Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

dafuge

Wow this is all amazing! Has been a great read catching up with it all. Are you gonna continue with Wingate & Finchley now your England manager?

Are you still just running the English leagues?

What are the comps histories looking like? Liverpool still stuck on 18?

Any chance you could upload your game? would be great fun playing that far into the game? My laptop would take weeks to get that far into the future even holidaying it.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow this is all amazing! Has been a great read catching up with it all. Are you gonna continue with Wingate & Finchley now your England manager?

Are you still just running the English leagues?

What are the comps histories looking like? Liverpool still stuck on 18?

Any chance you could upload your game? would be great fun playing that far into the game? My laptop would take weeks to get that far into the future even holidaying it.

Yes, I'll be managing both. I'm using my W&F players for the England team.

Yes, just the English leagues.

Liverpool won the Europa League but have become a bit of a midtable team of late.

As always, I'm happy to upload my game once I'm finished with it but not before that.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2038/39

At the end of last season I decided to make a bold move and sell off the last five players that I had signed meaning my squad was now entirely produced from the youth academy. This season was bound to be tough as I had a smaller, younger and weaker squad than previous seasons.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I was absolutely delighted with this league finish as it keeps us in the Champions League for next season. There's a big gap to the top two, but I think we will close it in the next few years as our players get older.

Community Shield - we didn't deserve it at all, but it was an unexpected first trophy for the new squad.

Capital One Cup - I used the squad players for this, with the usual result.

FA Cup - I also rotated the squad for this, so it was a surprise to get past Chelsea.

UEFA Champions League - this competition just proves how strong our first team is. We came so close to making the final but threw it away in spectacular fashion at Arsenal.

Transfers - this will probably be the last bit of transfer action for a while as I sold of those last few players.

Squad - the balance isn't great, but we've got the basis of a decent squad here. We'll need a few more star players to come through to give us the squad depth needed to challenge for the title.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer again in a stunning season.

Ken Darlington - still very young, but he had a good first season as a first choice striker.

Léopold Agbodossinji - a solid season from the midfielder.

Michael Archer - he's our only decent central defender, so we struggle without him.

Ian Penney - came through the youth system some time ago, but never really got a chance in the first team.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         

Next Season

I'm hoping that our players will improve with age, so as long as we qualify for the Champions League again I'll be happy.

Things with England have been similar to club level. I've used the squad players for the friendlies (which hasn't gone well!) but qualification for Euro 2040 is looking a lot better.

The goalie situation is actually looking a bit better. The two goalies I've had over the last two years (who were just signed to make up the numbers) are getting rating fairly highly now. One of them was signed as a 2* PA player is now rated as 4*PA, although that could be due to being compared to Rockett who is terrible.

In other news Joseph Mulready has been on fire recently, 30 goals in 23 games. Then he got injured for two months :mad:

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2039/40

Last season we had our first year as a squad entirely made up of youth products and we did really well. As the squad gets older I'm hoping we can improve and push for the title once again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We gave Man City a run for the title, but as the fixtures piled up we struggled. We managed to hold on to 2nd place, but only just.

Capital One Cup - a terrible draw for us as we crashed at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - the draws came out in our favour as we met just one top flight side on our way to the final. The final was a thriller as we dragged it into extra time with two late goals, then grabbed a winner with just a few minutes left.

UEFA Champions League - we had a couple of crazy matches in the knockout rounds, but we somehow found ourselves in the final. Unfortunately Inter did to us what what we had done to Man Utd in the FA Cup final as we lost it in the last minute.

Squad - I signed up three new youth players, but none of them are likely to make the first team. There's no doubt that we've got the quality coming through, but the quantity means it is likely to take a few more years until we have got a squad capable of challenging for multiple titles.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - another great season, despite missing two months through injury.

Léopold Agbodossinji - solid once again, he really is World class.

Neil Duxbury - he stood in for Mulready and impressed.

Ian Penney - the veteran of the squad.

Gej Perry - DC is my weakest position, but he had a good season.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

I'm delighted with this season as we made progress in every major competition. I don't think we will catch Man City next season but it would be good to close the gap.

Euro 2040 with England is coming up now.

England - UEFA European Championship - Germany 2040

My aim was to win a major competition with England just by using the players produced by my own W&F youth system.

Qualification - it was relatively easy, although we did suffer a shock loss at Wembley to the Czech Republic.

Tournament squad - the only players I left out were a few youth players and injured winger Andy Joyce.

Group draw - looks like a tough group, but hopefully we can pick up two wins before we meet Italy.

Pre tournament friendlies - nothing spectacular, but I was able to give the entire squad a decent run-out.

England v Sweden (group stage)

This was a shocker as the scoreline flattered Sweden. Italy beat Serbia which meant our next game was crucial.

Serbia v England (group stage)

It looked like we were going to be beaten again but we clawed our way back into it and scraped a win with two late goals. Italy drawing with Sweden means a win against Italy will see us qualify.

England v Italy (group stage)

We got the win, but we were hanging on for our lives for the last half an hour!

Group Table

Sweden unexpectedly topped the group, with us sneaking through in second. Italy just managed to qualify despite the loss. The draw sounds great as we meet Bulgaria in the next round.

England v Bulgaria (2nd round)

We cruised past them, although it could have been very different if their strikers had been on form.

England v Portugal (quarter final)

A goal from our captain settled this match, which wasn't a classic.

Germany v England (semi final)

We took it to extra time, but hosts Germany were too good for us. At least it wasn't on penalties.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2040/41

Last season we won our first major trophy since the transition to an all-W&F youth product squad. This season I was hoping to close the gap on Man City for the title.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We won exactly the same number of points as last season, but came a point closer to the leaders. More importantly we opened up a four point gap on third placed Man Utd.

Community Shield - we were lucky to take this to penalties as we were completely outplayed.

Capital One Cup - we did well to get this far as I stuck with the fringe players.

FA Cup - another terrible draw as our reserves got stuffed.

UEFA Champions League - we had a terrible start but soon hit unstoppable form. The final was tight, but we won it with our only shot on target.

Squad - every year the squad gets stronger as the players get older. We had our first non-English youth player make it into the first team squad, hopefully I can convert him sooner or later.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - another stunning season, he managed to avoid any big injuries this time.

Léopold Agbodossinji - solid yet again.

Barry Miles - the promising midfielder has started chipping in with a few goals.

Tom Mayo - technically great, but has struggled to hit top form until now.

Phil Batty - another great winger who is starting to find his feet.

Career Overview

2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners

Next Season

We are still making progress which is great, hopefully the shock Champions League win will be enough to allow us to kick on and really challenge Man City for the title.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2041/42

Last season we managed to win the Champions League which gave us our second major trophy as a squad of only youth products. This season we were looking to close the distance on title winners Man City.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It wasn't convincing, but we edged out Man City to the title. Man City look to be getting weaker as their strikers (that I sold them) are getting older.

UEFA Super Cup - despite dominating the match we made hard work in getting the win.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - another poor run in this competition.

FA Cup - things were looking good until we drew Man City away.

UEFA Champions League - we were looking unbeatable but Arsenal stole a victory at our ground before holding on to a 0-0 to knock us out in the semi final.

Squad - the squad is looking a lot more balanced now as the players are getting older. We are still weak on the left flank but the squad is looking great.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - another stunning goal tally.

Léopold Agbodossinji - missed a lot through injury, but played superbly.

Adam Thompson - a real star, and still young.

Tom Mayo - looks great but has never really played as well as he could.

Phil Batty - another decent winger who provides a lot of assists.

Career Overview

2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners

Next Season

Winning the league title was superb, but I have a feeling that retaining it will be more difficult. A league/CL double is what I am after, but that looks unlikely.

World Cup 2042 with England is up next.

England - FIFA World Cup - Portugal 2042

My aim was to win a major competition with England just by using the players produced by my own W&F youth system.

Qualification - an early loss to Belgium meant we were always chasing them and eventually had to settle for second place. A 3-1 playoff win against Scotland saw us qualify.

Tournament squad - my first choice right back was the only player missing through injury.

Group draw - as second seeds, this draw looked great for us.

Pre tournament friendlies - the draw with USA was disappointing as I used my strongest lineup.

England v Turkey (group stage)

It wasn't convincing, but it was great to hold on to the win in our first group game.

DR Congo v England (group stage)

After 10 minutes we looked to be cruising, but somehow we managed to throw it away. A point against Mexico will see us qualify, a win puts us top. We could even lose and still qualify.

England v Mexico (group stage)

It was looking like a draw until a late strike from our left back.

Group Table

We never really hit top form, but did enough to top the group. The draw for the second round puts us against the team that qualified ahead of us, Belgium.

England v Belgium (2nd round)

We scored an early goal and held on for a narrow win. Our inability to kill off a game continues, but at least we are not losing. Up next is the team that knocked us out of the last tournament, Germany.

Germany v England (quarter final)

We were terrible as Germany beat us with ease.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2042/43

Last season we won our first league title with a squad of youth products, the challenge this season was to defend it.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The gap at the top really flattered us as both Arsenal and Man City looked more like champions during the season.

Community Shield - we really didn't deserve this win.

Capital One Cup - unlike usual, we had a good run in this competition beating Championship Hull in the final.

FA Cup - another great cup run, finishing with a one sided final.

UEFA Champions League - our home form took us through a number of tricky matches but we made surprisingly easy work of the final.

Squad - still weak on the left side, but elsewhere the squad is in excellent shape.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer yet again.

Léopold Agbodossinji - another solid season, despite the red cards.

Ian Penney - the old man of the squad, who just won't give up his place in the team.

Adriatik Bytyqi - with some good defenders coming through, he's stepped his game up.

Ashley Amos - not really rated by my coaches, but he's still doing well.

Career Overview

2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning the quadruple was completely unexpected, I honestly think we will struggle to retain the league title next season.

Looks like a striker to me.

That's what I was thinking. I like the idea of him playing the supporting striker role, but he seems to be a decent goalscorer.

Magrão - here's a trickier one. He's got an odd combination of positions, I'm thinking DC since I don't use a target man.

That's what I was thinking. I like the idea of him playing the supporting striker role, but he seems to be a decent goalscorer.

Magrão - here's a tricker one. He's got an odd combination of positions, I'm thinking DC since I don't use a target man.

Looks like he'd be good at fullback, centreback or defensive midfield with those attributes. Get his passing up and he'll be a very tidy ball-playing centreback.

How come your screenshots are so small recently? They used to be bigger and easier to see the attributes.

Not sure really. I know photobucket have made a few changes, maybe that is something to do with it. I'll see if I can change it.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2043/44

Last season we completed an incredible quadruple, I'd be happy with a quarter of that this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had already conceded the title and settled for a Champions League spot, but as our form improved the form of the top sides declined. I still don't think we are the best team in the league, so this run surely cannot go on.

Community Shield - a stunningly flattering scoreline.

UEFA Super Cup - this one was a bit more predictable.

FIFA World Club Cup - another one sided final.

Capital One Cup - we had a good run but our second string were knocked out in the semi finals.

FA Cup - our reserves didn't get so far in this competition.

UEFA Champions League - we blasted our way through the early rounds but came up short in the final.

Squad - we are looking great now, we can only get better.

Key Player Profiles:

Joseph Mulready - top scorer yet again.

Léopold Agbodossinji - another solid season.

Ken Darlington - he started scoring again now he has some competition.

Ian Penney - brilliant again from the veteran.

Barry Miles - maybe not a first teamer, but had a great season.

Career Overview

2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

Winning the title again was a surprise, I really can't see that happening again.

Controversial but I'd quite like you to take on a new challenge Daf. I think you've achieved all you can with this team and I think you still have plenty of time to get another good save done. Tempted?

My aim was to win the World Cup with my locally produced players (after I failed to do it on FM10), so I'd quite like to keep trying to do that.

England - UEFA European Championship - Switzerland & Austria 2044

Qualification - we won our first eight games to secure qualification before managing to draw with Moldova!

Tournament squad - everyone was fit, this was my first choice 23. This is the third major tournament for my squad made up entirely of W&F youth products.

Group draw - we got lucky as second seeds in drawing one of the hosts. We really should top this group.

Pre tournament friendlies - a mixed bunch, with a shock in Israel.

Wales v England (group stage)

It was completely one sided as we finally put on a show on the big stage.

England v Poland (group stage)

A first half Mulready hat-trick settled the match.

Austria v England (group stage)

I didn't mind finishing second so I rotated the squad. The second string put in a great performance anyway.

Group Table

We convincingly topped the table, but got a horrible draw in the next round.

Spain v England (2nd round)

This was a superb result, but we will miss Mayo after his red card. Our next match was going to be another tough one.

England v Italy (quarter final)

It looked like we were on our way out, but a superb second half has seen us reach the semi finals.

England v France (semi final)

After two early goals it looked like we were going to cruise to victory, but France battled back. France did score a 90th minute equaliser, but the referee controversially disallowed it for offside. After three high profile matches, we meet surprise package Bulgaria in the final, without the injured Mulready and suspended Amos.

Bulgaria v England (final)

We were huge favourites so the early goal was a big relief. Stepping in for Mulready, Duxbury stole the show with a Geoff Hurst-like hat-trick. This win represents the first major international trophy my locally produced squad has managed to win, it is a huge moment for the club.

Archived