FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic work Golden eagles! Looking forward to the release. Which reputation will you set for a club at level 14?

For as now I got the Clubs at Level 14 set as 10. (mainly because I might go down even further if the database is not too slow after finishing level 14)

Here is the reps I have set which still can change upon release:

Level***********Division rep (team rep)

14..............................3 (10)

13..............................5 (25)

12..............................8 (50)

11.............................11 (75)

10.............................14 (90)

**Below allready in DB**

9...............................17 (600-100)

8...............................20 (800-300)

7...............................25 (1500-650)

6...............................35 (1950-1200)

5...............................50 (3600-1850)

4...............................65 (3950-2550)

3...............................90 (5100-3200)

2..............................120 (6400-4750)

1..............................185 (9250-5700)

Hey - this is an incredible project! If you're looking for information about the Harrogate and District League, or the Craven and District League, then I can help out - I used to play for the mighty Addingham Reserves a couple of years back, so I know where you can find some information.

These websites might be useful for you if you haven't already found them:

Harrogate and District

Craven and District

If you need any more information, let me know!

EDIT: On the Craven site, if you click on League-Clubs and then choose individual clubs, you can find their kit colours and stadium details - rather useful indeed.

This information is amazing! Thanks a lot this will save me a lot of time!

I remember from my time with the lower league editing that the online resources were pretty poor back then. Better than I'd expected, but there was a lot of inconsistency between sites etc. Just do your best. Your public will let you know of any mistakes quickly enough :D

There are a lot of teams out there at the bottom of the football pyramid that have hardly any information and it might be scattered over different websites. Some other teams have incomplete information period. Those I just had to guess.

But as you said people will give me the right information once the Database is released. Right now I am planning to release christmas eve. And have another major release after the februari patch, this release will mainly be build upon changes suggested by the community.

For as now I got the Clubs at Level 14 set as 10. (mainly because I might go down even further if the database is not too slow after finishing level 14)

**Below allready in DB**

That all looks exactly right to me- you have thought it all through.

**Below allready in DB**

Yes, really good thinking!

I've updated the second post which I am trying to do daily to keep everybody updated about the progress that is being made. I do have a question for you all though.

One of the features of this database will be an advanced youth system where the top youth divisions will be set up as real life. My question is what youth teams are preffered? U18, U21 or U23 teams? And why?

This is fantastic work mate!

Can I ask how you're setting up youth teams a bit further down? Like perhaps County FA youth leagues or same as the first team leagues or something like that. And will there be promotion and relegation between the youth leagues?

This is fantastic work mate!

Can I ask how you're setting up youth teams a bit further down? Like perhaps County FA youth leagues or same as the first team leagues or something like that. And will there be promotion and relegation between the youth leagues?

I am still debating about how I am going to set it up eventhough I do know that I do want the top youth-leagues to be as real as possible which means that the Premier Academy League and the football league Youth alliance will be in there. Further below I am not sure what I am going to do yet but there will be promotion-relegation possible between the top and the bottom youth teams.

Going down to this level is very interesting because there are non FA associated leagues that CAN (but don't always) feed into Level 11 and 12 leagues. I assume you wont include those as it would vastly increase the number of leagues!

Going down to this level is very interesting because there are non FA associated leagues that CAN (but don't always) feed into Level 11 and 12 leagues. I assume you wont include those as it would vastly increase the number of leagues!

I more then likely wont include those leagues, not because of the number of leagues but due to the fact that you cant randomize teams feeding into a level or not. They either feed into a level or they dont. So where I am trying to stay as close to real-life I wont be putting those leagues in.

post 2 updated.
Sounding good so far mate, looking forward to seeing what this will be like when finished :) btw, have you managed to get attendances (roughly) the same for successive seasons? On mine (at Levels 11-13), they've gone up to around 90 compared to about 50 the season before. Another question, what are you doing about reserve/a/b teams that you come across?

Sounding good so far mate, looking forward to seeing what this will be like when finished :) btw, have you managed to get attendances (roughly) the same for successive seasons? On mine (at Levels 11-13), they've gone up to around 90 compared to about 50 the season before. Another question, what are you doing about reserve/a/b teams that you come across?

I am still playing around with attendances as my main focus is still to finish the leagues and set the boundaries correctly so teams dont float around as much. I found a nice website where you can put in the coordinates and it will show you on the map where all cities are which shows you then how your boundaries are set in comparison with the teams in (or out) those boundaries.

Reserve teams are a problem at the moment. As that bug is still unresolved I am hesitant of putting them in at the moment. All reserve teams that play down to level 11 are included. Reserve teams that are supposed to play level 12 and down are excluded for the time being as the promotion relegation bug concerning those teams creates crashes. I hope they come out with a fix for that soon. If not I will make a seperate Reserve league as well for all reserve teams outside the levels 1-11.

I am still playing around with attendances as my main focus is still to finish the leagues and set the boundaries correctly so teams dont float around as much. I found a nice website where you can put in the coordinates and it will show you on the map where all cities are which shows you then how your boundaries are set in comparison with the teams in (or out) those boundaries.

Reserve teams are a problem at the moment. As that bug is still unresolved I am hesitant of putting them in at the moment. All reserve teams that play down to level 11 are included. Reserve teams that are supposed to play level 12 and down are excluded for the time being as the promotion relegation bug concerning those teams creates crashes. I hope they come out with a fix for that soon. If not I will make a seperate Reserve league as well for all reserve teams outside the levels 1-11.

No worries I can understand why you want to do that. But they're not at the same level as what they used to be until you told me about it so I'm happy at the minute with them. Ooh, that sounds good, can you PM me the link please?

Yeah, I reported that bug and they've said they're having a look at it. Are you adding them as the secondary team of the first team? That's how I've got around them. But when it comes to clubs with more than three teams, I've had to put them as an affliliated club with cannot play in the same division ticked. Promotion works fine with reserve teams, if clubs have a team in the higher league, they can't get promoted and it goes to the next best team available. Relegation on the other hand is the problem with them, as if they've got a club in the lower division, they get relegated too when it shouldn't.

No worries I can understand why you want to do that. But they're not at the same level as what they used to be until you told me about it so I'm happy at the minute with them. Ooh, that sounds good, can you PM me the link please?

Yeah, I reported that bug and they've said they're having a look at it. Are you adding them as the secondary team of the first team? That's how I've got around them. But when it comes to clubs with more than three teams, I've had to put them as an affliliated club with cannot play in the same division ticked. Promotion works fine with reserve teams, if clubs have a team in the higher league, they can't get promoted and it goes to the next best team available. Relegation on the other hand is the problem with them, as if they've got a club in the lower division, they get relegated too when it shouldn't.

sent you the link!

so basicly if you set the reserve team as Reserve team we got the error. But if you set the reserve team as second team it works? I didnt try that yet! If that works then thats how the reserves will be added for now!

Make the reserve (or third) team in the reserve teams section on the main club screen.

If a reserve (or third) team finishes in the promotion places and they've got a club in the higher division, they don't get promoted, it passes onto the next team. That works fine.

What follows doesn't work.

If a reserve (or third) team gets relegated, and they have a team in the league below, that team also get "relegated" (to the league below) for some obsecure reason. But, if the team has a third team at least two leagues below and providing that team doesn't finish in the promotion spots, they can get relegated because their third team isn't in the league they get relegated to.

Hope that makes sense to you, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for the link :)

Finally got the Evo-stik Northern Branch down to level 14 finished. Going to start tomorrow with the Evo-stik southern branch. Here's the database changes so far.

evostiknorthernbranchfinishedlevel14.jpg

Amazing work mate

Don't wish to distract you of course, but could we perhaps have some screenshots of the leagues you've done, and a summary of which leagues you've added at which levels?

Cheers

Amazing work mate

Don't wish to distract you of course, but could we perhaps have some screenshots of the leagues you've done, and a summary of which leagues you've added at which levels?

Cheers

I am planning to do this wednesday as that is when I begin my 5 days off...:) Ill up some screenies then..!

I am planning to do this wednesday as that is when I begin my 5 days off...:) Ill up some screenies then..!

Sounds good fella. I intend to create my own team at Level 14 when this is released, and maybe have them in Level 13 if I'm lucky by the time FM13 comes out :D

Got some more divisions added today but still have 180 divisions to go till level 14 is completed. Then the county cups have to be added and the youth/reserve competitions.

I do have something to think about regarding county cups though. I can either make the county cups team specific like everyone else has been doing in the prior versions of the lower league databases, or I can (try) to make it league specific for example to link specific leagues to specific county cup competitions.

There are advantages and disadvantages in both setups.

Team specific county cup main disadvantage. You start in a specific county Amateur/intermediate cup and stay there even if you make it all the way to the top. If you make it league specific then when you climb the levels to the top you will shift from amateur intermediate county cup to senior county cup etc.

what do you all think about this?

Got some more divisions added today but still have 180 divisions to go till level 14 is completed. Then the county cups have to be added and the youth/reserve competitions.

I do have something to think about regarding county cups though. I can either make the county cups team specific like everyone else has been doing in the prior versions of the lower league databases, or I can (try) to make it league specific for example to link specific leagues to specific county cup competitions.

There are advantages and disadvantages in both setups.

Team specific county cup main disadvantage. You start in a specific county Amateur/intermediate cup and stay there even if you make it all the way to the top. If you make it league specific then when you climb the levels to the top you will shift from amateur intermediate county cup to senior county cup etc.

what do you all think about this?

Definitely team specific

There is unlikely to be enough movement of AI teams for it to cause a problem, and if it happens to a human controlled club, you can just play the reserves if necessary.

Plus, if you add league specific County cups, there is going to be a whole host of teams in the wrong county cup! Which sort of defeats the object of a county cup in the first place!

In uncle ron's file last year, that was my one major annoyance, the fact that my team stayed in 2 different county cups even when I was in the championship, it lead to fixture congestions and the board expecting me to win it when I had other priorities and had to play youth's and under 18's.

The league version sounds good allbeit unrealistic, as it mirrors real life better.

this is amazing, eveyrday i check the forums to see how your getting on....very excited this is the big challenge for FM 12 this year, take a tier 14 team to the champions league! are you still looking at a release date of xmas eve?

keep up the good work mate!

Archived