The Rise of the Cerud

cerud

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oxford looking at a long season.

Indeed. They were up in the BPL a couple seasons ago as well and had a horrible time of it. Looks like they're a bit of a yo-yo club right now. Still, they're a lot higher than in rl.

21 October 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Cerud Hits Milestone

500 games is a level at which many managers and coaches will never reach. Cerud, the Canadian journeyman manager has done just that. In a small pre-game ceremony, Chairman Matthews held an appreciation for Cerud. It is likely that a larger showing my occur once the club returns from Belgium.

500a.png

October 2019 Update

200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League

We had severa other competitions this month, so only three league games to report on. Butterworth has stepped up for the injured Mavreas and is definitely making the case for a more permanent position on the first squad. It was also nice to see the youngster Kouassi get his first ever Tottenham goal, or first ever senior goal for that matter! Unfortunately, our win streak was ended by a poor showing against Manchester United. We had a horrible match and in all honesty, were lucky to come away with the tie.

fixgr.png

Carling Cup

We got our revenge on the Red Devils in this second match of the month against them. This one was much better and we didn't really give them a chance.

carlingk.png

The Standings

stando.png

We are in 1st place by a point, that's it. In addition, there are still three clubs who have remained unbeaten. I am very curious about Southampton and what they did during the summer for them to be showing so well in the early stages of the season. They may just be the surprize package this year. And then there is Chelsea...and their continuing woes. If they don't sort themselves out soon, they may face a real possibility of the drop.

Awards

• Young Player of the Month - Stewart Butterworth - 1st Place
  • Manager of the Month - Cerud - 1st Place

2019-2020 UEFA Champions League

UEFA-Champions-League.png

Group E

Oddly enough, Atletico Madrid was a cake walk. They offered literally no offense against us. The shots were 24-3. They're only gola came off a corner and a lucky bounce at that. The Genk match was a dominant one for us as well, but more hard fought. It took a bit to break them down, but once the first goal happened, the game opened up for us.

cfix.png

cstandu.png

On a completely unrelated note, I have a few items in my Steam account that I am able to give away as gifts, notably:

- Max Payne

- Max Payne 2

- Civilization 5

Anyone interested? We can exchange or something. Put a message in this topic, first come, first serve. I'll check back and we can work something out.

Cheers,

cerud

November 2019 Update

200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League

Well, I guess we were bound to have a bad month or two. But losing to Charlton and Middlesbrough?!?! Humiliating. Those were two games that we just didn't play well. The Middlesbrough match we also had to deal with several starters gone on international call ups, but we still should have been able to do better than we did. I guess it gives us an incentive to do better as we now have some ground to make up.

fixza.png

The Standings

standq.png

We have dropped to 5 points behind league leaders Manchester City. It's nowhere near panic time; we're basically just over a quarter through the season. However, it gets very real now. I'm going to be evaluating the squad and possibly looking at the transfer market in January a bit more closely for an opportunistic move. We'll see.

Awards

• Player of the Month - Seydou Doumbia - 2nd Place, Jack Collison - 3rd Place
  • Young Player of the Month - Stewart Butterworth - 1st Place, Hailu Chirwa - 2nd Place
  • npower Leage One Young Player of the Month - Eric Ngon - 1st Place (A loanee)
  • African Footballer of the Year - Seydou Doumbia - 1st Place (3rd year in a row!)

2019-2020 UEFA Champions League

UEFA-Champions-League.png

Group E

A much better month in the Champions League! Genk was little threat, but Olympiacos was the Butterworth show! He put on a clinical performance, outperforming everyone else on the pitch.

cfix.png

cstand.png

Unlucky with loss to Charlton and Middlesbrough. Good result against Genk and Olympiacos :cool: Screenshot of Butterworth?

Here's Butterworth for you.

Bit of a contrast between home and away form.

Yikes! I didn't even notice that distinction! Away form needs some work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived