Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching MotD2, why is that Michael Owen can aim a punch at Mikel Arteta and get nothing yet last season Brana did the same to Maloney and got a retrospective ban? Pretty ridiculous really.

Pair of lovely goals from us though :cool:

And yeah, genuinely see no way that Lukaku could have been any worse that our other useless Spanish **** this season.

He has been a great signing. Really needs to work on his composure but other than that he's been great. We have really missed him since he's been gone.

Also just realised we have more players in the Nigerian starting 11 than the whole England squad :D How good is Omeruo? Seen he's only 19 years old and starting CB for Nigeria, can't be too bad then.

Lukaku is overrated

He's a long way from the finished article, but I'd rather have him up front for us rather than Torres. At least he's strong and worries defences, whereas Torres just doofs around doing nothing, occasionally scoring tap-ins.

Incidentally, is Bertrand Traore playing at this ACoN? I know he's been called up by Burkina Faso at least once and was hoping to see what he's like, but there hasn't been any sign of him in the matches I've seen.

So what does everyone make of Jurgen Klopp? Despite the fact Dortmund aren't doing as well in the Bundesliga this year they have looked brilliant in the CL and have won the Bundesliga two years running. Whether he would want to come to us is a different matter. Seems like someone who could create something great if given the time. Carrying on the pipe dream he could being Lewandowski with him slightly cheaply as he would be in the last year of his contract right?

He's a long way from the finished article, but I'd rather have him up front for us rather than Torres. At least he's strong and worries defences, whereas Torres just doofs around doing nothing, occasionally scoring tap-ins.Incidentally, is Bertrand Traore playing at this ACoN? I know he's been called up by Burkina Faso at least once and was hoping to see what he's like, but there hasn't been any sign of him in the matches I've seen.
Lukaku's contributions at WBA have been overstated. He's still the 3rd best striker at WBA and is far away from being of thr standard to contribute much to our side. Saying he's strong and worries defences is a convenient way of overlooking his deficiencies (and he hasn't been worrying any defences recently).

So what does everyone make of Jurgen Klopp? Despite the fact Dortmund aren't doing as well in the Bundesliga this year they have looked brilliant in the CL and have won the Bundesliga two years running. Whether he would want to come to us is a different matter. Seems like someone who could create something great if given the time. Carrying on the pipe dream he could being Lewandowski with him slightly cheaply as he would be in the last year of his contract right?

No chance on Klopp leaving Dortmund soon and especially won't join you guys as long as Roman is around.

Let's just hope that it's not too late. I am sure Frank wants to stay but I doubt we will be offering him the same wage. Still he needs to stay. If he can still turn up for us this season and score 14 goals we shouldn't be letting him go.

I know you're a anorak for this sort of thing Juni so just thought you might like to know that Danny Philliskirk is on trial with Coventry City and expected to sign a contract with us.
Aye, have just been reading Mark Robins' comments on him. Sums him up pretty well to be fair.

Just to let you know this has now happened. Contract till the end of the season.

I'm guessing it'll be a case of him having to prove he's worth a longer contract or drop down another division.

He was at CAM when he played a trial game for the U21's last week. If he's a striker he'll get some gametime for sure, in midfield we have about 10 players who are very good for the level already and a couple of very good young players so he'll probably struggle to play. Robins does seem to like him based on his comments though so we'll see.

There is a good chance he'll mostly playing for the u21's though yeah.

Archived