The Rise of the Cerud

cerud

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2013

25 July 2013

1883543137.png1482439312.png

Semi Final

Costa Rica 3 - 1 Honduras

Honduras was strong, but we met them at all points. We began quickly with a goal in the 4th minute from competition leader Saborío. By the end of the half, we were up 2-1. Soborío added one more in the 83rd minute to seal to win and our trip to the finals :)

The Final

Here is the final.

finaloz.png

Mexico. Of course. Here we go.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2013

28 July 2013

1883543137.png306663838.png

Final

Costa Rica 0 - 2 Mexico

So, when you get 7 yellow cards, 1 red card, and a penalty kick against your squad and it's still the first half, that's when you realize the other team must have offered the referee a tidy sum of money as a bribe. This match was ludicrous. A completely onesided events by the referee. Even the match report stated as such, denying the penalty was even a penalty.

Overall, the competition went well. We finished above the semi final position that our Board wanted. We can look back with pride.

The Results

Group A: Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Canada

Group B: Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago, El Salvador, Barbados

Group C: Jamaica, United States, Cuba, Guatemala

goldcp.png

The Awards

Managerial Changes

Amazingly, it looks like no one lost their job over performance.

July 2013 Update

smallnews_817.jpg

FC Anji Makhachkala - SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

The beginning of the league was half and half. We lost to a fierce rival, but rebounded against Krasnodar. We're still becoming proficient tactically, so I'm willing to give leniency...for a while.

fixep.png

Rambler Kubok Rossii

The Kubok Rossii is Russia's major domestic cup competition. We begin in the 6th Round because of our position in the top league. First up, was Salyut Belgorod. An easy match in which we dominated. They are a lower league club and simply not up to the standard of our play and squad.

kubok.png

The Standings

standk.png

So, after one month, we are 50% in wins and have an even goal difference. I'm hoping that all of this is simply due to the squad needing to become tactically aware. I'm also still looking for players, especially a replacement for Samuel Eto'o. Unfortunately, no one of that calibre would ever consider us. It's looking as though I'll have to trade him so that he doesn't just simply leave on a free.

A good tournament with Costa Rica in the CONCACAF but shame on losing to Mexico.

Thanks SRL88. I'm think of leaving Costa Rica now and focusing on Anji. They didn't qualify for the World Cup, so there's no much to do with them.

Anzhi (only on FM12 have they used 'Anji' so that's the form I'm used to) should be good with all that money, if you can find people that want to come.

Yeah, I saw that everything uses Anzhi, just FM is different. I already like to research clubs and the cities that they are in before I move to them in order to see if it's a job and place I would really go to and it came up in that. I'll probably keep using Anji though just cause that's what is in game.

Very good performance with Costa Rica,shame about losing to Mexico.Not too bad a start with Anji/Anzhi but it still early days.

Thanks, BWG. Wish we could have had a better go but, that's life.

14 August 2013

lancenet.jpg

Cerud Vacates Managerial Position with Costa Rica

After a presentable showing in the Gold Cup, Costa Rican team manager Cerud has decided to end his tenure with the nation. While undefeated up until the final match, Mexico was simply too strong a side for the small Central American squad to deal with.

"Costa Rica has a good set up and good youth coming in that will keep them competitive for awhile. However, with little chance of competitive football for the next year, I feel that stepping down now will give my successor ample time to galvanize the squad and make it stronger for the competitions that will follow. Enjoyed my time here, but my focus has to be with Anji."

Federacion_Costarricense_de_Futbol-logo-B80B63A42A-seeklogo.com.gif

Costa Rica National Football Team - Costa Rican Football Federation

Costa Rica didn't qualify for the World Cup, so there wouldn't be much to do for a couple years. I can use this time to help Anji now.

costaai.png

Managerial National Record

recordr.png

Plans

Nothing concrete in terms of national football. The United States just sacked their manager after a bad friendly and I know the Canadian manager is in a precarious position. If a nation asks, I'll see. Otherwise, I don't think that I'm going to go actively looking right now.

August 2013 Update

smallnews_817.jpg

SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

We're starting to make our presence known in Russia. Strong wins, including against fierce rivals Spartak Moscow, have helped us tactically and in morale. We are a strong squad who believes they can win, regardless of the happen.

fixkk.png

UEFA Europa League

Our Europa League campaign offically got underway as well, beginning in Croatia. We made easy work of Zagreb as well as Georgia's Dinamo Tbilisi. We have now made the group stages. Ours includes:

• Greece's Olympiacos
  • Austria's FC Red Bull Salzburg
  • France's Amiens

I believe this should be a group that we can qualify from. I also think we got lucky, especially in looking at a few other groups.

europaf.png

Transfers

A few more transfers made, Two notable ones; I signed two strikers, one who was currently on laon with us already and one from my former club, Santo André.

Maxim Kanunnikov - ST - I paid $9.5M for Kanunnikov, my biggest signing ever. While that may seem like too much for a player of his stature, I believe he will end up worth it. Unfortunately, all his goal stats were erased when he switched over from loanee to owned, but he has been producing a solid amount of goals. He's also a Russian national, which is highly prized for a league that only allows 6 foreigners in the starting XI. Finally, he's only 22 years old. I've signed him to a 4 year deal so I will have him as he matures and grows into a top striker.

Carlos André - ST - I brought André to Santo André to be a back up striker. In the end, he became my main starter and top goalscorer for the club as well as the league. His stats have massively improved. He's young and was ready to test his skills in a bigger league. Plus, I'm listed as a favourite of his, so I knew that he would want to come. However, it did cost $5M to do it.

The Standings

standa.png

We are looking good in the league. It's still very tight, but we're on pace for a good finish. My transfer moves basically broke the bank; we are sitting about $6.5M in the hole. However, they were needed. Plus, this frees me up to sell Samuel Eto'o and actually get something for him. I know that selling him will be unpopular, but it's either do it now, or not get anything at all as he leaves on a free transfer. I'd rather make some money.

1 September 2013

logo-clicrbs.jpg

Cerud Leaves Brazil Only to Return?

Brazilian media sources were running rampant today at the rumour of Canadian manager Cerud returning to the Brasileirão. Dorival Júnior was fired earlier today at Internacional and Cerud has quickly emerged as the frontrunner to take over the popular Brazilian club. However, Cerud was unavailable for comment was his current club, Anji, was travelling back to Moscow after their recent home win against Rostov.

interif.png

Great Gold Cup with Costa Rica, shame about the loss in the final. Maybe you should have used some of Anji's millions to persuade the ref ;)

Nice start to life in Russia, I wouldn't be thinking about leaving at this stage. Maybe in a few years when you've won a couple of titles though.

Great start in Russia :)

A good link, but I would stay at Anji...

Yeah, that was my decision too.

Great Gold Cup with Costa Rica, shame about the loss in the final. Maybe you should have used some of Anji's millions to persuade the ref ;)

Nice start to life in Russia, I wouldn't be thinking about leaving at this stage. Maybe in a few years when you've won a couple of titles though.

Anji doesn't have millions anymore after my spending spree. Also, this club is bleed money in wages. I'm still trying to unload Eto'o, but it's proving more difficult than I would have noped.

Impressive start,looks like Zenit will turn out to be a tough team to topple.

Zenit is up there, but we played them this month :) Update soon!

Doing well, maybe too soon for a return to Brazil?

Too soon indeed, markyosullivan.

September 2013 Update

smallnews_817.jpg

SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

The tie against Dinamo Bryansk was annoying. It should have been a match to easily win. We hit them with everything for 90 minutes, but their goalkeeper played a brilliant game. However, we did beat Zenit! Zenit is our main competition as they were basically tied with us in the table. This win gives us a bit of an edge now, a place where we can grow a lead from.

fixk.png

Rambler Kubok Rossii

I had to combine this with the Europa League in the screenshot due to this forum's 4 pic rule. Still, it was a strong win against Amkar, another lower league club.

UEFA Europa League

Our first match in the groups stages sent us travelling to Austria to take on FC Red Bull Salzburg. It was a dominant win that I believe will set us up of for a good finish out of the group stages. FC Red Bull was likely our strongest competition in the group so to get this win...perfect.

cupsr.png

The Standings

standf.png

We now have a 3 point lead in the standings after 10 matches. We are officially a third of the way done with this campaign. I'm much happier with our defensive play than I was in Brazil too; looks like tactical changes have paid off. On another note though, I'm having trouble unloading Samuel Eto'o. I had an offer from Italian Serie A side, Fiorentina. It was a decent one too, but Eto'o rejected it on several grounds. I may need to lower my asking price to attract more clubs. Carlos André has stepped in nicely though. He's played four matches so far, scoring in each one!

Great start to your Anji career, are they as loaded as people think?

Well, they may have been. But right now, there's about $100M in loan debt. They are also in the process of building a new 50 000 capacity stadium, so their money probably went to that.

Out of interest, when exactly did Roberto Carlos leave your team?

I fired him the day I took the job. He was a first team coach making $7.25M/year until 2017. There's no way a coach needs to be paid that much. He bought out for relatively cheap compared to his contact and went on his way.

Great work! Russia seems to be treating you well.

Did the USA Coach (deservedly) get fired after the Gold Cup?

The United States lost only one match in the group stages against Jamaica, but then they met up with my Costa Rican squad in the Quarter Finals. We trounced them 4-1. Klinsmann was allowed one more match against Honduras in the World Cup Qualifiers to try and get it together, but ended up in a disappointing tie. I think the US Board wanted more than a Quarter Final finish and were probably justified in firing him. They've hired Dominic Kinnear and he's won the next 4 World Cup Qualifying matches and clinched a sport in the competition. Looks like the right choice so far.

October 2013 Update

smallnews_817.jpg

SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

Unfortunately, we've been hit with a few injuries. There was a break for international matches and three of my players returned injured. Due to the strict starting XI rules in the Liga, I have had to now use reserve and youth players in order to fulfill the Russian player mandate. This has hurt us somewhat. Still, we have come away with three league victories out of four, including a big one against CSKA Moscow, a near rival on the standings table.

fixm.png

UEFA Europa League

Commanding win against Amiens only to fall short against Olympiacos. Again, our injuries hurt us as well as a generally tired squad. We have dropped to 2nd in our group standings, but should still qualify.

europar.png

The Standings

standp.png

The table has us 4 points up on our closest opposition with most teams at the halfway mark. We also have a match in hand, which should help us in making a bigger point lead down the road. On the Samuel Eto'o saga, it's looking like he may be sticking around. I can't find a team to pick up his crazy contract demands, which sucks because we will end up losing out on a substantial transfer fee. I could have used the money. Our Board just injected $1.6M to help with costs, but we are losing money pretty bad right now, mainly because our ticket prices are insanely low. Season tickets are barely over $70 and a match is about $5. I'd like to see those figures increased 5 or 10-fold. However...unlikely.

Atleast you are doing well and have a game in hand.

Indeed :)

You can always just salary dump Eto'o on a very low fee if you're really desperate to get him off the wage bill...

I may have too. He's still great, but I can't justify playing a player $14M a year.

Great start in Russia. Will be hard to get rid of Eto even at a low fee if he doesn't want to take a huge wage cut.

Yeah...although there may be some news upcoming on the Eto'o front...

Still going strongly. Once you win a title and get some Champions League action, the finances should hopefully sort themselves out :)

True, but could really use it now.

3 November 2013

AqCY5PVvagRKAcZy35uLRxUhKd.jpg

Financial Troubles for Anji

In an effort to protect Anji from league intervention, Chairman Kerimov has initiated a debt restructing initiative to aid the financially distressed club. The goal is seems is to keep the club afloat and hope to league position and prize money to help in the long run. Anji manager Cerud will be counted on to guarantee top finishes for years to come.

debt.png

Never seen this before! Unfortunately, all it means is that my Chairman gave us a personal loan of $17.75M. It also means that instead of the monthly $408K I was paying in loan repayments, I now have to pay $610K per month. Great... I'm beginning to understand why developing nations hate the IMF...

The Chairman has a net worth of $7.8 billion. But gives a loan instead of put money in the club and changing ticket prices(Which are very cheap) to attempt to even the books . As long as he gives decent wage budgets and transfers funds to buy the best Russians as will be a while till your able to produce your own then you should be able to cope with it and stay competitive.

Never seen it either. But then again FM12 is my first FM ever.
The Chairman has a net worth of $7.8 billion. But gives a loan instead of put money in the club and changing ticket prizes(Which are very cheap) to attempt to even the books . As long as he gives decent wage budgets and transfers funds to buy the best Russians as will be a while till your able to produce your own then you should be able to cope with it and stay competitive.

Yep, a loan. But this is not the first. Out of my 3 loans, 2 are with my gracious Chairman. We met be a billionaire, but he likes t line his own pockets.

3 November 2013

AqCY5PVvagRKAcZy35uLRxUhKd.jpg

Cerud and Eto'o Reach Deal!

In a complete surprize move, Anji manager has been able to keep his star player, Samuel Eto'o, signing his to a 2 year contract extension. While the specifics of the deal have not been made public, it is believed from inside sources that Eto'o agreed to a wage reduction in order to help with the club's financial issues. The Makhachkala public are understandably delighted with the news, fearing that Eto'o would be soon leaving. At a press conference convened after the signing, Cerud stated:

"I am happy that we were able to come to an agreement that works for Anji and Samuel. He is a world class player who is currently having the best year of his career. I think we all can recognize the contributions he has had to the club, the sport, and to the fans who watch him play day in and day out. He is a class act and I am very happy that we have kept our captain."

33506159.png

Wow, did I get lucky! I figured if no one is going to take him, maybe he'll see the light. SO, I took him off transfer status and renewed negotiations. I got a very beneficial contract for the club. It is a 2 year extension at $10M a year (down from his previous $14M). Appearance and goal bonuses are unchanged. However, I did have to agree to a small Team of the Year Bonus ($500K) and a Relegation Release Clause. Since we're nowhere near getting relegated though, who cares? ;) Eto'o is staying!

Wow. After reading this thread I can safely say I still haven't got the faintest idea about what is going on in Brazil!

Looks like you could be in for an interesting ride in Russia. Nice to see Eto'o staying though.

Good position in the league,hopefully you can get the league won and start getting money in from Europe.Nice to see Eto'o staying as well for a decreased salary of course :D

Well done on a (almost) successful Gold Cup! Every time I see Costa Rica, for some reason, it always makes me think of Paulo Wanchope :D

How are you finding the squad restriction in Russia? Got a bit annoying after a while for me.

Was going to be my next suggestion ;) but I didn't think it would work :eek:

Neither did I, Welsh Wizard, but I'm glad it did!

I think I would stomach $10 million a season a bit better with the form he's been on for you. You need to get back to the Champions League next season for the long term financial stability of the club.

He's been lethal in front of the net. Although, Carlos Andre who I brought over from Santo Andre has been on a goal a game pace too.

You've got a bit of a financial time-bomb on your hands.

Yeah...I'm hoping to win the league and get a $10M payout from that. Then next year, have the Champions League. Wish I didn't need to rely on prize money though. We still have I think the 3rd highest wages in the league. Cutting Eto'o's wages helped. I've also just resigned another strike and got him to agree to a 50% wage cut and a move down to backup.

Wow. After reading this thread I can safely say I still haven't got the faintest idea about what is going on in Brazil!

Looks like you could be in for an interesting ride in Russia. Nice to see Eto'o staying though.

Ah Brazil...wins games and you should be going in the right direction!

Good position in the league,hopefully you can get the league won and start getting money in from Europe.Nice to see Eto'o staying as well for a decreased salary of course :D

We're making changes in the right direction, albeit slow. I may need to get rid of a few high prices foreign players and try to find some lower cost Russians.

Well done on a (almost) successful Gold Cup! Every time I see Costa Rica, for some reason, it always makes me think of Paulo Wanchope :D

How are you finding the squad restriction in Russia? Got a bit annoying after a while for me.

The squad rules are annoying. It's tough to find decent Russian players; they're all rated 1.5 stars and lower for the most part. I'm going to finish the season, probably stay for another, but I will also be looking for interesting offers.

13 November 2013

logo%255B1%255D.gif

Lokomotiv Problems Worsen as Muslin Fired

After spending the first half of the season close to the relegation zone, The Lokomotiv Board has decided to fire Muslin from the position of manager. Rumours are flying as to who will take over the once dominant Russian club; however, it is current Anji manager Cerud who are emerged as the most likely contender. Cerud, for his part, has declined to comment, stating that he is focusing on his current job at hand.

lokol.png

November 2013 Update

smallnews_817.jpg

SOGAZ Prem'er Liga

Our injured players have slowly begun to return to the squad, giving us some good performances against Krasnodar and Volga. Interestingly, we played Lokomotiv quickly after the news linking me to the job. In the end, it was never offered. The loss to Kuban was annoying though. My backup goalkeeper has been asking for more playing time. No more. When I put him in, I may as well use a cardboard cutout.

fixdc.png

UEFA Europa League

We have retaken top spot in our group with our second match against Olympiacos. This was an epic match! We went up 2-0 in the first half. Olympiacos fought back and scored three in a row by the 85th minute. I figured we were set for the loss, but two goals in stoppage time and we regained the lead!

europavk.png

The Standings

standy.png

We still have our 4 point lead, but the big difference is between the top two clubs and 3rd place. Zenit has fallen hard in the past couple months and Lokomotiv faces possible relegation. With only 11 matches left in the season, we are headed into the winter break. No matches in the league for December, but I still have a couple Europa matches.

Archived