Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

dafuge

dafuge is struggling as well? makes me feel better about my current game :D

stuck in the same position at the moment. BSP and no money!

The part time two year contract limit is killing me. It means I'm having to extend a lot of contracts meaning my players are getting regular pay rises :(

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wingate & Finchley - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2016/17

Last season we spent a second season battling against relegation, and with tight finances it looked unlikely that anything would change.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a great start to the season, but just couldn't keep it going as the fixtures started to pile up. A poor end to the season saw us slip just outside the playoff places.

FA Trophy - the usual early exit.

FA Cup - it was a great run, although we didn't get the big pay day we were hoping for.

Transfers - the finances meant I couldn't bring in anyone to improve the squad.

Squad - the squad is pretty decent, so hopefully the same players will be good enough to get us out of this league.

Finances - the debt is increasing, which could mean we struggle with the wage budget next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Aiden O'Brien - top scorer again in a stunning season.

Kurtis March - a big contribution from the midfielder.

Nathan Nyafli - another great season from the striker.

Orlando Koster - solid as ever.

Stephen Arthurworthy - signed last season, has made a huge difference to our defence.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th

Next Season

This was an unexpected improvement, so hopefully we can build on this and at least make the playoffs next season.

Wingate & Finchley - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2017/18

My poor control of the finances had meant we were faced with cutting costs as we tried to improve on last season where we just missed out on the playoffs,

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite a mid season dip, we made a decent title challenge but ended up settling for a place in the playoffs.

Playoff semi final leg 1 - this was unexpected as we made the most of our chances and took a big lead.

Playoff semi final leg 2 - we expected to hang on to our lead, but an early goal meant we actually controlled the match.

Playoff final - it just wasn't our day as we failed to take our chances and ended up conceded late goals.

FA Trophy - for once we really went for it, and with the help of a couple of replays we made the final, which we dominated but only just won.

FA Cup - we were flying in the cup, but the draw didn't help us out as we missed out on a big pay day by losing to QPR at home.

Transfers - the only action came late in the season as we had to add to the squad to save our exhausted players.

Squad - we started the season with 19 players, so a few backup players were added to fill the gaps.

Finances - at the start of the season we were worried about administration, we've ended up in a better position than ever.

Key Player Profiles:

Aiden O'Brien - a stunning season, but his contract is up so it could be his last here.

Nathan Nyafli - another great season from the supporting striker.

Paul Hecker - the left back had a great season leading the assists for the team.

Louis Thompson - a superb player for this level, and will be staying for next season.

Stephen Arthurworrey - our best defender again.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists

Next Season

Losing in the playoff final was obviously a massive blow, but it has been a great season nonetheless. Withe the finances looking better I'm hoping I'll get a decent budget for next season to finally try and improve this squad.

Only one auto promotion spot and a mixture of full and part time clubs. One of the toughest leagues to get out of in real life too.

Playing as a part time club definitely is a massive factor when in the BSP. Once you're out of that division, especially with the 4 up in League Two it get's a lot easier to jump straight to League One.

Playing as a part time club definitely is a massive factor when in the BSP. Once you're out of that division, especially with the 4 up in League Two it get's a lot easier to jump straight to League One.

Indeed. Teams very rarely get relegated back down after promotion, and teams relegated into the Conference very rarely go straight back up.

I know you obviously want to get up the leagues as quickly as possible given the nature of the challenge, but I find I get engrossed in a save a lot more if I have to battle for a few years in each division. It just seems more realistic.

It is superb, it is what I've wanted from the lower leagues for years.

Wingate & Finchley - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2018/19

Last season we missed out on promotion by losing the playoff final, but with decent looking finances and an FA Trophy win under our belt, surely we could mount a decent promotion attempt?

League Table

League Positions Graph

Things just didn't go our way as we failed to find any sort of form, just getting the odd result here and there to keep us in mid table.

FA Trophy - I rotated the squad once again and it didn't work.

FA Cup - this was the story of our season as we beat League 1 and 2 opposition to set up a dream tie against Man City. We nearly managed to nick a draw, but the money was the real prize.

Transfers - Aiden O'Brien (our star player) left at the end of last season, just to spend the entire year unattached. We failed to replace him and suffered as a result.

Squad - the money from the Man City match has helped us keep a few players for another year, but the squad is in huge need of improvement.

Finances - we are relatively rich, so I'm hoping I'll get a chance to spend some of that money on bringing in some players to help us get back into promotion contention.

Key Player Profiles:

Nathan Nyafli - our top scorer, but he'll be leaving on a free as I cannot extend his contract.

Louis Thompson - our star winger, joining Dunfermline for nothing.

Kurtis March - our second top scorer, from midfield. Just shows how weak our strikers are.

Stephen Arthurworry - our only decent defender.

Jack Dovey - saved us on numerous occasions.

Career Overview

2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         

Next Season

This season was a shocker, but the boost to the finances gives me hope for next season. Everything depends on what sort of budget I'm given and what sort of players I can attract with it. I'd like to make the playoffs at least but without signing a couple of decent striker it just won't happen.

Great news!

I'm not sure it was yet. I've signed most of the current squad to full time deals and brought a few backup players in, but I think I've got a weaker squad than last season. The worst thing is I am massively over my wage budget, so I could be in even bigger financial trouble by the end of the season.

I'm just hoping that having full time players makes a big difference.

Archived