The Rise of the Cerud

cerud

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good for promotion :thup: Best of luck with the rest of the campaign.
Destroying all the teams in your path! keep it up :thup:
Very impressive so far,hope you can get promotion.

Thanks all. Looking good so far.

Thats a nice stadium for that level. Solid start there, good luck for the promotion push!

Good to see a new poster! Thanks, UDL :)

Some good young players coming through!

I'm surprized! Never had even a decent youth intake before.

Promotion should be easy. just 7 or 8 more points.

Every match counts in this league :)

Very confusing this thing :confused:.

Anyway, going well so far.

Nothing like a confusing South American promotion system ;)

Going well so far, though :D

It is indeed! I'll try to help explain the Serie C of Brazillian football.

It begins with all 20 teams in Serie C. They are split into 4 groups of 5 each. This is meant to help clubs with traveling costs. Those in your group are ideally close to where your club plays. You play each team in your group twice, once home and away. The bottom team of each group is relegated, making a total of 4 going down. The top two of each group move into the 2nd Round.

This means that 8 teams move into the 2nd Round. They are split into 2 groups of 4 each. Again, each team plays one another twice, home and away. The top two teams from each group qualify for promotion into Serie B. However, the league title still must be decided!

The league title is decided between the top team from each group in the 2nd Round. They play a quick two games and the winner on aggregate takes the Serie C title :)

Hope that helps. It's an interesting league to play in! Every match counts because you don't hve that many to play in order to qualify for the next round!

October 2011 Update

510004580.png

EC Santo André - Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

& Campeonato Paulista Série A1

Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

We finished up the 2nd Round with a perfect record. In fact, we only let in 1 goal in 5 the entire month. Not much more to say other than this squad has finally gelled and is playing well. It was difficult to start with the other league first because there were so many good clubs playing against us. In Série C, not many seem to be able to stand up to us.

fixe.png

The Standings

standnc.png

Well, we have sealed up promotion into Série B!! Also, our top finish in the group means that we will be playing for the Série C league title against the other top club, Fortaleza. They handled their group fairly easily as well, so I'm not sure what to expect. However, it will be all finished soon.

Well done winning promotion! Serie C rules are almost as confusing as the Dutch 2nd division :D
Brazil and the Netherlands confuse me. Congrats on promoting!

Cheers, Scarman and cswalk08! For me, Serie C is like a tournament instead of a league. Two group stages then a final. It's interesting that they do it this way, but once I researched it for my own interest and discovered that they set it up this way to lower travel for lower league clubs, I can understand it.

...and I thought out finals system here in the Australian A-League was confusing for some people.

Well done on making Serie B, which I suppose was your main aim.

Thanks, Nathan Pike :) I played in the A-League before with Gold Coast, but I don't remember it being confusing. They just use a simple playoff system, right? Although, it may make sens for me as that's how most North American sport leagues are set up. Good to see a new poster!

2011 Season in Review

510004580.png

EC Santo André - Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

11th Place - Campeonato Paulista Série A1

League Title Winners - Promoted to Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

The Leagues

Campeonato Paulista Série A1

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - I think that an 11th place finish was good for us. There are several good clubs in our state such as Santos or Corinthians. This was always going to be a difficult league to gain any traction in. However, the higher we move in the league structure of the national side, the more that will be expected of us here.

1st Stage | 2nd Stage | Fixtures - So close to being undefeated! If it wasn't for our slip at the end of the 1st stage, we could have had a perfect record. Still, I can't complain with how things went. It was good enough for an easy promotion into Série B and to fight for the Série C league title in the playoffs.

The Playoffs

Brasileirão Série C Final Leg 1

EC Santo André 2 - 0 Fortaleza EC

Our first match was played at home to our largest crowd ever, over 11 000 fans. It was a quick offensive game as we went up by 2 in the 20th minute. After that, we switched to a more defensive play. I would have liked a third goal for a cushion, but we would have to settle for the two.

Brasileirão Série C Final Leg 2

Fortaleza EC 2 - 1 EC Santo André

EC Santo André win on aggregate 3-2

Again, we went up early in the 18th minute. However, Fortaleza fought back late in the match, but were unable to get all they needed. While they took the game from us, they were unable to take the series and we end up with our first trophy! A league title!

96LCAS34SGYCA7CIBYGCAVCL54GCA3K85J2CAKJ5Q1CCANNWBJICA1OKWVYCA2M8YNDCAZPLZQJCANNP7ELCAZLA2KFCAGJ2I91CA5W750XCAVO7UBZCANZ4UOJCABJA5SICAI1ITO6CAWWLOGICAED7LG3.jpg

The Cups

Copa Kia do Brasil - We made the 3rd Round, which was better than our Board asked for. However, meeting up against Série A club, Palmeiras was always going to end one way.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 24 (10th in league)

Goals Conceded - 27 (16th in league)

Average Attendance - 2 022 (20th in league)

Goals Scored - 46 (1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 11 (6th in league)

Average Attendance - 3 261 (12th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - I think the squad should be able to be competitive in Série B football. However, I also want to compete more in the Paulista league. There will definitely be some changes in the off-season.

Juninho - WB R, DM, M RC, AM C - Juninho played for us along the right wing. Second in the squad for scoring as well and a solid contributor in setting up others.

André Luíz - D/WB/M L - Solid along the left wing and Série C leader in assists. One of the most dominant players on he squad.

Luisinho Paulista - ST - The top goalscorer in Série C. Fought a few injury issues, but was always able to reintegrate into the line up and pick right up where he left off.

The Backroom

Finances - We have made money this year, but are still just over $1M in debt. We also had to rely on a $825K Board cash injection a few months ago.

Facilities - No changes and none upcoming. I need money for that! But there are good for this level.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Get promoted - Achieved.
  • Hire decent staff - Achieved, but still a work in progress.
  • Stay in the black financially - Failed. A million in debt is not good.

Plans for Next Season

I still have another year on my contract and I have no reason to leave yet. Moving to Série B, I have no idea what to expect. We played a few clubs in the Paulista league that were in Série B and did well, so I hope that we will at least be competitive.

Congrats on the title. I feel your financial pain.
Congrats on promotion. Finances are looking tough, guess you might have a hard time improving the team if it stays as it is.

Thanks, cswalk08 and JackJCFC. Yeah, the finances are worrying, but I hope Serie B offers greater gates and more money.

Well done on getting promoted and securing the title.

And good luck in Serie B! :thup:

Well done going up, though survival looks tricky.
Congrats on winning promotion.Good luck on surviving Serie B and hopefully you'll start to get a bit of cash coming in.
Serie C seemed rather easy, with only Fortaleza causing you any troubles.

Good Luck in Serie B!!!

Thanks, all! Serie B should be good, but I have to play through the state league again first! :)

Complicated league system! Well done on your tidy start. I always prefer saves where you make decisions as you go along rather than trying to achieve specific goals.

Thanks, Mike7077. Yeah, I figured that out with my last save. The goals ended up being cumbersome to how I like to manage. I manage as though I was making the decisions as they come, organically, not based on an end goal. I'm enjoying this more.

2011 Global Review

bs201206062041533_0.jpg

I've decided to take a page from SRL88's wonderful career thread and do an annual check up on what's going on in the world of football. SRL88, hope you don't mind that I've borrowed this!

Being that this is only the end of 2011, there are many leagues that I won't be able to update yet. So, this section will definitely grow for the 2012 review.

Domestic Clubs

Brazilian Campeonato Brasileiro

2011 - 1st São Paulo, 2nd Flamengo, 3rd Santos, Relegated Vasco, Aval, Ceará, América (MG)

American/Canadian Major League Soccer

2011 - Winners Seattle, Runners Up New York

Domestic Cups

Nutrlite Canadian Championship

2011 - Winners FC Edmonton, Runners Up Montreal Impact

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup

2011 - Winners FC Dallas, Runners Up Atlanta Silverbacks

International Cups

FIFA Club World Cup

2011 - Winners Barcelona, Runners Up Santos

Long time lurker - first ever post! I was massively disappointed when last career thread was ended too early, but this looks epic! Good going with promotion and league title off the bat. Jefferson looks like a very exciting 15year old.....

I never know if anyone does well in Brazil. :D

I can understand the feeling! After I finished the 1st Round, I had no idea what to expect :) Serie B looks much simpler though.

Long time lurker - first ever post! I was massively disappointed when last career thread was ended too early, but this looks epic! Good going with promotion and league title off the bat. Jefferson looks like a very exciting 15year old.....

Cheers and welcome, Akkarin! Thanks for your first ever post! :D Yeah, sorry about the end of the last career, but I promise that this one will take me up to FM13. Been a great start so far. And now that the first year is done, I have more control over my squad. I didn't want to just release to many players initially because of the cost and detriment to an already shaky morale. I like Jefferson too, but he'll be in the U20s for a bit. I have him mentored though so hopefully, he excels.

2012 Pre-Season

510004580.png

EC Santo André - Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

The Stats

Campeonato Brasileiro Série B: Stay clear of relegation

Campeonato Paulista Série A1: Learn from the experience

Media Prediction: 13th of 20

Betfair Promotion Odds - Campeonato Brasileiro Série B: 8-1

Betfair Title Odds - Campeonato Paulista Série A1: 33-1

Wage Budget: $3 598 234 (+ $1 149 408 from last season)

Currently Spending: $2 209 293 ($1 388 941 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $9 653 (- $78 907 from last season)

Main Kit Sponsorship: $669 000 (expires 2104) (+ $386 000 from last deal)

General Sponsorship: $1 510 950 (expired 2013) (+ $873 450 from last deal)

General Sponsorship: $1 000 000 (expires 2013) (+ $574 378 from last deal)

Brasileirão Série B TV Rights: $944K

Paulistão TV Rights: $1.06M

Club Membership Fees: $272K

Average Ticket Price: $10.60

Estimated Value: $2M

Current Loan: $200K

National Club Ranking in Brazil: 25th

Goals

• Achieve a mid-table finish.
  • Improve finances.

Given that the media predict a potential 13th place finish, I think we can make a decent push for security in Série B. I'd also like to improve our finances. I'm not expecting to jump out of debt right away, but a positive revenue generating season would go a long way to helping.

Does the Paulista have good prize money?

I'm not really sure what clubs get in the Paulista. I didn't make the playoffs of that league last season, so we got nothing. Playoff finishers may get some, not sure.

2012 End of Pre-Season

510004580.png

The Matches

Brazil - Brasileirão (divisões inferiores) - Força EC - won 7-0

Brazil - Brasileirão (divisões inferiores) - Mogi Mirim EC - won 3-1

Brazil - Brasileirão Série B - Guarani FC - lost 0-1

Brazil - Brasileirão (divisões inferiores) - Ituano FC - won 7-1

Brazil - Brasileirão (divisões inferiores) - Radium FC - won 4-1

The Players

Squad | Transfers - A bit of a transition this year. I unloaded a few players that were getting old or unable to play at this level and brought in some new faces. The main thing was depth. In remembering last year's Paulista league with matches every 2-4 days, I need players of decent quality overlapping in positions so that they don't become tired.

Bruno Uvini - D C - I had brought Uvini in last year as a late loan but didn't use him much. This year, now that São Paulo is my parent club, they sent him down for free. That's fine by me; I need extra centrebacks and Uvini will fit in well.

Ticão - DM, M C - I found Ticão slumming in the lower leagues. There's no reason why he should be down there. He'll become one of my main midfielders. He's a well rounded player and I'm hoping he adds some stability.

Henan - ST - Henan was in the lower leagues as well, scoring 17 goals in 30 matches. He's not a marquee player, but he will get lot of time as a depth player to relieve others. He'll still probably hit the 30 game mark. Easily.

Pre-Season Thoughts

Unfortunately, we've already hit a snag. My starting goalkeeper broke a finger about a week ago in training and will be out for another 4-5 weeks. Our first match is in one week. So, looks like we're going to be relying on our untested backup.

We finished in 11th place out for 20 last year in the Campeonato Paulista. I'd love a top 10 finish, possibly even a push to the final playoff spot at 8th place. I think we have a short so long as we pick our wins and don't become too demoralized in getting beat by Série A clubs.

January 2012 Update

510004580.png

Our first two matches were both against Série A sides, which wasn't helped by the fact that we don't have our starting goalkeeper. However, our backup stepped up and played amazingly. We started the match against Corinthians as the dominant team, not even letting the opposition a shot until just before the half. The second half changed though; their manager must have got on their case, because they came out flying. It was everything we could do to hold onto a tie with all credit to our goalkeeper. The second match was the opposite. We started lacklustre, but a strong talk in the half brought us up. We tied the game and almost took the lead a few times.

If this is how we play against Série A clubs, I'm feeling pretty good.

fixl.png

The Standings

standc.png

Not too much to report on yet. Our parent club, São Paulo, is doing well, which is to be expected. One of our feeder clubs has also had a good start; América (SP) have a win and a positive goal difference to begin with. I think it was nice to play two Série A clubs right away and do well. Given that we only play each club once, we no longer have to worry about Corinthians and Ponte Preta.

Great work getting points against Corinthians and Ponte Preta. It's early but it's encouraging. :)

Thanks, rancer. Ponte Preta won this league last year, so picking up a point from them is a good sign for us.

Good start to Paulista,hope you can keep the good form up.

Cheers, BWG! Working on it :)

congrats on the promotion! long season ahead this year, hopefully it's another good one :thup:

I just worked out the minimum number of games I will play this year.

19 matches in the Paulista Série A1

38 matches in the Série B

2 matches (at least) in the Copa Kia do Brasil

59 minimum matches this year

Yikes.

February 2012 Update

510004580.png

This was a decent month that could have been better. We started out strong, but had trouble after our first Copa Kia do Brasil match. After that, we struggled against clubs that we really should be winning against. I also had to manage a few injuries, but we got our top goalkeeper back. I am very happy with the play of our backup. he stepped in a saved the beginning of this season when we surely could have faltered.

fixv.png

Copa Kia do Brasil

We were expected to beat Juventude easily. Unfortunately, the complacency in the squad in the first match carried over into our league play. We dug in and took the match back with an amazing hattrick from Henan. I hope this means that we've turned things around.

copadk.png

The Standings

standz.png

We've improved our standing from last month and now sit in the final playoff spot. The table is still very congested; we could move either way very quickly depending on our play. It's also crazy to think that there are only 11 matches left in the Paulista. We're basically at the halfway mark. The next month will also be grueling with 8 league matches as well as the Copa. Good thing to brought in some depth players. They will be tested soon.

I just worked out the minimum number of games I will play this year.

19 matches in the Paulista Série A1

38 matches in the Série B

2 matches (at least) in the Copa Kia do Brasil

59 minimum matches this year

Yikes.

Just wait until you're eligible for Copa Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores- you'll be playing 80+ then!! :eek:

Well done on promotion!

Archived