FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stop playing FM because of you, Golden Eagles! who cares with Chelsea's, Man Utd's,Real Madrid's, Barça's, Sporting Portugal conquer the world??!!! LOLOL

I want to play happy family Saturday Leagues, with there "awesome" grounds and attendance, but most of all, there "superb" 3d match's!!

Hope that next Christmas Eve, Golden Eagles delivers the Level 14. For me it will be my favorite present!! :)

LONG LIVE GOLDEN EAGLES!!!

Dont be cheering before its finished though....dont want to jinx it!! lol

will the UEFA Regions cup be included, as Guersney took part in the 2010/2011 competition...not sure how qualification would work out though

As right now I have no intentions to include the Uefa Regions cup. The cups included in the database will be the County FA cups, the regular FA Cups (FA cup with prelims, FA Vase etc.), and the different league cups for the divisions. There also will be a U18 Youth cup. After that I think the database will be pretty much complete.

As he says, the Lancashire amateur premier league is included in the database.

Have you managed to make the full FA Cup and FA Vase btw?

Not the same league!

I'm talking about this one - www.landc.org.uk

Don't think they're part of the pyramid unfortunately, have seen another league in Lancashire that isn't part of the system but on their wiki page it says they're part of it but have an informal agreement with the West Lancashire leagues. The Prem Division of that league is at L14.

As right now I have no intentions to include the Uefa Regions cup. The cups included in the database will be the County FA cups, the regular FA Cups (FA cup with prelims, FA Vase etc.), and the different league cups for the divisions. There also will be a U18 Youth cup. After that I think the database will be pretty much complete.

On this topic, is there any chance of the NLS Cup/FA Inter League cup or whatever they call it now being included?

I'm not sure if it's possible though?

100% not guna happen but how awesome would it be if at level 14 you could charge players subs for training and matches

I do think having pre and post press conferences at that level will be stupid although nothing can be done about them (not including always sending assistant)

100% not guna happen but how awesome would it be if at level 14 you could charge players subs for training and matchesI do think having pre and post press conferences at that level will be stupid although nothing can be done about them (not including always sending assistant)
As I've managed a club lower than L14, I actually liked the idea of press conferences, was pretty realistic if you're playing in the lower leagues and it's a big match. As Rick87 says above, the league I was managing in get coverage in their local paper, same with the local leagues in my hometown.

One thing I'd like to see is localised transfers. In real life, below level 6 or 7 you won't get many (if any) players transferring to clubs outside their own league / region as they're all part time. Hopefully in future FM editors there will be more options to tailor the in-game transfer markets to fix this.

Is there any chance you could call the match between Kirkby Malzeard and Pateley Bridge the Nidderdale Derby?

It would be great if SI would put some of the teams in this into the proper database so we can get logos made up for them and make it easier for anybody brave enough to try something like this.

Looking forward to this, but could anybody be kind enough to save me going through the thread and answer me a question? In another Level 10 file there were 2 different files you could download, one with County Cups and one without, is the same planned for this one?

Looking forward to this, but could anybody be kind enough to save me going through the thread and answer me a question? In another Level 10 file there were 2 different files you could download, one with County Cups and one without, is the same planned for this one?

I was seriously considering releasing 2 versions, one with county cups and one without.

Im not saying I aint grateful for this cos I am but I noticed yesterday that the levels go down to Level 24 and was just wondering in general is it possible for anyone not particularly you guys to do it down to Level 24 or is 14 the lowest anyone can do ?

That would entail thousands of leagues - not only would it take forever, but few machines could run it.

That would entail thousands of leagues - not only would it take forever, but few machines could run it.

Actually, Level 14 has the most league per level and is the bulk of the pyramid. After level 14 the number of leagues per level reverse and decrease as you go up in levels. See this picture for the English pyramid structure:

The Pyramid

Still would require a tremendous amount of work, but maybe possible.

Im not saying I aint grateful for this cos I am but I noticed yesterday that the levels go down to Level 24 and was just wondering in general is it possible for anyone not particularly you guys to do it down to Level 24 or is 14 the lowest anyone can do ?
Keep looking in this sub-forum over the next couple of months ;)
There's just over 500 leagues from L10 to L24, and that's without cups, which will be about another 250. Minus the county cups.

Ok cool I was just curious after seeing it, would be cool but if it makes a slower game then its probably not for me but Im looking forward to takeing a team from Level 14 to the Prem, thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.
It shouldn't slow the game down because on a matchday (Saturday 3pm for example), you'll be involved in a game of your own (most likely) and now a days with fm, you only get to see a selection of results from a matchday, like one from each league, but then not every league is covered. I can remember on CM01/02 you had to go through every result that was played and then displayed as a percentage on how much is left. The only problem with it having 500 leagues loaded at once is it takes a while to load up at the start, but you're loading 24 leagues as they're all grouped in sub-divisions rather than each separately. But after that, it shouldn't be a problem as you can sort your news subscriptions out and the detail level set to none. And if they were separate, it'd take a while to get to the prem :p

ill take that as a yes and look forward to it if you release it lol

Lol, I'm saying nothing.

I can't even imagine what backwards divisions are lurking after level 14. Surely they'll be the teams that utilise the local councils schools playing fields? :p

Good challenge though!

I've made down to Level 12 on FM11 before and the amount of recreation grounds I had to make was at least 100 :p

The team I've put as my favourite club on my profile are part of a league who all play on a massive park in Bristol, so you've got 28/29 games (there's that amount of pitches) played all at once on a Saturday afternoon. Look up the Durdham Downs on google maps and you can see the outline of all the pitches. If you zoom in enough, you can see some games taking place :)

8 days left!

Are we getting close, or is the date looking like it'll be pushed back?

Also, can I ask if clubs in a league not in the database but in a County Cup with clubs that are will be included? I intend to make the Lancashire & Cheshire league that I mentioned above and place it at Level 13/14 (prem & Div 1, feeding to Cheshire and Manchester leagues), and that would make it a lot easier as most clubs in it are in County cups.

Lol, I'm saying nothing.

I've made down to Level 12 on FM11 before and the amount of recreation grounds I had to make was at least 100 :p

The team I've put as my favourite club on my profile are part of a league who all play on a massive park in Bristol, so you've got 28/29 games (there's that amount of pitches) played all at once on a Saturday afternoon. Look up the Durdham Downs on google maps and you can see the outline of all the pitches. If you zoom in enough, you can see some games taking place :)

Just looked, thats quality, must be irritating for throw ins/corners and things

Lol, I'm saying nothing.

That's a crazy set up! As for the Google Maps point of view, it's like a halfway point between the 2D match engine and the 3D match engine :D

Just looked, thats quality, must be irritating for throw ins/corners and things
I've followed teams in the league for 4 years now, have never seen that mentioned on forums, but there are some people watching around the sides of the pitch so they'd probably stop the ball going onto another pitch.
That's a crazy set up! As for the Google Maps point of view, it's like a halfway point between the 2D match engine and the 3D match engine :D
Haha yeah it is, it's just a shame you can't have grounds like that in the editor as you'll be having stadiums rather than all next to each other. But the attendances will be lower than 10 for most of the teams so you'll see the odd person in a stand on the game in that league :-)

its impossible to go under 20th level (at least on fm11 i didnt try on 12)

i was made level 20 on fm11 added all teams all grounds cities etc tried that several times and unfortunaly by mistake i deleted that and i didnt have time and every thing else to start over

sorry on my english cause im not english speaker

Archived