The Rise of the Cerud

cerud

Just wait until you're eligible for Copa Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores- you'll be playing 80+ then!! :eek:

Well done on promotion!

I played with Flamengo on FM11 and had s imilar situation, especially as we made the finals of most competitions we played in. At least once you quakify for the continental cups, you don't take part in the Brazilian cup anymore. Also, Brazil enters different teams into the continental cups. A lot of the South American leagues allow the same teams to enter both cups in the same season!

I also had a save in Mexico back on FM 09 I think. At that time, top Mexican clubs could enter both South American competitions and the NACL. There was also the Superliga between top Mexican and MLS clubs and the Club World Cup. In one season, we ended up playing 96 matches :eek:

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A good start so far, a top8 finish would be great.
Looking good for the play-off spot, though I guess you have Santos, Palmeiras and Sao Paulo still to play. Go get 'em!
Going along very nicely so far.
Hopefully you can achieve a playoff spot.
Definitely better this time.

Thanks guy! And welcome Akkarin, a new poster! Thanks :) Still having to play a few Serie A clubs is always on my mind. Means that I have to make sure to show up for the matches I know I can win!

Brazil - two seasons for the price of one! :)

What a deal!

Just wait until you're eligible for Copa Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores- you'll be playing 80+ then!! :eek:

Well done on promotion!

I played with Flamengo on FM11 and had s imilar situation, especially as we made the finals of most competitions we played in. At least once you quakify for the continental cups, you don't take part in the Brazilian cup anymore. Also, Brazil enters different teams into the continental cups. A lot of the South American leagues allow the same teams to enter both cups in the same season!

I also had a save in Mexico back on FM 09 I think. At that time, top Mexican clubs could enter both South American competitions and the NACL. There was also the Superliga between top Mexican and MLS clubs and the Club World Cup. In one season, we ended up playing 96 matches :eek:

Wow...I never thought about that. I'm going to need a 60+ player squad for when (if) that happens!

March 2012 Update

510004580.png

EC Santo André - Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

& Campeonato Paulista Série A1

Campeonato Paulista Série A1

A very busy month. At least our Copa matches got pushed back to April due to our opponent's other commitments. We had some very good wins, including against Portuguesa in Série A. However, we always knew that the matches against São Paulo and Palmeiras were going to be tough.

I am finding one area where we are lacking and it's an odd one. Quality penalty kickers. I had 4 penalty shots this month and only scored on 1 of them. Not sure why.

fixfb.png

The Standings

standj.png

A truly fabulous month that has seen us skyrocket up the table. I think a playoff spot is all but guaranteed now. However, we still have to play Santos. The other match is against our feeder club who sits in relegation so not too worried about that. This has definitely been a better showing than last year. Always helps when your squad knows and understands the tactics you employ!

Going well, despite the defeats against the two big boys.

Thanks, deltablue. Always knew those two matches would be difficult but we made the others count!

Think you got what it takes to make playoffs. Hopefully you do your part in the last couple games, and maybe sneak a draw against Santos.

Cheers, rancer ;) I'm sure you'll enjoy my next update.

Hope you can secure a playoff spot.You deserve it for the good season your having :D

I agree, BWG. I agree.

April 2012 Update

510004580.png

The final two matches of the season were great. The match against Santos was absolutely dominated by us. Santos had only 3 attempts to our 9 and none on net.

The playoffs saw us draw Guarani in the Quarter Finals, another Série B side. We had never won against them before so a win now was the best time to start. Drawing Corinthians in the Semi Finals was another story. I figured we were never expected to go far even though our title odds had been decent at the beginning of the year. By the half, we were still at a draw and our confidence growing. André, a back up striker of our who has fought and claimed a starting position throughout the year, got on the end of a brilliant cross for the only goal of the match. We had made the Finals!

The Finals, again had us against our parent club, São Paulo. This is a double match round with the first played at home. I had no expectations, so to win out 1-0 is truly amazing. We now go into next month, into one of the loudest, most vitrolic stadiums in the world for the Final match. One goal up. No pressure.

fixgb.png

Copa Kia do Brasil

The Second Round has us against Série A side, Bahia. Two ties were good matches, but Bahia won on away goals.

copajc.png

The Standings

stands.png

We finished the regular season of the Paulista in 4th place, a solid finish. The playoffs have been an amazing run. We were given 33-1 odds of winning, which isn't out of the realm of possibility. One more match; we'll see what happens.

May 2012 Update

510004580.png

Well, it wasn't meant to be. São Paulo was simply just too strong. They commanded the match, beginning with a penalty kick early in the first half. We began a valiant fight back in the second half and pulled back a couple of goals, only one away from a win. We just needed a bit more time.

paulista.png

Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

A decent start to Série B. We tied Fortaleza who made it to the Finals of Série C along with us. We still have an arduous journey, a 38 match league. Two down, thirty-six to go.

fixr.png

The Standings

standr.png

We sit in 4th place after our two matches. The top four are promoted to Série A, so we stand a real chance. The odds makers give us an 8-1 chance of being promoted, one of the best odds in the league. Given our record against Série B clubs in the Paulista, I'm beginning to believe it's a real possibility.

June 2012 Update

510004580.png

A month that started well didn't end well. For some reason, we just stopped producing. I held a team meeting (the game finally let me) and the squad didn't respond as desired. It's odd; the strong teams, we have done well. Lower teams, we haven't. It's still early to worry, but I hope that we figure out why this is happening quickly.

fixs.png

The Standings

standr.png

We're still in the hunt for a promotion place even though we've fell somewhat. We're a quarter into the season and, all in all, I need to remember that we're doing well. Still, I expect a better showing in matches that we're predicted to win. Some of these have been downright horror shows.

Great work making it to the play-off final against Sao Paulo, I had a feeling you might get something from the Santos match...! Now you just need to push on in Serie B, but very strong showing for first quarter of first season (back in) the division.

Seems like Brazil would be the best place to get that elusive 100 goal striker.

It would be and you'd have the games to hit it :) I think my top goalscorer so far only has 15 or so.

Great performance in the state championship - you should be aiming for promotion after that ;)
Going well, enjoying this so far!

Keep it up and you never know, you might find yourself in Serie A before you know it!

Not too bad.

We stand a good chance of promotion; however, we need to get over this minor blip we're in now.

Great work making it to the play-off final against Sao Paulo, I had a feeling you might get something from the Santos match...! Now you just need to push on in Serie B, but very strong showing for first quarter of first season (back in) the division.

That Santos match was just fun :)

Unlucky against Sao Paulo but you've made a brilliant start to life in Serie B.

Thanks, BWG. The Paulista final was always going to be tough; I'm happy to make it as far as we did. Serie B has been good. It's definitely a dogfight compared to Serie C. It's a very congested table where a win or a loss can mean a significant change is standing.

July 2012 Update

510004580.png

A decent month. We were able to get over our minor goalless streak of last month and begin strong. However, Vasco absolutely dominated us. We took an early red card and were never able to recover. One thing that I've noticed...every match I play in Série B, there is a red card, sometimes two. Thankfully, it's usually the other team getting it, but this league loves their red cards. Definitely something to consider when building a squad in Brazil.

fixz.png

The Standings

standv.png

We have moved back into a promotion spot. You can see just how congested the standings are with only 6 points separating 1st and 10th place. I think it's safe to say that the bottom 3 clubs will be relegated unless they do something drastic. Grêmio Barueri could save themselves. As for ourselves, we are 4 matches from the halfway point and doing well. We are letting in too many goals and that's something to think about. Still, it's pretty much only a goal against per match and that's not too bad. The other clubs around me must just have really good defense.

Fantastic stuff so far this year!
No shame even if you can't quite do it yet.
A great performance in the Paulistao! Well done!
Great performance in the Paulista, and looking good to challenge for promotion this season!
Great work to be up in the promotion places, still got alot of hard work to go, its so tight up the top!
Going along quite nicely there.
Close race your involved in,hope you can take advantage of a team's slip up!

Thanks guys :) The season has gone better than my Board had hoped for, even though the media gives us a very good chance at promotion. I hope that we can make a push, but defensive problems are arising...

August 2012 Update

510004580.png

This month was extremely frustrating. I'm not sure what the problem with my goalkeeper is, but he can't hold onto a lead. He reminds me of Gomes on Tottenham, capable of brilliant saves, yet can always be counted on for absolute stupidity. I was happy that we were finaly able to break the ties with a win in the end, but I fear that this is not an issue that will just go away.

fixc.png

The Standings

standt.png

All of those ties have caused us to drop in the standings a little. We are only a point out from where we were last month, but this congestion should show much one can move by dropping only a few points. My goals against is horrible, one of the worst in the league. At least once a match, either my goalkeeper or a defender makes a mistake and has his morale drop to under 5.0. My players lack any confidence at all.

I think this has to do with determination. I usually like to choose players with high determination because I fend that don't cry if things don't go their way. The players I have available to me here are not always the best in terms of determination. I'll need to clean up my defensive line, regardless of whether we get promoted or not.

Wow - it is real tight in the top ten... I reckon you have a good chance for the play off if you can string a couple of wins together, which would also raise morale in the squad. Good luck with the second half of the season!

Wow - it is real tight in the top ten... I reckon you have a good chance for the play off if you can string a couple of wins together, which would also raise morale in the squad. Good luck with the second half of the season!

Cheers, Akkarin! Yeah, the table is crazy tight. No time to mess around!

2012 Youth Candidates

510004580.png

EC Santo André - Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

Youth Candidates

youthh.png

This seems to be the year of the striker. Half my intake!

My assistant manager likes Tinguinha, one of the strikers. I've highlighted a couple more as well.

Giuliano - D C, DM, M C

Tinguinha - AM C, ST

Edilson - AM C, ST

Still very close in the league but nice to see you have a good youth intake.If you don't do it this season then it will give you good foundations to push for next season.

A good intake, lots of attacking players! Still doing well in the league too, you've got a great goal difference compared to those around you which could end up being important.

All attacking players :) But there's definitely a few good prospects. My youth squad is now looking like a true squad.

Still very close in the league but nice to see you have a good youth intake.If you don't do it this season then it will give you good foundations to push for next season.
Very tight in the league!! Hope your boys play well under pressure ;)

Cheers, BWG and DodgeeD. This table is very close. Makes the fight real! ;)

September 2012 Update

510004580.png

A better month after all those ties! We're still bleeding goals, which is giving away too many points that should be ours. Defense will be priority number one to fix in the off-season. Still, only one loss is a good month.

fixr.png

The Standings

standwh.png

The only clubs worse than us in goal difference are clubs in the relegation zone. I can't stress this enough...we NEED to stop getting scored on so easily. Unfortunately, the transfer window is closed. I'll need to wait until after the season is done in order to do anything. I just hope that it is not too late.

You can definitely sneak into the promotion places with a bit of luck!

What worked for me in my save when I was bleeding goals was telling the Defense I expected a performance and yelling at them whenever they gave up 2 or more. They got the message and have only given up 2 or more twice in the last 15 games.

What worked for me in my save when I was bleeding goals was telling the Defense I expected a performance and yelling at them whenever they gave up 2 or more. They got the message and have only given up 2 or more twice in the last 15 games.

Cheers, cswalk08 ;) A little "tough love", eh?

October 2012 Update

510004580.png

So an interesting thing happened in our match against Ceará. In the 12th minute, my goalkeeper made a save, to which the opposing striker didn't stop. He proceeded to run head on into my goalkeeper, breaking his leg in the process. I mistakenly had taken out our backup goalkeeper from my bench and had to use a centreback in as a replacement. The match ended up being a turkey shoot...nine goals in all. The striker in question received no card, not even a yellow. If there was an appeal process, I'd ask for the permission to break his leg.

I am now heading to the end of the season without my starting goalkeeper. Awesome.

fixc.png

The Standings

standt.png

This table is crazy and with only 6 matches left in the season, we are tied, 3rd through to 6th places. I'm not sure why São Caetano is ahead of us given their goal difference. There must be a different way that point ties are decided in Brazil. Interestingly, we were in 1st place, and then our fated match Ceará and the exit of our goalkeeper. I may need a miracle, a good roll of the dice, and a tea leaf reading.

These next 6 matches will be...testing.

Good god,think how the fans feel with all these twists and turns.Will be mental break downs galore if things don't go their way for the clubs they support.Good luck in hitting the top 3,with regards to Sao Caetano,could it be done on head to head record?

That works?

Good god,think how the fans feel with all these twists and turns.Will be mental break downs galore if things don't go their way for the clubs they support.Good luck in hitting the top 3,with regards to Sao Caetano,could it be done on head to head record?

My fans must be having heart attacks with how intense this league table is! I took a look, after points, it says that goal difference and them most goals are the next deciding factors. That means I should be in 4th place ahead of São Caetano (on number of goals) and Brasiliense (on goal difference). Not sure why it is not working.

That works?

No idea :) Haven't had to use it yet. Apparently a change in goalkeeper has motivated the defense to play.

That works?

Well I knew my defense was better than the level it was playing at. Putting the pressure of the expectations on them seemed to motivated them. It probably helped that they've been playing together for 2+ years.

12 November 2012

Estad%C3%A3o.gif

Cerud Reaches 100 Match with Santo André

As the Série B season rapidly is comig to a close, Santo André manager Cerud will be playing his 100 match as boss of the club. It also marks his 100 match as manager of any club. This is a momentous event for any manager, especially one who has been able to maintain their position with a single club. In front of media earlier today, Cerud stated,

"Managing a football was a dream. It reach my 100 match still seems a part of that same drea. However, reality requires us to do our part as I don't think Vila Nova will be that accomodating. We treat this as any other match. We go out to win."

100gs.png

November 2012 Update

510004580.png

A good month heading towards the grand finale. It was unfortunate to lose our last match against Aval as they ae one of the clubs in the hunt for the league title. However, our play has really come around. Surprizingly, this all coincides with us returning to the services of our back up goalkeeper. I guess his 1.5 star rating os better than our main goalkeeper's 3.5 stars.

fixk.png

The Standings

stands.png

We have been promoted!! The craziness of this table is still upon us though. There is one more match to decide who goes home as league champions and it is anyone's guess who that could be. I still don't understand how the positions on the table are decided. The rules dictate that goal difference is used after point totals, which means that I should really be in 2nd place right now. Aval should be in 4th place. Either way, there isn't much that I can do about that now.

One more go for the trophy.

Archived