Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

dafuge

You have no former players in your backroom staff ?

Can i see Andrew Flynn career stats and managerial stats and managerial journey ?(I want an idea of how he developed over years as a player ,turning into a manager who is now at chelsea.

I have Joseph Mulready as a fitness coach, just because he was a legend at the club. I could get a better coach if I wanted to.

Andrew Flynn - career stats - managerial career

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was very injury prone as a player ?

How are your staff developing ?

Any good players coming out the academy ?

What is your team personality and HOYD personality ?

Are most of the youth products coming out with a personality similar to his ?

He was very injury prone as a player ?

How are your staff developing ?

Any good players coming out the academy ?

What is your team personality and HOYD personality ?

Are most of the youth products coming out with a personality similar to his ?

No, he just never really secured a place in the first team despite being a decent player.

I tend to bring in top class staff regularly, so I haven't seen much development in the current staff.

Probably more than when I was just playing with the youth products. Rofe, Quesada, Slowe and Tuckwood have all come through since the all-youth period.

Squad - Driven, HOYD - fairly professional. Most of my squad have been bought though.

A complete mixture.

How long before you don't need player sales to maintain your finances ?

I'm not sure I'll ever get to that point. The only way I can see that happening is with another new 100k+ stadium, which I don't think will happen within the next 20 years.

I was afraid you would say that. Do you give decent youth products a chance or do they have to be 4 stars or more before you even look at them ?

are all of your youth facilities max out ?

When I was in my youth-only phase I would give anyone with half decent potential a chance. Now the only youth players I sign to pro deals are 3*+ as I can easily get better players elsewhere.

Yes, although they dip every now and again due to technological advancements before being improved again.

Would you say most of these youth players are given chances or it depends on other factors such as strength in depth,league points lead.etc ?

If my coaches think a youth player has the potential, then he'll get chances in the first team. If my coaches don't think he has the potential to make it into my first team then they usually just sit in the reserves.

Of course it was all different when I was all-youth. Then pretty much anyone with half decent potential got a chance in the first team as I didn't have the option of buying someone better.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2057/58

We had a good season last year winning the treble, but Manchester United ran us very close in the league. This season I wanted to re-establish the gap between the clubs.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We eventually pulled clear, but United had yet another great season.

Community Shield - the scoreline flattered us.

UEFA Super Cup - once again, we were just better at taking our chances.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided, as usual.

Capital One Cup - we fell at the first hurdle, which was a shame as I wanted to give the kids a few more games.

FA Cup - Manchester City took us to a replay before knocking us out.

UEFA Champions League - it wasn't the easiest of runs, but we somehow managed to undeservingly win another final.

Transfers - a decent profit as younger players were brought in as replacements.

Squad - the squad is full of talent, but it might need trimming down to make sure everyone gets enough games.

Finances - I've won the big two competitions and made nearly £100m though transfers but I've still somehow made a loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - a locally produced player is our top scorer for the season.

Michal Lauko - scored plenty, but is now my second choice main striker so may be off soon.

Jordan Brady - a great return for the supporting striker.

John Bakker - a solid defender.

Hudson Maicon - his contract is far too expensive to renew, so he may be released next year. Amazing that he is uncapped.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

We haven't been the dominant force in all competitions that we have been in the past, which is probably down to the young players I have. Hopefully as they get older we should improve.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2058/59

The challenge from Manchester United has meant that the league is our biggest challenge, we need to be at out best to win it.

League Table

We were unbeaten for our first 31 games before losing to City. Too many draws meant it came down to the final game before we secured the title.

Community Shield - a convincing win to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - we were lucky to take this on penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup - we came so close to losing, but snatched two late goals.

Capital One Cup - I played the younger players and got to the semi finals.

FA Cup - another loss in a semi final.

UEFA Champions League - we came 2nd in the group but hit form in the knockout stages. The final was close, but we took our chances.

Transfers - huge profit as I sold a few stars to give the youngsters a chance in the first team.

Squad - we have so many talented youngsters, we just need a bit of time to allow them to peak.

Finances - looking healthy now I've sold a few big names.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - an amazing goal return for the local lad.

Jordan Brady - a great supporting striker.

David Speed - not sure how I'll ever replace him.

Didier Yao - a youngster who has been given a chance in the first team.

Ricardo Rincón - was signed as a backup player but he's impressed.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

It was a repeat of last season, so hopefully the young players will improve enough to allow us to challenge for every trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2059/60

Once again, our aim was to open up a gap against rivals Manchester United and hopefully win one of the smaller cups with our squad players.

League Table

We weren't unbeatable, but we managed to pull away from the Manchester clubs.

Community Shield - we really should have win this without the penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - no problems against Championship Blackburn.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

NextGen Series - I usually don't bother, but pit a bit of effort into this, including managing them in the final.

Capital One Cup - not usually a great competition for us, but we stormed through a one sided final.

FA Cup - we came up short against Swansea.

UEFA Champions League - the knockout rounds were a bit nervy, but we made our way to a final where we came back to win.

Transfers - not a lot of action.

Squad - the young squad is getting better and better, it is hard to improve it now.

Finances - looking healthy again.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - another stunning season from the striker.

Ricardo Rincon - he's claimed the second striker role.

David Speed - he's getting older but is still running the show.

John Bakker - the rock at the back.

Jordan Brady - still putting in great performances.

Career Overview

2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We finally got that extra cup we wanted, without losing out on the major honours. Total domination is hopefully on the way.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2060/61

We have been dominating the Premier League and Champions League recently, so our major challenge was to improve the fringe players enough to be able to win the minor cups as well.

League Table

We didn't hit top spot until the 30th game, but once there we pulled away thanks to the game in hand we had.

Community Shield - a battering.

UEFA Super Cup - feels weird playing Lincoln in this.

FIFA Club World Cup - it took a while, but we finally made the breakthrough.

Capital One Cup - a complete set of wins, mostly done with the squad players. The final was a bit closer than expected.

FA Cup - just one minor slip up, but not enough to stop us making our way to the final, which we won.

UEFA Champions League - we lost it a bit once we had qualified from the group, but some big wins saw us thought the knockout rounds. The final was one sided, but it took us ages to score and get our fifth win in a row.

Transfers - very little action as a few squad players were sold.

Squad - the wings are the weakest positions, but this squad is immense.

Finances - a solid season for the finances, despite a few expensive contract renewals.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - wasn't quite as good as last season, but still amazing.

Ricardo Rincón - an amazing goal return for the supporting striker.

Jordan Brady - I was thinking of selling him, but he's scored when needed.

Shane Rofe - long term replacement for David Speed.

Nicolai Clausen - a great right back.

Career Overview

2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We achieved the perfect season in terms of trophies, so all we can do is hope to repeat that. When to start dropping Speed/Bakker is going to be my next big decision.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2061/62

Last season we won every trophy available, so all I could hope for was a repeat.

League Table

The gap has been extended, although we were a lot worse than last season.

Community Shield - two early goals sealed it in a dull game.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a goalfest.

FIFA Club World Cup - two missed penalties and two goals in a minute, Rincon had an eventful match.

Capital One Cup - it wasn't a convincing run, but we beat some good teams. The final was easy enough.

FA Cup - for some reason we were terrible away from home, but we still made our way to another win.

UEFA Champions League - an unbeaten run, with a dramatic comeback in the final.

Transfers - just one signing, in preparation of replacing an older player in Bakker.

Squad - it is tough to improve this squad, but we are still getting youth products who are making it.

Finances - not really sure how we made this loss, it can only be because we didn't sell any players.

Key Player Profiles:

Jordan Brady - with Slowe injured for a lot of the season, he took his chance to shine.

Joe Slowe - did well, but had a terrible time with injuries.

John Bakker - a legend at the club, but I'm thinking of letting him go to let someone younger take his place.

Isaac - good enough to fill Bakker's boots.

Santiago Parisi - rarely gets mentioned, but he's a quality keeper.

Career Overview

2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We did it again, so now might be the time to move on the older players and let the youngsters step into the first team.

So now that the club is by far the dominant club in England and Europe, and plans on going to a new challenge?

Not yet, I'm quite happy just improving my squad while keeping one eye on the finances.

Another youth-only phase is tempting, the kids I'm getting through now seem better than the ones I had during the last phase.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2062/63

Last season we completed a second successive clean sweep of the trophies, so we were looking for a hat trick.

League Table

We went 36 games unbeaten, then lost our last two matches of the season meaning we are still yet to go unbeaten in the league.

Community Shield - we outplayed them but lost on penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - no such problems here as we won with ease.

FIFA Club World Cup - the usual result.

Capital One Cup - our fringe players cruised through, but got lucky in the final.

FA Cup - a shock defeat ended our run of trophies.

UEFA Champions League - we had a couple of shocks in the group, but hit form in the knockout rounds. Following our two league defeats, we played the final which ended in disaster.

Transfers - we made a decent profit as older players were sold in favour of youngsters.

Squad - the squad is too big for my liking, so there will be players leaving this summer.

Finances - a small profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he was back on form again, and injury free.

Ricardo Rincón - he reclaimed his spot in the team.

David Speed - his contract is up and I can't justify renewing it since he wants a new challenge.

Isaac - he's replaced Bakker with ease.

Jordan Brady - another player likely to be on his way out for a new challenge.

Career Overview

2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

We finished the season with three consecutive defeats, which puts a bit of doubt over how string we could be next season. I'll be looking to trim the squad and maybe sign a couple of youngsters to freshen things up.

I find I lose a few games at the end of a great season a lot. It's as though the players are already on holiday mode in their brains.

It was partly my fault.

We faced Arsenal away, which was a tough game which we lost. With the unbeaten record gone I fielded a weakened team in the next match, which we lost.

In hindsight I should have stayed strong to regain the momentum going into the Champions League final.

Archived