[FM12] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 || 4-2-3-1 • • • NEW VERSION!

Which version do you prefer?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL
    • MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm that the tactic still works just as well as it did before. I think it's placebo when people say it doesn't work when it's been mentioned very minor changes to ME have been made, not even enough to create a log on it.

Btw I am using Marcelo's tweaked tactic for most games now, it's very good and even better than V.04B imo. I recommend anyone struggling to give it a go. Hernández who just wouldn't score in V.04B, is now scoring in nearly every game.

Here are the ME changes. These are very minimal and I really doubt they would disrupt the tactic at all.

The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery

- Harder to get header on target under pressure

- Better AI attacking corner set-up

- Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction

- Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third

- Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,

Paul

Hoho, managed to get to the Euro Cup final on my second season. Sadly I met Manchester City in the final game. They were the better side but did not dominate as much as I thought they would, and they also beat me 2:1 with one of the goals being an own goal of my CB :( Still, nice achievement I guess.

Hoho, managed to get to the Euro Cup final on my second season. Sadly I met Manchester City in the final game. They were the better side but did not dominate as much as I thought they would, and they also beat me 2:1 with one of the goals being an own goal of my CB :( Still, nice achievement I guess.

What team are you?

Btw I am using Marcelo's tweaked tactic for most games now, it's very good and even better than V.04B imo. I recommend anyone struggling to give it a go. Hernández who just wouldn't score in V.04B, is now scoring in nearly every game.

As the Real Madrid save was becoming boring with CR scoring nearly 3 goals per game, I started a new one with Tottenham, with this version (post #691), and it's working really well so far:

totttable1.jpg

Lennon, Defoe, Bale and van der Vaart are playing very well in the attack, and Lennon is even my top scorer so far (this are League Stats only):

tottsquadstats.jpg

As the Real Madrid save was becoming boring with CR scoring nearly 3 goals per game, I started a new one with Tottenham, with this version (post #691), and it's working really well so far:

totttable1.jpg

Lennon, Defoe, Bale and van der Vaart are playing very well in the attack, and Lennon is even my top scorer so far (this are League Stats only):

tottsquadstats.jpg

Nice results there.

Is this version any different from the one you sent me or is it the same?

I dont see any significant changes in this patch, so don't think I'll be releasing anything any-time soon.

It annoys me that they increased AI corner taking efficiently, as the AI already made far too much use of the corner bug as it was.

So the additional focus should be on defensive postioning? With only one striker? Doesn't this take a lot away from the attack? I just want to be certain that I'm supposed to do this as it sounds strange. I played a few matches this way, they were all very boring and very close and I have a world class team so I thought I would come in here and double check.

Here you have my records using two variation of this tactic. It is 8 season admittedly, but I think, that results aren't bad : )

Final table:

20111215210657.png

Topscorer:

20111215210826.png

and his attributes:

20111215210821.png

Supercup final:

20111215210724.png

I'm playing using two tactics:

- MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL

- MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM-short

First of them I'm using in the most games (every home game (even if I play with rival such as Barcelona or Man City) and every league game, because any rival can't catch me up : D ). During CL games I have simple rule: first tactic - home, the second one - away, finals etc.

Other advices ?:

- I always use OI for wingers (hard pressing & weak foot)

- I do not play using target man or playmaker

If you have any questions, don't hesiste to ask me : )

Here you have my records using two variation of this tactic. It is 8 season admittedly, but I think, that results aren't bad : )

Final table:

20111215210657.png

Topscorer:

20111215210826.png

and his attributes:

20111215210821.png

Supercup final:

20111215210724.png

I'm playing using two tactics:

- MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 FINAL

- MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 SKYRIM-short

First of them I'm using in the most games (every home game (even if I play with rival such as Barcelona or Man City) and every league game, because any rival can't catch me up : D ). During CL games I have simple rule: first tactic - home, the second one - away, finals etc.

Other advices ?:

- I always use OI for wingers (hard pressing & weak foot)

- I do not play using target man or playmaker

If you have any questions, don't hesiste to ask me : )

Nice results there mate.

As for the part in bold, you say you use tight pressing on wingers, do you mean closing down 'always' or tight marking 'always'? Also, what is your thinking behind not using a playmaker? What positive effect does it have on your team?

Thanks.

So the additional focus should be on defensive postioning? With only one striker? Doesn't this take a lot away from the attack? I just want to be certain that I'm supposed to do this as it sounds strange. I played a few matches this way, they were all very boring and very close and I have a world class team so I thought I would come in here and double check.

Wingers cut in so you effectively have 3 strikers. Also AMC gets into penalty area a lot, and sometimes even the MC and DMC suddenly pop up from behind after a pass and score. Attacking is not a problem with this tactic, defending is - but I never saw a tactic which has both at high level.

Wingers cut in so you effectively have 3 strikers. Also AMC gets into penalty area a lot, and sometimes even the MC and DMC suddenly pop up from behind after a pass and score. Attacking is not a problem with this tactic, defending is - but I never saw a tactic which has both at high level.

I'm yet to find any tactic that has consistently got defending right in FM12, suggests to me there's some work to do in the next patch.

I'm yet to find any tactic that has consistently got defending right in FM12, suggests to me there's some work to do in the next patch.

I don't think the ME will get any significant changes this year, not even in the last patch. SI seems happy with its stability, and I think they are focusing on big ME improvements for future versions.

I can confirm that the tactic still works just as well as it did before. I think it's placebo when people say it doesn't work when it's been mentioned very minor changes to ME have been made, not even enough to create a log on it.

Started over with the patch as there are some good changes in terms of position money in Russia. Same team as before (Mordovia, Russian first division) and couldn't agree more with this.

Only 2 games in and i have 6 first team injuries but have won 2-0 away then 7-0 at home. ACM has 3 goals and my ST has 5. I look very solid at the back and devestating going forward. Have also loaded in 0.4b with defensive tweaks mentioned to see out tougher games.

I'm having major problems with this tactic since the patch. I dominated the first season with Arsenal, won league by 10 points, got to CL Final, losing in extra time to Barca. Since the patch I got smashed 3-0 by Bolton and 4-2 at home by Liverpool, and they weren't just bad luck, in fact I was lucky to score 2 against 'Pool.

I'm just saying that I loaded up the game today, played now 3 games and gotten hammered. I'm talking 3 shots in a game hammered, and my team is superior to all the teams I have faced. This tactic worked wonders for me up until then, I understand sometimes things don't go your way, but I got beaten handily all 3 games.

Marcelo...enjoy the front page :)

First tweaked version I've heard good things about, haven't tested it yet myself. But will give it a bash shortly.

Cool! :cool:

Besides mixing v3 and v4, I made some changes to the set pieces (which I borrowed from other tactics), you may want to take a look at that. Some great counter attacks are started after free kicks, corners and offensive throw-ins taken by the AI.

juvev.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

These are the results of my first season with Juve, using 0.4b version. Serie A championship and Coppa Italia winners. Many goals form counterattacks, which is not surprising :)

juve2j.jpg

Today, I just finished the second season. Ok, I won the championship again, but defensive play was very poor, despite no (or just little) personal changes in line of defense. I had problems especially when playing at home. Poor teams like Atalanta, Fiorentina, Novara, Lazio, Catania, Siena were able to hit me in Turin twice or thrice. Also European competition performances were below my expectations - home lose 0:2 to Liverpool, 3rd place in Group B and really struggling against Legia, but powerful games against much stronger Atletico.

Anyone of You had similar problems in the second season and has already found a cure for this disease ? :)

Cool! :cool:

Besides mixing v3 and v4, I made some changes to the set pieces (which I borrowed from other tactics), you may want to take a look at that. Some great counter attacks are started after free kicks, corners and offensive throw-ins taken by the AI.

Yes I agree with this. Your set pieces are very good and I haven't conceded from one yet. The only thing I have changed is made the AMC 'offer short option' and swapped the DCR with ST to attack near post at corners and set it to mixed delivery as I don't want to score loads from corners and if I do score, I would prefer my striker to get them. Great work either way though and FuSS for providing a great base of course :thup:

I'm just saying that I loaded up the game today, played now 3 games and gotten hammered. I'm talking 3 shots in a game hammered, and my team is superior to all the teams I have faced. This tactic worked wonders for me up until then, I understand sometimes things don't go your way, but I got beaten handily all 3 games.

No problem. It just sounds like you are implying that you are now losing because of the new patch and I find that hard to believe.

been using the tweaked version on my ipswich save, got strong team, but its deadly effective. the ai just cant deal with the counter attacks. feirro has been stupidly good for me.

feirro.jpg

I knew I had made the right choice by signing him for my Utd team. He only cost me £1.3m :cool: He arrives next season due to being under 18. I also have Kovacic arriving next season, those 2 will be future stars for my team.

@ Helmut - Try using focus passing - 'down the middle' to mix things up a bit. That should throw the AI off the tactic again, then switch back after 3 months or so. Or even better, try Marcelo's tweaked tactic which is brilliant :thup:

Just watched 'moneyball' (top film by the way, highly recommended - even if you know sod all about baseball like me).

Realised it's the exact concept I apply to my FM games. I nearly always have a completely different starting 11 by the end of the first season to the team that I started with...picking up underrated bargains...as demonstrated by my Norwich team. Good film, good concept...thought I'd share :)

for me in first half season I believe i conceded 3 indentical corner goals 2 nd post CB owning all

Did you mean in general play? or out of corners? As of the moment my CB still goes 1/2 match ratio for corner goals, ok maybe 1out of 3, but still doing very well

Yeah they seem more dangerous but I haven't conceded from one yet. Apart from the AI at attacking corners, everything is pretty much the same.

in my opinion, defending behaviour of defensive players has been improved much. my player are tackling much more now, even when they play with easy tackling, am happy with the new improvements so far. didnt concede any goals from corners in the first 5 matches. hope, it continues :D

in my opinion, defending behaviour of defensive players has been improved much. my player are tackling much more now, even when they play with easy tackling, am happy with the new improvements so far. didnt concede any goals from corners in the first 5 matches. hope, it continues :D

Does this mean well see a tactic from you mate :p

If so, really looking forward to it

No problem. It just sounds like you are implying that you are now losing because of the new patch and I find that hard to believe.

I am implying that. This is my most recent game. I have not won a game with this tactic since update. 6 matches 4 losses 2 draws. Previous season I didn't have that many losses.

WBA0-ARS0.jpg

Firstly, would you two not start an argument in this thread please.

Secondly, hoosiergunner, if that tactic worked well a season and then didn't work next, you need to consider what's changed.

Do you have new players? Are your current players overconfident? Have you re-set and re-done match prep for the new season? Have you done the MUST DO things such as holding a team meeting as soon as you lost the first game (If you didn't you've already ignored my advice)? Have you got any individual player concerns? Have you switched the passing concentration as suggested? Are you adjusting your team talks to reflect the issues?

If your team hits a rough patch then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, you must grind out a result and return to form.

If I lose match I never just setup with the same tactic the next match - I setup with an extremely tight and defensive tactic to grind out a win by picking up the holes in whomever I face next. Then switch back to my original tactic.

If you lose...you need to make a change to produce a change.

With a team as good as Arsenal you can win most matches with the default tactics - which suggests the problem largely lies elsewhere. Actually watch the matches in full, see where the problems are game to game and make some tactical changes to fix them. You should also use the exceptional analysis tools to see where your team are losing possession/wasting crosses etc..

Unfortunately I can't fix your own bespoke problem as I dont have access to your game (unless you want to send me the save!), so it's gunna require a little bit of football management on your part :)

totttable1.jpg

tottsquadstats.jpg

Coming back to this, who did you play in the Defensive CM position, and who did you play in defence? As with Man Utd, I'm getting frustrated at the amount of goals I've conceded, with V.0.4B or this.

Goalscoring isn't a problem but I've so far conceded 14 goals in 12 games and I would at least like to see less goals conceded to games played, like in your screenshot and especially as Man Utd.

Archived