.

FIFA Club World Cup - it should have been a lot more than 3-1.

Capital One Cup - I rotated the squad a bit, but it was a decent team that was beaten by Southampton.

FA Cup - it was a great run that ended with a very lucky final win.

UEFA Champions League - the only shock came in the semi final, but we made up for that. The final was over by half time.

Transfers - the signings were just kids, but the players sold were stars. Top scorer Renan was sold as I refused to pay him silly money.

Squad - even with the big names leaving, the squad is still strong.

Youth Products - the youth system is producing some great players, so I'll be doing my best to use them to replace players I've bought.

Key Player Profiles:

Christian Herman - top scorer as he took his chance with Renan leaving.

Santiago Vidalín - playing superbly in midfield.

Emre Korkmaz - yet another superb season.

Nader Al Wahaj - currently our best youth product and first choice right back.

Joseph Mulready - another player from the youth ranks who is making a big impact.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One, FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The aim is now becoming clear, a period of a youth only squad is on the horizon.

Yeah happened to me in my Dorchester save in FM12 I think, although I had two debts at the time, and they only paid off the pathetically small one.

It came across as "This will take our financial statement onto two pages, and we'd rather have it on one. Thinking about it, can we just check our pockets and pop down to the bank?"

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36

Last season we won our second successive Premier League and Champions League double, so it was time to start aiming for something new. Over the next few years I will be looking to phase out the players I've bought to leave me with a squad entirely made up of youth products.

League Table

We spent most of the season chasing Manchester United, but they fell apart at the end of the season as their fixtures piled up.

Community Shield - a convincing win, despite Renan scoring against us again.

UEFA Super Cup - another convincing win.

FIFA Club World Cup - the scoreline flattered us, but it was an easy win.

Capital One Cup - it was close to an all-youth team, but they slipped up against Championship Leeds.

FA Cup - we made a real mess of this as a strong team lost on penalties.

UEFA Champions League - we slipped up in the group stage and paid the price for finishing second as we were edged out by Barcelona in the first knockout round.

Transfers - another huge profit as some of the stars were sold again.

Squad - the squad is featuring a lot of youth products, but it is being held together by a few key players that I had bought.

Youth Products - we are not far off from having a full squad, but they are still young and we are lacking in a couple of positions.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - selling my top scorer in favour of a youth player was a huge risk, but he did alright.

Santiago Vidalín - he's such a beast, I'm not sure how I'll replace him.

Emre Korkmaz - another player who will be hard to let go.

Léopold Agbodossinji - Ruele was sold to give him a chance, but he is awfully injury prone.

Gary Marsh - a decent winger, but he was bought so he will be off at some point.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners

Next Season

This was a tough season, but an important one for some of the younger players. Hopefully next season a few more of them can look more like Premier League quality players.

Out of interest, have you been looking to affiliates to bring in youth intakes from different nations?

I have affiliates in Finland and Northern Ireland, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My youth players are nearly always English or/and African.

Doing well. You didn't do that well this season though compared to other years.

That's just because I'm selling all my best players in favour of youth products.

This season isn't looking too great either, the title is slipping away from us :(

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2036/37

The transition to a youth only squad was underway, so it was always going to be tough to repeat the success we've had recently.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I'd pretty much conceded the title, but the fixtures favoured us in the run in with home wins over Man Utd and Arsenal. It really was an unexpected title.

Community Shield - this was a nasty warning of what might be ahead.

Capital One Cup - I rotated the squad and paid the price early on.

FA Cup - it was one replay too many as we just missed out on a trip to Wembley.

UEFA Champions League - the draws were incredibly kind to us all the way through, guiding us all the way to the final which we just about won.

Transfers - very little action here as a few more of the signed players were sold to make way for youth players.

Squad - I think I'm a goalie, left back, centre back and left winger short of being able to switch to an all youth squad.

Youth Products - there are enough star players here to make a decent squad.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer again, but a bad injury ruled him out of the run in.

Santiago Vidalín - probably the player we will miss the most.

Emre Korkmaz - with him not far behind.

Léopold Agbodossinji - had a solid season but a terrible disciplinary record.

Ken Darlington - a potential superstar, impressing at the age of just 15.

Career Overview

2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners

Next Season

This was an unexpected season as we managed to win an unlikely double. Hopefully we will be able to repeat something like this next season before I sell off the last few players.

I wish I could get through seasons so quickly.

I've recently switched the 3D off and gone back to commentary only, which makes a massive difference to the speed.

Also, with my assistant taking press conferences and team talks and there being no incoming transfers I'm zooming through the seasons at the moment.

Still never watched a game in 3D, had a short stint on the small 2D pitch but straight back to the original...still don't think anything is better only commentary!!

Never have been a fan of change though

I like the visual representation of the game, as I find it easier to see where things are going wrong. I think that's a lot harder on commentary only. But that's just my personal opinion!

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2037/38

Last season we achieved an unexpected double despite the squad being weakened in an attempt to bring the youth products through. Could we repeat that?

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a slow start and Arsenal built up a big lead at the top early on. We picked up mid-season but Arsenal ran away with it.

Community Shield - a comfortable victory against the unlikely cup winners.

UEFA Super Cup - another one sided match and another trophy.

FIFA Club World Cup - the scoreline flattered them as we controlled the match easily.

Capital One Cup - we were looking good to make the final, but I stuck with the kids who took a hammering at Old Trafford.

FA Cup - I played a weakened team in this cup so it was a shock to get as far as we did.

UEFA Champions League - we had a superb run with minimal travelling, but the final just didn't go our way.

Transfers - not a lot of action, but I got a great price for Amodeo.

Squad - we have five players left to sell, two of which will certainly go in the summer. Goalkeeper is the only position we are seriously weak in.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer again.

Santiago Vidalín - this is the player I don't want to sell, he's just too good.

Emre Korkmaz - he's approaching 30 and his contract is up next year so I'll be looking to sell him. He's been a legend.

Tom Mayo - he's not quite hit top form, but he's looking like a great player.

Josh Jervis - he was solid in the games he was needed for.

Career Overview

2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists

Next Season

I'm certainly going to be selling a couple of the remaining players soon, but I'm tempted to take the plunge and sell the lot. The only worry is that would leave me with a weak defence and a terrible goalie.

Archived