[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i´ve just finished my first season using tactic v0.4 (old v0.4 that no longer exists in the OP).

i chose celta de vigo because it´s my favourite team and we all miss in vigo the good old times when playing in europe with makelele, mostovoi or valeri karpin.

celta_tabla_liga.jpg

my team is decent. its particular strenght is orellana (on loan), i use him as AML (cutting inside). my striker is good for the second division (15 finishing, 14 pace, 16 acceleration) and my two centerbacks are pretty fast (18 and 14 pace) which helped me a lot to be the best defensive team in the league. apart from that, nothing spectacular. my AMC is 16 passing and 14 creativity, my DMC is the typical defensive minded and the MC is more defensive oriented (pay attention to mental stats such as positioning, anticipation, teamwork and workrate) but his 14 passing/creativity didn´t hurt and he managed to assist 9 times (and also score 8 goals, mostly long shots - he´s 8 in finishing and long shots). my fullbacks are very balanced, they can defend and also cross and pass (having between 12 and 14 in the important attributes you can figure out), nothing world class but they do the job. my AMR is a 13 in every needed attribute but being left footed who plays naturally on the right side has helped me a lot. as for my keeper, he´s decent: 16 reflexes, 14 aerial ability, 13 handling, 15 one on ones and 11 positioning.

celta_equipo.jpg

apart from the amazing year in the second division we managed to win the spanish cup, beating sporting de gijón, getafe, real madrid, real sociedad and fc barcelona, all from the first division, which can be considered as one of the most important achievements in my whole life as a fm player.

celta_copa.jpg

notes:

-changed to "pass to flanks" in december (because i started to play worse) and finish the season playing that way, amazing results as you can see.

-signed a new goalkeeper in january and started playing him inmediatly. i think he needed to adapt so i´m sure the team should have been more stable in the back if i went on playing the initial keeper.

-i wonder how good is 0.4b. but i´m not gonna switch the tactic you can figure out why. i´m signing youngsters and backup players for the next year in the first division to test this tactic in the roughest conditions. will post my results.

-thanks for your tactic, fuss. it´s an awesome job.

i´ve just finished my first season using tactic v0.4 (old v0.4 that no longer exists in the OP).

i chose celta de vigo because it´s my favourite team and we all miss in vigo the good old times when playing in europe with makelele, mostovoi or valeri karpin.

celta_tabla_liga.jpg

my team is decent. its particular strenght is orellana (on loan), i use him as AML (cutting inside). my striker is good for the second division (15 finishing, 14 pace, 16 acceleration) and my two centerbacks are pretty fast (18 and 14 pace) which helped me a lot to be the best defensive team in the league. apart from that, nothing spectacular. my AMC is 16 passing and 14 creativity, my DMC is the typical defensive minded and the MC is more defensive oriented (pay attention to mental stats such as positioning, anticipation, teamwork and workrate) but his 14 passing/creativity didn´t hurt and he managed to assist 9 times (and also score 8 goals, mostly long shots - he´s 8 in finishing and long shots). my fullbacks are very balanced, they can defend and also cross and pass (having between 12 and 14 in the important attributes you can figure out), nothing world class but they do the job. my AMR is a 13 in every needed attribute but being left footed who plays naturally on the right side has helped me a lot. as for my keeper, he´s decent: 16 reflexes, 14 aerial ability, 13 handling, 15 one on ones and 11 positioning.

celta_equipo.jpg

apart from the amazing year in the second division we managed to win the spanish cup, beating sporting de gijón, getafe, real madrid, real sociedad and fc barcelona, all from the first division, which can be considered as one of the most important achievements in my whole life as a fm player.

celta_copa.jpg

notes:

-changed to "pass to flanks" in december (because i started to play worse) and finish the season playing that way, amazing results as you can see.

-signed a new goalkeeper in january and started playing him inmediatly. i think he needed to adapt so i´m sure the team should have been more stable in the back if i went on playing the initial keeper.

-i wonder how good is 0.4b. but i´m not gonna switch the tactic you can figure out why. i´m signing youngsters and backup players for the next year in the first division to test this tactic in the roughest conditions. will post my results.

-thanks for your tactic, fuss. it´s an awesome job.

Great results - I'd appreciate if you could try running a second save of your current game and give 4B a little go as I'd be interested in feedback! Not to worry if it's too much hassle though!

i´ll try 4B, fuss, but i need to know something. opposite feet on wingers? as they aren´t suposed to cut inside in the player instructions i´m not sure of that. by the way, in the two matches i tried with 4B (i know they are JUST TWO MATCHES) my team seemed very weak in terms of rivals crossing balls to the area, have you noticed that?

i´ll try 4B, fuss, but i need to know something. opposite feet on wingers? as they aren´t suposed to cut inside in the player instructions i´m not sure of that. by the way, in the two matches i tried with 4B (i know they are JUST TWO MATCHES) my team seemed very weak in terms of rivals crossing balls to the area, have you noticed that?

The defence is the same so there shouldn't be any difference from 0.4 in that regard, could just be co-incidence, but I'll have a look if I actually changed anything.

probably need to strike a balance between 0.4 and 0.4B at some point, but I'm working on a 4-4-2 now instead!

I've re-tested 0.4B over and over and over, and it's still by far the best tactic I can find on this forum - I can't see an obvious was to improve it.

the 442 is slow, solid and dominating - it's not a counter attacking tactic like Coterminosity. When it's done I'll start a completely new thread, happy with everything but the striker settings right now...(it works well as a 4-4-1-1 though...but I'll get it to 4-4-2 yet!)

I've re-tested 0.4B over and over and over, and it's still by far the best tactic I can find on this forum - I can't see an obvious was to improve it.

the 442 is slow, solid and dominating - it's not a counter attacking tactic like Coterminosity. When it's done I'll start a completely new thread, happy with everything but the striker settings right now...I'm missing my AMC!

I say too it work whit some teams whit some teams it dosent work i love more 4-4-2

What about a 4-4-2 Diamond?

M.E. dosn't like them much, you tend to just lose the middle of the park, I'm playing with some shiney new ideas and seeing if I hit upon something.

But there's usually a patch in Jan, which will probably alter a lot. I honestly can't see them leaving the defence like it is - it simply doesn't work well enough, players dont track well enough and dont mark well enough. The most simple rule of defending is to stay goal-side of your man....this game doesn't do that, you;ll see players marking tightly, but doing it from all sorts of odd angles, needs fixing in my book.

In summary, any more major releases from me will wait until next year and the new patch.

442 flat in TC mode would be brilliant Fuss!! :)

TC mode is just a limited version of Classic mode, the only advantage is that it's more user friendly to new players - so there's only disadvantages and less control for me.

FuSS currently using your 0.4B tactic with my Arsenal team, I unticked counter attack as my team is more than strong enough and it seems to be working wonders the occasion little thing that annoys me popping up but nothing to worry about. So enjoy the couple of month break and bravo on this tactic has made my life a little easier.

have anybody try using fuss tactic without playmaker??

I have, but not sure I count :p

It can be setup almost the same without a playmaker, it will still work, but it loses it's edge, so there's really no point. Basically if you really hate using a playmaker, then un-tick it - but there is no advantage to doing so and the tactic will not be quite as good. Frankly I think if you add a playmaker to most tactic it will actually improve them in FM12.

Remember that not everything goes to the play-maker, the team will just look to him to create something when they're a bit stuck.

Most real life teams use a playmaker:

-Barce use Xavi.

-Man Utd use Rooney largely as a playmaker these days, but used to use Ronaldo and before that Scholes.

-Chelsea bought Deco a couple of seasons ago specifically to use as a playmaker, they struggled this season, until they released Mata into a free playmaker role as they've done in the last few games, and he's added some creativity to the team as a playmaker does.

-Man City use Silva.

-Liverpool use Adam (used to use the much under appreciated Xabi Alonso, whom in my opinion they've never recovered from selling), so on and so forth.

If you watch the games in full, your team don't only use the playmaker for everything, they just look to him at certain times - when you're having a lot of possession but can't break through, the playmaker provide a bit of spark and creativity. When you win the ball from the opposition, the playmaker will often be the person to make a run into space to start an attack and change tempo.

The bottom line is you don't need a PM, but most teams have one in some form, and they're worth having. It's basically recognising a player as creative, somebody that can read the game well and make a decent spur of the moment decision about how to go forward.

If you watch the games in full, your team don't only use the playmaker for everything, they just look to him at certain times - when you're having a lot of possession but can't break through, the playmaker provide a bit of spark and creativity. When you win the ball from the opposition, the playmaker will often be the person to make a run into space to start an attack and change tempo.

The bottom line is you don't need a PM, but most teams have one in some form, and they're worth having. It's basically recognising a player as creative, somebody that can read the game well and make a decent spur of the moment decision about how to go forward.

Good answer Fuss. And what about the target man? Have you made tests with target man ticked (not necessarily with this tactic)? For example, if you have two strikers with the same settings, and set one of them as a target man, will he receive many more balls than the other?

Good answer Fuss. And what about the target man? Have you made tests with target man ticked (not necessarily with this tactic)? For example, if you have two strikers with the same settings, and set one of them as a target man, will he receive many more balls than the other?

Target man set to 'run onto ball' is devastatingly good in FM12 ;)

why then you dont use target man as ST set to run into ball ?

Perhaps I do...

People aren't keen on setting up a playmaker, they definitely don't want to setup a playmaker and a target-man, plus it's quite a new thing I'm only just looking at...maybe after the patch.

Perhaps I do...

People aren't keen on setting up a playmaker, they definitely don't want to setup a playmaker and a target-man, plus it's quite a new thing I'm only just looking at...maybe after the patch.

Mate, I definitely would. Does that also mean you will be supporting this tactic after patch releases? :)

So you recommend using the TM setting yeah? I would even be up for some suggestions of tweaks in game if you use some. I wish I could create tactics as good as yours! If I could I would but the fact is that I'm not good at creating tactics. I'm better at the other important sides of the game, i.e man management etc. You can PM me some suggestions if you don't feel like posting them in here if you wanted ;)

Anyway, (yes I'm a slow starter, sorting out my squads, staff etc.) I played my 1st competitive game of the season with Utd vs Sunderland @ OT and the result was 7-1 so early signs are good and the tactic isn't even fluid yet. I also lost my main playmaker (Rooney) before that game for 2 months to injury.

I had great results in pre season too beating Villarreal 5-0 playing with 10 men with Vidic sent off in the first 2 minutes. Even though he isn't the fastest, Vidic got the highest rating out of my back 4 against Sunderland so I would say slower CB's are ok if they are World Class. Unfortunately we did lose against the noisy neighbours in the CS but I was playing a recently returned to training Fletcher who needed match fitness and he was playing at DM where I was retraining him to but he was only competent there when we played City and another recently returned to training Carrick who again, needed match fitness. Carrick was a stop gap for that game really and he is now out on loan and hopefully gone forever (£4m agreed price). I should point out that Rooney at the time was also only Competent at his new position, AMC. I wasn't disappointed in losing to City and it wasn't this tactics' fault really, it was because I treated the CS like a friendly, (which basically all it is imo). I did have trouble containing Aguero who scored both goals (1-2) so at HT I set OI on him to Tight Mark 'Always' and in the 2nd half he didn't have a sniff.

I look forward to the rest of the season and will update after about 15 league games.

I've been using this tactic for about 25 matches now... won all 25...

I found this to be as good as my tactic...

What I need to ask is... I'm hearing a lot about target man... are we supposed to use TM?

I am using V4.0b

One thing I don't quite like is that the AMC playmaker does not score much... I was used on having the 4 upfront banging in goals ( my tactic is a 4-2-2-2 )...

I've been using this tactic for about 25 matches now... won all 25...

I found this to be as good as my tactic...

What I need to ask is... I'm hearing a lot about target man... are we supposed to use TM?

I am using V4.0b

One thing I don't quite like is that the AMC playmaker does not score much... I was used on having the 4 upfront banging in goals ( my tactic is a 4-2-2-2 )...

TM is just an idea I'm toying with, dont worry at this stage.

If you're a decent team crank his long-shots up to normal instead of rarely..the amc will then score a lot more...also make sure he's set a playmaker.

Really peed off - just accidentally saved over my Norwich save and I don't have another!

So there goes my best ever record breaking side, really annoyed.

I doubt there's anyway to roll a save file back to an earlier version?

Really peed off - just accidentally saved over my Norwich save and I don't have another!

So there goes my best ever record breaking side, really annoyed.

I doubt there's anyway to roll a save file back to an earlier version?

This is why I do daily data backups as well as monthly volume backups - and yes, I learned this the hard way too.

Fuss, with really big teams, would you:

a) Use v0.3 skyrim;

b) Use V0.4b;

c) Use v0.4b with DMC pushed up to MCL?

I ask you this because v0.4 don't seem to be performing as well as Skyrim was in my Real Madrid save...

v0.4b with counter-attacking unticked.

This is why I do daily data backups as well as monthly volume backups - and yes, I learned this the hard way too.

Yup, luckily I would have restarted with the patch anyway + it's now given me an incentive to try the challenge of taking a bottom league team to the prem as quick as possible.

FuSS you check tacktick i send to you ?

Not yet, I'll look tomorrow most likely.

FuSS did you get my PM mate?

awesome tactic but just want to make the most of it ;)

Er, I couldn't say, I skim my pm's as there's understandably a lot of them!

Also, i keep getting a few conceded goals that i could do without :p averaging 2 a game... And most of these are through been hit by 'counter attack'.

Anyone know what i can do to cut these out?

I am using tactic 0.4B

Few defensive ideas to try:

-Counter attack off

-fullback crosses to rarely

-fullback through balls to rarely

-Reduce mentality of full-backs to 7

-Reduce mentality of centre-backs to 6

These have worked in some tests, but you will lose some attacking power, give it a go and let me know. I may release a defensive-tweaked version next week.

ant used your tactic's yet but just downloaded v0.4b what would happen if i ticked target man? and picked my striker???

It hasn't been designed for a target-man, try it without first & then if you want to tweak it, feel free, its your team :)

Few defensive ideas to try:

-Counter attack off

-fullback crosses to rarely

-fullback through balls to rarely

-Reduce mentality of full-backs to 7

-Reduce mentality of centre-backs to 6

These have worked in some tests, but you will lose some attacking power, give it a go and let me know. I may release a defensive-tweaked version next week.

The first time i used this change was the bolton match which i lost

Anyone struggling like i was with teams counter attacking me, i advise highly to just untick counter attack.. Dont expect immediate results but i have done this and i am currently on a 6 game win streak.

1.png

Oh i didnt get swansea relagated btw i just took over when they got relegated to try and get them straight back into the big league :)

Quick update with the defensive play.... Signed a couple of decent prospects in the mid season transfers, Should see me well in the premiership...

But did someone call for a demolition job?

2.png

I was 3-0 up at half time thought i would do the few defensive tweaks recommended by fuss and i didnt notice a difference to attack the noticeable difference i did spot was how little crewe actually broke down my play in the second half, despite them having more possession, they hardly had any shots.

Great work FuSS.

I can highly recommend to people that struggle with conceding in the 2nd half to make these defensive changes at half time and then watch the opposition try and get through ;)

Thanks again FuSS

Hi i've been using your tactic for my Rangers save and its working really well. One thing that is annoying me is that i can't issue sideline instructions for some reason, is this deliberate and is there something in the setup i can untick to be able to do it? I can't see anything obvious, thanks!

Hi i've been using your tactic for my Rangers save and its working really well. One thing that is annoying me is that i can't issue sideline instructions for some reason, is this deliberate and is there something in the setup i can untick to be able to do it? I can't see anything obvious, thanks!

sideline instructions cant be used with this tactic as its in classic format

Archived