The Rise of the Cerud

cerud

GET IN THERE JACKSON! Great to see one of my Real Life clubs players doing well. As you can image Norwich dont really get mentioned much on all these different career threads.

He cant hit a barn door in real life. Works real hard though. Just appears in real life to be the kind of player who needs 3 or 4 touches to get it under control. Always has a stupidly quiet first half a season in his time at Norwich but pops up in closing stages with vital goals. (although half the time its off his rear end or knee lol.)

Being bored at work recently ive read through SRL88 & TomTucks journey men saves to pass time and now ive picked yours to read through and really am enjoying it. Keep up the good work. Im only on page 5 at the minute so a little bit to read to get fully up to date!

Yeah, Jackson and the whole Canadian crew did well for me while I was there. Josh Simpson retired from international football, so my left wing was a bit bare, but we have a few youngsters rise up to fill the hole well plus additional players from elsewhere who got Canadian citizenship.

Glad you're enjoying the career and always nice to see a new poster here! :):thup:

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carling Cup

albumpicture.php?albumid=2195&pictureid=18161

3 March 2019

200px-Wigan_Athletic.svg.png200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Final

Wigan Athletic 2 - 5 Tottenham Hotspur

A couple of days before this match we were given a bit of a scare. N'Guessan, our starting goalkeeper, went out with a hernia for 4 weeks. Thankfully, I have an amazing 18 year old backup in Choquehuanca. We began early with an amazing 2-on-1 ending with a goal by Almirón. Even at this early stage, I knew we had this in the bag. Wigan fought back and pressured at times, but they were simply outmatched.

This marks back-to-back Carling Cups for us and a competition that I remain undefeated in!

March 2019 Update

200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Tottenham Hotspur - Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League

We had another good month with our backup goalkeeper playing all matches as N'Guessan returned to health. However, our tie against Charlton was definitely a black stain. This was a match that we should have won easily. However, an early red card ended up hindering us and leaving us 0-2 by the half. Butterworth came on as a super sub and helped right the ship, but we couldn't pull off the win.

fixu.png

Carling Cup

Already stated earlier, this was a simple match that we controlled from the outset. Wigan didn't fade away easily and even managed to hit back a couple of times, but it was up hoisting the trophy in the end.

carlingb.png

The Standings

standp.png

Arsenal still has the point on us, but we play this this coming month. Understandably, it will be our most important match this season to date. A win is the only thing on our minds; a draw just won't cut it.

Awards

• Player of the Month - Carlos Vela - 2nd Place
  • Young Player of the Month - Ronald Choquehuanca - 1st Place, Hailu Chirwa - 2nd Place
  • Manager of the Month - Cerud - 1st Place
  • npower 1 Young Player of the Month - Sékou Kouassi - 3rd Place (A loanee of ours!)

2018-2019 UEFA Champions League

UEFA-Champions-League.png

1st Knockout Round

This was a much better match at home against the Turkish club. We controlled the game, played at our speed, and dominated the quality of play.

cfix.png

cstand1.png

Quarter Finals

We have drawn Dortmund in the Quarter Finals. At this stage, any opposition will be tough and I expect Dortmund to give us a good run. I hope that we stack up well against them.

cstand2.png

Keep up the good work chap. Id love to do a thread like this but I barely get the time to play as much as I want to anyway now my sons here lol.

Brilliant to see a game save where my real life team that I go watch home and away everygame, norwich city, is still in the Premier League. For some reason whoever does the research for Norwich, undervalues Norwich hugely. hence why on 90% of peoples saves they always get relegated. Were not Barcelona but as last season proved we certainly aint a push over. Looks like there doomed this season in your game though! lol

Good luck against Arsenal and Dortmund.. loving the career so far :)

Thanks, DreamsDefined! Nice to see a new poster :)

Excellent work all round, loving your work with Spurs. One of the better draws in the CL. Edgecombe looks decent as you said, can always appreciate a player with a high work rate.

I like Edgecombe as well; however, he needs to get better in pace and acceleration otherwise other clubs will just blow by him.

Keep up the good work chap. Id love to do a thread like this but I barely get the time to play as much as I want to anyway now my sons here lol.

Brilliant to see a game save where my real life team that I go watch home and away everygame, norwich city, is still in the Premier League. For some reason whoever does the research for Norwich, undervalues Norwich hugely. hence why on 90% of peoples saves they always get relegated. Were not Barcelona but as last season proved we certainly aint a push over. Looks like there doomed this season in your game though! lol

Thanks, Mattias333, and another new poster! I`m lucky in working from home, so I have time in between projects that I can get in a quick few matches.

Yeah...not looking good for Norwich this year. They have make significant changes to their squad over the years, but clubs seems to be very strong right now. I just look at my struggle to hold onto the top spot and just how many others are right beside me. Looking like they`re for the drop, I'm afraid.

Big call turning down Inter there, cerud. Looks like your loyalty has been rewarded, though!

Pretty safe to say that the Premier League trophy is going to North London; good luck gunning those Gooners down!

If was was with any other club, the Inter job would have looked very attractive. However, there are a few things I need to do with Tottenham yet :) They're my club in rl that I support in Europe so... had to stay.

As for the Gunners, don't worry ;) they're going down.

6 April 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Hotspur Youngsters Lift Title

With two matches left to go, the Tottenham U18s have laid claim to the U18s Group 4 league title. The youngster have played well all season and will see their next match in the U18s Cup Final in a week. The future looks bright for the Hotspurs!

yth.png

April 2019 Update

Barclays Premier League

Well, the match against Arsenal was entertaining, stomach-in-your-throat action. And a tie. However, it looked scary for a bit. Arsnal got started early with a goal after only 57 seconds. I had also chosen to rest Doumbia as I wanted him good for the two Champions League matches against Dortmund that were on either side of the Arsenal fixture. Thankfully, our striking pair of Butterworth and Mavreas paid off. Other than that, the month good. An 8-0 blow out at home to Sheffield United capped the month.

fixf.png

The Standings

standnn.png

Now that's more like it! Arsenal have a difficult month, drawing a few matches and letting us move into a much more comfortable lead. With only 3 matches left and a 5 point cushion, I'm beginning to feel confident. Bolton have already punched their ticket downward. Our 8-0 match probably didn't do them any favours. I'm still amazed at Man City's goal difference and how they have been match us in every month. It was only this month that our goal difference became better, I believe. I enjoy a league with strong competition, so long as I end up on top!

Awards

• Player of the Month - Markos Mavreas - 1st Place, Jack Collison - 2nd Place, Ryan Bertrand - 3rd Place (All 3!!)
  • Manager of the Month - Cerud - 3rd Place
  • npower 1 Young Player of the Month - Maurice Braun - 1st Place (Another loanee of ours!)

Quarter Finals

I was expecting a close match at home, just Dortmund was given a red card 7 minutes in. From there, they never had a change. They didn't even register a shot until the second half.

The away match was more troubling. It seemed as though we were actively trying to lose. Our defense and goalkeeper was horrible. Luckingly our offense was on game to eke out a tie.

cfix.png

cstand1.png

Semi Finals

Looks like it's England's year! Three of the four clubs in the semis are strong English clubs. We have Manchester United, a tough draw, but a club that was have had success against in the league. I hope we can continue our run; however, our boys are split in focus with this as well as the league.

cstand2.png

1 May 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Tottenham Make Committment to Youth

In Cerud's ever-continuing quest to grow the Hotspurs, the club has announced to increase their junior coaching programs and youth recruitment. The goal is to foster youth development in an effort to rely on local resources rather than the transfer market.

juniorp.png

yth.png

17 May 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Cerud Marks 100th Match as Hotspur Boss

Tottenham's upcoming mach against Leicester in the BPL will mark Cerud's 100th match as manager of the club. Cerud spoke today of his time with the club and his committment for the future.

"My time with Tottenham has been great so far. Currently, we are on our way to capturing our first league title in the Premiership since 1961, a huge achievement and one I trust everyone can be proud of. However, I am not finished yet. This club has the potential to be one of the top in the world. The changes that we have made recently to our youth set up and the players brought in are just a part of this. I hope to build on what we have done so far and continue toward strengthen all aspects of the club."

100ow.png

2018-2019 Season in Review

1st Place - Champions

Qualified UEFA Champions Group Stage

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - My first full season with the Hotspurs and we hoist the league title trophy! The league was not decided until the very last day and even then it took goal difference to do it. Our final match was horrible. The boys were definitely tired or on holiday mode. Still, we can look back at our season with a lot of pride. We stayed with the top clubs even when we hit a couple of setbacks. It has paid off in the end.

The Cups

McDonald's FA Community Shield - Winners! Nobody cares...not our Board, not really our fans.

FA Cup with Budweiser - We ended up going out early to Manchester City. Unfortunately, we couldn't defend this cup.

Carling Cup - Winners! Our trip to the defense of the Carling Cup included, Manchester City, Liverpool, and a growing Wigan. The cup remains ours!

UEFA Champions League - Our draw in the semis was simply too much for us. We have a horrible away match and ended up with a tough trip back home. However, with about 20 minutes left to go in the second leg, we came alive. Butterworth's hattrick made it close, but alas, not close enough. One goal short of a penalty shootout.

The Stats

Goals Scored: 128 (+30 from last season, 1st in league)

Goals Conceded: 40 (-4 from last season, 5th in league)

Average Attendance: 46 572 (+2 039 from last season, 5th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - We were a spending club this year, but we were able to bring in top youth that can play right away and get rid of several fringe and aging players. A good year for transfers.

Players of Note

Literally too many to mention all, but here are the standouts.

Ronald Choquehuanca - GK - Choquehuanca was brought in to be our backup and ended up playing in many more games than I initially expected. He has improved immensly and will likely be a full time starter before long.

Ryan Bertrand - D L - Our best defender and amazing crosser. Second in the league on assists.

Seydou Doumbia - ST - Doumbia picked up right where he left off last year and dominated the league and all competitions in goals and attacking force. He is a beast and at 31 years old, I still expect to see him playing for a few more years.

Stewart Butterworth - AM C/ST - I promoted Butterworth from our youth squad to give him a couple of matches. However, I ended up relying on him more and more due to injuries and his consistent play. He surprized everyone in being second on the squad for goals and improving to one of the top choices for strikers.

The Backroom

Finances - We have gone into a negative cash flow this year, but that is mainly due to our transfers. Overall, our financial situation is much better. Most of the horrible monthly player payments have finished, which means instead of losing a few milion each month, we are actually making a profit of a few million each month.

Facilities - Upgraded junior coaching and youth recruitment, but we need a bigger stadium and that means cash for increasing capacity.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Defend trophies - Neutral - Defended one, lost the other.
  • Win the Premiership - Achieved! On the final day!
  • Make a profit - Failed. But not worried.
  • Develop youth areas - Achieved! Developed facilities and a few players reaqdy to fight for 1st squad spots.

Plans for Next Season

Staying put for now. I had interest from Valencia earlier this month but denied any interest. I have just been made Favoured Personnel; how could I leave?!?! I want to see Tottenham glory in Europe. We have a league title, so now we need to look beyond that and fight for what should be rightfully ours!

Well done on winning the league :thup: Good to see Youth won the league.

Cheers, john1. Very happy and surprized to see the youth do so well too. They also made the final of the U18s Cup.

Looking good in the long-term.
Terrific season, cerud. Making good progress in Europe too :thup:

Doumbia pretty much cleaned up on the awards front! :cool:

Great season cerud - must be frustrating to be so close to a European final, but amazing stuff from Butterworth.

You've got a great platform to build from.

Thanks, guys. I'm enjoying the squad as they are now. I spent a bit this year to bring in a few quality youth players. We have several options comin gup from our own youth setup for strikers and centrebacks too.

We also ended up making money this year! We got the final payment for Champions League TV deals :) Made over $12M this season!

Wish we could have gone all the way in Europe, but the semi finals is a good start and the best we've done so far. Now to push on.

3 June 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Man United Looking to Cerud to Take Manager Spot

With Jol's retirement, the Red Devils are looking to replace their manager for the upcoming season and Tottenham's boss seems to be the primary candidate. However, earlier today Cerud make it very clear that his commitment is with the Spurs.

"While anyone would be happy to be considered for the job with Manchester United, Tottenham is the club at which I belong now. I am not looking to move, especially after the progress we have made and the title we have brought to Perryman Arena. My goal is to ensure that we continue to challenge for that title year in and out."

manuw.png

2019-2020 Pre-Season

The Stats

Barclays Premier League: Qualify for the UEFA Champions League

FA Cup with Budweiser: Reach the Semi Final

McDonalds FA Community Shield: Not important

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Quarter Final

Media Prediction: 3rd of 20

Betsson Title Odds: 6-1

Wage Budget: $135 977 173 (+$13 462 426 from last season)

Currently Spending: $91 384 968 ($44 592 205 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $93 946 379 (+$36 815 601 from last season)

Main Kit Sponsorship: $12 970 000 (expires 2021)

Additional Kit Sponsor: $10 820 000 (expires 2020)

Additional Kit Sponsor: $26 900 000 (expires 2020)

Stadium Sponsor: $8 013 012 (expires 2027)

General Sponsor: $1 180 000 (expires 2026)

Premier League TV Rights: $69.48M

Average Ticket Price: $42.80 (+$0.60 from last year)

Average Season Ticket Price: $1 370 ($10 from last year)

Season Ticket Holders: 32 096 (+2 885 from last year)

Estimated Value: $444M (8th in world)

National Club Ranking in England: 4th

European Club Ranking: 8th

Goals

• Make final of the Champions League
  • Win the Premiership
  • Make a profit
  • Develop youth.

I still want to continue to get younger in the 1st squad as we have several players in their early 30s and late 20s. This also includes developing talent within the youth setup, which has been going well. I expect Butterworth to have an increased role, especially after his breakout season, as well as for Choquehuanca. However, the goal has to be a Champions League title. That's where we need to look now.

1 July 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Cerud Commits Future to Tottenham

In what is listed as one of the most expensive managerial contracts in history, Tottenham manager Cerud has signed a new four year, $10 million per annum deal to remain at the club. The Hotspurs, who are the current Barclays Premier League champions were keen to hold onto their winning manager, who has also seen them win an FA Cup and consecutive Carling League Cups in his year and a half reign.

Chairman Matthew Moore expressed his happiness at the new deal, stating "We are happy that Cerud has committed to what we are building here at Perryman Arena. I'm sure I speak on behalf out our staff, players, and fans that knowing Cerud will remain will be a boon to our club."

jobr.png

job1.png

28 July 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Argentina and Mexico Vie for Cerud

With the Copa América finished, the positions at Mexico and Argentina have become vacant for a new manager. Both national sides have set their sights on current Tottenham manager Cerud as the man they want. Cerud, who have managed nationally for Costa Rica and Canada, has not stated a favourite or whether he is wanting to enter national management at this time.

mexn.png

args.png

2019-2020 End of Pre-Season

The Matches

England - npower Football League Championship - Cardiff City - won 2-0

England - npower Football League One - Leyton Orient - won 7-0

England - Barclays Premier League - Middlesbrough - won 4-1

Canada - npower Football League Championship - Sheffield Wednesday - won 6-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - Again, only a few key positions were filled this year. We may be busy in January but we'll have to see how our promoted youth players do with a bit of playing time on the first squad.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - D C, DM - Papadopoulos comes to us after 5 successful seasons with AC Milan. This world reknowned centreback has been a welcome site around Perryman Arena and has made me a bit more popular as well!

Gerard Hendricks - M/AM L - Hendricks actually played for me on loan with I managed sc Heerenveen. He was sitting on Manchester United's reserves squad, so I brought him in as cover for our left wing. In all likelyhood, he may job share that position this season and take it over in a couple years.

Pre-Season Thoughts

I turned down both international jobs. I'm not adverse to international management; it's just not my priority right now. Our goal this year must be the Champions League. We came so close last year, only to have a horrible showig in the semi finals, albiet with injuries to key players. This year, I hope for different.

McDonalds FA Community Shield

CF3E3337-B2A4-44A0-0DD3938E0CD6C650.jpg

11 August 2019

200px-Newcastle_United_Logo.svg.png200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Final

Newcastle United 1 - 5 Tottenham Hotspur

A match that began as a closely contested game ended up in a bit of a blowout all because of a stupid move by a player. Newcastle looked as though they may take this one on a great individual effort. However, the man who scored also ended up with a straight red card last in the first half. This allowed me to use my team talk to regroup the boys and come out swinging. Five unanswered goals and another trophy for our cabinet, our third consecutive FA Community Shield!

August 2019 Update

Barclays Premier League

A great start to the season; however, given the opponents that we faced, also expected. Leicester gifted us the easy win having 2 of their players sent off for red cards while still in the first half. It was also nice to see a few of our newer players get on the scoresheet, including two goals for Hendriks on his debut. The second match also saw a new goalscorer in 17 year old Muslic a backup midfielder. Something to write home to mom about.

fixk.png

McDonalds FA Community Shield

Our third consecutive FA Community Shield. The red card to Newcastle in the first half made this an easy win.

shieldp.png

The Standings

standr.png

Two wins and we are on the right side of the table. It's much too easy to really make any sense of it yet, so I won't even try.

Awards

• Manager of the Month - Cerud - 2nd Place

Group Stage

Here is the group draw.

Group A: CSKA Moscow (RUS), Athletic (ESP), SK Rapid Wien (AUT), FC Bayern (GER)

Group B: PSG (FRA), Sporting CP (POR), Spartak Moscow (RUS), Man Utd (ENG)

Group C: Juventus (ITA), Hibernian (SCO), Arsenal (ENG), Fenerbahçe (TUR)

Group D: Sparta Prague (CZE), Barcelona (ESP), AC Milan (ITA), Dijon (FRA)

Group E: Genk (BEL), Olympiacos (GRE), At. Madrid (ESP), Tottenham (ENG)

Group F: PSV (NED), Man City (ENG), M. Haifa (ISR), Inter (ITA)

Group G: CFR Cluj (ROU), Real Madrid (ESP), Leverkusen (GER), FC Kabenhavn (DEN)

Group H: Fiorentina (ITA), Marseille (FRA), Shakhtar (UKR), Dinamo Moscow (RUS)

At. Madrid will definitely be some stiff competition. However, I'm confident of being able to qualify out of this group.

With that Champios League draw you couldbe tested in all the way games, and Atletico both home and away, but you should get through. I guess there is no easy group in the champions league, and its not a bad draw.

Any thoughts on Mexico or Argentina? You did a great job with Canada, but these would give you genuine chances at the big trophies.

With that Champios League draw you couldbe tested in all the way games, and Atletico both home and away, but you should get through. I guess there is no easy group in the champions league, and its not a bad draw.

Any thoughts on Mexico or Argentina? You did a great job with Canada, but these would give you genuine chances at the big trophies.

I decided against the two national jobs. I woul dprobably only take one if there was a national side where I could also bring in a few of my Tottenham players. I don't have any Mexicans or Argentinians as of now.

Not bad group :thup: Im sure you will pick up 6 pointer against Genk and Olympiacos ;)
Good group draw.

Thanks, all. Happy with the group. At. Madrid was be a challenge but I'm confident of qualifying.

1 September 2019

the_times_logo.jpg

Facilities Get an Upgrade at Tottenham

In the everpresent need for better players, Tottenham have announced a $3.9M retrofit to their training facilities. While the work will not begin until the current season has completed, it should only take a few months to finalize.

trainj.png

September 2019 Update

Barclays Premier League

A good month in the league, but it looks as though we just can't hold onto a clean sheet. With how well our goalkeeping did for us last year, I hoping that the two of them will share to starting role from now on. There are more than enough matches for them to both play. Unfortunately, we have lost Mavreas, one of our starting strikers for a couple of months. He's been sent to a specialist for a hip injury. However, it's great to see Doumbia continue were he left off from last season.

fixfz.png

Carling Cup

I played a few of our younger players in this match against Derby and it almost damaged the outcome. We played well, but just couldn't break down their defense. It wasn't until the final quarter of the match when Butterworth lit up the net with two beautiful goals for the win, but it could have easily gone sour fast.

carlingd.png

The Standings

standy.png

Still winning in the league, but so are a few others. It looks as though this will be another tight table for the year. Interesting to see Southampton doing so well. And Chelsea? What's going on? When we played them this past month our odds were 7-1 to beat them. I guess they have fallen hard in the past year.

Awards

• Player of the Month - Seydou Doumbia - 2nd Place
  • Young Player of the Month - Stewart Butterworth - 1st Place, Robbie Green - 3rd Place
  • Manager of the Month - Cerud - 3rd Place

2019-2020 UEFA Champions League

Group E

An easy match to begin with. A trip to Greece was a nice way to start and gave us a jump in the group. Mavreas led the way with a brilliant hattrick. Too bad he's injured for a bit now. The table is what I would expect at this stage.

efix.png

cstand.png

Archived