[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally the League table................

englishpremierdivisionoz.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Absolutely loving this tactic........hopefully the form continues until we get into Europe LOL

Great mate, hopefully with a decent AMC you'll be top next season (see if you can pick up Kevin De Bruye on the cheap - cost me 800k and he's sensational).

Hi Fuss,i have translated this tactic to Chinese FM players and already become a extremely popular tactic in that most popular FM forum of China,probablely even more popular than here:)

Most test results and feedback of V0.2 are good.

U may see the link here,http://www.playgm.cn/thread-574368-1-1.html,BTW,I will translate ur next tactic anyway.

Tnanks bro~

Awesome, I got interview for an apparently big Chinese website when I did my FM07 tactics - so I know there's a decent fan base there, many thanks for bringing it to my attention. Which version is most successful in that thread?

Is it normal for both my CB's to be the top scorers for the club?

Well they do score a fair bit, but top is mad. Wilfried is usually my top scorer with 50 or so a season (in comparison my best defender 'Bassong' might get 18-20).

Is it normal for both my CB's to be the top scorers for the club?

I've noticed that with many tactics posted here, the common offensive corner setup most people seem to employ is either aim at near or far post and have your defenders attack both of these. What happens is that your CBs will inevitably score at least one goal every ~3 games because they beat their opponent 1v1 or don't get marked at all. That way you end up with defenders scoring a ton from corners over the course of a season.

I personally find that extremely unrealistic and annoying so what I do every time I load up a new tactic is check the Set Pieces tab and change Corners/Freekicks to Variable (the standard setting) so I don't end up with an unrealistic amount of goals from corners. I did this with this tactic too btw, still works and won me the league but my Centre Backs both have only around 5 goals each which is still fairly decent.

I've noticed that with many tactics posted here, the common offensive corner setup most people seem to employ is either aim at near or far post and have your defenders attack both of these. What happens is that your CBs will inevitably score at least one goal every ~3 games because they beat their opponent 1v1 or don't get marked at all. That way you end up with defenders scoring a ton from corners over the course of a season.

I personally find that extremely unrealistic and annoying so what I do every time I load up a new tactic is check the Set Pieces tab and change Corners/Freekicks to Variable (the standard setting) so I don't end up with an unrealistic amount of goals from corners. I did this with this tactic too btw, still works and won me the league but my Centre Backs both have only around 5 goals each which is still fairly decent.

Good to hear that it still works well without the corner exploit.

You'll notice I dont have my corners set to the 'full' exploit, but do still have a man attack the near post, so yes I make use of it...personally I dont like it either, but most people just want to win and score goals and don't really care how.

You'll notice I dont have my corners set to the 'full' exploit, but do still have a man attack the near post, so yes I make use of it...personally I dont like it either, but most people just want to win and score goals and don't really care how.

Have you tried the tactic without it?

Have you tried the tactic without it?

I usually play with it - but I wont release a tactic without it as the majority of people want it, and I'm afraid that's the one area I'm not open to negotiation on.

The next and last release is looking good by the way, there wasn't much work to do, few simple tweaks.

any chance you changing crossing, its just horrendous and never works as it should, i still remember my fm10 games, where wingers actually used theirs speed and crossing skill, yet with fm12 or your tactic in particular they never cross when they should

they usually stop, instead instantly crossing when they reach end of field, and then opposition catch them, and they pass back, i wonder why do i even need wingers with 15+ cross, when my fullbacks do more crossing, its either some wingers instruction not working as it should, or strikers/amc so they are never there to cross and wingers holds the play.. either way its bit of bleh,

and in you instruction you say we need pure wingers, what we need at this rate is pure inside wingers, ones that score, not ones that cross, as they move inside more often than they do real cross

long free kills are useless too, they are kicked to far away post, while noone even stands there, and goalkeeper catches ball every time

any chance you changing crossing, its just horrendous and never works as it should, i still remember my fm10 games, where wingers actually used theirs speed and crossing skill, yet with fm12 or your tactic in particular they never cross when they should

they usually stop, instead instantly crossing when they reach end of field, and then opposition catch them, and they pass back, i wonder why do i even need wingers with 15+ cross, when my fullbacks do more crossing, its either some wingers instruction not working as it should, or strikers/amc so they are never there to cross and wingers holds the play.. either way its bit of bleh,

and in you instruction you say we need pure wingers, what we need at this rate is pure inside wingers, ones that score, not ones that cross, as they move inside more often than they do real cross

long free kills are useless too, they are kicked to far away post, while noone even stands there, and goalkeeper catches ball every time

Haha, oddly enough yes, crossing is gone! every player has crossing low now (except full-backs whom have it on medium), I find crosses wasteful, even a top team on a good day only connect about 25% of crosses it seems....which means most of the time they are just losing you possession and leaving you open for no reason. So one of the bigger tweaks in the next version is that crosses have been culled.

My reasoning is that the wingers have enough creative freedom to ignore my orders and cross if they really feel it's necessary, but if not, then they'll look to cut in and play the through-ball instead. As a bonus it's also increased the possession numbers quite nicely, as we're not kicking the ball away on crazy crosses.

My current tests are largely trying to choose between cut-inside and move into channels for the wingers....currently cut-in seems to be winning the battle.

I've also tweaked the ST to stay put a little more.

Just finished my first season with Leeds using the v0.3 FINAL version - no tweaks.

Here are the some results (in danish):

npowertabel.png

The most memorable matches came from the FA Cup:

scoursers.png

blackburna.png

chelsy.png

I was eventually knocked out by a 2-0 loss to Spurs, but i've really been happy at my teams' performance.

I'll keep following this post, and look forward to future tweaks - keep up the good work!

So fuss, I just read about the crossing stuff, for the current skyrim version you say that you want a pure winger on the right side with good crossing and the AML to be an inside forward but as a previous poster said the right winger very rarely cross for me. Would it be better to go with an inside forward there as well?

Fuss..........Great mate, hopefully with a decent AMC you'll be top next season (see if you can pick up Kevin De Bruye on the cheap - cost me 800k and he's sensational).

Thanks for the info...........have fallen away a little since i last posted..........am 5th with 10 games to go.......loads of injuries and suspensions!!.......and a very small squad.

I reached the semi-final of the League Cup and lost 4-2 to Man City over 2 legs, and have just reached the Semi-Final of the FA Cup.......

Petrov is playing fantastic on the left wing, its a real shame he is 32 lol........

So fuss, I just read about the crossing stuff, for the current skyrim version you say that you want a pure winger on the right side with good crossing and the AML to be an inside forward but as a previous poster said the right winger very rarely cross for me. Would it be better to go with an inside forward there as well?

I'm testing tweaks now, it takes a long time to test - you must change one slider or one tick box and then play a whole season at least to see the results. I can't stand people that change 3 or 4 things, play a few matches and say "great tweaks it's better"....you have no idea if it's better, all you know is that you did well in those next few matches! Hence it takes so long for tacticians like Hough, Vodu and I to test properly.

If you want to try yourself (this is untested though and on your own head), set both wingers to 'move into channels', cross to low, through-balls to medium. And play them on the wrong sides so they cut in (left footer on the right/right footer on the left1). Then let me know your thoughts.

Fuss..........Great mate, hopefully with a decent AMC you'll be top next season (see if you can pick up Kevin De Bruye on the cheap - cost me 800k and he's sensational).

Thanks for the info...........have fallen away a little since i last posted..........am 5th with 10 games to go.......loads of injuries and suspensions!!.......and a very small squad.

I reached the semi-final of the League Cup and lost 4-2 to Man City over 2 legs, and have just reached the Semi-Final of the FA Cup.......

Petrov is playing fantastic on the left wing, its a real shame he is 32 lol........

Nout I can do about injuries sadly - try and loan some players from outside the UK as you cna get them in outside a transfer window...I think?

Just finished my first season with Leeds using the v0.3 FINAL version - no tweaks.

Here are the some results (in danish):

npowertabel.png

The most memorable matches came from the FA Cup:

scoursers.png

blackburna.png

chelsy.png

I was eventually knocked out by a 2-0 loss to Spurs, but i've really been happy at my teams' performance.

I'll keep following this post, and look forward to future tweaks - keep up the good work!

Top results - sorry to hear about the loss to spurs, but I generally feel they are one of the toughest teams in the game.

guys i have 1 question for you!

if we have in team instruction selected using playmaker and then in playmaker box dont choose player, what a impact will this have in game??

i hope you understand what i mean!

I actually don't know the answer to this, I would assume that the game would auto select a playmaker from your current first 11...the problem would be it might pick a winger or MC? Post it up somewhere to ask SI as I'd be interested to know this, but really just prep a list of play makers.

21883 clicks,231 replies so far in our forum:)base on replies,i think v2.0 is most successful one,but both v2.0 and 3.0 have defensive problem(I am not sure its a really problem or u just set like this),i mean we can get many goals meanwhile lost many,usually get the result like 4:3,3:2,5:3......corner kick always easy to goal,so CBs(even DR/L) may get many goals a season,MC may get a lot of assists and AMC always played very well.

Fuss - I appreciate your version 0.4 won't be released until you have finished it but could you give us updates on what you are tweaking, reasons why and what appears to be working and what hasn't? It would help me (and I am sure others) know what to look for when playing the game and looking for players (appreciating what stats to look for).

I just wanted to add; the post about the wingers cutting in instead and the creative freedom still being enough for them to cross if they were in a good position to, and the percentage of crosses that are actually successful was very informative.

Fuss - I appreciate your version 0.4 won't be released until you have finished it but could you give us updates on what you are tweaking, reasons why and what appears to be working and what hasn't? It would help me (and I am sure others) know what to look for when playing the game and looking for players (appreciating what stats to look for).

Yeah I agree with this tbh.

2.BundesligaOverview_Stages.png MichaelMargraffHistory_Achievements.png WolfsburgHistory_BestEleven.png WolfsburgHistory_Records.png

Ruled the 2.Bundesliga with the V0.3 Final. Got the job around the end of september and didn't lose one game in the league. Was on an 10 game winning streak at the end of the season. Tuncay Sanli was outstanding in the AMC role and my striker Heber scored 22 goals in 28 games.

As a result of this great performance i was able to sign at Juve and Spain! Really like this great tactic!

I just wanted to add; the post about the wingers cutting in instead and the creative freedom still being enough for them to cross if they were in a good position to, and the percentage of crosses that are actually successful was very informative.

Yeah I agree with this tbh.

Not trying to be awkward, but each single tweak I made gets tested thoroughly. I dont believe in changing multiple things at once and testing that...as you dont have a reference point to decide which of the changes you made resulted in the apparent performance changes. So you need to go one at a time and test slowly. So it's not unusual for me to spend 6 or 7 seasons in total testing just a few small slider changes.

That's the case now, for example I've used 3 different clubs and 3 different half seasons just to decide between wingers 'cutting it' and wingers 'moving into channels'.

Separately I've got several games on the go to decide between having crosses and eliminating crosses.

Then I will need several more half seasons to put those things togther. So around a dozen different games/seasons later I'll have moved one slider and changed the 'wide play' on 2 players.

It's a boring and meticulous process. But if you make loads of changes and say 'yea that's better' (like many people who released tweaked versions of existing tactics)...then you don't really know why it's better, you dont know if one of the sliders is in-fact worse, but the other 8 changes you made are better.

Hence giving you my working as I go is difficult.

That said I can explain what I'm looking at and why:

Defensive Line

I'm very happy with my defence and haven't had any problems with the new 0.3 setup. That said I'm not against lower the D-line 1 or 2 notches in theory, so will be testing this.

DM or CM

Having two versions of the tactic is tricky, a this is essentially the main difference right now. What I'm looking at is having slightly more aggressive settings on the cm/dm player but moving him permanently to DM....this should give us the best of both worlds.

Crosses

Are wasteful horrible things, I play to get ride of them and set everybody to 'rarely' that should increase possession and give less squandered chanes. However when crosses are really useful is when a player ends up right by the opposing corner flag with nowhere to go....a fairly decent level of creative freedom should in theory allow the player to ignore my orders and cross anyway.

Counter-Attack

One of the oddest tactical settings in the game - why isn't this a slider? It should essentially be level of risk taken to quickly hit an opponent....the great part of counter-attacking is that you can break quickly and nab goals. But this is actually quite often when your fullbacks get caught out and conceed, essentially other teams counter your counter. So it's actually a very dangerous style of play.

If I choose to alter counter-attack them I'll need to lower time wasting and probably up tempo to compensate....so one change can lead to many others. There are other little tweaks that these will affect, but essentially these are the key areas for me right now.

ST movement

Having the striker move into channels creates opportunities for the entire team to score, as he'll often end up wide and cross in for a winger or the AMC. However is this actually the best idea? If the striker was more limited then he would finish the vast majority of the goals...while this would mean less goals elsewhere...it should in theory mean more goals overall as the ST will be better at taking chances than other positions due to the nature of him being a striker and his stats.

Oh and free kicks suck, but i'll sort that.

Not trying to be awkward, but each single tweak I made gets tested thoroughly. I dont believe in changing multiple things at once and testing that...as you dont have a reference point to decide which of the changes you made resulted in the apparent performance changes. So you need to go one at a time and test slowly. So it's not unusual for me to spend 6 or 7 seasons in total testing just a few small slider changes.

That's the case now, for example I've used 3 different clubs and 3 different half seasons just to decide between wingers 'cutting it' and wingers 'moving into channels'.

Separately I've got several games on the go to decide between having crosses and eliminating crosses.

Then I will need several more half seasons to put those things togther. So around a dozen different games/seasons later I'll have moved one slider and changed the 'wide play' on 2 players.

It's a boring and meticulous process. But if you make loads of changes and say 'yea that's better' (like many people who released tweaked versions of existing tactics)...then you don't really know why it's better, you dont know if one of the sliders is in-fact worse, but the other 8 changes you made are better.

Hence giving you my working as I go is difficult.

That said I can explain what I'm looking at and why:

Defensive Line

I'm very happy with my defence and haven't had any problems with the new 0.3 setup. That said I'm not against lower the D-line 1 or 2 notches in theory, so will be testing this.

DM or CM

Having two versions of the tactic is tricky, a this is essentially the main difference right now. What I'm looking at is having slightly more aggressive settings on the cm/dm player but moving him permanently to DM....this should give us the best of both worlds.

Crosses

Are wasteful horrible things, I play to get ride of them and set everybody to 'rarely' that should increase possession and give less squandered chanes. However when crosses are really useful is when a player ends up right by the opposing corner flag with nowhere to go....a fairly decent level of creative freedom should in theory allow the player to ignore my orders and cross anyway.

Counter-Attack

One of the oddest tactical settings in the game - why isn't this a slider? It should essentially be level of risk taken to quickly hit an opponent....the great part of counter-attacking is that you can break quickly and nab goals. But this is actually quite often when your fullbacks get caught out and conceed, essentially other teams counter your counter. So it's actually a very dangerous style of play.

If I choose to alter counter-attack them I'll need to lower time wasting and probably up tempo to compensate....so one change can lead to many others. There are other little tweaks that these will affect, but essentially these are the key areas for me right now.

ST movement

Having the striker move into channels creates opportunities for the entire team to score, as he'll often end up wide and cross in for a winger or the AMC. However is this actually the best idea? If the striker was more limited then he would finish the vast majority of the goals...while this would mean less goals elsewhere...it should in theory mean more goals overall as the ST will be better at taking chances than other positions due to the nature of him being a striker and his stats.

Oh and free kicks suck, but i'll sort that.

Thanks FuSS. I wasn't looking for tweak by tweak just your thoughts and what you think you might change etc. just as you have put in the last paragraph. Looking forward to the perfect tactic, that said, SkyRIM is working well for my Berwick Rangers side. Currently top of Div 3 and 10 points clear.

Take this with a pinch of salt as it's season 3 with Norwich (my personal game - we tacticians are allowed some fun) and the team is now pretty good - although I should point out I've still never spent more than 2.5m on a player :) Don't know why Man City need all that money...

PalermovNorwichInformation_Overview.png

Take this with a pinch of salt as it's season 3 with Norwich (my personal game - we tacticians are allowed some fun) and the team is now pretty good - although I should point out I've still never spent more than 2.5m on a player :) Don't know why Man City need all that money...

PalermovNorwichInformation_Overview.png

I want this tactic man plssss

Hi and sorry for my poor english (i'm french and i hope you will understand me ;-) )

I just wanted to give my opinion on your tactics and can be also give you a helping hand to make it evolve

I'm in my fourth season with Monaco (French team), before i used to use a classic 4-4-2, (Vodu tactic). 2 times French League Champion, 2 cup and semi final Champions league. The results was pretty good, but i love tactic with AMC so i decided to try your's

So new season, I've try your tactic 2 times.

First time during the first part of the season, the result was not good or not enough for me... certainly because of my new player ( New AMC, New CB and couple of young player) in order not to miss my season, I decided to get my old tactics. I took your tactics in December, by changing a few inches...

* I changed the mindset of every player (except AMC and FC) in the backing of one notch

* Modify the creativity of two wingers by removing two step

* Shot away on the AMC move to rarely

Now my team seems to master the tactics and the results are convincing. These are small changes but I feel that changing the mindset of the team had a big impact.

One thing still bothers me and I can not resolve. Right winger score too many goal for my taste;-) I know it's weird to say this but I would like he crosse more often, especially my FC is great and good of the head.

Here, thanks to this tactic and the work done, and I hope to have brought a little help

Fuss, Been using MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL: for nearly half a season with Mordovia in the Russian First division (7th Media prediction out of 19). So far the tactic has been very good. Concede quite a few but when you get going the goals flow.

few questions (sorry if previously answered)

I do get a red card from time to time, and it affects the performace a lot. 1st question..... how will notching the tackling down affect the tactic? as it works well when winning the ball back and starting a counter and i dont want to play around with the tactic to much. When you do get a sending off (mostly my Left Back) what position would you sacrafice to keep the tactic at its best? i have been sacraficing the RAM but have a feeling i should'nt be.

Fuss, Been using MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL: for nearly half a season with Mordovia in the Russian First division (7th Media prediction out of 19). So far the tactic has been very good. Concede quite a few but when you get going the goals flow.

few questions (sorry if previously answered)

I do get a red card from time to time, and it affects the performace a lot. 1st question..... how will notching the tackling down affect the tactic? as it works well when winning the ball back and starting a counter and i dont want to play around with the tactic to much. When you do get a sending off (mostly my Left Back) what position would you sacrafice to keep the tactic at its best? i have been sacraficing the RAM but have a feeling i should'nt be.

Tackling 'hardness' is actually represenative of risk...not the strength of a tackle.

Easy tackle = only make the tackle if you're almost definitely going to win the ball.

Normal tackle = make the tackle if you're got a decent chance of winning the ball.

Hard tackle = make the tackle even if you've only got a slim chance of pulling it off.

So hard tackles will get yellow cards, but not using them means players will let opponents past more often unless they are confident they wont commit a foul.

The general rule of thumb is that a player will be fully capable of hard tackling at around 15 tackling and above. Full-backs often aren't this good, so it might be worth setting them to normal and trying it out...but they wont make the riskier tackles for better or for worse.

-----------------------

Regarding losing a player, this has been answered in the thread somewhere - I tend to drop the RCM.

With Regards to losing a player FuSS has said about gettting rid of the RCM because he is the jack of all trades and master of none. Personally when I have gone a man down I have got rid of my AMC and generally dominate games still guess its just cause I have two hard working midfielders and have creativity on the wings.

I had been using the first version of this tactic on the first version of FM12, but after the latest patch I can't seem to get it to work anymore. Have tried both Skyrim and Final version, but the defence in both of these have been abysmal for me. After reading through this thread I'm still at a loss as to how to stop the goals pouring in against my Man Utd team.. Any suggestions would be apreciated as I have started to lose faith that I will ever get this tactic to work again.

I had been using the first version of this tactic on the first version of FM12, but after the latest patch I can't seem to get it to work anymore. Have tried both Skyrim and Final version, but the defence in both of these have been abysmal for me. After reading through this thread I'm still at a loss as to how to stop the goals pouring in against my Man Utd team.. Any suggestions would be apreciated as I have started to lose faith that I will ever get this tactic to work again.

Set your match preparation on defense and leave it there for the rest of the season. Additionally, get fast defenders, raw speed on the CBs is quite strong in this ME.

I guess despite him having only 12 for both pace and acceleration, Vidic would be suitable for this tactic?

I wouldn't recommend him no. He falls into the John Terry category - looks good on paper, but the game favours faster defenders. That's not just this, that's FM12.

I wouldn't recommend him no. He falls into the John Terry category - looks good on paper, but the game favours faster defenders. That's not just this, that's FM12.

Aw :( Tbh I'm still gonna use him as I don't think I could actually sell the guy because I really like him IRL. So I will let you know how well he does.

What would you say is the minimum for the CB's then? 13 for both? I will make sure to have a faster CB beside him.

Aw :( Tbh I'm still gonna use him as I don't think I could actually sell the guy because I really like him IRL. So I will let you know how well he does.

What would you say is the minimum for the CB's then? 13 for both? I will make sure to have a faster CB beside him.

Well if you're playing with a top team and have the money I strongly recommend CBs with 14+ pace and acceleration. One of the best defenders with the current ME is actually someone like Bassong from Tottenham for example. The guy usually gets transfer listed pretty early in the game and shouldn't cost too much.

Surely Vidic would do a job though? C'mon, the guy is a beast apart from his pace and acceleration which are 12 each. It's on the slow side for an EPL defender but surely his mentals and his other physicals/technicals more than make up for it? He is the best CB in the game apart from his pace and acceleration.

Surely Vidic would do a job though? C'mon, the guy is a beast apart from his pace and acceleration which are 12 each. It's on the slow side for an EPL defender but surely his mentals and his other physicals/technicals more than make up for it? He is the best CB in the game apart from his pace and acceleration.

Pace and acceleration 10... but how can you not play a guy with this attributes?

2011112600001y.jpg

Sure, pace and acceleration are important in the ME, perhaps too important, but you can always find a way for good slower players to contribute. Play him alongside a fast CB and fast full backs and you will be fine.

I would of thought a Vidic would be good in a stopper kind of role but you would have to pair him up with a good covering defender with pace.
Pace and acceleration 10... but how can you not play a guy with this attributes?

2011112600001y.jpg

Sure, pace and acceleration are important in the ME, perhaps too important, but you can always find a way for good slower players to contribute. Play him alongside a fast CB and fast full backs and you will be fine.

Exactly what I was thinking. This tactic has 1 stopper and 1 cover anyway so I don't see the problem.

Nah, I'm using the Skyrim version and both CBs are on same settings afaik. But originally this tactic had a classic stopper/cover setup.

Anyways, with defenders that have superb mental stats like the ones you got I wouldn't worry too much. You can achieve clean sheets even with slower defenders, especially if they're world class like Vidic (Terry I'm not so sure, hes a bit overrated in the game), it's just that you'll eventually run into scenarios during 3d matches where you gonna feel a lot safer with fast, physical defenders.

Nah, I'm using the Skyrim version and both CBs are on same settings afaik. But originally this tactic had a classic stopper/cover setup.

Anyways, with defenders that have superb mental stats like the ones you got I wouldn't worry too much. You can achieve clean sheets even with slower defenders, especially if they're world class like Vidic (Terry I'm not so sure, hes a bit overrated in the game), it's just that you'll eventually run into scenarios during 3d matches where you gonna feel a lot safer with fast, physical defenders.

Ah yeah that was it. Have you had more success with Skyrim over v1?

Archived