[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one, will give this a go for sure when I get home from work, which seems like AN AGE away.

Been using the "Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep" with some success (Was sitting top of the SPL with Aberdeen, who I think have the worst squad in the world this version) but would like a few tactics to choose from, plus I like classic tactics :)

More screenies I say! I need to something to fill the void while I am at work!

This is a great plug and play tactic, I tend to use my own tactics which work well with better quality teams and I just couldn't get it working with less able teams.......just started a new Charlton career only added Billy Knott to the squad and Bradley Wright Phillips has been injured since pre-season

I use OI's and I tend to utilise passionate or assertive team talks...

After 4 league games I have won 4 scoring 11 and not conceded a single goal.....best result away to Wycombe 5-0

the only tweak I make is if I am winning by the odd goal with 20mins to go I tend to drop the more defensive CM into the DM role....

This is a great plug and play tactic, I tend to use my own tactics which work well with better quality teams and I just couldn't get it working with less able teams.......just started a new Charlton career only added Billy Knott to the squad and Bradley Wright Phillips has been injured since pre-season

I use OI's and I tend to utilise passionate or assertive team talks...

After 4 league games I have won 4 scoring 11 and not conceded a single goal.....best result away to Wycombe 5-0

the only tweak I make is if I am winning by the odd goal with 20mins to go I tend to drop the more defensive CM into the DM role....

I think this tactic being made around Norwich has really helped it be a solid all-rounder, if you're a top team there's several tweaks I could think of to make it more aggressive and fluid, but as you say it should be pretty good for just about anyone as it is.

Would love to know what OI's you use, as this is an area of the game I'm ashamed to admit I under use.

NOTE FROM FUSS: I've noticed a bit of controversy in a couple of new tactic threads about people using tactics without permission yarddy yardda.

You may use my tactic without permission, I made it for me and I enjoy it. If you can get some enjoyment out of it by basing you're own tactic upon it - then go for it! As always it's nice to be quoted in the tactic's first post, but you don't need my prior permission or anything like that.

That is all :).

I think this tactic being made around Norwich has really helped it be a solid all-rounder, if you're a top team there's several tweaks I could think of to make it more aggressive and fluid, but as you say it should be pretty good for just about anyone as it is.

Would love to know what OI's you use, as this is an area of the game I'm ashamed to admit I under use.

Regarding OI's..........Weaker foot on LB, RB, LW/M, RW/M, CM, DM, AM, ST.....closing down always on LW/M, RW/M, hard tackling on AMC....closing down works in the lower league...I would suggest stearing clear of it in the top tier leagues...as the quality and technical ability is a lot better.

not sure, lost in the cup at a lower league team, 2 draws followed then a 4-0 drubbing at home by Wolves...following your instructions to the letter too. strange.

Wolves are a bit of a boogie team for me, something about the way they play - as you cna see from my first season we smashed them once, but drew twice and only scrapped by them twice (yes we played them 5 times!). If you had two draws it's really important to turn the team moral around - did you call a team meeting and give them what for! I always do if form dips.

toughest part of this game is to stop draws leading to future defeats, change the squad and give them a massive kick up the backside else it will all start to slide. If you've had a loss you need to change things around and play very tight and carefully until you get a win, then open it up again....like Man U right now in real life.

Drop your CM's back to DM and see what other changes are suitable for your team, stay tight, consider using OI's and berate them for being useless over-paid gits.

That said I'm not here to spoon-feed people how to play he game - a tactic is a small part of success, the rest is down to your management!

an example of how I'm conceding goals in a game VS Rubin Kazan

[video=youtube;xjx_LJZ73g4]

So you're the yellow team and you conceded two that I could see, and scored seven! not sure that's a real complaint!

Both the conceded goals were the fault of the fullback not tracking back and closing down quickly enough, the solution here is to either give him some more support (drop the L-MC to L-DM), or to make the full-backs more defensive, or possibly to try setting them on man-marking, or you could invest in better full-backs, or you need to motivate your full-backs to perform better, or put more focus on their defence positioning & defensive training.

There's 100 answers to trying to cut out those wingers beating the full-back and getting in a picture perfect cross....but it will also reduce your attacking potential.

At some point we have to accept that sometime wingers will beat fullbacks in football, if it's happening too much, then alter some of the above, every team will be a little different.

Least you won!

PS: Cardozo is amazing as playmaker!

yellow, i know its only 2 goals on this game but every game i take goals... i draw at home vs Rubin 3-3 on the 1st match :\

like i said, great attacking but defense always seem to take goals the same way

my playmaker is Aimar and cardozo is my ST when Saviola is injured, like in this game, as for FB's i got Capdevilla on the left and Vrsaljko on the right

Looks promising. Great pre season with newcastle, started the leauge with 3 losses. Then 2 victorys over mufc and lfc, seems to struggle against team that play 4-5-1/4-1-2-2-1 as u mention in OP! I`m toon in the 3 season.

Standard formation is brilliant against 442, i tend to drop the mcl to dml for more 'central' formation.

Just started to use this with Sunderland after my other tactics, although great in possession, never got me many goals and A LOT of draws! Awesome first result vs Stoke, I won 1-6, my new CB got a hat trick and two other new players also scored! Dropping a CM to DM seemed to work wonders! I was only 1 - 0 up at half time too!

Fuss, my man. Where do you set the AMC as a playmaker?

The tactic here is not an authentic Fm2012 one so I don't see where to fix it...

On the tactics screen, click Set Peices and you can drag your playmaker down to the relevant box in the bottom right.

One of the tactics I've downloaded for my Newcastle save, and to be frank, it's by far the most effective for the squad I've assembled. Cabaye as the AMC and playmaker will get the "Bossing the midfield" rating just about every time, and I managed to snag Siem De Jong to partner Tiote in centre midfield. 19 games unbeaten in the league, with wins over United and Liverpool using your work.

My thanks.

Have not managed to get a consistent performance from the AMR, but probably because Obertan isn't fantastic, and the only other option I have is a loaned Daniel Sturridge, who isn't a right winger per se.

Just started to use this with Sunderland after my other tactics, although great in possession, never got me many goals and A LOT of draws! Awesome first result vs Stoke, I won 1-6, my new CB got a hat trick and two other new players also scored! Dropping a CM to DM seemed to work wonders! I was only 1 - 0 up at half time too!

I'm probably going to re-release with it dropped to DM and a couple of other tweaks at the wknd.

On the tactics screen, click Set Peices and you can drag your playmaker down to the relevant box in the bottom right.

Thanks for helping out :)

One of the tactics I've downloaded for my Newcastle save, and to be frank, it's by far the most effective for the squad I've assembled. Cabaye as the AMC and playmaker will get the "Bossing the midfield" rating just about every time, and I managed to snag Siem De Jong to partner Tiote in centre midfield. 19 games unbeaten in the league, with wins over United and Liverpool using your work.

My thanks.

Have not managed to get a consistent performance from the AMR, but probably because Obertan isn't fantastic, and the only other option I have is a loaned Daniel Sturridge, who isn't a right winger per se.

Try dropping the AMR back to MR, he'll get more involved in the game.

A good little tip by Tactic Master was to use match prep focus. While I never really felt it was necessary to use anything else but teamwork in FM11 it seams like it's now more important to use the right match prep focus in FM12.

I usually do it like this:

Once your fairly familiar with your tactic change the focus to "Teamwork". Everytime you reach the pre-match press conference one day before the game I change my match prep according to this rule of thumb.

When I have been struggling to keep a tight defense during the last games and/or when I'm up against a stronger opponent I use "Defensive Positiong".

If I tend to concede from corners and/or play an opponent approximately my strength I will use "Defend Set Pieces".

If I struggle with scoring and/or play a weaker opponent where I know they will be very defensive I usually use "Attacking Movement".

If someone finds a good time to use "Attacking Set Pieces" let me know so far I considered using it against equally strong opponents to maybe get the edge in those games but so far I was more occupied with not conceding from corners.

So as I said if you struggle with attack or defense or set pieces try the match prep focus it seams to help in these departments more then it did in FM11.

i don't get how you're not conceding against class teams like Chelsea?

Every single game i play, whether it's home or away, my goal gets peppered with shots, and i ALWAYS concede.

It doesn't matter which tactic i use, my opponent is having more shots than i am every single game.

I've used your tactic for a while and it's just the same.

i don't get how you're not conceding against class teams like Chelsea?

Every single game i play, whether it's home or away, my goal gets peppered with shots, and i ALWAYS concede.

It doesn't matter which tactic i use, my opponent is having more shots than i am every single game.

I've used your tactic for a while and it's just the same.

Maybe he screams really loud when the opposition are attacking and that puts them off?

Hey, was wondering if you could help? I can't find the option to assign a certain player as a playmaker on FM 2012. Only just started playing the new one today & your tactic looks awesome...... Just can't find how to assign a playmaker lol!

Hey, was wondering if you could help? I can't find the option to assign a certain player as a playmaker on FM 2012. Only just started playing the new one today & your tactic looks awesome...... Just can't find how to assign a playmaker lol!

on the tactics screen, click the 'set pieces' tab, then drag your desired playmaker into the playmaker box (bottom right of screen)

How is the defence of this tactic? and how are people getting along, hardly any updates?

actually a quick scan through the thread will find you 8 or 9 people that have simply said 'love it' or similar and 2 that dont like it.

As always when a tactic works pretty well out of the box most people dont bother to comment at all - the usual silent majority. Those that do comment it's usually because they cant find something or need help, that's life!

lol I love that we are all building tactics with Norwich this season, there popping up all over the forum! I do alot of work with the NCFC community sports foundation as part of my job so am often at Carrow Road with staff, I must ask them if they play FM next time I'm over there!!

looking good, but can somebody tell me how to download the newest patch 12.0.4 i have search and search but can't finding nothing :s

Steam will get the patch automatically, just check your download section to check it isnt paused.

actually a quick scan through the thread will find you 8 or 9 people that have simply said 'love it' or similar and 2 that dont like it.

As always when a tactic works pretty well out of the box most people dont bother to comment at all - the usual silent majority. Those that do comment it's usually because they cant find something or need help, that's life!

I normally play a 4-1-2-2-1, but use this as a tactical changeup. I find that it is solid defensively, but can be vulnerable to good AMCs. In that circumstance I drop a MC to DMC and consider man-marking the AMC. If you are prepared to tweak the tactic game by game depending on who you are playing you can get it to be very solid defensively. Used as a plug and play however this remains a very reliable tactic that plays some very nice looking football.

If you are looking for alternative 4-2-3-1s, try Mou's. Its a tiny bit more solid and counter-attacking, but not quite effective in the final third in my experience.

I normally play a 4-1-2-2-1, but use this as a tactical changeup. I find that it is solid defensively, but can be vulnerable to good AMCs. In that circumstance I drop a MC to DMC and consider man-marking the AMC. If you are prepared to tweak the tactic game by game depending on who you are playing you can get it to be very solid defensively. Used as a plug and play however this remains a very reliable tactic that plays some very nice looking football.

If you are looking for alternative 4-2-3-1s, try Mou's. Its a tiny bit more solid and counter-attacking, but not quite effective in the final third in my experience.

Could you not just set you MCd to man-mark him?

I'll try to post a couple screenshots from my second season at Liverpool:

1bb75ebf96986fa4b8951c89554ec7f191ddc62dd996bd5a01e67437a6e812d22g.jpg

2b0d76b58e75e7feb6f0d35e82f6f6c057dbd3b4943c7e8d74e6c9c8958818d32g.jpg

Started with this tactic in December and you can see the impressive run of form in the yellow box.

I usually start with the normal tactic, then move the MCL to DML and increase time wasting after a goal or if we need to get a better handle on the game. For match prep I use def set pieces.

Just a superb tactic in attack and defence.

Archived