FM2012 English Pyramid level 14 with revamped youth system (in progress)

Golden eagles

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt it'd be very slow, you're only loading 14 leagues at the end of the day, you won't have to process every single result from every single division. See what it's like when you load the top leagues from 14 countries.

Sorry but this is untrue! We'll be loading 14 levels, not 14 leagues. Going off this site http://www.thepyramid.info/stats/stats.htm#lpl there will be 283 leagues in the English Pyramid with this file.

Sorry but this is untrue! We'll be loading 14 levels, not 14 leagues. Going off this site http://www.thepyramid.info/stats/stats.htm#lpl there will be 283 leagues in the English Pyramid with this file.
Yeah, 14 main leagues with many sub-divisions. You won't see results from every single division when the database is running. That's last season's pyramid, there's a better one on Wikipedia.

I doubt it'd be very slow, you're only loading 14 leagues at the end of the day, you won't have to process every single result from every single division. See what it's like when you load the top leagues from 14 countries.

It will be fairly slow, to be fair.

It will be fairly slow, to be fair.
Only time I've noticed it being slow is when you're first loading the database. If you remove all your news subscriptions (but keep it to your team/league) and set the detail level to none (so you don't get European/international fixtures), it can go quicker.

Only time I've noticed it being slow is when you're first loading the database. If you remove all your news subscriptions (but keep it to your team/league) and set the detail level to none (so you don't get European/international fixtures), it can go quicker.

Fair point, I've never done that. Will probably have to give it a try on this one, as it's going to be so much going on at once!

If I remember right, Golden Eagles has said the database will be complete down to level 10 and then only the path down to certain leagues to level 14. Was it Gloucestershire League?

The Database will be complete with all leagues down to level 14. Not certain paths!

Did you get my PM I sent you a couple of days ago?

Its going to be cracking, well done. Just a quick question, Can we start as reserve/A sides and are they connected with the main club or a different club in the db?

They should be connected with the first team thus making them unmanageable. Plus, you wouldn't be able to take them very far compared to the first team. I think you'll be able to manage them through the "take control of reserve team" bit though, just not at the start.

Got all the cities entered in the database now. All 1465 of them....shew.....now I have to enter the 387 stadiums and teams which then have to be placed in the 51 divisions that are left before finishing the league part of the database.

Now I finished the cities I really start to get excited as the database is nearing its completion....It is going slower then I anticipated though so it might be a little longer then I would like.

Working both new years eve and new years day but will be off monday thru wednesday so that definately should help.

Its hard pulling this off working 40+ hours/week, and dividing my time between my wife, kids and this database...

Got all the cities entered in the database now. All 1465 of them....shew.....now I have to enter the 387 stadiums and teams which then have to be placed in the 51 divisions that are left before finishing the league part of the database.

Now I finished the cities I really start to get excited as the database is nearing its completion....It is going slower then I anticipated though so it might be a little longer then I would like. working both new years eve and new years day but will be off monday thru wednesday so that definately should help. Its hard pulling this off working 40+ hours/week, and dividing my time between my wife, kids and this database...

Thanks for all your hard work!

Quick Update: Got all 2600 stadiums Finished. Have to add the last 400-ish teams and the 51 leagues. Almost there guys...

Good! Go on like that, but calmly and serene...take your time and all will be fine!

Football Manager is already a degree killer, this file would be overkill to the degree

Totally agree, I have no idea how i'm managing to pass this year with the amount of databases that I've been running. This one will definitely be the turning point between me getting a B and passing with a D..

Working on the last teams now to enter the Database got 338 to go. Am expected to be done with that part either today or tomorrow morning. Once that is completed it should go fast as that was all the data-entry needed for this database.

Setting up the remaining 51 leagues and the cups should go fairly quick after that as it just will be a matter of assigning the teams and setting the boundaries.

One of my local sides, Bourne Town, Peterborough North South, or if it reaches lower, Deeping Rangers or Langtoft United!

Haha, I thought i was being stupid then, when i read that and thought, i never heard of P'boro North South then relised you must have meant P'boro Northern star. I'd usually start on lower db's with Deeping but as this goes alot lower i mite give either Langtoft or P'boro Rovers a go!

OOps sorry :) level 15 ? ok no problem. A team of the littlest Sussex league :)

It's okay. You've got 3 leagues to choose from in Sussex, just press random team on your manager screen, you're more likely to get a non-league club rather than a league club.

Archived