Grimsby - Grimsby Stadium

Hereford - Hereford Stadium

Leamington - Leamington Stadium

Lincoln - Lincoln Stadium

Amazing :D

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the topic of new stadia, every year I get annoyed by the terrible names that appear over time.

Here's a list of the clubs currently in the PL who have new grounds:

Arsenal - Molina Arena

Chelsea - Terry Park

Man City - Man City Stadium

Swansea - Nikolopoulos Arena

Torquay - Torquay Stadium

Tottenham - Hoddle Stadium

Wingate & Finchley - Dafuge Arena

Most are terrible, but I quite like Arsenal's :D

Yeah I agree, out of those Molina Arena sounds the best, the rest are rubbish especially the last one.;)

Just makes me think did Cardiff City consult SI when naming their stadium.

I agree, obviously it hard for the game to be able to make up names just like that but there are few things (like club legends, which are used but could be done more often) that should provide options, rather than just the club name more often than not. I'm glad that on my save, while Norwich just have 'Norwich stadium', Ipswich have 'Silva Stadium' (after one of my former players).

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2072/73

With a new chairman and the possibility of a new stadium on the horizon, this season had the potential to be an important one.

League Table

Another decent season for us, but our unbeaten season is becoming a distant memory.

Community Shield - we deserved the win, but it needed penalties.

UEFA Super Cup - a comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - another easy win.

Capital One Cup - we were beaten fairly easily in the quarter finals.

FA Cup - a fairly easy run to a one sided final.

UEFA Champions League - we stumbled in a few matches, but made easy work of the final.

Transfers - just a couple of youngsters to boost the squad size.

Squad - in superb shape.

Finances - a small profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - not bad for a 35 year old.

Rajko Pjevac - starting to regain his form after his injures.

Stephen Howard - had a good season including a spell as a striker due to injuries.

Shane Rofe - another great season, including an England debut at the age of 30!

Joe fuge - not in the same class at the rest of the squad, but holding his own.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         NextGen series and CWC winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League finalists
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  3rd         
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Champions League winners
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2070/71   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2071/72   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

The new chairman came in, and did nothing. The new stadium was requested, and turned down. Hopefully we can improve on that next season.

Daf your staying power astounds me year after year how do you 1. Find the time and 2. Keep motivating yourself I hit the ceiling with Fc United won everything but the premiership and after 30 seasons struggled to keep going for it. Got abit stale

Daf your staying power astounds me year after year how do you 1. Find the time and 2. Keep motivating yourself I hit the ceiling with Fc United won everything but the premiership and after 30 seasons struggled to keep going for it. Got abit stale

1. I play very quickly, mostly at weekends and holidays from work. I watch games on commentary only and let my assistant take team talks and press conferences.

2. I usually have long term aims (currently a new stadium and the career of my son) but I do quite enjoy just buying and selling players. One thing I've found different on this version is that I seem unable to rack up a huge profit, I'm having to sell players just to keep the finances in check.

Here are the new ones in the Championship:

Altrincham - Altrincham Stadium

Bath - Bath Stadium

Burton - Burton Stadium

Chelmsford - Chelmsford Stadium

Cheltenham - Cheltenham Stadium

Grimsby - Grimsby Stadium

Hereford - Hereford Stadium

Leamington - Leamington Stadium

Lincoln - Lincoln Stadium

Amazing :D

Quite surprised to see my local team in the Championship as they start outside the playable leagues (Leamington).

2. I usually have long term aims (currently a new stadium and the career of my son) but I do quite enjoy just buying and selling players. One thing I've found different on this version is that I seem unable to rack up a huge profit, I'm having to sell players just to keep the finances in check.
I have found that too. I struggle to compete with the big clubs despite being a top 5 team for ages. The stadium (brand new) is too small when built we had already won champions league and they built a 20,000 seater that sells out every game now

Just curious how old was you when your son was born?

Edit - Think I have worked it out, you are about 93 now and your son is 19 so you were 74.:), it's a good job you missed 15 years of his life or running around after him might have killed you off.;)

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2073/74

There was still no news on a new stadium, so it was business as usual.

League Table

Not even close to an unbeaten season, but strolled to the title.

Community Shield - easy enough.

UEFA Super Cup - very one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - extremely one sided.

Capital One Cup - no problems as we made another final.

FA Cup - Arsenal probably regretted taking us to a replay as we made another final.

UEFA Champions League - one defeat in the group stage, but we were unstoppable on our way to the final. It was an even game, but the penalties did not go our way.

Transfers - a couple of players swapped for youngsters.

Squad - there are quite a few youngsters to bring through, but the squad is in decent shape.

Finances - a loss, due to a large number of contract renewals.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he's still got it at 36.

Reinhold Braun - Pjevac has not been the same since his injury, so Braun has become our top striker.

Juan Diego - with a bad injury to Rofe he finally got his chance in the first team.

Robert Ozimec - a great supporting striker.

Joe fuge - no one seems to have noticed how bad he is yet.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  3rd         NextGen series, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  3rd         CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and FA Cup winners, Capital One Cup finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, NextGen Series, Capital One Cup and Champions League winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2063/64   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2064/65   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2069/70   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2072/73   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

Winning back the Champions League is the priority, but there's also the chance of that new stadium.

Each time I see CWC I think you've won the Cup Winners Cup and everytime it makes me sad when I realise you haven't. They'll have to build a new ground for you soon just for some additional trophy storage space!

1. I play very quickly, mostly at weekends and holidays from work. I watch games on commentary only and let my assistant take team talks and press conferences.

Do you play on FM Classic? or do you holiday often. Any tips on how to play quickly. I don't think i have ever been able to complete more than 10 seasons.

Do you play on FM Classic? or do you holiday often. Any tips on how to play quickly. I don't think i have ever been able to complete more than 10 seasons.

I've not played the classic version, and I don't ever go on holiday (other than the first season to get W&F playable).

Delegating team talks, press conferences and opposition instructions to my assistant makes things a bit faster, but watching games on commentary only makes a huge difference.

Also do you spend any time on tactics or just 1 standard formation and run through season

I never touch the tactics. I'm still using the same tactic I created for FM11, which is just a basic 4-4-2 wide diamond. It's nothing special, just a basic tactic that will work well when I have players that are better than the opposition.

I never touch the tactics. I'm still using the same tactic I created for FM11, which is just a basic 4-4-2 wide diamond. It's nothing special, just a basic tactic that will work well when I have players that are better than the opposition.

One more thing. Do you change anything midgame based on how the match is going? like going from standard to defensive.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2074/75

Last season we lost out on the Champions League trophy for the first time in eleven years, so this year we wanted to win it back.

League Table

We haven't lost seven games in a season since 2036, our fringe players just couldn't quite keep our form up.

Community Shield - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - we nearly blew it in the semi final, then had a shocker in the final.

FA Cup - just the one match.

UEFA Champions League - this was the important one, we were not taking it lightly. It was close, but we needed extra time in the final.

Transfers - I sold our star striker due to a lack of goals, which didn't turn out to be a great move.

Squad - we are struggling with the decline of legends Slowe, Rofe and Robinson. We have youngster with potential, but they are not close to replacing them yet.

Finances - a tiny profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - his legs have gone, but he still managed to bang in the goals when needed.

Reinhold Braun - our main striker, but didn't score like Pjevac used to.

Dahi Matthews - room for improvement, but he's a great talent.

Robert Ozimec - brilliant yet again.

Joe fuge - he's looking out of place now.

Career Overview

2073/74   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2074/75   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners

Next Season

Hopefully the youngsters will improve enough to get us challenging on all fronts once again, as we could do with repeating the successes of a few years ago to give us a better chance of a new stadium.

About twenty years since you last failed to make the Champions League final. That's remarkable.

It just goes to show how easy the matches are to win when I prioritise them in terms of squad selection, especially when the matches are played over two legs.

I find the FA Cup harder to win as you don't get a second chance in the 2nd leg when you slip up.

What are your plans for your son?

I always planned on making mine my Assistant Manager with a view to getting him a decent management job.. but i haven't had a son yet. :/

I've tried to make him part of the squad and use him in rotation with the other defenders, but he is pretty terrible compared to everyone else.

Ideally I'd like to keep him around the squad until he retires, but he might start getting unhappy about only playing a few games each year. Getting him into management would be brilliant, but that's a long way off.

For the new one you should start at the level of one of the downloadable leagues, so that you are something like 7 leagues below league 2, would probably be a bit more challenging for you, at least initially.

This year was a bit of an exception with my struggles in the BSP, but I usually find the lower leagues to be the easiest ones. The Championship or the first year in the Premier League is the one I usually find the most challenging.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2075/76

Last season we won back the Champions League, but lost out in the domestic cups. Could this be the year it all comes together?

League Table

We didn't finish well, but we had opened up a big enough lead to afford a few losses.

Community Shield - the scoreline flattered them.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - completely one sided.

Capital One Cup - no problems, although we needed extra time in the final.

FA Cup - the sending off made it hard work, but once again we won in extra time in the final.

UEFA Champions League - after six straight wins in the group stage, we had the shakes in the knockout rounds. Three big wins saw us through, although we made a mess of the final.

Transfers - one out, one in.

Squad - we could do with the older players retiring, to allow the youngsters to come through.

Finances - a profit, but I'm struggling to find the finances for a new stadium.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - he's a legend, but he really needs to retire.

Reinhold Braun - top scorer, but missed the end of the season through injury.

Robert Ozimec - a great goal return for a second striker.

Stephen Howard - a stunning season for the winger.

Joe fuge - I'm keeping him here, but he's not good enough.

Career Overview

2074/75   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2075/76   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

It was looking like a clean sweep, but Man City ruined that. Next season we need to win the Champions League again.

Im sure you get asked this, but how do you keep up your motivation given you're 60 years in and basically win almost everything at a canter every season? Arent you a bit bored yet?

I've got a son for the first time ever, and there's the possibility of a new stadium around the corner (provided I can sort the finances out). Those are the two big things I'm interested in at the moment.

Those aside, I enjoy buying and selling players far more than winning trophies. The constant search for the next big thing always keeps me going.

How do you have so many players with 19 ans 20 for determination? do you tutor them (if so, how many times) or filter your search results?

It's all through tutoring. My players are constantly tutored until they have 20 for determination and relevant PPMs.

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2076/77

The possibility of a new stadium had got me concentrating on the finances, but we can't afford to lose out on the trophies by doing that. This season we wanted to win back the Champions League after losing to Manchester City in the final last year.

League Table

We weren't great, but we still managed to maintain a gap to second place.

Community Shield - it was a repeat of the Champions League final from last season.

Capital One Cup - we were looking good, until the final.

FA Cup - dominant in the early rounds, then struggled to a penalties win in the final.

UEFA Champions League - a really mixed set of results, which ended in defeat to Bayern.

Transfers - we made a big profit, but the squad suffered for it.

Squad - a number of injuries to key players meant our squad depth was really tested and ultimately cost us.

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Joe Slowe - the legend bows out after 808 games for the clubs and 805 goals. Adding on his England goals means he scored a total of 1006 goals!

Sami El Taourghi - the youngster looks set to replace Braun as our number one striker.

Martin Nunez - another young striker making an impression.

Stephen Howard - he missed three months through injury which really cost us.

Joe fuge - filled in at left back a few times, I've not disowned him just yet.

Career Overview

2075/76   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC, Capital One Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2076/77   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup winners and Capital One Cup finalists

Next Season

This season simply wasn't good enough. We need to keep our players fit so we don't have a repeat of this.

Archived