Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skagger is a great duo and I'm glad they've both got contract extensions. Despite our poor defence this season it's one of the best areas of our team and after the summer window of people trying to tempt him away and us looking like we were going to sell, I'm so glad we haven't.

I just worry about positioning and on-the-ball decisions from Skrtel. The way we play punishes any mistake far more than it would have previously. Hopefully BR can develop him and get rid of the mistakes, but at some point we either need to give Coates a go in our real back 4 to see if he can do it, or look at getting someone in who has already shown they can.

I think Coates is considerably better than Skrtel on the deck, which is pretty important in the current set up. I'd deffinitely like to see Coates ahead of Skrtel, sooner rather than later, despite his mistake last night.

Coates looks a bit out of sorts when beside Carragher tbh,

I thought Coates looked good. Carra was alright, just slow.

Can't believe that wasn't a red on Downing. Seriously shocking

You think? ...........I did not think it was that bad, just an odd way to foul someone.

Allen's defensive isn't the best, he isn't awful, but alongside Shelvey and Henderson/Gerrard people have just been walking through our midfield with ease.

Allen is pretty poor at tracking runners, as are most of our team.

Just something that annoyed me about Allen last night, well 2 things.

1) He had the chance to make a good run to receive the ball and he would have been running into the box with the ball, but instead he ended up stopping and jogged back, leaving just Suarez in front of the passer.

2) He got the ball about 5/10 yards outside the box, he was going to go forward with it, then turned back just to pass in to Gerrard.

I am not sure if he is not confident going forward, just that with 5-10mins left and a goal behind, you would just want him to be more positive. A part from that he is a top player :thup:

What I noticed last night, is that when we lose the ball around their box, we have the 2 CB's on the half way line, Allen in between them and the box, all the other players are just stood in a line on the box, just leaves us short at the back.

Skrtes or Coagger would be better :(

i had a look over the rules today. i thought it would come under serious foul play but i'm not so sure. bit ridiclous you can ignore the ball and just tackle a guy to the ground though. a red card in spirit if not by the rules

Were liverpool remember? We dont get the calls. If that was done on a man-u player he would have gotten a red and then his manager would have gotten a red and the whole team would have been banned for the rest of the tourny and then fined a couple mil and 15 points would have been deducated from them in the league.

thats quite sad from marina there. what happened to the one big family and supporting the club through thick and thin?! i think anyone can see we're making progress with a stupidly small squad and having to play 3 of the best teams in the league so early and were the better team for 2 of them, we actually played ole football against norwich the other day, when was the last time that happened?? (8-0 besiktas?)

not impressed at all with that. a little bitter perhaps?!

i'm right behind rodgers after seeing what he brings and i truly believe he's got what it takes, i really do. ofc time will tell but i find myself more optimistic for the future than i ever did with the last 2 managers.

Don't see too much wrong with what she's saying but maybe she shouldn't be broadcasting it across twitter. I was out the other night and everyone was saying it's weird how touchy geeky Rodgers is id probably ask him to stop touching my face if

I was a player to be honest. I can also see the point about Ayre suggesting 69. She onviously knows how the club was run at its best and that is clearly not it. I also agree with her that Kennt shouldn't have been sacked but don't want to open up that debate.

She probably shouldn't be saying this over twitter but then as she also says she's just another fan now with no connection to the club so in one way it's fair enough.

Don't see too much wrong with what she's saying but maybe she shouldn't be broadcasting it across twitter. I was out the other night and everyone was saying it's weird how touchy geeky Rodgers is id probably ask him to stop touching my face if

I was a player to be honest. I can also see the point about Ayre suggesting 69. She onviously knows how the club was run at its best and that is clearly not it. I also agree with her that Kennt shouldn't have been sacked but don't want to open up that debate.

She probably shouldn't be saying this over twitter but then as she also says she's just another fan now with no connection to the club so in one way it's fair enough.

A harmless joke about the number 69 :D ...... Christ on a bike.

I was thinking that about Rodgers, 'i'd be like, get off me face mate :)'

I suppose she was not happy with the way he was sacked. At the end of the day it is her opinion and it is not important.

The face touching really is weird. I know it was a joke and I did laugh at the time but the managing director of the company I work at wouldn't have the time to make a joke like that. He's probably the busiest person I've ever met its hard to get through a conversation with him without his phone ringing several times. I'd rather Ayre work a bit harder than be standing round making jokes. I'm unhappy with the way he was sacked, can't blame marina for it. And fair play to her for letting her views be known in a way, maybe slightly naive in the fact that a lot of fans don't care that Kenny was sacked and there would be backlash but there will be plenty who agree with what she is saying.

I meant no official connection to the club. It would be different if kenny was still manager and she came out with her personal views like "downing is *****" or something. But now as she said herself she is just tweeting as a fan.

A lot of fans view the current regime and the Being Liverpool programme as making our club a laughing stock?

Those fans are more of a joke.

And I would blame her for being bitter, if she loves the club she has to put the club ahead of her being annoyed that her husband is a poor manager.

Again I don't think he is a poor manager. We've already had this argument I think getting to wembley three times last season was more than enough to keep his job and so does she. She has the right to be better because kenny deserved time, the owners pretty much used him to get on the fans good books then got rid of him when they were done. I think he deserved another year and was disrespectful not to give somebody like Kenny a chance to put things right.

Again I don't think he is a poor manager. We've already had this argument I think getting to wembley three times last season was more than enough to keep his job and so does she. She has the right to be better because kenny deserved time, the owners pretty much used him to get on the fans good books then got rid of him when they were done. I think he deserved another year and was disrespectful not to give somebody like Kenny a chance to put things right.

Yea, we should def have given him the chance to **** away another hundred million or so.

They're just agreeing with the majority of match going reds to be honest. Not sure why you find it so hard to accept some people think kenny should've had another year. And you still find it hard to see that he probably had nothing to do with the fees we payed. Have you watched being Liverpool? If you have you will notice that it seems to be Ayre doing all of the negotiating not Rodgers.

As much as dislike Ian Ayre... the "69" thing was funny and harmless (despite being the oldest joke ever). MDs of football clubs don't have to walk round with a stick up their arse and it's evident from the documentary that Ayre likes to be in and around the club and not some money-man in a glass tower somewhere.

It's quite obvious we are making massive strides on the pitch, despite the sluggish start. We are playing some very nice things going forward and just need to tighten up defensively to bring consistency to the club. It's better then dire rubbish the last 2 managers served up, cup finals or not...

They're just agreeing with the majority of match going reds to be honest. Not sure why you find it so hard to accept some people think kenny should've had another year. And you still find it hard to see that he probably had nothing to do with the fees we payed. Have you watched being Liverpool? If you have you will notice that it seems to be Ayre doing all of the negotiating not Rodgers.

Majority of match going reds :D

Jesus Christ you come up with some complete ****.

I'm glad we have Rodgers now I think he could do well! Just needs to stop touching people's faces! Only thing I find strange is that some people are convinced he is the man for the job already. I agree we have looked good at time but our defence has been awful. If we don't improve that we won't improve on last season.

I agree it could come good. I'm just saying lets wait and see if it does, some people think he's amazing because he has given the youngsters a go. I think he will be a good manager for us but time will tell whether it will actually be the case.

The point about him touching peoples faces was a joke divinity, massively went over your head there. I don't actually care how he treats the players as long as we brings us trophies I just think its a bit strange the way he touches them is all. And it is the opinion of match going reds, literally haven't met one that wanted Dalglish out, I'm sure there are some but they would be in the minority.

I agree it could come good. I'm just saying lets wait and see if it does, some people think he's amazing because he has given the youngsters a go. I think he will be a good manager for us but time will tell whether it will actually be the case.

The point about him touching peoples faces was a joke divinity, massively went over your head there. I don't actually care how he treats the players as long as we brings us trophies I just think its a bit strange the way he touches them is all. And it is the opinion of match going reds, literally haven't met one that wanted Dalglish out, I'm sure there are some but they would be in the minority.

Who would dare? It's like the blind leading the blind with nobody having the minerals to actually go against the grain.

What's this 69 thing? Besides it being page 69 now

on the tv ahow "being liverpool" not sure if it is being broadcast where you live. there was a piece about which squad number joe allen would take. ian ayre made a quip about 69 being available.

I wanted Dalglish out and know lots of others too. I dont know how people can say Rodgers should maybe be sacked yet think Dalglish was harshly treated.

Whos said Rodgers should be sacked?

Some phone in shows and a few on the lfc forum. People forget dalglish only won 3 of his last 12 games but these pro dalglish fans still insist dalglish was close to brining us back challenging for the title and how we only finished so low in the table because of the woodwork :(

i know of one person actually who thinks rodgers is gonna be out come january and that his tactics are terrible and will never work and is more than a little bitter kenny got sacked. :/

i dont take much notice tho, he's clearly a massive idiot and i dont mind telling him that.

Reason why we concede goals is because our defence push so high up the pitch, when they make mistakes they normally result in a goal along with Reina not being at his best. I am enjoying watching us play a lot more although first half Thursday night I don't think we were as good as people said we were.

Liverpool had a lot of possession but didn't do anything with the ball apart from the goal and the Coates header off the line.

Second half we were a lot better (after the dire first 10 mins) we had more purpose and moved the ball a lot quicker.

Do you guys think we will win today?

Archived