[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

just to let you know with this tactic, no adjustments, just match preparation i now have only 3 losses and a nice 88 goals in 29 games, those losses being to Barcelona by 1-0 in both matches and the other to Porto on the 1st game of the season. im Benfica. im loving it man

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I normally play a 4-1-2-2-1, but use this as a tactical changeup. I find that it is solid defensively, but can be vulnerable to good AMCs. In that circumstance I drop a MC to DMC and consider man-marking the AMC. If you are prepared to tweak the tactic game by game depending on who you are playing you can get it to be very solid defensively. Used as a plug and play however this remains a very reliable tactic that plays some very nice looking football.

If you are looking for alternative 4-2-3-1s, try Mou's. Its a tiny bit more solid and counter-attacking, but not quite effective in the final third in my experience.

Thank you, I've been banging on about dropping to DM in certain games, good to see somebody that has success doing so.

I'm afraid the days of being spoon-fed tactics are pretty much over, you need to change it a little to match your opponent each time :)

I'll try to post a couple screenshots from my second season at Liverpool:

1bb75ebf96986fa4b8951c89554ec7f191ddc62dd996bd5a01e67437a6e812d22g.jpg

2b0d76b58e75e7feb6f0d35e82f6f6c057dbd3b4943c7e8d74e6c9c8958818d32g.jpg

Started with this tactic in December and you can see the impressive run of form in the yellow box.

I usually start with the normal tactic, then move the MCL to DML and increase time wasting after a goal or if we need to get a better handle on the game. For match prep I use def set pieces.

Just a superb tactic in attack and defence.

Thanks, nice results there, long may it continue.

just to let you know with this tactic, no adjustments, just match preparation i now have only 3 losses and a nice 88 goals in 29 games, those losses being to Barcelona by 1-0 in both matches and the other to Porto on the 1st game of the season. im Benfica. im loving it man

Good to know - I must say that Porto have an amazing team in FM12, lots of really physical players, which as we know tend to be a little over power in this match engine. Glad you're doing well.

See you ask for some people to say how they're doing and you hear good things :) I'll probably release 0.2 tomorrow, has some very minor tweaks, really shouldn't make too much difference.

what tweaks? what tweaks? tell tell!!!
Is it the same shape?

yes, although have dropped the CML to DML.

Other than that it's just some minor bits and pieces, slightly reduced mentality on the FB's, less long shots for the AMC and more freedom in passing for the AMC and a couple of other minor tweaks.

I was on a 4 match losing run, with Blackburn. So I decided to give it a go with Blackburn, and all I can say is wow. My team plays fantastic against everyone, I am aiming for europe, maybe the FA cup, since I got kicked out 4-2 by Newcastle. I had my revenge beating them back. Thanks Fuss. ;D

Trying to setup the tactic so the Winger is on the left and the Inside Forward is on the right. Is that all I have to change or would I have to switch the midfield as well or leave it as is. I'm using PSG and Nene is a natural winger on the left. Thanks for the help.

Let's not turn my thread into an argument please guys :)

If you switch the wingers you should be okay without changing anything else over - if you mearly drag the left winger out of position (say to FL) then move the right winger to his postion, and then move him from FL to RW both players will move their correct settings with them :) i.e. swap the 2 position markers over without dropping them directly on top of one another.

I had my tweaked version ready - but after a lot of testing decided I actually preferred the original! So I'm still working on it sorry!

I tried this tactic for a whole season with Man Utd, won a lot!! Like everything except for the Charity Shield :)

Really happy with your tactic!! But after this tremendous season there is a problem: I can hardly sign new players, all of the clubs ask way too many for their players. Do you guys know anything I can do about that?? Also, is it still possible in FM 2012 that your son can be in the team?

Thanks a bunch and cheers to you all :)

I hope it's allowed to name my kid FuSS ;)

haha nice.

Cant comment on the signing, but in real life unless a players wants to leave, is unsettled, or transfer listed....then a club isn't going to sell easy - get some top scouts in and they'll give you realistic estimates to player costs!

Yeah it's wierd. I can only set playmaker before match. If the match is already on the way I cannot drag player in playmaker box - it goes also for all set pieces. Anyone else experiencing same problems? Bug maybe?

yes i've experienced that too.

I noticed some of the other tactics uploaded here has more than one .tac-file to prevent the opposition from figuring out your tactic. One even has a "Fool CPU" tactic.

Isn't this a problem for you, Fuss?

Do you play with the same formation every single game?

Thanks in advance.

I drop the LCM to LDM or DMC for games where the opposition uses an AMC.

The game definitely does get harder around Dec - this isn't the AI figuring out your tactics however, this is half-season re-rank, as it has been in many versions of the game. The re-rank is when the game reassess your chances, changes your predicted outcomes for the season and raises your teams profile; hence a lot of teams will start treating you like their playing a 'better team'...ie they will consider their game plan against your more carefully and be tougher to break down and beat.

Now what I tend to do is adjust my tactic according to the difficulty I'm having. I'll tend to adjust the width and tempo to keep the tactic a little 'fresh' against opponents.

3 years in and I'm essentially still using the tactic from the first page only with a couple of team settings tweaked.....at the start of each season I go back to the original and see how teams perform against me.

For example: At the moment I'm playing wider, lower tempo and without a player-maker + a couple of very minor player tweaks, it;s essentially the same tactic, but it does help to make some slight alterations as you go.

With the latest tweaks (will test some more before releasing as an update)

nor6-RM3.jpg

Now, although we conceded 3 - two of those were set pieces and RM had only 1 CCC the entire game, as opposed to our 11!

Oh and Wilfried is still my main striker at 2.5m, so we aren't a super team!

hopefully I can cut out the silly concedes while keeping the attack.

Hi Fuss. I see you need play a playmaker, but I can't see how to select which player is my playmaker. You used to drag and drop the player into a list. Why can I not see that anywhere?

Probably because you need glasses? No just joking. It's a bit hidden this time. Look under "Set Pieces" tab in your tactic screen. The "Playmakers" and "Target Men" drop box are right there at the bottom.

first game 0 3 loss to derby as leeds.. i swear there isnt single tactic working for leeds on this forums.. one that worked.. stoped doing so after 20 games.. 3 games left and ill drop out of promotion games.. heck with that not like i will win any of that.. from " meh no contest , to OMG PLEASE DONT LEAK goals " this sadly didnt change anything.. even got couple better players in, considering leeds squad is strong anyway

lost second, won third, lost fourth... no go

I drop the LCM to LDM or DMC for games where the opposition uses an AMC.

The game definitely does get harder around Dec - this isn't the AI figuring out your tactics however, this is half-season re-rank, as it has been in many versions of the game. The re-rank is when the game reassess your chances, changes your predicted outcomes for the season and raises your teams profile; hence a lot of teams will start treating you like their playing a 'better team'...ie they will consider their game plan against your more carefully and be tougher to break down and beat.

Now what I tend to do is adjust my tactic according to the difficulty I'm having. I'll tend to adjust the width and tempo to keep the tactic a little 'fresh' against opponents.

3 years in and I'm essentially still using the tactic from the first page only with a couple of team settings tweaked.....at the start of each season I go back to the original and see how teams perform against me.

For example: At the moment I'm playing wider, lower tempo and without a player-maker + a couple of very minor player tweaks, it;s essentially the same tactic, but it does help to make some slight alterations as you go.

Cool. :)

I have not had any problems either, but I am only one season in, so I thought I might as well ask before i lost a lot of games.

I like the tactic a ton.

Was 3rd in Superligaen (best league in Denmark) and won the cup with SønderjyskE (media prediction 10).

Good job!

first game 0 3 loss to derby as leeds.. i swear there isnt single tactic working for leeds on this forums.. one that worked.. stoped doing so after 20 games.. 3 games left and ill drop out of promotion games.. heck with that not like i will win any of that.. from " meh no contest , to OMG PLEASE DONT LEAK goals " this sadly didnt change anything.. even got couple better players in, considering leeds squad is strong anyway

Did you consider maybe that it has nothing to do with the tactics...

new version has gone out to testers :)

EDIT: Some basic details for you -

I've been trying to create a version that dominates games more. I've been happy with the number of goals in the original, but often they are scored on the counter and not always as the result of being the better team overall. So I wanted most of the possession, most of the shots and nearly all of the shots on target all the time - not just winning.

So I've setup the tactic to be more defensively sound and to build from the back in a more patient way.

I'm still playing with exactly where I want the defensive line to sit, but other than this one issue I'm happy with everything else. It's gone out to my growing family of top testers (4 of ya now!) and hopefully over the next couple of days they'll feedback far more work than I could do alone (especially since BF3 is eating my time!).

What we're likely to see as the end result is a better tactic for better teams, it may be slightly worse for the underdog's out there...but to be honest people don't stay as poor teams for long, they buy bargins and get better players in all the time. Even a team that's rated as the underdog will probably have much better players halfway through the season.....hence a bit of a focus change to capable teams and domination.

It's essentially the same tactic, we've kept the formation and the play-maker. You need a very physical and fast striker up-top....but with the likes of Wilfried at 2.5m I dont see this being a problem (Sturridge is excellent in one of my tests and cost less than 1m for example).

Beginning of the first season, default squad, team not even used to tactic yet:

tot7-1arse.jpg

i won the league using this tactic with leeds in my 1st season,and didnt change a thing about it, then finished 6th in prem 2nd season,so it does work,just depends what players you sign,this helps.. get wilfried upfront for 2,5m

i won the league using this tactic with leeds in my 1st season,and didnt change a thing about it, then finished 6th in prem 2nd season,so it does work,just depends what players you sign,this helps.. get wilfried upfront for 2,5m

Cheers :)

Always nice to hear from happy campers!

brilliant result with spurs mate

Thanks

When available for download

When it's done

FuSS did you use opposition instructions ?

I dont use them 99% of the time' date=' the exception to the rule being is a brilliant player is causing havoc (Augero usually), then I'll use some OI's to contain him.

why do you have Adam Johnson as AMR winger when he's a left footed inside forward for AMR

Johnson is just an example of a player with high dribbling/crossing/pace/acceleration needed for the winger role, he's also pretty much two footed, so I use him on both sides quite regularly. Also at Norwich there's no better winger we could afford!

@ Fuss - after some advice from el magico, I'm going to use your tactic for my new game. I know the player types are explained in the OP but I was wondering if you have filters for them?

Cheers.

haha do you want him to play the game for you too :p

I don't do filters as it depends on getting the best you can afford for each team - filters are really only good for top teams that don't have to compromise.

Without looking at his stats I'd guess CB for chiellini, you need a fullback for the FB positions, somebody with a bit of crossing and dribling talent wouldn't go a miss.

I don't do filters as it depends on getting the best you can afford for each team - filters are really only good for top teams that don't have to compromise.

Without looking at his stats I'd guess CB for chiellini, you need a fullback for the FB positions, somebody with a bit of crossing and dribling talent wouldn't go a miss.

Thanks for the reply mate.

See, I am going a top side though (Man Utd) so was just wondering if I should look for anything different between the stopper and cover CB's?

Just scanned the 1st page and have now noticed the reply where you said fast and physical for both so basically the same?

Archived