[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

Merry Christmas all and good luck with your holiday gaming, I'm off to visit family for a few days.

Thanks,

FuSS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL VERSIONS:

MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.4B:

http://www.mediafire.com/?29kw4rjuel3ash0

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21064644/MiNiMaL_FuSS+Coterminosity+V0.4.B+%28Wolves%2C+Oct+2011%29.tac

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTEABLE TWEAKED VERSIONS:

Marcelo's Tweak (see post 691)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3j6uuzv0mwvv38u

PREVIOUS VERSIONS:

MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL: (defensive version with a DMC)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cyht09cj396ozy

MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM: (more pressing version with two CM's)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jluut9dfafc4nph

MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ecvevrq7kgzupyx

V0.4 GUIDE:

• FC - Complete Forward/Poacher: Obviously a very important position when you only have one upfront, look for lots of physical stats, particularly acceleration & speed.

• AMC - Playermaker: A creative force through which your tactics will flow, look for creativity, flair, passing & technique.

• AML/R - Inside Forwards: New for this version, both wide men will now cut-in and look to make through balls, crosses are gone. So look for pace, acceleration & dribbling; bonuses would be passing and finishing (Sturridge and Walcott type players should be excellent here).

• CMR - Support: This is your all rounder, he'll spend most of his time in the middle of the park and join the attack and defence. Look for an all rounder here and a typical CM (think Scott Parker as an example).

• DMC - Defensive: This is your Defensive Midfielder, look for work rate, aggression, stamina, tackling and marking here, typical DM's will do well.

• DL/R - Defend: These have been given more defensive instructions, although will still go forward to help setup attacks. Looks for defensive stats first, then physcial, then crossing/dribbling/passing.

• CB's - Defend: Typical centre-backs there to defend the goalkeeper. FM12 strongly favours physical and fast centre-backs, the likes of John Terry sadly don't cut it any more.

• GK - The usual: Handling, reflexes, command of area - one-on-ones is particularly important as this tactic uses a high defensive line so the occasional fast player may get through.

NOTES - TIP:

• A few people have reported having trouble around December time as the AI adjusts to their team. I've found that if this occurs simply switching the passing focus from 'flanks' to 'through the middle' helps a fair bit and can trick the AI.

NOTES - PLAYMAKER:

• Playmaker - this tactic uses the AMC as a Playmaker (don't forget to set it). The playmaker is the core of this tactic - if he isn't performing then don't hesitate to sub him for somebody else! If he has an off-day it will affect the entire match!

NOTES - TEAM TALK:

• Simple but effective guide here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85963-teamtalks.html

NOTES - OI's:

• I personally only use them in very rare and exceptional circumstances, they can be handy against a top AMC in an unusual formation such as how Man City often deploy Augero. With a strong team you shouldn't need them at all.

NOTES - MATCH PREP:

• FIRST, set as 'Very High' and use 'Defensive Positioning' until your team is familiar with the tactic.

• WHEN FAMILIAR, set to 'Medium' and continue to use 'Defensive Positioning'.

FuSS Says:

As always, I strongly advise taking some time to read the thread. It's an entertaining read, it contains some great tips throughout, and there's some truly amazing results posted up from loads of different users.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuss and Mr Hough's tactics released at the same time..... going to be an interesting forum for a while now ;)

Steve

Should be in the next couple of hours, just trying to sort my set-pieces out, which my last tactic was notoriously awful at! I never quite get round to them.

Yeaaah... I will start a new game in the championship using this tactic. Have been using your tactics since the first release in fm07.

Very good of you to join just to post that, much appreciate the support - stay and enjoy the forum.

Right all, I'll release tomorrow night after I've had a good run of games without a play-maker, don't have time right now as the 'secret millionaire' is in my home town (and I manage a charity so it's of extra interest to me).

Will be out tonight, just want to finish up my current season - I've already edited everything in the first post to reflect the tactic as it currently is - so you'll notice not only a Playmaker but also a Target Man, madness!!

Norwich should win the league with the above team which cost a little over 10m, which isn't a bad achievement :) Squad depth is a problem though, Wilfried has gone out injured and we're now reliant on a 19 year old mexican kid upfront!

EDIT: December 31st, lost out first game of the season away to Man City 1-0, we missed 2 penalties. I have to remind myself there's nothing wrong with the tactic, we are Norwich City after all! Bad luck sometimes plays a role, be interesting to see how it affects the next few games though.

Is that Norwich in the 2nd season?

Looking forward to it! :-)

Yes it is. After the loss we drew with Chelsea and drew with Liverpool....then I called a team meeting....then we beat Man Utd 3-1, there's a lot more to this game than tactics! (tough fixture list that was...)

I'll be giving it another last run with spurs, but already won absolutely everything with Spurs, so I prefer to test with Norwich.

Looking forward to it :thup:

Will ask the usual questions ahead of time.

Any OIs?

What pitch size do you use?

-Don't use OI's (although I'll consider it for a very good goal scoring opposition AMC)

-I've only tried this with standard size, so couldn't comment. My usual advice is that top teams use max, mid standard, weak small.

If the problem is a DMC man-marking the AMC playmaker out of the game, I'd try switching the playmaker to the MC for that game

Yup, I've even moved him to a second striker position in certain cases. There's always tweaks you can make it tough games. For example I tend to drop the LMC back to LDM when Norwich are getting a little overwhelmed at the back.

Long story short: as always there's different tweaks for different situations and that's up to you!

FuSS Iv'e started a save with PSV and I went through all my friendlies and 1 league match (agianst Ajax!) using the 'Ordinary Tactic', which is on these forums, and come Sunday evening I hear your bringing out a new 4-2-3-1! My favourate formation! So anyway I'm not resuming the the save until you realease your tactic.

So I just have a few questions.

1) You talk about changing the shape when you are getting overwhelmed, and that is something I really won't want to do, therefore how often did you find your team being overwhelmed and why? Greater Class?

2) The AML and AMR have different roles but deos it entirally matter what type of players they are? As I have Tshabalala and WIjnaldum as my starters with a young Labyad as my only real back-up. Now I now you recommend Tshabalala as an Inside Forward, but what if he becomes injured? Could I play a young winger, who posseesed all the right Winger attributes?

A bit silly questions, but I just want to fully understand :D

FuSS Iv'e started a save with PSV and I went through all my friendlies and 1 league match (agianst Ajax!) using the 'Ordinary Tactic', which is on these forums, and come Sunday evening I hear your bringing out a new 4-2-3-1! My favourate formation! So anyway I'm not resuming the the save until you realease your tactic.

So I just have a few questions.

1) You talk about changing the shape when you are getting overwhelmed, and that is something I really won't want to do, therefore how often did you find your team being overwhelmed and why? Greater Class?

2) The AML and AMR have different roles but deos it entirally matter what type of players they are? As I have Tshabalala and WIjnaldum as my starters with a young Labyad as my only real back-up. Now I now you recommend Tshabalala as an Inside Forward, but what if he becomes injured? Could I play a young winger, who posseesed all the right Winger attributes?

A bit silly questions, but I just want to fully understand :D

1 - This when your outclassed as a team (not a problem PSV will have in the league), I use it occasionally for Norwich against the likes of Chelsea for example...but even then it's only something I'll do at half time if I feel Lampard or Mata is getting in between the midfield and the defence. It's a fairly normal thing to do with nay tactic in that situation.

2 - My recommendations are just super cheap options that will do the job, they are by no means the best!! They AML is an inside forward, he'll look to cut in and get on the end of crossed from the AMR, so you're after a decent wide man that can cut in and finish....think of how Anelka or Sturridge play for Chelsea in Real Life. The AMR is a tradition winger, Lennon is fantastic here for example, you want speed, dribbling and crossing...somebody to beat the full back and cross the ball.

FUSS, My main man...what match prep do you use. Just love the inter-plau between the striker and the AMC!!! High hopes for this one!!!

In FM12 there is no doubt that Match Prep levels are king - jack it up very high until they learn the tactic and then level it off at medium later on.

Am I right in guessing the LCB is the Stopper and the RCB is the Coverer?

Yes, but you're looking for the same kind of fast and physical CB for both - FM12 dosn't seem to like slow old boys (looking at your John Terry)

Do we assign PM and TM?

Just a PM as it says in the 'IMPORTANT' section of the first post :) I'm experimenting with a TM, we'll see in the next update.

Do you reckon you could realise another tactic but reversed? So that the AMR is an Inside Forward so that I can miss and match between the tactis, depending on what players I have avalible. As I have a few AMC would could play AMR for instance?

I suppose I could do it but would I have to reverse the MCs to get the same effect?

Thanks, however this seems to be a classic tactic, Fuss's original post indicates his tactic is not a classic one (he mentions complete forwards etc). Is this one you have tweaked or is Fuss's tactic a classic one? I don't like using classic tactics.

Fuss tactics are usually always classic tactics and so is this one. It's the same tactic as in the op.

I think he only said which player role a player should be able to fulfill to make it clear which attributes are needed.

Going to give this a run with my Rangers side. Have played one game so far (an away 3-1 victory over St Johnstone) and liked some of the play it produced. In fact my striker and AMC were linking up great and played about three one-twos before stroking it into the bottom corner.

Will report back on how it goes.

Yep it's a classic tactic, if you're going to make a serious tactic it has to be classic....the Tactic Creator is user friendly but it basically takes away a lot of the users control, great to start with, but once you know what you're doing and what you want to make the players do it really has no purpose.

Yep it's a classic tactic, if you're going to make a serious tactic it has to be classic....the Tactic Creator is user friendly but it basically takes away a lot of the users control, great to start with, but once you know what you're doing and what you want to make the players do it really has no purpose.

On top of that I always had the feeling that single striker formations worked somehow better in classic mode then in the modern version. Might be a deception but I really only got my single strikers scoring a fair amount of goals in classic tactics. It's also kind of strange that classic tactics and TC tactics somehow play differently even though you adjust everything manually to be exactly the same.

Is it just me having problems with this tactic? loaded it in and can't edit anything, can't right click the tactics on the right to edit anything nor can I set a PM and for some reason the tactic has a "c" icon when other ones don't.

What's the difference? played FM for years and never had a "classic" tactic and why would you get told to use a PM when you can't even set a PM because it's a "classic" tactic? and why would classic prevent you from changing stuff?

I'll try and answer everything as it comes:

Match preperation ?

Match Prep: jack it right up until your team get used to the tactic (no area of focus if you have only 1 or 2 transfers, team work if you have several transfer).

What's the difference? played FM for years and never had a "classic" tactic and why would you get told to use a PM when you can't even set a PM because it's a "classic" tactic? and why would classic prevent you from changing stuff?
Great achievement winning the league first season with Norwich, well done. :thup:

Thank you.

pitch size?

I haven't experimented with this, I tend to use the 'standard size'. But generally I believe top teams should use a big pitch to stretch weaker teams that might go defensive, and weaker teams should use a small pitch so they can't be easily stretched.

Just a thought....have you given up the idea of creating a tactic with 2 strikers?

The FM11 tactics and FM07 tactics were 4-4-2's, I'm a 4-4-2 nut and love the formation; but there's a lot of very strong AMC players (Ganso and co) in this version and I got A LOT of requests for a tactic with an AMC. I'd love to make a 4-4-2 but personally I think Mr Hough has that wrapped up already. My next tactic is likely to be something completely original, I'm currently playing with a 3-2-2-3....If I do make a new tactic with 2 strikers then I'll likely just make a tweak of Hough's tactic.

Archived